Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well done Warnock 21:56 - Dec 3 with 6950 viewspaulparker

Had us organised, hard to beat , and makes good subs
Deserves a role at the club, i would have him run the youth team
If only we had him at the start of the season
For all the negative and stupid comments against him , the bloke has worked wonders for this club
Take a bow Neil and thank you for all your hard work

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Well done Warnock on 22:49 - Dec 3 with 1828 viewsRangersw12

Well done Warnock on 22:45 - Dec 3 by stevec

Sandro? The man is class for crying out loud.

All this faith in League One players that seems to emanate from the pro Ramsey brigade is baffling. Take a look at Bolton Wanderers if you want to see what happens when the standards go down and the money dries up.

Lower league players who see Rangers as a step up and potential to progress a bit like what we used to do when we were a decent club

Buying big names has been our downfall the last 4 years

As for Sandro on stupid wages and not fit enough 2 ok games won't change that and should be the first name to get rid of

End of the day it comes down to what sort of club you want us to be really
[Post edited 3 Dec 2015 22:53]
Well done Warnock on 22:52 - Dec 3 with 1814 viewspaulparker

Well done Warnock on 22:32 - Dec 3 by BrixtonR

PP you was spot on calling out people slagging off Warnock and comparing him to Redknapp.

How anyone could compare the two is madness. made me so angry. Look at Warnocks enthusiasm tonight, compared with Redknapps negative blame passing,I'm doing the club a favour, lazy lackadaisical cntish nonsense throughout his time here.

Nice one Warnock.

I reckon with a young geezer like JFH as manager and Lee Hoos maybe Warnock would be more suited to the advisor role - just my opinion and and just thinking about the right blend.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2015 22:46]

Good post Brixton

We lost our soul the day we sacked NW and for the last few weeks it's been refreshing to have a bloke who cares about QPR back here
The interview on sky at the start of the game summed him up, pure class

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Well done Warnock on 22:53 - Dec 3 with 1801 viewsenfieldargh

Well done Warnock on 22:30 - Dec 3 by Rangersw12

He has done a good job but he has also destablised the club and clearly still angling for LF job

Think it's the right time for him to go and we now will have a young up and coming manager that everyone was crying out for

Fans need to stay patient though and just take each game as it comes and stop with these stupid demands for promotion

We need to build the club as when the going gets tough I. E in the prem we have nothing to fall back on so could take a couple of years to sort but will be better in the long run

First thing is to get Hoilett , Fer and Sandro off the wage bill in January if we can would much rather see Luongo , Gladwin and Cery play than those 3

Not sure offloading Sandro would be a good idea. The guy is immense.

Hoping a run in the team will sharpen up his passing a bit more, but he breaks up play in the middle and stamps his authority in the middle and occasionally on other players shins.

Fer was disappointing tonight but gave his all. Not sure the pitch was particularly good, think they ground share with a rugger team?

Junior will be here until his contract runs down in June so may as well use him when required. Is one of Charlies best mates so must be popular among the team.

As for NW, steadied the ship and put a ruthless streak back into a bewildered squad. Thanks Neil, wont be surprised if you are managing hoops soon, Steve Clarke's days are numbered

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Well done Warnock on 02:51 - Dec 4 with 1627 viewsPunteR

I thought Austin's comments after the game was the most telling.
Instability around the club but there is stability amongst the players that are good enough to push for play offs.
Sorry Austin but that looked like a mid table team performance to me.
Great to see Warnock ,and give the fans a wave at the end but he arf talks bollox.
Agree he worked wonders 5 years ago ,but has he really improved the team.? yes we're not conceding but we are now not scoring many either.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2015 2:59]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Well done Warnock on 03:07 - Dec 4 with 1618 viewsPunteR

Well done Warnock on 22:45 - Dec 3 by stevec

Sandro? The man is class for crying out loud.

All this faith in League One players that seems to emanate from the pro Ramsey brigade is baffling. Take a look at Bolton Wanderers if you want to see what happens when the standards go down and the money dries up.

Rubbish Stevec.
Which league 1 players are you talking about? Luongo is class mate. Gladwin has loads of potential. No idea about Smithies
Yeah mate carry on...

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Well done Warnock on 03:45 - Dec 4 with 1583 viewsNeil_SI

Well done Warnock on 03:07 - Dec 4 by PunteR

Rubbish Stevec.
Which league 1 players are you talking about? Luongo is class mate. Gladwin has loads of potential. No idea about Smithies
Yeah mate carry on...

I think this has been misinterpreted by some, though I can understand why.

I don't think it has anything to do with faith in League One players per say. It's about finding players who offer the club value for money and who have the potential to improve further and become better assets for the club.

It just so happens that the narrative offered up to sell the concept was one to try and help fans understand that the club understood its history and roots, and was keen to return to them. But finding players from lower leagues is just part of it. The reality is, it's just about finding good value wherever that may be. Grant Hall a prime example here, perfect.

From a fans point of view there are some who are rightly concerned that the club hasn't found value for money in many of its dealings over several years, which has come off the back of our history of financial issues and administration woes. It took a lot of hard work to keep the club afloat, where a lot of sacrifices were made. You'd think then from that point, that the club would never put itself in a position where it abused the health of the it's finances again, especially in such a dramatic way that it has done since. So really it's because many are embarrassed by what has happened since, that we've had a second chance and stab at all this and made such a worse job of it, that it's on a scale that really cannot be comprehended properly.

You want a club that can do well and operate within its means, not one that relies on hand outs from rich owners. The club hasn't proved it's capable of doing that yet, and I think that's where many feel anxious. There's nothing wrong with that and I don't think it has anything to do with a Ramsey brigade or anything of the sort. There has been an arrogance we've shown over the years that has arrived without substance, and I think that's made a lot of people feel uneasy.

As for Sandro, he has not been value for money to QPR. But many players in recent years haven't, so it's sadly a recurring theme. We paid a lot of money for him, both in terms of transfer fee and salary and his resale value at this point is surely considerably lower than what it was when we signed him.

He has ability but he hasn't been available to play every week. Even if he was, in terms of his ability he is overkill for this level of football. From there, you have to ask yourself in this particular scenario, will he improve any more and particularly with his history of knee problems?

From a pure player point of view, the worry with high profile players is you sign them after the fire has gone out, which we have clearly done a lot of in recent years. There's been a reference to Bolton as well, but they are also a club that is packed with Premier League experience (they have over ten players who've featured at that level), but they've signed a lot of players who also have seen their fire go out or maybe were not as good as their reputation suggested.
Well done Warnock on 07:25 - Dec 4 with 1491 viewsdavman

Well done Warnock on 22:30 - Dec 3 by Rangersw12

He has done a good job but he has also destablised the club and clearly still angling for LF job

Think it's the right time for him to go and we now will have a young up and coming manager that everyone was crying out for

Fans need to stay patient though and just take each game as it comes and stop with these stupid demands for promotion

We need to build the club as when the going gets tough I. E in the prem we have nothing to fall back on so could take a couple of years to sort but will be better in the long run

First thing is to get Hoilett , Fer and Sandro off the wage bill in January if we can would much rather see Luongo , Gladwin and Cery play than those 3

The team would be more open with those three in the team; they are simply too lightweight for this league. Any one of them could play, but with all three we would concede for fun.

Sandro will not be bullied, Fer can hold his own when he can be bothered and Junior is also used to a bit of the rough and tumble, I've seen little from the three new boys to indicate that they can cope under pressure. For example, Chery is class on the ball, but has bottled so many 50 50s already this season...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Well done Warnock on 07:31 - Dec 4 with 1486 viewsdaveB

one thing I think it's shown is the difference between a good coach who can improve players and a good manager who can organise a team. Warnock has done well but think it's right that he goes now, I'd hate him to stay and end up being hounded out which would inevitably happen.
Login to get fewer ads

Well done Warnock on 07:34 - Dec 4 with 1482 viewsdaveB

Well done Warnock on 22:32 - Dec 3 by BrixtonR

PP you was spot on calling out people slagging off Warnock and comparing him to Redknapp.

How anyone could compare the two is madness. made me so angry. Look at Warnocks enthusiasm tonight, compared with Redknapps negative blame passing,I'm doing the club a favour, lazy lackadaisical cntish nonsense throughout his time here.

Nice one Warnock.

I reckon with a young geezer like JFH as manager and Lee Hoos maybe Warnock would be more suited to the advisor role - just my opinion and and just thinking about the right blend.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2015 22:46]

In terms of style I'd still compare him to Redknapp, which i don't think is a bad thing. He's old school leaving the coaching to others and always wanting more signings but someone who knows how to organise a team to be hard to beat. I think in his two spells he did a better job than Redknapp but said a few weeks back they were similar in style and would stand by that
Well done Warnock on 07:36 - Dec 4 with 1480 viewsStanisgod

Well done Warnock on 02:51 - Dec 4 by PunteR

I thought Austin's comments after the game was the most telling.
Instability around the club but there is stability amongst the players that are good enough to push for play offs.
Sorry Austin but that looked like a mid table team performance to me.
Great to see Warnock ,and give the fans a wave at the end but he arf talks bollox.
Agree he worked wonders 5 years ago ,but has he really improved the team.? yes we're not conceding but we are now not scoring many either.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2015 2:59]

Bit hard to score with no forwards FFS. Yes, lets go back to letting in 2 a game aye.
Charlie out or half fit, the others inconsistent or injured. I knew someone would come up with that bolox, we weren't scoring under Benny in case you hadn't noticed.
I'd rather play shite and grind out a win than play shite and lose. Unbelievable.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Well done Warnock on 07:59 - Dec 4 with 1436 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Well done Neil.

I was wanting you out after Milton Keynes and in hindsight wish we had stuck with you.

Thanks for sorting out the mess that Ramsey could not manage.

All good managers sort out the defence first.
Ramsey was unable to until Warnock joined us.

I would rather have Warnock here than Les Ferdinand.
I am not confident in changing again to Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank just when we have got some sort of stability / structure again - why not wait until the end of the season?
I think the reason Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank got the job was so Les Ferdinand would keep his.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2015 8:00]
Well done Warnock on 08:25 - Dec 4 with 1403 viewsDiscodroids

I remember Shouting abuse at the radio like a tramp on electric soup when it as announced that We Had Relieved Warnock of his duties. I wish Neil well in the future and hope that his morphing into Queen Elizabeth continues at pace.

whats happened to your eyebrows Neil??

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Well done Warnock on 08:36 - Dec 4 with 1387 viewsToast_R

I think the club are mad to let him go again to be honest. You could see the players have taken to him in a big way and he appears to be the only man to date who can succeed with this club. Just seems a little premature to be rocking the boat once again.

A part of me even feels a bit worried for JFH, he's had a wonderful start to his management career and now he really is putting his ass on line taking this job which, to be fair is a very difficult one indeed.

But hey what do I know?
Well done Warnock on 08:39 - Dec 4 with 1368 viewsTheChef

Well done Warnock on 22:31 - Dec 3 by derbyhoop

Warnock knows what he is doing at this level. But he's been helped by having a settled back 4, with Grant Hall growing to be a very decent Championship CB. Also helped by having Sandro playing 90 minutes.

Basically, we're not as bad as some would believe, but we're not as good as we would like to be, either.

This. Slim margins in this game.

Arguably the defence was already improving under Ramsey (tough away games at Brentford and Derby which we lost narrowly), and having a settled back four always helps.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Well done Warnock on 08:42 - Dec 4 with 1366 viewsElHoop

Well done Warnock on 07:31 - Dec 4 by daveB

one thing I think it's shown is the difference between a good coach who can improve players and a good manager who can organise a team. Warnock has done well but think it's right that he goes now, I'd hate him to stay and end up being hounded out which would inevitably happen.

Yeah that's pretty much how I feel.

If it's JFH then hopefully it will revolve around the relationship between Hoos and JFH rather than Sir Les or Warnock getting too involved in keys decisions. The board can just shut up and let them get on with it.
Well done Warnock on 08:49 - Dec 4 with 1178 viewsrobith

I don't think he's the man for the future (and also wasn't he more after the DOF job?)

But I'm pretty glad he got to change his Rangers ending and it not be that horrible day at Milton Keynes. He's done so much for us, and I'm glad he got to sign off with a couple of nice wins
Well done Warnock on 08:55 - Dec 4 with 1171 viewsMonahoop

Was rather hoping Neil would stay to the end of the season just to stabilise things a bit as he has done in the last few weeks. But I guess he was not in for the clubs long term plans. While it was a very laboured performance last night which looked a certainty for a goalless draw until the 90th minute, the team is certainly more organised and hopefully the new bod can work further on that. Good luck to him and let's give him a chance.
Well done to Neil for signing off with a win.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Well done Warnock on 09:13 - Dec 4 with 1145 viewsRangers67

As I said before in another thread, thanks Neil. There can surely be no doubt that under Ramsey we would not have won that game last night. His overly cautious, muddled, confusing tactics would more than likely led to another defeat. In truth it was a poor game but at least under Neil the defence has been sorted out and as we all know that is where you build the foundations of a good team from. If Neil had been allowed more time I have no doubt we would have improved even more.
Well done Warnock on 09:20 - Dec 4 with 1130 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think that's the point, Mona. A few people have said that they wished the club would keep him on, and questioned why Rangers bothered changing. But the simple fact is that Warnock has said from the off that he doesn't want to be a manager anymore, would prefer an upstairs role, and certainly doesn't want to be Rangers' permanent manager. Rangers had no choice but to start a search.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Well done Warnock on 09:31 - Dec 4 with 1098 viewsTheBlob

So farewell then Neil Warnock.
Perhaps they'll raise a statue to you that will in time become encrusted with bird shit, the face will fall off and people will wonder why someone has left a f*cking great lump of bronze in the way.But those with a beating heart and eyes that sparkle will remember the name and shed a bejewelled tear or two.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Well done Warnock on 10:08 - Dec 4 with 1068 viewsBurnleyhoop

Well done Warnock on 22:02 - Dec 3 by Jamie

Don't understand why Petrasso went off, lively going in both directions, but other than that a great result tonight to round off successful and needed ship steadying.

Got to disagree. He looked well out of his depth and didn't have the speed or strength to get past their defence.

Would dearly love to see our youth come through the system, but we had better options on the bench and effectively played with 10 men until the change was made.

Hoillet and Fer were both poor as they lost possession constantly.

Onouha and Hall were again excellent, although Onouha sometimes goes for the safe option of passing back to Green when more composure and confidence would enable him to move the ball into forward positions.

Still, battled until the end and the best team won. Seriously need Charlie or some other focal point up front. Looked toothless for most part.
Well done Warnock on 10:26 - Dec 4 with 1011 viewsozexile

Hoilett continually losing the ball. Overuns it or it overruns him. Baffles me how he made it to professional football.
Well done Warnock on 10:54 - Dec 4 with 973 viewsfrancisbowles

I'm delighted with the win and thanks NW and KB.

BUT let's put a bit of reality into this defence sorted view. Green did his usual watch one bounce of the crossbar without moving, Reading dragged at least two good chances wide, there was an early diving header across the goal after getting away from Onuoha and there were a couple of slightly dodgy backpasses which Green struggled with. We could easily have been 1 or 2 down before our last minute windfall which was largely down to their keeper.

Some matches you get the luck some you don't!
Well done Warnock on 11:03 - Dec 4 with 952 viewspaulparker

Well done Warnock on 10:54 - Dec 4 by francisbowles

I'm delighted with the win and thanks NW and KB.

BUT let's put a bit of reality into this defence sorted view. Green did his usual watch one bounce of the crossbar without moving, Reading dragged at least two good chances wide, there was an early diving header across the goal after getting away from Onuoha and there were a couple of slightly dodgy backpasses which Green struggled with. We could easily have been 1 or 2 down before our last minute windfall which was largely down to their keeper.

Some matches you get the luck some you don't!

Disagree
you expect the home team to have chances, but we didn't let them have anything clear cut , we defended from the front and we worked our nuts off , its not pretty but its effective , credit goes to the team and to the manager

Well done Warnock on 11:28 - Dec 4 with 910 viewsfrancisbowles

Well done Warnock on 11:03 - Dec 4 by paulparker

Disagree
you expect the home team to have chances, but we didn't let them have anything clear cut , we defended from the front and we worked our nuts off , its not pretty but its effective , credit goes to the team and to the manager

I agree with what you say but we did ride our luck a bit, whereas in other games we have been caught out when playing similarly, M'boro for example.

However, what I pointed out about the fakes chances were facts, surely you can't disagree with those!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024