Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ground Share.. 19:21 - Jan 11 with 3973 viewsRebalhoop

See Wasps are applying for permission to build a new multi purpose, 28,000 capacity stadium in
Swanley Kent….fancy a ground share 😊

Only Joking..🏳️
Ground Share.. on 19:27 - Jan 11 with 3924 viewsHastings_Hoops

Relocate Millwall there
[Post edited 11 Jan 20:21]
Ground Share.. on 20:14 - Jan 11 with 3757 viewsTonto

I do wonder just who Wasp's cabbage is now. They've become a bit of a franchise moving about all over the shop. Is Swanley a hotbed of rugger buggers? I wasn't aware.

It does feel.like the bottom has fallen put of the rugby market.jn the UK

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Ground Share.. on 22:25 - Jan 11 with 3438 viewsNorthernr

Another club with Long Chris Wright syndrome.
Ground Share.. on 03:29 - Jan 12 with 3224 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Ground Share.. on 22:25 - Jan 11 by Northernr

They'll survive. However, given the fate of Caterham Racing, the prognosis for those infected with 'Malay-ria' isn't as encouraging.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Ground Share.. on 08:38 - Jan 12 with 3059 viewsslmrstid

Not for us in Swanley obviously, but for sports clubs up and down the country in the same localities it would make completely logical sense for them to ground share and share facilities (and thus costs), but because everyone is so emotionally attached to what they have already it will never, ever, ever happen.
Ground Share.. on 08:48 - Jan 12 with 3034 viewskernowhoop

There are lots of obvious reasons why we should not, but, sharing with a rugby club is questionable for more than emotional, geographical and commercial reasons. I recall that when Wasps shared Loftus Road, it messed the pitch up.
Ground Share.. on 08:53 - Jan 12 with 3010 viewsswitchingcode

Phew thought it was 1967 all over again when I saw that.
Ground Share.. on 08:56 - Jan 12 with 2992 viewsstevec

Ground Share.. on 08:48 - Jan 12 by kernowhoop

There are lots of obvious reasons why we should not, but, sharing with a rugby club is questionable for more than emotional, geographical and commercial reasons. I recall that when Wasps shared Loftus Road, it messed the pitch up.

Actually, messing the pitch up could be our best chance of avoiding getting beat every week.
Login to get fewer ads

Ground Share.. on 09:32 - Jan 12 with 2920 viewsGaryBannister86

Ground Share.. on 22:25 - Jan 11 by Northernr

I always thought the problem with Chris Wright is that (apart from trying to relocate us up the M40) he pretty much did everything I would have done if I had his wealth - tiny in comparison to current owners.

> buy QPR
> immediately make some big money signings (who can forget Spencer?). Imagine signing a player from Chelsea that their fans liked....
> make some terrible managerial hires
> watch it all explode in my face as everyone takes mickey out of me

Guess he was just a junior Fernandes.

Edit: I wouldn't have tried to get my money back the way he did, though (if I remember right?).

Reading his book and the bit on when he owned QPR was extraordinary.
[Post edited 12 Jan 9:49]
Ground Share.. on 10:09 - Jan 12 with 2801 viewsJuzzie

Everyone was rightly up in arms when the whole Wimbledon/QPR/MK Dons episode happened and that football clubs should not effectively be franchised (MK Dons still know as Franchise FC) but I don't recall the same level of outburst as Wasps bounced around all over the country.
Ground Share.. on 10:14 - Jan 12 with 2787 viewsterryb

Perhaps I'm wrong, but haven't the Wasps Rugby Union club that played at LR ceased to exist?

I think I recall that when they were expelled from the RFU Premier, somebody posted on LFW that there was a "breakaway" Wasps RFU club that had never left London & played at a lot lower level. They may even have been a member of the club.

I suspect this would be the club in question.
Ground Share.. on 10:31 - Jan 12 with 2731 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Ground Share.. on 08:56 - Jan 12 by stevec

Actually, messing the pitch up could be our best chance of avoiding getting beat every week.

That and maybe fielding 15 players might work.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Ground Share.. on 10:46 - Jan 12 with 2686 viewsSonofpugwash

Ah Yes,Swanley.

Alma Swanley,FA Vase quarter finalists.Johnny "Sine Die" Kane isn't it?

Marvellous.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Ground Share.. on 13:47 - Jan 12 with 2521 viewsderbyhoop

Allegedly, there is a lot of rugby interest in Kent, but no top level clubs.
Wasps went t1ts up after moving to the Ricoh and are trying to restart.
Not sure what level they'll start at but they wont need a 28,000 stadium unless they reach top level.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Ground Share.. on 14:10 - Jan 12 with 2477 viewsSimonJames

Ground Share.. on 13:47 - Jan 12 by derbyhoop

Allegedly, there is a lot of rugby interest in Kent, but no top level clubs.
Wasps went t1ts up after moving to the Ricoh and are trying to restart.
Not sure what level they'll start at but they wont need a 28,000 stadium unless they reach top level.

Even then, despite there being a lot of grassroots clubs in Kent and SE London, and proximity to the M20, A2 and M25, I doubt they would get enough people travelling to Swanley to fill that size of stadium... even if they got back to the Premiership.
Certainly Canterbury and Sevenoaks (the hoghest ranked clubs in Kent) don't get big crowds - their ground capacities are only about 1K each.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Ground Share.. on 14:40 - Jan 12 with 2414 viewsMrSheen

The South needs one of these, even if it will cost a lot more than £18m.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Darlington_Arena
Capacity of 25,000, but limited to 10,000 for football due to poor road access.
Largest attendance, Elton John (17.000).
Ground Share.. on 19:02 - Jan 12 with 2214 viewsPaddyhoops

Wasps couldn’t fill a bucket never mind a 28,000 stadium. Laughable.
Ground Share.. on 23:51 - Jan 12 with 2103 viewsrobith

Ground Share.. on 03:29 - Jan 12 by PlanetHonneywood

They'll survive. However, given the fate of Caterham Racing, the prognosis for those infected with 'Malay-ria' isn't as encouraging.

They didn't survive though. They went bust, kicked out of the Prem and now reformed by new owners who keep promising spurious new stadium developments that get rejected.

Theyve been readmitted to the RFU for next year but currently have no squad and nowhere to play
Ground Share.. on 11:16 - Jan 13 with 1832 viewsSonofpugwash

Can you play rugger on an artficial surface?

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Ground Share.. on 12:14 - Jan 13 with 1776 viewsMrSheen

Ground Share.. on 11:16 - Jan 13 by Sonofpugwash

Yes, but they are no more popular than they are with footballers. Rosslyn Park play in National One (third level) on one down the road from me. It makes perfect sense for costs and revenue, even if it’s not the same for the players.
[Post edited 13 Jan 12:23]
Ground Share.. on 13:06 - Jan 13 with 1711 viewsSimonJames

Ground Share.. on 11:16 - Jan 13 by Sonofpugwash

I've played on one. It's not nice!

100% of people who drink water will die.

Ground Share.. on 14:49 - Jan 13 with 1650 viewspaulhoop2

Whilst on subject I’ve always thought we should look at sharing the cottage with Fulham seriously not too far same borough a size that is not overly too big - thoughts ?!

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024