Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Masterson (and now Ball - edit) 10:01 - Sep 8 with 4779 viewsNorthernr

Extends to 2023. Expect Ball to follow shortly...

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/conor-masterson-signs-new-contract/

This post has been edited by an administrator
Masterson on 10:06 - Sep 8 with 4158 viewsBklynRanger

Great news - a year or two from now I think he'll be a seriously good player.
Masterson on 10:36 - Sep 8 with 4042 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good stuff.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Masterson on 10:52 - Sep 8 with 3967 viewsfrancisbowles

Masterson on 10:36 - Sep 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Good stuff.

Seems to have a good attitude. Isn't wallowing in what might have been at Liverpool and doesn't think it's beneath him to play for us. To sign a new contract days after the club has bought a player to play in your best position, suggests he has faith in his own ability, our coaching and management as well as the drive to work hard and succeed.

Well done to him and the best of luck for his career with us.
Masterson on 10:54 - Sep 8 with 3951 viewsPhilmyRs

Pleased with this although still think there's a lot to work on.

Post lockdown especially, I think he was quite average to poor (along with a few others it must be said) but was given fair bit of leeway from fans on message boards and from the Manager, which is how it should be for a young player making his way in the game. He's shown enough to me that there's a player that will improve and become a good one for us but I still think he's some way from being at that level of 'first 11 material' but in time I think he will be.
Masterson on 11:06 - Sep 8 with 3893 viewsbosh67

Good he will get better and better I hope. With our high line he'll be playing centre forward next season.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Masterson on 11:15 - Sep 8 with 3858 viewseastside_r

Good news. Not sure about Ball though.
Masterson on 11:23 - Sep 8 with 3826 viewsBAWHoops

Good news.

In a year he's come on from academy cast off to back up Championship CB. let's hope he keeps developing

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Masterson on 11:27 - Sep 8 with 3810 viewsAntti_Heinola

Masterson on 10:54 - Sep 8 by PhilmyRs

Pleased with this although still think there's a lot to work on.

Post lockdown especially, I think he was quite average to poor (along with a few others it must be said) but was given fair bit of leeway from fans on message boards and from the Manager, which is how it should be for a young player making his way in the game. He's shown enough to me that there's a player that will improve and become a good one for us but I still think he's some way from being at that level of 'first 11 material' but in time I think he will be.

CBs are the most difficult position to come through as a young player. No other position on the pitch leaves you more exposed. That's why you rarely see young CBs going straight into teams at the highest level - or even at this level. Dickie a case in point - a good player, admired by many, but not given a chance at Reading. It's about exposure to the position, the last person before the keeper. That's why Warbs wanted him to go out on loan I think, but seems like we don't have that luxury now. Look how long it took Rio Ferdinand to become that great CB. It's why you also see CBs come into first teams and play full back at first. It's really, really tough.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Masterson on 12:28 - Sep 8 with 3643 viewsPhilmyRs

Masterson on 11:27 - Sep 8 by Antti_Heinola

CBs are the most difficult position to come through as a young player. No other position on the pitch leaves you more exposed. That's why you rarely see young CBs going straight into teams at the highest level - or even at this level. Dickie a case in point - a good player, admired by many, but not given a chance at Reading. It's about exposure to the position, the last person before the keeper. That's why Warbs wanted him to go out on loan I think, but seems like we don't have that luxury now. Look how long it took Rio Ferdinand to become that great CB. It's why you also see CBs come into first teams and play full back at first. It's really, really tough.

Yep, agree, which is why I wouldn't want to rely on him as a first choice as we begin the season which quite a few fans see him as being already.

Being part of a squad, coming in here and there as cover and possible starter as a back 3 to have more experienced pros talking him through the game would be my hope for this season. I actually don't think a loan would be the worst move in the world either. Starting the season with him as first choice would be a worry for the reasons you outlined but a season of 25/30 games more experience of being around the first team would put him that step closer next season and then when he gets 60+ camps under his belt he'll be a first teamer and I think a very good player.
Masterson on 13:44 - Sep 8 with 3492 viewsNorthantsHoop

Good result for both club and Masterson. I like his attitude he is developing nicely and improving. Lost his way a bit after the Covid re-start, but by the end of the run of games, his confidence had returned.
Masterson on 13:48 - Sep 8 with 3476 viewsDavieQPR

If we play with 3 at the back this season he might not be backup.
Masterson on 14:22 - Sep 8 with 3391 viewsfrancisbowles

If we can get another experienced centre back in, mainly as cover, then I think he could go on loan until January and then Gubbins could go out for the second half.
Masterson on 15:14 - Sep 8 with 3301 viewsdavman

... and in our formation, "exposed" doesn't even come close to describing the reality. It's like fighting in WW1 without the trenches...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Masterson on 16:08 - Sep 8 with 3188 viewsderbyhoop

Exactly what we are trying to do. Buy young when other clubs don't know how to use them, or they aren't quite good enough for the PL. Spend 2/3 years developing them with Ramsey, Hal and Impey to the fore. Sell for a big profit.

Nice to have Masterson tied up for the next 3 years.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Masterson on 16:34 - Sep 8 with 3124 viewsGalileo

It's why you also see CBs come into first teams and play full back at first

- didn't Macca start out as a full back ?
Masterson on 20:59 - Sep 8 with 2965 viewsMyke

Except goalkeeper perhaps - and we are always so tolerant and patient with them that they have plenty of time to develop
Masterson on 02:11 - Sep 9 with 2753 viewsextratimeR

Good forward planning by club, well deserved, really enjoyed the Leeds game, ( possibly his best performance).

Good news!
Masterson on 04:44 - Sep 9 with 2700 viewstimcocking

Well done Conor, best of British...
Masterson on 09:24 - Sep 9 with 2564 viewsDannyPaddox

Another Conor - Conor Coady must be a big inspiration for young defenders. After only 1 appearance for Liverpool he stepped down to the Championship to develop his talent. Hundreds of games and five years later he is a full international as well as a regular for top Portuguese side Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Viva Conor Masterson! Hoping to see a similar progression with the Rs.
Masterson on 09:43 - Sep 9 with 2525 viewsgazza1

Good business, got a chance if he continues to develop.
Masterson on 11:57 - Sep 9 with 2458 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Masterson on 04:44 - Sep 9 by timcocking

Well done Conor, best of British...

Nice try, Tim!

Masterson on 18:46 - Sep 9 with 2325 viewsBoston

Masterson on 15:14 - Sep 8 by davman

... and in our formation, "exposed" doesn't even come close to describing the reality. It's like fighting in WW1 without the trenches...

....but still trench foot.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Masterson on 16:02 - Sep 14 with 2103 viewsNorthernr

And Ball has now indeed followed shortly, extended to 2022

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/dom-ball-signs-contract-until-2022/
Masterson on 16:25 - Sep 14 with 1961 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Masterson on 16:02 - Sep 14 by Northernr

And Ball has now indeed followed shortly, extended to 2022

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/dom-ball-signs-contract-until-2022/

Excellent. I really like Ball. Thought he was unlucky not to start last Saturday.

Masterson on 17:40 - Sep 14 with 1727 viewssimmo

Masterson on 16:25 - Sep 14 by BrianMcCarthy

Excellent. I really like Ball. Thought he was unlucky not to start last Saturday.

One of those signings that come in with almost negative equity as nobody rates them, but does well enough to not only exceed low expectations but show he's worth a 1st team place. A great example of a young player (I think people forget he's only just turned 25 as he doesn't look or act like a youngster), that is well aware of his skill set and works his balls off to maximise his opportunity for a good career.

Also think he's got something about him technically and has improved loads since he joined us - his touch and shot against Forest a good example - but willing piano movers are underrated, especially those happy to do it. Well earned!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024