Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Danny Maddix 10:43 - Feb 22 with 4913 viewsNorthernr

Danny has kindly agreed to be our next Patreon interview, will be meeting him on Thursday so if you've got anything that you want on the list let me know...
Danny Maddix on 10:46 - Feb 22 with 3721 viewstoboboly

His view/story of that goal v Barnsley

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Danny Maddix on 11:51 - Feb 22 with 3611 viewspaulhoop2

This will be a good one one of my all time fav players ever!

Are you considering Lee Camp at all ?

One question I would like you to consider is his views on that dreadful 00 / 01 team and it’s attitude etc ?

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Danny Maddix on 12:21 - Feb 22 with 3546 viewsPhildo

What does he think has happened to the disappearing art of man marking in modern football
Danny Maddix on 12:55 - Feb 22 with 3467 viewsSnipper

1. Does he think he was unfairly treated by Tottenham when getting a free transfer?

2. He was a very consistent player for Rangers, and one of the best man markers about, does he think that he didn’t get enough recognition from the upper echelons of the game?

The one thing I’ve never understood about the England set up for example, very rarely did players from lesser teams get good chances to progress with England as they played for so called lesser teams. But playing for a lesser team meant you came up against so called better players more often.
Man Utd players didn’t have to come up against players like Beckham, Giggs, Keane, Scholes etc…….It was the same for other big clubs and their players.

Players like Danny Maddix had to play against these players without respite. Players from lesser teams who proved they were good players got a very raw deal indeed.
Danny Maddix on 12:59 - Feb 22 with 3458 viewsNorthernr

Danny Maddix on 11:51 - Feb 22 by paulhoop2

This will be a good one one of my all time fav players ever!

Are you considering Lee Camp at all ?

One question I would like you to consider is his views on that dreadful 00 / 01 team and it’s attitude etc ?

I keep trying for Campy through his dad but no luck yet.
Danny Maddix on 13:10 - Feb 22 with 3425 viewsSuffolkHoop

Could you ask him if Harper gave him a shout in the seconds before Matt Holland gave Ipswich a 3rd minute lead?
Danny Maddix on 13:14 - Feb 22 with 3407 viewsslmrstid

How much does he remember of Ademola Bankole completely missing the ball and punching him in the head instead?

(Also, did Danny play for Jamaica? I can't remember)
[Post edited 22 Feb 2022 13:14]
Danny Maddix on 13:16 - Feb 22 with 3372 viewsTheChef

Danny Maddix on 13:14 - Feb 22 by slmrstid

How much does he remember of Ademola Bankole completely missing the ball and punching him in the head instead?

(Also, did Danny play for Jamaica? I can't remember)
[Post edited 22 Feb 2022 13:14]

1 game for Jamaica apparently.

14 years he was at Rangers! You'd get less for murder, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Maddix

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

Danny Maddix on 13:16 - Feb 22 with 3373 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Does he now regret his brief flirtation with his 5-a-side moustache?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Danny Maddix on 13:57 - Feb 22 with 3274 viewsSuperhoop83

Just how good was Gus Caesar?

Suffering since 1978.

Danny Maddix on 14:12 - Feb 22 with 3211 viewsDannytheR

How hard was it adjusting on and off the field to QPR without Alan McDonald?

Did the 95/96 team know it was going down? Did the 96/97 team assume it was coming straight back up?

Karl Ready. Discuss.

(And as others have said, would love to know his thoughts about man marking, as there were precious few better than him at it.)
Danny Maddix on 14:21 - Feb 22 with 3185 viewsbosh67

I'm trying to remember but someone, a latter day footballer once joked that Danny was so good at man marking that when he got up to go to the toilet the night after the game, Danny was still there. I can't for the life of me remember who's quote it is though?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Danny Maddix on 14:28 - Feb 22 with 3161 viewsW7Ranger

Will he take Mark Hughes out of his pocket during the interview?
Danny Maddix on 15:43 - Feb 22 with 3054 viewsloftboy

How did he feel after one of his first games which was against Liverpool in which he received rave reviews for how he man marked Ian Rush out of the game.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Danny Maddix on 15:51 - Feb 22 with 3012 viewsGRDHoops

Who was his favourite centre back he played alongside at QPR with?

I have a question for Gary Lineker too - I'm assuming he is still in Danny's back pocket?
Danny Maddix on 18:14 - Feb 22 with 2851 viewspaulparker

Great player was Danny a proper classy centre back
Loved the mark stein goal where he took out 3 players in a tackle
Would love to know his take on rioch & Houston and how he felt about his career coming to an end just around the time Holloway took over
I think he was rushed back for an away game at Fulham in one of Holloway’s first game and then got injured again

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Danny Maddix on 19:04 - Feb 22 with 2772 viewsqpr_1968

did he rate steve yates?

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Danny Maddix on 20:12 - Feb 22 with 2699 viewsSK_hoops

Legend. He presented a table football to me at half time at a match when I was a kid as I won the QPR table football competition.
Danny Maddix on 20:29 - Feb 22 with 2669 viewsMiss_Terraces

How is he doing physically? He really put his body on the line for us and I really hope it's not effected his health

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Danny Maddix on 20:41 - Feb 22 with 2647 viewsNorthernr

Danny Maddix on 20:29 - Feb 22 by Miss_Terraces

How is he doing physically? He really put his body on the line for us and I really hope it's not effected his health

Well I can only go by his whatsapp picture for now but he looks fcking great - exactly the same as when he played
Danny Maddix on 21:06 - Feb 22 with 2593 viewsMiss_Terraces

Danny Maddix on 20:41 - Feb 22 by Northernr

Well I can only go by his whatsapp picture for now but he looks fcking great - exactly the same as when he played

Fantastic news, I'm at sure you'll have a great time interviewing him. Hopefully his knees and legs are just as good.
Please could you ask about the QPR v Newcastle game where he marked Sir Les and did a great job overall, even though Sir Les did score

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Danny Maddix on 22:00 - Feb 22 with 2512 viewsdavman

Danny Maddix on 20:41 - Feb 22 by Northernr

That what happens when you go bald young...

His best 5-a-side team from his time at Rangers?
His toughest opponent?
The most underrated player at QPR during his time with us?
Was there ANY chatter amongst the players about just being one or two short of making a real push for the title. Us fans all think that to be true; did the players share that view?
Was there any debate or discussion with the Chairman or the Board when Les was sold?
Just how bloody good was Ray Wilkins?
Is he still in touch with teammates from that time.

..and thanks - one of my fave players in the best era to support QPR. Nearly 350 games for Rangers through the good and the bad.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Danny Maddix on 22:29 - Feb 22 with 2470 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Some great questions here!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Danny Maddix on 23:32 - Feb 22 with 2396 viewsdaveB

Would be interesting to know what happened when he left the club in 2001, seemed to be dropped by Holloway and seemed to leave without any fanfare which i always thought was a real shame

Not really questions but other memories of him was how big a player he was in the 1998/99 season and how him passing a fitness test the day of the palace game really lifted everyone, i can remember massive cheers when it was announced he was playing

In the prem days does he think he was at times under used by managers, also a game that always stands out for me is 1988 against West Ham, he scored and then won a great tackle on the halfway line to set up the winning goal for Mark Stein, that was the first time I noticed what a good player he was

Whenever we faced a top striker he was always put on man to man marking duties and he was superb at it, was that something that came naturally to him or did he have to work at it.

A real great player for us
Danny Maddix on 01:09 - Feb 23 with 2341 viewsAntti_Heinola

Gets in my all-time favourite QPR XI:

1. What exactly did Eileen Drewery do for him? I was always so sceptical of her, but it seemed his career was over til she stepped in.

2. The Palace 6-0. He was a real injury doubt before the game, but had been a clear POTY and a great captain. I remember him jogging with the physio beforehand, almost as if they still weren't sure. How close was he to missing it and what are his memories of that game?

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024