Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McClaren Agreed Terms? 15:02 - May 9 with 47176 viewsMaggsinho

Appreciate there's already a McClaren thread but, well, you know...

Anyway, according to Laurie Whitwell, Midlands football correspondent of the Mail, McClaren has agreed terms with the club.

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 17:05 - May 9 with 3525 viewsNorthernr

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 17:01 - May 9 by terryb

If I recall correctly, on Sky as an "expert" for the Fulham away game, Mclaren came across to me as being very pro Rangers. Memory tells me that he had to work hard not to refer to us as "we".

Could it be that this has been in the air since before that match?

Yes.
McClaren Agreed Terms? on 17:06 - May 9 with 3517 viewsMytch_QPR

If I recall correctly, on Sky as an "expert" for the Fulham away game, Mclaren came across to me as being very pro Rangers. Memory tells me that he had to work hard not to refer to us as "we".

Could be - I think clubs like to always have a back-up plan in place in case of a 'meltdown' - I remember seeing Nigel Adkins in the Directors Box at the Hull game some weeks before Slutsky got the chop.

As others have said: what we don't know (even if this is official) is whether Ollie has opted to go of his own accord anyway. If so, it would be interesting to know if we have courted any other potential managers.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 17:10 - May 9 with 3493 viewsSimonJames

I think most of us agree that he's done a good job of stabilising the first team.
But that doesn't mean he's capable of pushing on to much better things (e.g. the play offs, a cup run... or indeed anything worth celebrating).
If this time next season we had finished in 14th place, or 12th, or even 10th, would that seem like enough to you?
Because I don't feel he is likely to achieve more than that.

100% of people who drink water will die.

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 17:10 - May 9 with 3489 viewsichbinnaughty

Do you know, I’m pretty much beyond caring.
McClaren Agreed Terms? on 17:13 - May 9 with 3474 viewsdaveB

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 16:51 - May 9 by DavieQPR

Well Hoos has said the budgets were based on 10th place.
Sir Les is the one I credit with bringing down the wage bill.
Holloway only introduced the youngsters when forced to and immediately dropped them next game. He also persisted with the wrong tactics and ignored Furlong for far too
long. We have also lost 700 on the official average home attendance.

completely untrue about the youngsters. He had Furlong and Manning in the side last season and when under pressure at Christmas he could easily have stuck with experience but brought in Smyth and Oteh whilst recalling Eze. He has done well with the kids.

The so called wrong tactic thing makes me laugh. In 2018 playing 3-5-2 we won 4 lost 5, after change we won 5 lost 4 drew 2. It was slightly better results wise but hardly dramatic.
McClaren Agreed Terms? on 17:18 - May 9 with 3425 viewsDando

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 17:13 - May 9 by daveB

completely untrue about the youngsters. He had Furlong and Manning in the side last season and when under pressure at Christmas he could easily have stuck with experience but brought in Smyth and Oteh whilst recalling Eze. He has done well with the kids.

The so called wrong tactic thing makes me laugh. In 2018 playing 3-5-2 we won 4 lost 5, after change we won 5 lost 4 drew 2. It was slightly better results wise but hardly dramatic.

Hes done well to bring in the youngsters, but I still dont understand his reasoning for dropping them when they were playing well. One week Smyth is excellent, then dropped, Eze comes into the side and we go on a run, then hes benched. Oteh has one difficult game up front despite scoring on his debut, and is then completely out of the picture.

Not trying to criticise Ollie, but I dont see any logic in those decisions, or understand what hes trying to do. If hes trying to blend them in slowly then ok, but as with any player - if they are playing well, why not stick with them? Im not sure what message it sends out
McClaren Agreed Terms? on 17:21 - May 9 with 3400 viewsJuzzie

If this all turns out to be true maybe it's happening with Holloway's blessing?

He's recently lost his mum and I think mentioned other personal issues so maybe it works out for all parties concerned?
McClaren Agreed Terms? on 17:22 - May 9 with 3391 viewsdaveB

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 17:18 - May 9 by Dando

Hes done well to bring in the youngsters, but I still dont understand his reasoning for dropping them when they were playing well. One week Smyth is excellent, then dropped, Eze comes into the side and we go on a run, then hes benched. Oteh has one difficult game up front despite scoring on his debut, and is then completely out of the picture.

Not trying to criticise Ollie, but I dont see any logic in those decisions, or understand what hes trying to do. If hes trying to blend them in slowly then ok, but as with any player - if they are playing well, why not stick with them? Im not sure what message it sends out

I think the fear he had was when he gave Oteh a run in the side he started well but then struggled so instead he would give them a game then on the bench then bring them back in which is pretty standard for young players. Ramsey probably had an influence on that as he has spoken about that a lot in wanting young players to dip in and out of the side.

Basically means fans call the manager and idiot for not picking them every game rather than fans having a go at the kid if they get a run and make mistake so idea is it helps them in the long run.

Not sure there is a perfect way to do it though, some kids can hit the ground running liek Langley did many moons ago others need to brought through more gradually.
[Post edited 9 May 2018 17:23]
Login to get fewer ads

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 17:25 - May 9 with 3369 viewsjohnhoop

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 17:21 - May 9 by Juzzie

If this all turns out to be true maybe it's happening with Holloway's blessing?

He's recently lost his mum and I think mentioned other personal issues so maybe it works out for all parties concerned?

Would like to think that if he has gone, it’s of his own volition rather than being sacked, but after what he said about not going anywhere a couple of days ago that does seem unlikely.
McClaren Agreed Terms? on 17:29 - May 9 with 3309 viewssexton

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 17:22 - May 9 by daveB

I think the fear he had was when he gave Oteh a run in the side he started well but then struggled so instead he would give them a game then on the bench then bring them back in which is pretty standard for young players. Ramsey probably had an influence on that as he has spoken about that a lot in wanting young players to dip in and out of the side.

Basically means fans call the manager and idiot for not picking them every game rather than fans having a go at the kid if they get a run and make mistake so idea is it helps them in the long run.

Not sure there is a perfect way to do it though, some kids can hit the ground running liek Langley did many moons ago others need to brought through more gradually.
[Post edited 9 May 2018 17:23]

Smyth hit the ground running and was dropped.
McClaren Agreed Terms? on 17:30 - May 9 with 3291 viewsBklynRanger

I try to err on the side of positivity but, to paraphrase I Holloway circa 2006, this all smells a bit pescatarian to me.
McClaren Agreed Terms? on 17:31 - May 9 with 3286 viewsdaveB

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 17:29 - May 9 by sexton

Smyth hit the ground running and was dropped.

He got injured against MK Dons and was out for 2 months
McClaren Agreed Terms? on 17:34 - May 9 with 3247 viewsDorse

Is it just me or does this announcement feel like a kick in the nuts? Whatever your opinion on Ollie, this feels like losing a friend.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 17:39 - May 9 with 3196 viewsNorthernr

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 17:34 - May 9 by Dorse

Is it just me or does this announcement feel like a kick in the nuts? Whatever your opinion on Ollie, this feels like losing a friend.

I don't think it's being handled at all well.
McClaren Agreed Terms? on 17:41 - May 9 with 3175 viewsRblockPrior

If this is true I would be gutted, Ollie deserves time and swapping a manager for a coach is a no no for me

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 17:43 - May 9 with 3149 viewsswitchingcode

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 16:09 - May 9 by enfieldargh

is Lee Carssley the guy who was at Brentford became temp manager and did a really good job but wanted to stay with the u23's?

Yes he took charge for a few games but insisted he would only do it temporarily until the new man came in.He said he wanted to go back to coaching under 21 s a job he had been doing at Brentford.He was couching at Man City and England youths until, he went back to Brum to assist Cotterill.He never hangs around long strange bloke but excellent coach.
McClaren Agreed Terms? on 17:50 - May 9 with 3080 viewsPlanetHonneywood

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 17:39 - May 9 by Northernr

Unusual for us!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 17:58 - May 9 with 3018 viewsBrianMcCarthy

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 17:39 - May 9 by Northernr

I agree.

Fernandes appearing on the podcast could well now be interpreted as a pre-meditated attempt to soften up the ground for this. Not saying it was, but we can't help but wonder all the same.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 18:00 - May 9 with 2994 views2Thomas2Bowles

If they are pushing IH out then after 46 years I'm done with this club.

I thought we were rebuilding a family club but this would be a really nasty family.

Some of the so-called supporters are the worst I've ever know and will be screaming for McClaren head within a year.

I'm going to call out Kevin Gallen as one of the bitter knuts in all this, hero to fecking zero in all this.

I am very down after losing my mum and this added to the mix and they can feck off.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 18:05 - May 9 with 2958 viewsPunteR

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 18:00 - May 9 by 2Thomas2Bowles

If they are pushing IH out then after 46 years I'm done with this club.

I thought we were rebuilding a family club but this would be a really nasty family.

Some of the so-called supporters are the worst I've ever know and will be screaming for McClaren head within a year.

I'm going to call out Kevin Gallen as one of the bitter knuts in all this, hero to fecking zero in all this.

I am very down after losing my mum and this added to the mix and they can feck off.

Whats Gallen got to do with this. ?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 18:08 - May 9 with 2920 viewsWeaverQPR

Bar the away form which is 50% of the season we've done ok!

@WeavQPR

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 18:14 - May 9 with 2863 viewssimmo

I remember that and specifically thinking that he really knows his stuff about us. Most pundits just trot out general shite but he knew we changed things up from a wing back system recently and which younger players were just coming through. At the time I put it down to him doing his homework and having an interest in a club he knew well (showing his knowledge for potential employers), but in hindsight he could well have already been in early stages for replacing Holloway.

Whether that's the case or not, as usual with QPR this doesnt seem to be dealt with well and I'm sorry to say is indicative of Fernandes and his penchant for change and 'the next thing'. We're seeing stability at last, despite his unhelpful social media interjections, and it seems like we're adding to the upheaval of losing senior playing staff by also switching up the management. That's not to say this change (if it happens) won't be an improvement, in theory it could and should suit where we are at the moment, but after years of building up a club populated with people that have some QPR DNA it seems unfair to terminate the contracts of 2 proper QPR men, especially when they've done what's been asked of them up to this point in their tenure.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 18:15 - May 9 with 2851 viewsisawqpratwcity

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 18:08 - May 9 by WeaverQPR

Bar the away form which is 50% of the season we've done ok!

Nothing on the Offish.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 18:21 - May 9 with 2796 viewsWilloW4

McClaren Agreed Terms? on 17:58 - May 9 by BrianMcCarthy

I agree.

Fernandes appearing on the podcast could well now be interpreted as a pre-meditated attempt to soften up the ground for this. Not saying it was, but we can't help but wonder all the same.

I saw a mate of mine at the weekend who has a few mates who work quite high up at QPR, he told me that McLaren is 100% coming to us.. and the decision was made a few weeks ago...no idea if Holloway knew/knows but it seems he must of heard the whispers... Appreciate this is hear say, but my pal was very definite....Chinese whispers and all that but seems a goer to me.
McClaren Agreed Terms? on 18:21 - May 9 with 2793 viewsMytch_QPR

Apologies if already posted etc...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5709591/Queens-Park-Rangers-ag

If true (big IF) then it's against Ollie's wishes, which is disappointing to say the least.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024