Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Weakened beer…. 14:54 - Jun 19 with 13527 viewscolinallcars

Much talk in the papers today about brewers lowering the gravity of their beers to save on excise duty and defray their costs.
Beers mentioned included Fosters, John Smith and Marstons.
No sweat for me as these beers don't find their way down my neck.
Worth observing though - I'm paying £6 plus for a pint of ale.
Weakened beer…. on 15:08 - Jun 19 with 6477 viewsBoston

Hate people who defy gravity.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Weakened beer…. on 15:08 - Jun 19 with 6492 viewsNorthernr

Fck me if they water Fosters down any more what's going to be left? It's already a driving lager, at best. I reckon I pis at about 4.5% so every pint of that stuff sobers me up.

Weakened beer…. on 15:18 - Jun 19 with 6415 viewscolinallcars

Weakened beer…. on 15:22 - Jun 19 with 6396 viewsHayesender

I saw a few week's ago that Carling is the best selling beer in the UK.

I think the nation has lost its taste buds. That stuff is rank

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Weakened beer…. on 15:26 - Jun 19 with 6388 viewsHamptonR

Weakened beer…. on 15:22 - Jun 19 by Hayesender

That is a bizarre statistic, I do not know anyone who drinks Carling.

Someone must be downing it.
Weakened beer…. on 15:30 - Jun 19 with 6368 viewsNorthernr

Weakened beer…. on 15:26 - Jun 19 by HamptonR

Think it's a northern thing. I still walk into pubs round my mum's where the pump options are still carling, Stella, a bitter, a cider and guinness with Becks in bottles in the fridge.

Saw some Holsten bottles fairly recently too, my God how long have those been kicking around the cellar?
Weakened beer…. on 15:42 - Jun 19 with 6319 viewsSuperhoop83

Weakened beer…. on 15:30 - Jun 19 by Northernr

Think it's a northern thing. I still walk into pubs round my mum's where the pump options are still carling, Stella, a bitter, a cider and guinness with Becks in bottles in the fridge.

Saw some Holsten bottles fairly recently too, my God how long have those been kicking around the cellar?

I thought we were scraping the barrel with Fosters and Carling and then you go and mention Becks in bottles!

The regular piss artistes at our local pub in Surrey drink nothing but Carling and Fosters until they go on to the brandy.

Suffering since 1978.

Weakened beer…. on 15:47 - Jun 19 with 6302 viewskensalriser

Come on, shit beer has been around for decades. The 70s were especially egregious. Of course I couldn't legally drink then so I have to take that on faith.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Weakened beer…. on 15:50 - Jun 19 with 6289 viewsdmm

I simply can't drink shyte lager. I'd honestly rather have a glass of water. Some years back while visiting Amsterdam I was given a can of Heineken while on a canal trip. Made me feel sick.

Shyte lager shouldn't be called beer.
Weakened beer…. on 16:01 - Jun 19 with 6265 viewsDavieQPR

Weakened beer…. on 15:47 - Jun 19 by kensalriser

Come on, shit beer has been around for decades. The 70s were especially egregious. Of course I couldn't legally drink then so I have to take that on faith.

Bring back the Party 7s and Pipkin.
Weakened beer…. on 16:17 - Jun 19 with 6227 viewsQPRSteve

Weakened beer…. on 15:42 - Jun 19 by Superhoop83

I thought we were scraping the barrel with Fosters and Carling and then you go and mention Becks in bottles!

The regular piss artistes at our local pub in Surrey drink nothing but Carling and Fosters until they go on to the brandy.

Used to pop into a Tapas Bar in Notting Hill after the pub closed to continue drinking. Bottled Becks was what was on offer. Every time I would end up with a massive hangover. One day I happened to look at the label and discovered that the bottles were more than two years past their sell by date!
Weakened beer…. on 16:28 - Jun 19 with 6181 viewsDannyPaddox

Had a beer in the pub by Olympia the other day. Tiny Rebel something or the other. A 5.5% IPA with a hint of citrus … Craft Fanta I call them. A nice beer after a long walk in the sun. £7.95 !!! There has to be a limit to what the pubs can charge. Ironically some of the cheapest decent beer’s now are in the the Craft beer pubs and breweries that introduced the pricey beers. They seem to be trying to sell the £5 pints to bring the punters back in whereas the conventional pubs are taking the piss.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2023 16:33]
Weakened beer…. on 16:36 - Jun 19 with 6134 viewsSK_hoops

Weakened beer…. on 15:26 - Jun 19 by HamptonR

I've been to Birmingham and Nottingham recently. Everyone's drinking the stuff. It's in practically every pub.
Weakened beer…. on 16:37 - Jun 19 with 6113 viewscolinallcars

Weakened beer…. on 16:28 - Jun 19 by DannyPaddox

Had a beer in the pub by Olympia the other day. Tiny Rebel something or the other. A 5.5% IPA with a hint of citrus … Craft Fanta I call them. A nice beer after a long walk in the sun. £7.95 !!! There has to be a limit to what the pubs can charge. Ironically some of the cheapest decent beer’s now are in the the Craft beer pubs and breweries that introduced the pricey beers. They seem to be trying to sell the £5 pints to bring the punters back in whereas the conventional pubs are taking the piss.

Would that be the Hand & Flower ? It's a pricey pub alright.
Mind you, I was in there a while back and they had a Star Trek event at Olympia. People in the pub dressed as Jim, Bones and Spock with big ears.
I'd like to have taken some pics but I'd left my phone at home.
Weakened beer…. on 16:39 - Jun 19 with 6111 viewsMrSheen

Weakened beer…. on 16:28 - Jun 19 by DannyPaddox

I was in a craft beer place under the arches at Vauxhall called Mother Kelly's a couple of weeks ago. Not sure what shocked me more, a pint for under £6 or a third of a pint for more!
[Post edited 19 Jun 2023 16:45]
Weakened beer…. on 16:52 - Jun 19 with 6043 viewsrobith

Weakened beer…. on 15:22 - Jun 19 by Hayesender

Spoke to a landlady a few years ago who said Carling is really expensive to get from the brewery but if she didn't pay it she'd go under her regulars drank so much of it
Weakened beer…. on 16:54 - Jun 19 with 6033 viewsNorthernr

Weakened beer…. on 16:39 - Jun 19 by MrSheen

I was in a craft beer place under the arches at Vauxhall called Mother Kelly's a couple of weeks ago. Not sure what shocked me more, a pint for under £6 or a third of a pint for more!
[Post edited 19 Jun 2023 16:45]

I was off Oxford Street admitedly but I got done £7+ last week for a bottle of Peroni (yeh yeh serves me right, piss, etc.)
Weakened beer…. on 17:13 - Jun 19 with 5973 viewsPaddyhoops

I think the worst lager I ever had the misfortune of tasting was CastlemaineXXXX .Horrendous stuff.
Carling isn’t far behind. Coors light is a half decent session beer.
Weakened beer…. on 17:23 - Jun 19 with 5935 viewsToast_R

Hogsback TEA at home but if down the pub than its Birra Moretti which seems to be getting more popular or Estrella which is simply the best. If those two ain't there I'd settle for a Stella.
Weakened beer…. on 20:54 - Jun 19 with 5694 viewscolinallcars

Weakened beer…. on 17:23 - Jun 19 by Toast_R

Hogsback TEA at home but if down the pub than its Birra Moretti which seems to be getting more popular or Estrella which is simply the best. If those two ain't there I'd settle for a Stella.

I like Hogsback TEA as well. Three bottles for a fiver in Waitrose at the moment.
Weakened beer…. on 21:03 - Jun 19 with 5690 viewsLblock

Weakened beer…. on 15:08 - Jun 19 by Boston

Hate people who defy gravity.

Really? I think those people are out of this world

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Weakened beer…. on 21:12 - Jun 19 with 5681 viewsToast_R

Weakened beer…. on 20:54 - Jun 19 by colinallcars

I like Hogsback TEA as well. Three bottles for a fiver in Waitrose at the moment.

4 for £6.50 at Tesco but they sell out super fast and don't stock that many at once. I've shamefully cleared the shelf on many occasion in my local store. It's such a great beer but too easy to drink. I went to the Hogsback brewery back in February for a Six Nations match. Way too much beer and some great wood fired pizzas. Well worth a visit if you you're lucky enough to have a designated driver. Want to go back this summer, the tap rooms are in a beautiful setting there amongst the hop fields. All their beer is wonderful.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2023 21:17]
Weakened beer…. on 21:53 - Jun 19 with 5590 viewsBoston

Weakened beer…. on 17:13 - Jun 19 by Paddyhoops

I think the worst lager I ever had the misfortune of tasting was CastlemaineXXXX .Horrendous stuff.
Carling isn’t far behind. Coors light is a half decent session beer.

If it's Coors, it has to be...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Weakened beer…. on 22:19 - Jun 19 with 5555 viewsHayesender

Porretti is a nice drop, and they sell it on draught in O'Donoghues

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Weakened beer…. on 22:29 - Jun 19 with 5533 viewsloftboy

Pub at the end of my road, proper locals boozer in Lowestoft, it did Camden Hells as £4:50 a pint, the generic carling, carlsberg and fosters is £2.75, went in a few weeks back and the Camden’s has gone, was told the locals won’t pay that much and I was the only one drinking it, going in 3 days a week is not enough to be considered a local! They have now lost my custom as I won’t drink that crap.
Was the Lowestoft festival of light this week, there was a few beer tents on and near the beach , paid £7 for a pint of London Black.
There’s a decent pub just about 20 yards away from the one at the end of my road that has guest beers and also does Morretti on draught so will be in there in future.
Was back in Berkshire last week for a couple of days, was paying £13 for two pints in most of the pubs in Wokingham.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024