Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Tina Turner 19:50 - May 24 with 4468 viewsbosh67

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/65669653

Simply the best

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

RIP Tina Turner on 20:01 - May 24 with 3696 viewsbaz_qpr

right kids the original Beyonce moves

RIP Tina Turner on 20:10 - May 24 with 3663 viewsbaz_qpr

RIP Tina Turner on 20:13 - May 24 with 3648 viewsflynnbo

Saw her in the mid 80s. Incredible performer. RIP Tina.
RIP Tina Turner on 20:15 - May 24 with 3643 viewsNorthernr

Gutted. First QPR memories, walking along underneath the Upper Loft to Pu, hearing her welcome the team onto the field.

RIP Tina Turner on 20:45 - May 24 with 3541 viewsJuzzie

I saw her up at Portman Road in 1990, Neville Brothers (no, not the footballers) supporting.

Great gig and took bloody ages getting out of the car park and got back to London and stupid-O’clock in the morning but well worth it.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/21344244.simply-best-remember-tina-turner-coming-ips

RIP.
RIP Tina Turner on 20:49 - May 24 with 3516 viewsSonofpugwash

Irreplaceable.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

RIP Tina Turner on 20:56 - May 24 with 3483 viewsHayesender

The Queen of rock n roll

Poll: Shamima Beghum

RIP Tina Turner on 20:59 - May 24 with 3474 viewsHantsR

I really feel very sad about this news. I was in my teens when River Deep was made and I was knocked out by her and that sound! Re-watched a concert of hers recently and I was again spellbound by the energy and sheer vibrant quality of her performance. A fantastic singer, performer and great songs. Irreplaceable, loved you Tina.
Login to get fewer ads

RIP Tina Turner on 21:49 - May 24 with 3347 viewsslmrstid

Sad to read, Proud Mary is my favourite Tina song. Absolute banger of a tune.

RIP Tina Turner on 22:34 - May 24 with 3257 viewsBoston

Nutbush City Limits - hardly ever hear it.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

RIP Tina Turner on 23:57 - May 24 with 3181 viewsMrSheen

RIP Tina Turner on 20:45 - May 24 by Juzzie

I saw her up at Portman Road in 1990, Neville Brothers (no, not the footballers) supporting.

Great gig and took bloody ages getting out of the car park and got back to London and stupid-O’clock in the morning but well worth it.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/21344244.simply-best-remember-tina-turner-coming-ips

RIP.

I want the Neville Brothers on stage now, with Tracey and Neville.
RIP Tina Turner on 00:09 - May 25 with 3175 viewsB_Wad

So many classics but being more into progressive rock, I heard her and the Ikettes more through some of her collaboration with Frank Zappa. A song like Cosmik Debris has excellent arrangement but Tina Turner and the Ikettes had incredible power and soul that lift the song for me.

[Post edited 25 May 2023 0:16]
RIP Tina Turner on 00:36 - May 25 with 3144 viewsSydneyRs

Unfortunately the media here in Aus seem to think simply the best, which I've always thought was dreadful, was her only song.
RIP Tina Turner on 00:59 - May 25 with 3118 viewsCLAREMAN1995

What a beautiful singer gone to the Promised land .R.I.P
Luckily she found fame ,fortune and happiness after her horrific marriage to Ike (cannot describe what I want to say about him..
Never saw her live but loved Private Dancer it was one of my first ever album purchases .
RIP Tina Turner on 01:21 - May 25 with 3105 viewsBoston

Was never really a fan, but always liked this tune.

Edit
Prefer this rendering.

[Post edited 25 May 2023 1:30]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

RIP Tina Turner on 04:38 - May 25 with 3038 viewsE17hoop

She did so many duets - this one is her best:

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

RIP Tina Turner on 05:06 - May 25 with 3027 viewsPunteR

She was an absolute stunner, had an amazing voice and true superstar qualities on stage.
RIP Tina Turner

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

RIP Tina Turner on 08:13 - May 25 with 2870 viewsRs_Holy

I'm a bit too young to remember her first time around but I do remember when she burst back onto the scene with Heaven 17 on the Tube... Oh the memories....the rest as they is history.
RIP Tina... what a legacy!

[Post edited 25 May 2023 10:29]
RIP Tina Turner on 09:16 - May 25 with 2817 viewsCFW

This lady was amazing, her life journey was incredible and in part heart breaking. So glad she found someone in her later years who treated her as all women should be treated.

Booked up some months ago to go to see her show in London and that is today - could be very emotional for everyone involved.

RIP Tina - you were 'Simply the Best'.
RIP Tina Turner on 10:09 - May 25 with 2781 viewsrobith

"Icon" is overused but hard to think of another term that's appropriate enough for here.

As per post above, she had a pretty torrid life - not just the abuse, but having that abuse used as a cultural touching point, having it brought up in interviews all the time. I think she once said on balance she hadn't enjoyed life at all because of it.

But then as the post above, I'm glad she met a guy who loved her so much he gave her one of his kidneys. I hope she found some happiness
RIP Tina Turner on 13:30 - May 25 with 2694 viewsSimonJames

100% of people who drink water will die.

RIP Tina Turner on 13:37 - May 25 with 2683 viewsMetallica_Hoop

My dad told me years ago he was in Manchester in the early 70's and saw a queue and having had a few joined it.

Turns out it was Tina Turner probably with Ike, he said he didn't remember much about the gig apart from her legs

Her cover of 'Proud Mary' is pretty good.

RIP

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

RIP Tina Turner on 14:32 - May 25 with 2641 viewsslmrstid

RIP Tina Turner on 13:37 - May 25 by Metallica_Hoop

My dad told me years ago he was in Manchester in the early 70's and saw a queue and having had a few joined it.

Turns out it was Tina Turner probably with Ike, he said he didn't remember much about the gig apart from her legs

Her cover of 'Proud Mary' is pretty good.

RIP

I must admit I didn't know Proud Mary was a cover by Tina, who did the original?

Her version is still a banger.
RIP Tina Turner on 14:39 - May 25 with 2633 viewsMaggsinho

RIP Tina Turner on 14:32 - May 25 by slmrstid

I must admit I didn't know Proud Mary was a cover by Tina, who did the original?

Creedence Clearwater Revival
RIP Tina Turner on 14:42 - May 25 with 2631 viewsolderR

RIP Tina Turner on 14:32 - May 25 by slmrstid

Creedence Clearwater Revival.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024