Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nine Breakaway Clubs Fined 23:25 - May 7 with 1953 viewsQPRSteve

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57031372

They must be quaking in the boots after that fine. Laughable,
Nine Breakaway Clubs Fined on 23:46 - May 7 with 1895 viewstoboboly

Exactly. After all the rhetoric, all the hand wringing, all the condemnation, just over a million each. Such bad, bad boys

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Nine Breakaway Clubs Fined on 00:04 - May 8 with 1866 viewsBrianMcCarthy

And sneaked through on a Friday Night.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Nine Breakaway Clubs Fined on 00:52 - May 8 with 1821 viewsdavman

The authorities are running scared of the lot of them. Pathetic, but no more than we have come to expect.

A Ban from Europe by UEFA for one season would have done it. Maybe UEFA will grow a pair and do it. What's that? Their competition will be devalued without these scallywags as everyone wants to see the Chels, Pep, Barca, Juve and Real and won't bother to look at any other games? Bollox. They are running scared and it is absolutely pathetic.

Blimey, we missed out on Europe for one year I think because of Heysel and that wasn't even our fault; this lot have blatantly disrespected the UEFA competitions and get nothing. How does this compare to the fines for fielding a weakened team?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Nine Breakaway Clubs Fined on 09:03 - May 8 with 1639 viewsDorse

They were sent a strongly worded letter that read: 'Now stop it, or we shall be forced to say stop it again'.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Nine Breakaway Clubs Fined on 09:07 - May 8 with 1618 viewsdmm

Don't worry. Johnson has said Brexit means the Govt can deal with the ESL. Phew, thank goodness for that.
Nine Breakaway Clubs Fined on 09:12 - May 8 with 1587 viewsStanFan

And where's United's punishment for the postponing the Liverpool match? All I've heard is their sob story about playing 4 matches in 8 days. That's your own fault people.
Nine Breakaway Clubs Fined on 09:21 - May 8 with 1565 viewsQPRSteve

I know it's different bodies dishing out the fines but I can't help but compare it to what we were given by the EFL. It really rankles.
Nine Breakaway Clubs Fined on 09:32 - May 8 with 1536 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Unsurprising but sickening.

Headline on The Athletic: Abramovich’s spectacular £220m summer recruitment drive has paid off for Chelsea.

I really wish they had all f*cked off to play each other in a circle of Hell for ever.
[Post edited 8 May 2021 9:32]
Login to get fewer ads

Nine Breakaway Clubs Fined on 09:45 - May 8 with 1499 viewsdavman

Nine Breakaway Clubs Fined on 09:03 - May 8 by Dorse

They were sent a strongly worded letter that read: 'Now stop it, or we shall be forced to say stop it again'.

Exactly this. Exactly the same when the FA's spineless refs talk to players about timewasting. There was a game last season that the ref, talked to the opposition goalkeeper in around the 52nd minute, then again in the 55th minute and the 60th. Nothing changed, the 'keeper didn't get booked, the ref. got bored of telling him off and life went on.

Parenting Rule #1 - if you are going to set a rule book, punish breaches swiftly (no chance of that) and consistently (no chance of that). In short, do what you say that you are going to do.

The football authorities just can't do this and the irony is always that on the odd occasion they do administer severe punishments (eg: Luton, Dover, Notts Co, Wigan v Sheff Wed, QPR), it is always the smaller clubs, never the big ones where fines mean f-all and any sort of transfer window or FFP punishment end up being dismissed or watered down.

They are USELESS.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Nine Breakaway Clubs Fined on 10:00 - May 8 with 1471 viewsloftus77

Sorry to swear (Clive) but f**k off!!!

What an absolute joke - as said above, no surprise whatsoever.

I bet they are all devastated by this towering, lacerating, mighty punishment inflicted on them. If will immediately bring to an end their practices of global merchandising, gobbling up TV rights and establishing boutiques/cheese bars and ensure they fully respect the history, structure and community aspects of the game at all levels. Undoubtedly.
[Post edited 8 May 2021 10:01]
Nine Breakaway Clubs Fined on 10:19 - May 8 with 1434 viewsAshdown_Ranger

9 of the world's richest clubs get a £1.4m fine each for almost destroying the game as we know it. Oh, and they get reinstated to the lobbying group, the European Club Association as if nothing had happened.

A small Championship club gets clobbered £20m + for spending a bit too much money.

Pure croneyism by a cabal driven by pure greed and self-interest.

Hmmm, any Tory ministers involved??
Nine Breakaway Clubs Fined on 10:22 - May 8 with 1421 viewsMyke

Only thing is, if the fines are actually utilised at grass roots level ( and I am probably being naive here, but you got to believe in something) then there could be significant benefits for young kids in the future
Nine Breakaway Clubs Fined on 10:23 - May 8 with 1422 viewsstowmarketrange

So the snakes have the last laugh after all.That punishment is no deterrent at all.They probably make more than that in shirt sales in 1 day.
Nine Breakaway Clubs Fined on 13:30 - May 8 with 1294 viewsTGRRRSSS

COmpared to the fine we got for FFP it's one hell of a joke.

Not even gone for Real Barcelona or Juventus..... yet...

Thus far most of the fines won't even cover a months wages for more than about 1 of their top players.

I imagine United pay more in a couple of months for Pogba, De Gea and Fernandes than the total fine they are getting here for example.

I imagine sponsors play a part in terms of bans, assume a ban like the 5 year one the whole of England got in 85 through to 90 simply won't wash these days no matter what, and yes I am aware of how it came about, but one wonders...
Nine Breakaway Clubs Fined on 13:41 - May 8 with 1277 viewsJuzzie

Nine Breakaway Clubs Fined on 15:53 - May 8 with 1180 viewsthemodfather

just a few barrels of oil for most of the owners!!!!!!!
fair play my bloomin ar-se
Nine Breakaway Clubs Fined on 16:08 - May 8 with 1139 viewsRangersDave

Hans Brix, writes a letter.....

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Nine Breakaway Clubs Fined on 16:19 - May 8 with 1106 viewsManinBlack

Sad as it makes me to say it but I don't think it comes as any surprise. The blame has been placed on the owners rather than the clubs.

We saw this little slap coming the moment they said no points would be deducted or axing them from competitions because it would not be fair on the managers, players and fans who played no part in the proposals.

They have decided on this gesture to ensure the clubs will stick with the current set up as these clubs still hold all the aces.
Nine Breakaway Clubs Fined on 17:44 - May 8 with 1017 viewshantssi

They’re not going to let it go are they?
As said above I just wish they’d just go and leave the rest of us to it, it’s a pure money grabbing exercise!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57036397
Nine Breakaway Clubs Fined on 17:55 - May 8 with 998 viewsMick_S

Nine Breakaway Clubs Fined on 17:44 - May 8 by hantssi

They’re not going to let it go are they?
As said above I just wish they’d just go and leave the rest of us to it, it’s a pure money grabbing exercise!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57036397

Keeps it simmering nicely.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Nine Breakaway Clubs Fined on 18:49 - May 8 with 925 viewsKerryE

Nine Breakaway Clubs Fined on 17:55 - May 8 by Mick_S

Keeps it simmering nicely.

How would you like us to pay... cash or cheque

Apologies for Quadrophenia reference
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024