Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jamal Lowe 19:34 - Apr 29 with 8376 viewsdmm

Just spotted his Bournemouth contract finishes in the summer. I'm not sure he'd want to stay with us but if he did and we could afford him, would you want him at QPR on a perm? I would.
Jamal Lowe on 19:39 - Apr 29 with 4617 viewsWatford_Ranger

Not really, no. Overall he’s been crap. Scrap as many of them as we can.
Jamal Lowe on 19:42 - Apr 29 with 4563 viewsbaz_qpr

given the cost of strikers could do a lot a worse, I thought he had a decent game today
Jamal Lowe on 19:48 - Apr 29 with 4513 viewsE15Hoop

Jamal Lowe on 19:39 - Apr 29 by Watford_Ranger

Not really, no. Overall he’s been crap. Scrap as many of them as we can.

Don't agree. He's given us plenty of hold up and lay options which we have really needed over these last few games in particular, and provided a very valuable assist last week for that all-important second goal.
In fact, I would say he played paticularly well second half last week against the divisional champions, and when you read his back story you realise how thankful he is for his chance to be playing at a high level and how determined he is to maximse his opportunities in the professional game.
I would take him all day long, because that's a player you know you can rely upon to give you quality and commitment every time he pulls the shirt on.
God there are some miserable over-entitled f*ckers on this site!
Are you expecting Erling Haaland to rock up at LR next season??
Jamal Lowe on 19:54 - Apr 29 with 4440 viewsWatford_Ranger

Jamal Lowe on 19:48 - Apr 29 by E15Hoop

Don't agree. He's given us plenty of hold up and lay options which we have really needed over these last few games in particular, and provided a very valuable assist last week for that all-important second goal.
In fact, I would say he played paticularly well second half last week against the divisional champions, and when you read his back story you realise how thankful he is for his chance to be playing at a high level and how determined he is to maximse his opportunities in the professional game.
I would take him all day long, because that's a player you know you can rely upon to give you quality and commitment every time he pulls the shirt on.
God there are some miserable over-entitled f*ckers on this site!
Are you expecting Erling Haaland to rock up at LR next season??

His scoring record at this level is pretty poor and he’ll be 29 in July. Probably commands high wages. I’d like to think our elite scouting team can do better.
Jamal Lowe on 19:59 - Apr 29 with 4374 viewsE15Hoop

Jamal Lowe on 19:54 - Apr 29 by Watford_Ranger

His scoring record at this level is pretty poor and he’ll be 29 in July. Probably commands high wages. I’d like to think our elite scouting team can do better.

Hmmmm - really ??
I'm optimistic about next season, but I think you might be pushing the bounds of reality a little too far if you think we're going to be doing better than Jamal Lowe in the acquisition department.
I suggest you go back and look over the last few games again and see how much he's contributed to the goals we have scored.
Would you want to keep Lyndon Dykes purely on HIS scoring record? I suspect you would also say "No", but, same thing, you know what he contributes to the team as a whole.
Jamal Lowe on 20:02 - Apr 29 with 4355 viewsCateLeBonR

The fact he's being picked by Ainsworth every week says a lot.

I don't think we should forget how much of an absolute disaster we were when he arrived. Shame he wasn't here earlier on instead of Bonne.

He's not the Messiah etc...
Jamal Lowe on 20:04 - Apr 29 with 4316 viewsWatford_Ranger

Jamal Lowe on 19:59 - Apr 29 by E15Hoop

Hmmmm - really ??
I'm optimistic about next season, but I think you might be pushing the bounds of reality a little too far if you think we're going to be doing better than Jamal Lowe in the acquisition department.
I suggest you go back and look over the last few games again and see how much he's contributed to the goals we have scored.
Would you want to keep Lyndon Dykes purely on HIS scoring record? I suspect you would also say "No", but, same thing, you know what he contributes to the team as a whole.

I don’t think I’d miss him either but he’s ours and I’m guessing a more Ainsworth type of player. Probably MOTM today in a pretty shallow pool of competitors.

I’m not saying Lowe is a terrible player but I’ve seen most of his games for us in an admittedly dreadful team and I’ve not seen a lot from him. At Burnley I hear he was quite good but I’m honestly struggling to remember him doing much of note since he changed the game at Reading.
Jamal Lowe on 20:07 - Apr 29 with 4284 viewsLazyFan

If true, I would take him. Quality player and is quite skilful, also the most crucial bit for us, rarely injured as he brags about. Hopefully, we can get him cheap as indeed his record is not the greatest.

zzzzzzzzzz

Login to get fewer ads

Jamal Lowe on 20:09 - Apr 29 with 4250 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Can't see how we'd afford him. Even if we could we'd surely be pushing the boat out on an ageing striker with no resale value. I don't see how we can afford that luxury.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Jamal Lowe on 20:10 - Apr 29 with 4233 viewsChrisNW6

I thought his current 3yr deal ends summer 2024.

He's a good enough player at this level and I would be happy if he was here next season.
Jamal Lowe on 20:11 - Apr 29 with 4227 viewsaston_hoop

I imagine his wages would be at the higher end of where we'd be looking if not beyond it. Plus would he even fancy it? Bit of a thankless task at times playing up front for a team defending deep and having 20% possession.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Jamal Lowe on 20:11 - Apr 29 with 4226 viewsE15Hoop

Jamal Lowe on 20:04 - Apr 29 by Watford_Ranger

I don’t think I’d miss him either but he’s ours and I’m guessing a more Ainsworth type of player. Probably MOTM today in a pretty shallow pool of competitors.

I’m not saying Lowe is a terrible player but I’ve seen most of his games for us in an admittedly dreadful team and I’ve not seen a lot from him. At Burnley I hear he was quite good but I’m honestly struggling to remember him doing much of note since he changed the game at Reading.

But you could say the same about virtually EVERYONE in the team, bar Sam Field, this season, which is how we've ended up where we've ended up.
Don't forget that Lowe has been in and out of the ide (mostly out) until these last few games, so I would sya its unfair to judge him on anything before GA came in.
Its only been GA who has used him consistently and integrated him properly into the system.
Jamal Lowe on 20:20 - Apr 29 with 4157 viewsRuislipHoop

Jamal Lowe on 19:54 - Apr 29 by Watford_Ranger

Elite scouting group 🤣
Jamal Lowe on 20:20 - Apr 29 with 4151 viewsjoe90

IMO clearly a very good player but we won’t get the best out of him.

But if we could afford him and he wanted to stay then why not?
Jamal Lowe on 20:20 - Apr 29 with 4149 viewsngbqpr

Jamal Lowe on 20:04 - Apr 29 by Watford_Ranger

Today wasn't pretty, but I thought every single player worked damn hard. Our first clean sheet in aeons, and with 20% possession still managed more shots on target than both Stoke, and our own feeble 1 or 2 per game of late.

I thought the goal showed just a glimpse of what I hope GA is looking to do next season - quick break, then some intelligent and incisive play around their box, which Lowe was central to.

Doubt we can afford him, won't lose any sleep if he moves on - but as said above, we could do a lot worse at this level.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Jamal Lowe on 20:38 - Apr 29 with 4004 viewsbosh67

He's a good player but as others have said his age and his wages will be against us.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Jamal Lowe on 20:45 - Apr 29 with 3953 viewsted_hendrix

Thought he's been playing better game by game recently, he'll be a good addition next season even at the age of 29, nothing wrong with 29 year old players either.
Not quite sure how people know what salary he's on at the moment, If we can afford him now why can't we afford him next season?

I might be missing something in which case, I'm missing something.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Jamal Lowe on 20:47 - Apr 29 with 3920 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Jamal Lowe on 20:45 - Apr 29 by ted_hendrix

Thought he's been playing better game by game recently, he'll be a good addition next season even at the age of 29, nothing wrong with 29 year old players either.
Not quite sure how people know what salary he's on at the moment, If we can afford him now why can't we afford him next season?

I might be missing something in which case, I'm missing something.

Just to be clear, Edward, I'm just guessing on his salary being out of our range. I don't have any IDK info or anything.

Jamal Lowe on 20:53 - Apr 29 with 3857 viewsted_hendrix

Jamal Lowe on 20:47 - Apr 29 by BrianMcCarthy

Just to be clear, Edward, I'm just guessing on his salary being out of our range. I don't have any IDK info or anything.

No problem Brian, I always wonder when people mention players salaries how do they know what salaries they're on, anyway I'll shut up now.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Jamal Lowe on 20:56 - Apr 29 with 3826 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Jamal Lowe on 20:53 - Apr 29 by ted_hendrix

No problem Brian, I always wonder when people mention players salaries how do they know what salaries they're on, anyway I'll shut up now.

Jamal Lowe on 21:05 - Apr 29 with 3778 viewsE15Hoop

Jamal Lowe on 20:56 - Apr 29 by BrianMcCarthy

TBF, you gents are probably right, as typically Prem league clubs will pay a percentage of the wages as part of the loan agreement.
Like you, I have no inside knowledge if that's true for Lowe, and it probabaly depends on whether Bournemouth intend to keep him in their squad going forwards.
Jamal Lowe on 21:05 - Apr 29 with 3771 viewspaulparker

No thanks

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Jamal Lowe on 21:08 - Apr 29 with 3752 viewsE15Hoop

Jamal Lowe on 21:05 - Apr 29 by paulparker

No thanks

Why not, PP. Do you disagree with what we've been saying, and who would you bring in instead?
Jamal Lowe on 21:12 - Apr 29 with 3727 viewsDorse

I quite like him but I would have thought his salary would be a fair way out of reach for us. Surely, he's going to be looking for top money and, probably, a contract that will keep him going into his 30s - not a criticism, we all would in his position.

I just don't think that we could give him what he would need in our current state. Much like the Hugill / Wells situation(s), age and cash are against us, even if both parties might want it to work.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Jamal Lowe on 21:17 - Apr 29 with 3687 viewsHAYESBOY

If affordable then yes. Doubt you would find a better free transfer in this division id was can afford it. Also 29 is not a problem.

Smells like a trout farm in here

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024