Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tony Fernandes retweet 18:48 - Nov 24 with 6000 viewshorshamHoop

Go Tony - no love lost there!

Tony Fernandes Retweeted

Indy Football
‏
Verified account

@IndyFootball
2h2 hours ago

Southampton fans are singing "you're getting sacked in the morning" to Mark Hughes...
Tony Fernandes retweet on 18:54 - Nov 24 with 5117 viewsBoston

But he’s gods gift to er...god.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Tony Fernandes retweet on 19:22 - Nov 24 with 4920 viewsTacticalR

Who was it that hired Hughes?

Air hostess clique

Tony Fernandes retweet on 19:35 - Nov 24 with 4851 viewsVancouverHoop

Tony Fernandes retweet on 19:22 - Nov 24 by TacticalR

I'm betting it's his biggest regret too. He's had a few digs in the past, yet he always has lots of time for Warnock (and vice versa). TF has also never, to my knowledge, said anything bad about Redknapp, and lord knows he'd be forgiven if he did, but Hughes seems to burn a lot of bridges whenever he leaves a club, with management and players.
Tony Fernandes retweet on 20:18 - Nov 24 with 4627 viewsCiderwithRsie

Tony Fernandes retweet on 19:35 - Nov 24 by VancouverHoop

I'm betting it's his biggest regret too. He's had a few digs in the past, yet he always has lots of time for Warnock (and vice versa). TF has also never, to my knowledge, said anything bad about Redknapp, and lord knows he'd be forgiven if he did, but Hughes seems to burn a lot of bridges whenever he leaves a club, with management and players.

I have a theory about that.

I think he's a git.
Tony Fernandes retweet on 20:24 - Nov 24 with 4598 viewsBoston

Tony Fernandes retweet on 20:18 - Nov 24 by CiderwithRsie

I have a theory about that.

I think he's a git.

That and the arrogance factor.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Tony Fernandes retweet on 20:27 - Nov 24 with 4583 viewsenfieldargh

Shaun Derry has a lot of positive things to say about clueless

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Tony Fernandes retweet on 20:48 - Nov 24 with 4476 viewsessextaxiboy

The only manager I have ever asked the owners to sack .. right from the "interviewing us" quote from Beard the bloke was a t@sser ...
Tony Fernandes retweet on 21:10 - Nov 24 with 4374 viewsbosh67

Hughes will be sacked with his "I've never been relegated" line still in tact. But he's seen a load of them in his rear view mirror!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Tony Fernandes retweet on 21:30 - Nov 24 with 4297 viewsBklynRanger

If that Ailsa from Home and Away lookalike gets sacked after this it'll be the first thing I've correctly predicted in an extremely long time.
Tony Fernandes retweet on 02:15 - Nov 25 with 3921 viewstimcocking

Tony Fernandes retweet on 19:22 - Nov 24 by TacticalR

Eh? You're blaming Tony for that? Didn't we all want him to hire Mark Hughes at the time? Didn't we all want him to appoint Redknapp at the time? Weren't we bloody delighted to sign Loic Remy, Sandro, Bosingwa, Vargas, all those 'really good' players? Tony does what he's told to do, signs who he's told to sign, but of course, it's all his fault for spending hundreds of millions on us.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but at the time, nobody realised that the better a player and the more you paid them, the sh!tter they'd be for us. Those fcuking leeches deserve the lion's share of the blame. And the totally corrupt league.

Pleased to hear he retweeted this. Tony deserved much more.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2018 4:14]
Tony Fernandes retweet on 13:19 - Nov 25 with 3494 viewstoboboly

No.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Tony Fernandes retweet on 14:07 - Nov 25 with 3398 views2Thomas2Bowles

Tony Fernandes retweet on 13:19 - Nov 25 by toboboly

No.

+++++++++1

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Tony Fernandes retweet on 15:31 - Nov 25 with 3283 viewsterryb

Tony Fernandes retweet on 02:15 - Nov 25 by timcocking

Eh? You're blaming Tony for that? Didn't we all want him to hire Mark Hughes at the time? Didn't we all want him to appoint Redknapp at the time? Weren't we bloody delighted to sign Loic Remy, Sandro, Bosingwa, Vargas, all those 'really good' players? Tony does what he's told to do, signs who he's told to sign, but of course, it's all his fault for spending hundreds of millions on us.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but at the time, nobody realised that the better a player and the more you paid them, the sh!tter they'd be for us. Those fcuking leeches deserve the lion's share of the blame. And the totally corrupt league.

NO!

I will admit to not being as opposed to Hughes as I was to Redknapp though!
Tony Fernandes retweet on 16:29 - Nov 25 with 3168 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Fernandes: Malay for total and utter f.....g plum!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Tony Fernandes retweet on 16:42 - Nov 25 with 3133 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thank God that Fernandes is no longer the face of our club. Another childish tweet.

Fernandes hired Hughes and failed utterly to control his reckless spending and nearly stiffed our club in the process. It would be more in is line to consider his own role in our demise and current financial situation.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Tony Fernandes retweet on 17:41 - Nov 25 with 2975 viewsCamberleyR

Thanks for speaking on all our behalfs.

In answer to your three questions:

Didn't we all want him to hire Mark Hughes at the time?
No, I've always despised the arrogant cúnt

Didn't we all want him to appoint Redknapp at the time?
No, no and no!!!!

Weren't we bloody delighted to sign Loic Remy, Sandro, Bosingwa, Vargas, all those 'really good' players?
No

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Tony Fernandes retweet on 17:52 - Nov 25 with 2937 viewsPunteR

Tony Fernandes retweet on 17:41 - Nov 25 by CamberleyR

Thanks for speaking on all our behalfs.

In answer to your three questions:

Didn't we all want him to hire Mark Hughes at the time?
No, I've always despised the arrogant cúnt

Didn't we all want him to appoint Redknapp at the time?
No, no and no!!!!

Weren't we bloody delighted to sign Loic Remy, Sandro, Bosingwa, Vargas, all those 'really good' players?
No

Remy was decent. I liked Vargas, good player, he was played out of position though and got the hump. Prob had a bad attitude from the start though. I actually thought Sandro would be decent. Spurs fans loved him. Bosingwa could jog on .
I think we blame the players a lot but we just wasnt the right club for them. Poor recruitment, poor management and a terrible owner.
TF quick to point out Hughes failings but the buck stopped with him.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Tony Fernandes retweet on 18:35 - Nov 25 with 2836 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Tony Fernandes retweet on 16:42 - Nov 25 by BrianMcCarthy

Thank God that Fernandes is no longer the face of our club. Another childish tweet.

Fernandes hired Hughes and failed utterly to control his reckless spending and nearly stiffed our club in the process. It would be more in is line to consider his own role in our demise and current financial situation.

Yeah but you know, we might have spunked a good half-a-billion; but lessons were learned Brian!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Tony Fernandes retweet on 19:06 - Nov 25 with 2764 viewsdavman

Tony Fernandes retweet on 16:42 - Nov 25 by BrianMcCarthy

At the risk of being labelled a 'fan boy' of Tony, I think that is harsh. He knew nothing about football, so Hughes less convinced him that he could help along with others. Unfortunately, as opposed to Hoos and Ferdinand, who would have seen this coming, there was no-one on the board who knew enough to argue back. Hughes was given the keys to the club and ultimately all he and his cronies were interested in was lining their pockets.

Naive, yep, to the extreme, but Hughes exploited this ruthlessly safe in the knowledge that he'd just walk into another job.

Tony can be blamed for falling for it hook, line and sinker, but the blame and our full hate should stick to Hughes. I just wish Macca's elbow had done more damage to him when he was playing.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Tony Fernandes retweet on 19:23 - Nov 25 with 2729 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Tony Fernandes retweet on 19:06 - Nov 25 by davman

At the risk of being labelled a 'fan boy' of Tony, I think that is harsh. He knew nothing about football, so Hughes less convinced him that he could help along with others. Unfortunately, as opposed to Hoos and Ferdinand, who would have seen this coming, there was no-one on the board who knew enough to argue back. Hughes was given the keys to the club and ultimately all he and his cronies were interested in was lining their pockets.

Naive, yep, to the extreme, but Hughes exploited this ruthlessly safe in the knowledge that he'd just walk into another job.

Tony can be blamed for falling for it hook, line and sinker, but the blame and our full hate should stick to Hughes. I just wish Macca's elbow had done more damage to him when he was playing.

I agree with all of that, davman. I detested Hughes as a player, and now i detest him as a manager as well.

But there's enough blame to go around. It was Fernandes' job to run the club. He did it very badly. Naïve, as you say. But also negligent in the extreme.

Tony Fernandes retweet on 19:44 - Nov 25 with 2675 viewsdanehoop

Tony Fernandes retweet on 19:23 - Nov 25 by BrianMcCarthy

I agree with all of that, davman. I detested Hughes as a player, and now i detest him as a manager as well.

But there's enough blame to go around. It was Fernandes' job to run the club. He did it very badly. Naïve, as you say. But also negligent in the extreme.

Brian,

don't entirely disagree, but to be fair to Fernandes he tried to run QPR the way that he runs much of his business, by hiring in competent management teams and backing them. Most of the time it works, but there are exceptions and he and others discovered very quickly that sport, and football in particular, doesn't always work that way. In terms of due dilligence, he understood that Hughes wasn't just a "name" but had been moderately successful at that time in his previous jobs. In Beard he has someone who had a very good name in how he developed and ran a challenging venue location and made it successful.

He tried to do the right thing and trust Hughes decisions in terms of player aquisition and development, and step back. Equally he trusted Beard to be sufficiently sensible and experienced to lead on the operations side. What he didn't appreciate was that Hughes is an arrogant utter disease of a man and he and his management team were very quickly exposed and being, at best limited. In Beard it became increasingly evident that his poor understanding of football was a problem in financial decisions that were made which we are still paying for.

I think Hughes approach and Beard's inexperience were not the sole issues though. Fernandes started to think like a fan and also viewed QPR as a marketing tool for his Asia profile. That meant decisions that he would never had made with an objective business head went unchallenged and purchases like Boswinger, Barton and Park were made, without any real thought for the future. It didn't get better when Bagpuss turned up and Fernanades seemingly became slightly starstruck or taken in by the Sand Banks bullshyte merchant. In some ways fernandes was still acting true to his standard approach with Redkrapp in backing a seemingly highly regarded manager with funding (which in part could be argued to have paid off when we were promoted).

I think things only really started to turn the corner when Fernandes had to step back (reducing his emotional and unquestioning trust in the con merchant he had hired in) and with the arrival of first Sir Les and then Lee Hoos. Those two have altered our direction and with Amit now overseeing the day to day strategy with a degree of focus and objectivity we have previously been lacking, there are reasonable signs of improvement and increased consistency of approach.

I think Fernandes main crime has been ceasing to think like the canny businessman that he undoubtedly is, and letting himself act like a rich fan. As an owner that is a very quick way to lose a lot of money.

Never knowingly understood

Tony Fernandes retweet on 19:53 - Nov 25 with 2655 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Tony Fernandes retweet on 19:44 - Nov 25 by danehoop

Brian,

don't entirely disagree, but to be fair to Fernandes he tried to run QPR the way that he runs much of his business, by hiring in competent management teams and backing them. Most of the time it works, but there are exceptions and he and others discovered very quickly that sport, and football in particular, doesn't always work that way. In terms of due dilligence, he understood that Hughes wasn't just a "name" but had been moderately successful at that time in his previous jobs. In Beard he has someone who had a very good name in how he developed and ran a challenging venue location and made it successful.

He tried to do the right thing and trust Hughes decisions in terms of player aquisition and development, and step back. Equally he trusted Beard to be sufficiently sensible and experienced to lead on the operations side. What he didn't appreciate was that Hughes is an arrogant utter disease of a man and he and his management team were very quickly exposed and being, at best limited. In Beard it became increasingly evident that his poor understanding of football was a problem in financial decisions that were made which we are still paying for.

I think Hughes approach and Beard's inexperience were not the sole issues though. Fernandes started to think like a fan and also viewed QPR as a marketing tool for his Asia profile. That meant decisions that he would never had made with an objective business head went unchallenged and purchases like Boswinger, Barton and Park were made, without any real thought for the future. It didn't get better when Bagpuss turned up and Fernanades seemingly became slightly starstruck or taken in by the Sand Banks bullshyte merchant. In some ways fernandes was still acting true to his standard approach with Redkrapp in backing a seemingly highly regarded manager with funding (which in part could be argued to have paid off when we were promoted).

I think things only really started to turn the corner when Fernandes had to step back (reducing his emotional and unquestioning trust in the con merchant he had hired in) and with the arrival of first Sir Les and then Lee Hoos. Those two have altered our direction and with Amit now overseeing the day to day strategy with a degree of focus and objectivity we have previously been lacking, there are reasonable signs of improvement and increased consistency of approach.

I think Fernandes main crime has been ceasing to think like the canny businessman that he undoubtedly is, and letting himself act like a rich fan. As an owner that is a very quick way to lose a lot of money.

Good post. Very fair.

Tony Fernandes retweet on 20:42 - Nov 25 with 2554 viewsPunteR

Tony Fernandes retweet on 19:44 - Nov 25 by danehoop

Brian,

edit. Sorry boring moan about TF again.

Nothing to see here.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2018 21:12]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Tony Fernandes retweet on 20:49 - Nov 25 with 2541 viewsSimonJames

No, I didn't want him. I still had faith in NW.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Tony Fernandes retweet on 21:58 - Nov 25 with 2435 viewsrobith

One thing Fernandes seems to be good at in the football world is smelling the way the fans are brewing and saying stuff that's very tailored to get them onside.

He hired him, he signed the cheques, dare I say, Hughes was the prime candidate for a brief of we want to raise our profile dead quick and want names names names now now now.

But he also knows we hate Hughes too, and so can latch on to that to try and get us on side. See also - how the club is run now, clearly nothing to do with him.

Cynical, and also childishly unprofessional.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024