Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leaving a Job - Best way to go out - advice needed 13:40 - Jan 25 with 2998 viewstoboboly

I have been in my job for almost 6 years (3 different departments) and am leaving next Wednesday for pastures new.

As is well documented I do not particularly like most of my colleagues, my institution (i work in a university) or my current team. I would like to leave with a definite sense of "fck you" as I already have my reference and I am going to a better role/university.

However how do I impart such a "fck you"? Advice would be appreciated, however I don't want to do something that would get me noticed in Paul Parker's office.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Leaving a Job - Best way to go out - advice needed on 13:50 - Jan 25 with 2271 viewsDorse

'Before I leave, I'd like to thank you all for your support, great teamwork and all around fun over the years. But I can't.'

'Let me leave you with this one thought....' (then walk out).

'Working here I've seen people striving to achieve the highest standards of professional excellence. And failing.'

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Leaving a Job - Best way to go out - advice needed on 13:50 - Jan 25 with 2269 viewsBoston

Hmm, so the long dark coat, baseball cap turned backwards and a high powered firearm is not an option?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Leaving a Job - Best way to go out - advice needed on 13:50 - Jan 25 with 2268 viewsFDC

What do you do in your job -- what tools do you have at your disposal?

- if you lecture you could give all your students the answers for their upcoming exams on the quiet.

- if admin there's a whole multitude of ways you can fck stuff up.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2018 13:51]
Leaving a Job - Best way to go out - advice needed on 13:54 - Jan 25 with 2244 viewstoboboly

Leaving a Job - Best way to go out - advice needed on 13:50 - Jan 25 by Boston

Hmm, so the long dark coat, baseball cap turned backwards and a high powered firearm is not an option?

maybe tweak the outfit somewhat and I am in!

[Post edited 25 Jan 2018 13:54]

Leaving a Job - Best way to go out - advice needed on 13:55 - Jan 25 with 2234 viewstoboboly

Leaving a Job - Best way to go out - advice needed on 13:50 - Jan 25 by FDC

What do you do in your job -- what tools do you have at your disposal?

- if you lecture you could give all your students the answers for their upcoming exams on the quiet.

- if admin there's a whole multitude of ways you can fck stuff up.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2018 13:51]

Admin.

Leaving a Job - Best way to go out - advice needed on 13:55 - Jan 25 with 2232 viewsWokingR

I would have thought following the example from Paul Parker's office would be perfect.
On your last day, you tread in the biggest lump of sh*t you can find and then walk it into everyones carpet.
Oops.
Leaving a Job - Best way to go out - advice needed on 13:56 - Jan 25 with 2209 viewsBoston

Leaving a Job - Best way to go out - advice needed on 13:55 - Jan 25 by toboboly

Admin.

Break all the pencils.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Leaving a Job - Best way to go out - advice needed on 13:59 - Jan 25 with 2198 viewsMistication92

"I've spent ten years detoxifying this party. It's been a bit like renovating an old, old house, yeah? You can take out a sexist beam here, a callous window there, replace the odd homophobic roof tile. But after a while you realise that this renovation is doomed. Because the foundations are built on what I can only describe as a solid bed of cnts."
Login to get fewer ads

Leaving a Job - Best way to go out - advice needed on 14:02 - Jan 25 with 2185 viewstoboboly

Leaving a Job - Best way to go out - advice needed on 13:59 - Jan 25 by Mistication92

"I've spent ten years detoxifying this party. It's been a bit like renovating an old, old house, yeah? You can take out a sexist beam here, a callous window there, replace the odd homophobic roof tile. But after a while you realise that this renovation is doomed. Because the foundations are built on what I can only describe as a solid bed of cnts."

One for the leavers survey to HR there!

Leaving a Job - Best way to go out - advice needed on 14:05 - Jan 25 with 2172 viewskensalriser

If you're staying in the same industry, have you considered the possibility that you'll come across some of these people professionally again?

Rise above it - you're changing your situation. There's no upside to being a dick.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Leaving a Job - Best way to go out - advice needed on 14:07 - Jan 25 with 2160 viewsMatch82

Leaving a Job - Best way to go out - advice needed on 13:50 - Jan 25 by Dorse

'Before I leave, I'd like to thank you all for your support, great teamwork and all around fun over the years. But I can't.'

'Let me leave you with this one thought....' (then walk out).

'Working here I've seen people striving to achieve the highest standards of professional excellence. And failing.'

"I've enjoyed working with some of you..."
Leaving a Job - Best way to go out - advice needed on 14:10 - Jan 25 with 2150 viewsSimonJames

Be nice to those you meet on the way up, because you might meet them on the way back down...

100% of people who drink water will die.

Leaving a Job - Best way to go out - advice needed on 14:13 - Jan 25 with 2141 viewstoboboly

Leaving a Job - Best way to go out - advice needed on 14:10 - Jan 25 by SimonJames

Be nice to those you meet on the way up, because you might meet them on the way back down...

I can appreciate the sentiments but you couldn't get any lower than where I am atm. Bullying/harassment/narrow minded/incompetent/vulgar and that is all just the staff. The students are like an eastern block zoo turned out into the street.

Leaving a Job - Best way to go out - advice needed on 14:16 - Jan 25 with 2126 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Don’t ask Paddy Kenny for advice.
Leaving a Job - Best way to go out - advice needed on 14:17 - Jan 25 with 2122 viewstoboboly

Final out of office, currently thinking this;

Leaving a Job - Best way to go out - advice needed on 14:19 - Jan 25 with 2118 viewspaulparker

Just walk out the door and go home mate , don't burn your bridges as you don't know what your knew job may bring , you never know you may need to go back
I left a job once and thought the same as you that I would go out in a blaze of glory and told my then boss she was a fcuking useless lazy tvvat before departing
anyway fast forward 2 years later and a mate of mine who I worked with previously was working at Volkswagen it was a right cushy number and very well paid good perks the whole lot and they were crying out for experienced finance managers , he was giving it the old they are crying out for people like you , you will walk into this , I will put in a word, its a formality they will take you on etc etc
so I hand in my CV and the new area manager only turned out to be the woman who I called a useless tvvat , needless to say I didn't get in and then got a bolloc king from her indoors for farking up a decent opportunity
lesson learnt

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Leaving a Job - Best way to go out - advice needed on 14:27 - Jan 25 with 2092 viewsNorthernr

Backwards. Through a brick wall. On a motorcycle. In flames.
Leaving a Job - Best way to go out - advice needed on 14:33 - Jan 25 with 2068 viewsdanehoop

Leaving a Job - Best way to go out - advice needed on 14:27 - Jan 25 by Northernr

Backwards. Through a brick wall. On a motorcycle. In flames.

Just leave and rise above it because you are better than that and moving forward on to better things

Never knowingly understood

Leaving a Job - Best way to go out - advice needed on 14:35 - Jan 25 with 2062 viewsMytch_QPR

Toboboly has left the building.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Leaving a Job - Best way to go out - advice needed on 14:55 - Jan 25 with 2019 viewsLunarJetman

Leaving a Job - Best way to go out - advice needed on 14:13 - Jan 25 by toboboly

I can appreciate the sentiments but you couldn't get any lower than where I am atm. Bullying/harassment/narrow minded/incompetent/vulgar and that is all just the staff. The students are like an eastern block zoo turned out into the street.

If experience has taught me anything, its don't sh*t on them on the way up or out as you never know who you might bump into in the future.

I've been in IT for 20 years and have regularly come across people I used to work with. I've also been tempted to tell people what I thought of them when I or they left but the 30 seconds of pleasure doing so could easily come back and haunt you.

What will you do if someone in your new company knows someone in your old one and stories get back? Is it really worth it? I'd rise above mate...
Leaving a Job - Best way to go out - advice needed on 15:26 - Jan 25 with 1958 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Phone in sick.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Leaving a Job - Best way to go out - advice needed on 16:03 - Jan 25 with 1901 viewsHantsR

When staff left, especially when retiring, it was customary for their Director/ Head to go to their personal file and try to embarrass them in their valedictory speech, mainly because many of them couldn't be arsed to do any research and come up with a fitting tribute.

In my case I thought f*** that! I'm gonna have some fun and tell my story my way. I laid on cakes, tasty snacks and drinks then did a lunch-time Powerpoint presentation with lots of little stories entitled, 'Hell in the Bush' c/w photos from my times in the jungle, desert and hell-holes around the world. I even managed to show two directors as Little and Large look-a-likes, which raised a huge laugh People felt free to barrack, which made it even more fun. My digs were subtle but acid, apparently quite funny and many present said it was the best farewell speech they'd witnessed.
Leaving a Job - Best way to go out - advice needed on 16:12 - Jan 25 with 1888 viewsrobith

My industry is relatively small, and I've seen a few people pull stunts or go out with a bang, and one who is a freak of nature in terms of ability aside, all bar two of them can't get jobs in sector anymore and those two are working well below where I saw their trajectories at the time. Sorry to be boring, but it's legit not worth it
Leaving a Job - Best way to go out - advice needed on 17:30 - Jan 25 with 1805 viewsPunteR

Leaving a Job - Best way to go out - advice needed on 15:26 - Jan 25 by PlanetHonneywood

Phone in sick.

This^.
Obviously get on the beers the night before.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Leaving a Job - Best way to go out - advice needed on 17:51 - Jan 25 with 1770 viewsdubaistu

Curl one out into the kettle.

In all honesty, l would leave graciously life has a funny habit of biting you on the ar$e when you least expect it. Apart from a few minutes of satisfaction, I doubt there's too much to gain.

Get your chap out and do a windmill OR "that's not a knife, this is a knife (holding your old chap)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024