Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
1st Press Conference on the offy! 14:37 - Jun 20 with 8741 viewsPinnerPaul

I HATE criticising the club, all the staff I have dealt with have been unfailingly polite and helpful.

BUT oh dear, come on press department - a video you can barely hear that starts with 12 minutes of two empty chairs and cuts off in mid answer is just not good enough.
1st Press Conference on the offy! on 14:39 - Jun 20 with 5140 viewsdaveB

It was a live stream wasn't it which was why they started early, sure it will be edited into a shorter video soon. Sound worked fine for me.
1st Press Conference on the offy! on 14:42 - Jun 20 with 5104 viewsPinnerPaul

1st Press Conference on the offy! on 14:39 - Jun 20 by daveB

It was a live stream wasn't it which was why they started early, sure it will be edited into a shorter video soon. Sound worked fine for me.

That IS the edited version - its billed as another chance to see!

Did the live version cut Michael off in mid answer as well then?!

Come on Dave, I''m one of the few loathe to criticise the club, but just plonking a random 14 mins of a press conference on the offy without actually looking at it, is just not good enough for a 2nd tier club.
1st Press Conference on the offy! on 14:48 - Jun 20 with 5026 viewsMaggsinho

1st Press Conference on the offy! on 14:42 - Jun 20 by PinnerPaul

Come on Dave, I''m one of the few loathe to criticise the club, but just plonking a random 14 mins of a press conference on the offy without actually looking at it, is just not good enough for a 2nd tier club.

They used to have a broadcast section and then a section only for print journalists, I assume that's what happened at the end when it cut out.

Agreed on the volume of the journalists, if they could find a way to mike up the room so you can hear the questions it would be an improvement.
1st Press Conference on the offy! on 14:50 - Jun 20 with 5001 viewsdmm

1st Press Conference on the offy! on 14:48 - Jun 20 by Maggsinho

They used to have a broadcast section and then a section only for print journalists, I assume that's what happened at the end when it cut out.

Agreed on the volume of the journalists, if they could find a way to mike up the room so you can hear the questions it would be an improvement.

That is what happened and you can hear Paul Morrissey say that just before it finishes.
1st Press Conference on the offy! on 14:51 - Jun 20 with 5004 viewssupahoopsa

Just watching it now, what a car crash!

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

1st Press Conference on the offy! on 15:01 - Jun 20 with 4919 viewsdaveB

it's not the edited version it's the same as the stream that was on earlier. It cut off at the same place in the live version
1st Press Conference on the offy! on 15:02 - Jun 20 with 4896 viewsPerthRs

Same here Pinner nothing for the first 12mins then the sound was crap, we had the sound issue with the press questions last season as well, come on Rs sort this out before the season starts
1st Press Conference on the offy! on 15:12 - Jun 20 with 4817 viewsessextaxiboy

1st Press Conference on the offy! on 15:02 - Jun 20 by PerthRs

Same here Pinner nothing for the first 12mins then the sound was crap, we had the sound issue with the press questions last season as well, come on Rs sort this out before the season starts

Maybe it was at the new place and the broadcast stuff isn’t finished
Login to get fewer ads

1st Press Conference on the offy! on 15:21 - Jun 20 with 4765 viewssupahoopsa

1st Press Conference on the offy! on 15:12 - Jun 20 by essextaxiboy

Maybe it was at the new place and the broadcast stuff isn’t finished

Perfectly fair enough, but don't stick it on the website and YouTube in such a poor state

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

1st Press Conference on the offy! on 15:34 - Jun 20 with 4665 viewsPinnerPaul

1st Press Conference on the offy! on 15:01 - Jun 20 by daveB

it's not the edited version it's the same as the stream that was on earlier. It cut off at the same place in the live version

Ok, fair enough on that point, but come on, as you know, it would take very little 'resource' to lose the 12 minutes of 2 empty chairs!
1st Press Conference on the offy! on 15:47 - Jun 20 with 4532 viewsA40Bosh

1st Press Conference on the offy! on 15:34 - Jun 20 by PinnerPaul

Ok, fair enough on that point, but come on, as you know, it would take very little 'resource' to lose the 12 minutes of 2 empty chairs!

I see what people are complaining about now.
I got a notification at 13:15 that the press conference was starting so logged in to YouTube and just left it running until 13:30 when the guys came in to the room - don't have a problem with that as I knew it was a 13:30 advertised kick off and they obviously wanted to test the stream was working and stable.

But to then put a "watch again" on the website this afternoon and leave in the 12 mins of looking two empty chairs is just pure bloody lazy.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

1st Press Conference on the offy! on 15:48 - Jun 20 with 4515 viewsdaveB

I'm sure it wouldn't but would probably take a while to get on the website. Could hear Beale and Ferdinand fine, thought they both spoke quite well.
1st Press Conference on the offy! on 15:54 - Jun 20 with 4460 viewsstevec

These must be the two blokes who turn up late at SAR every game, stare down the aisle at the two remaining seats and pontificate whether it’s their seats or not.

Wish I could edit them out.
1st Press Conference on the offy! on 16:36 - Jun 20 with 4291 viewsBklynRanger

Yeah they could've chopped off that dead 13 minutes but the content itself is encouraging, especially 20:55 when asked about picking up loans from Villa and etc:

"QPR's not going to be a holding ground for other players from other clubs to develop".

Love that. Right idea expressed with the right level of determination.
1st Press Conference on the offy! on 16:48 - Jun 20 with 4196 viewsDannyPaddox

“Champions League in five years.”

Can’t fault the ambition.
1st Press Conference on the offy! on 18:06 - Jun 20 with 3854 viewsbosh67

Massive missed opportunity.

Make the first 13 minutes into an Andy Warhol film art installation, sell it for $50m and Bob's your uncle, transfer kitty for a decent new striker!

Always wonder why the club stopped consulting with me?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

1st Press Conference on the offy! on 21:53 - Jun 20 with 3429 viewsdaveB

It's also on here without the chairs

1st Press Conference on the offy! on 22:13 - Jun 20 with 3348 viewssimmo

1st Press Conference on the offy! on 21:53 - Jun 20 by daveB

12mins... Will we get to see the rest?

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

1st Press Conference on the offy! on 22:21 - Jun 20 with 3304 viewssimmo

Also this part is pretty damning IMO. I'm paraphrasing but essentially Les says we did things differently this time and we used data and analytics as part of the selection process, whereas in the past we'd just work from a list of candidates that came to us...

What the fck! That's an absolutely atrocious way to go about recruiting, essentially admitting there was no proactive selection or utilising metrics available to them - which is the norm for most clubs for years. Said so flippantly too...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

1st Press Conference on the offy! on 22:31 - Jun 20 with 3253 viewsDorse

1st Press Conference on the offy! on 22:21 - Jun 20 by simmo

Also this part is pretty damning IMO. I'm paraphrasing but essentially Les says we did things differently this time and we used data and analytics as part of the selection process, whereas in the past we'd just work from a list of candidates that came to us...

What the fck! That's an absolutely atrocious way to go about recruiting, essentially admitting there was no proactive selection or utilising metrics available to them - which is the norm for most clubs for years. Said so flippantly too...

'We used to sacrifice a ram and beseech the haruspex to examine the liver for signs. Then we shifted to reading the stains on Redknapp's brown and yellow Paisly-pattern y-fronts, which is how we got Chris Samba. But, you know, it's all data these days..."

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

1st Press Conference on the offy! on 22:40 - Jun 20 with 3224 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

He certainly could have chosen his words better there...

Poll: Expectations for this season?

1st Press Conference on the offy! on 22:45 - Jun 20 with 3209 viewsdaveB

Not sure he meant that just that they used data as the main focus this time. Time will tell if that was the right thing to do or not.
1st Press Conference on the offy! on 22:46 - Jun 20 with 3203 viewsdaveB

1st Press Conference on the offy! on 22:13 - Jun 20 by simmo

12mins... Will we get to see the rest?

That was the whole thing, the rest was the non broadcast press conference which I imagine will be what you read in various articles over the next few days/weeks
1st Press Conference on the offy! on 02:53 - Jun 21 with 2960 viewsbarbicanranger

While Les isn't great with words (I was grimacing at the "got rid of" comment), I do like the way Beale talks. Looking forward to seeing how this develops and how he talks post match. Will be refreshing after the Warbs era of post-match interviews, which I found to be like groundhog day.
1st Press Conference on the offy! on 07:08 - Jun 21 with 2756 viewsPunteR

1st Press Conference on the offy! on 21:53 - Jun 20 by daveB

Has Chair gone?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024