Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton 20:48 - May 6 with 32301 viewsFrankRightguard

That is all
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 23:16 - May 6 with 4021 viewsdaveB

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 23:07 - May 6 by Maggsinho

Pleased with this. Wonder how they resolved his previously reported reluctance to work under a DOF?

He was a director of football once so shouldn't be a problem. His issue was with how Brentford changed how they scouted and signed players which has worked pretty well for them
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 23:17 - May 6 with 4010 viewsdaveB

I'd have had him in a few years ago when Redknapp went, good manager of course comes with risks and his failure at Forest is a concern but out of the candidates he stands out as the best one.

Am sure if he uses his...wait for it....loaf... he'll do well.
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 23:22 - May 6 with 3968 viewsdannyblue

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 23:17 - May 6 by daveB

I'd have had him in a few years ago when Redknapp went, good manager of course comes with risks and his failure at Forest is a concern but out of the candidates he stands out as the best one.

Am sure if he uses his...wait for it....loaf... he'll do well.

He better do. He'll have no dough to spend
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 23:22 - May 6 with 3967 viewsbosh67

I have been banging on about him for a few years so hope it will actually works out. Glad if Eustace stays. Deserves to be part of the club's future.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 00:41 - May 7 with 3752 viewskarl

He will be a great success.

I say that because I don't really rate him and ultimately I'm usually wrong when I'm assessing new managers (usually being too optimistic).
My view is based on his time at Glasgow Rangers and my fear is that he has one style of play that once it's found out he doesn't seem to be able to adjust, David Weir was his assistant and he was pretty clueless as a manager too (Sheff Utd I think?) so no loss him not coming with him.
Given the quality of player we had this season he would have had Lynch and BFG split across the box receiving the ball with fullbacks up at halfway line and not changing things after a few setbacks like Schteve accepted pragmatically.
Question will be, can he select the right players to play his preferred system from those we have available?
There's nothing wrong with a good style of play unless you're expecting players to do things they're not actually capable of and that will be starting conundrum but equally I think he has to have a variation available so he can change tactic if someone susses out what's happening as I think that was his failing at Rangers and Forest after an initial burst onto the scene at Brentford.
That is based on a bit of guesswork at Brentford and Forest but pretty much definitely what happened in Scotland.
He does like quick exciting football so I am definitely hoping he will prove me wrong as when his team plays well it's good to watch.
Hibs fans have a 'magic hat' song for him after our cup final win too. Hopefully never hear it again and the original remains!
https://www.fanchants.com/football-songs/hibs-chants/warburtons-a-fanny-4/
[Post edited 7 May 2019 0:57]
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 02:14 - May 7 with 3666 viewsVancouverHoop

I wonder if these appointments hint that the writing's on the wall for Les?

Warburton's more of a DoF/General manager type I thought, and if Eustace stay's on as his pitch manager/head coach, where does that leave LF?
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 03:11 - May 7 with 3611 viewstimcocking

No, they are reporting it's likely to be Warburton. Which isn't the same thing at all.

Might well be, but as always, let us wait and see.
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 06:03 - May 7 with 3520 viewsSirNose

thats good news
[Post edited 29 Oct 2022 4:55]
Login to get fewer ads

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 07:27 - May 7 with 3302 viewsfrancisbowles

Pleased with this. Wonder how they resolved his previously reported reluctance to work under a DOF?

18 months since his last manager role!

Think this is about as good as we could hope for and attract. He was in a top three for me with Ainsworth and Jackett. Suspect his greater experience at a higher level made him the preferred candidate over Gareth and that Jacket not available (yet).

Pleased, if true, that Eustace is staying on. He provides that bit of continuity, has learnt from McClaren's better attributes and hopefully can avoid his lesser ones, and the players seem to respond to him.
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 07:34 - May 7 with 3275 viewsLblock

I’m a bit bamboozled as to why a few think it’s great that Eustace may remain? I assume the cast of a thousand green tracksuit tops would also remain and the reason for this being the club cannot afford to sack the whole circus appointed by the last darling of Bungle.
If that is the case then it again points towards a poor approach by the DoF - the continuity shouldn’t be driven by economics.

If it is to be Warburton then good luck to him because by Christ he’ll need it. I remain in favour of him from the list offered.

We’ll see

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 07:37 - May 7 with 3262 viewsNortholt_Rs

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 06:03 - May 7 by SirNose

thats good news
[Post edited 29 Oct 2022 4:55]

More to the point if Warburton is incoming was this the DOFs decision? If not, his position must be untenable. We were never going to find some little known gem of a new manager on the continent etc. - because that’s what other clubs do... Given the list of usual suspects that has been trotted out I reckon MW is pretty much the best option. Big, big job for him so let’s all hope and pray he gets it right for us.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 07:49 - May 7 with 3225 viewsfrancisbowles

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 07:34 - May 7 by Lblock

I’m a bit bamboozled as to why a few think it’s great that Eustace may remain? I assume the cast of a thousand green tracksuit tops would also remain and the reason for this being the club cannot afford to sack the whole circus appointed by the last darling of Bungle.
If that is the case then it again points towards a poor approach by the DoF - the continuity shouldn’t be driven by economics.

If it is to be Warburton then good luck to him because by Christ he’ll need it. I remain in favour of him from the list offered.

We’ll see

Because we always 'tear everything up' from the previous regime and start again from scratch. It has never worked and seems to be a backward step.

Maybe this time we can keep the 'good bits' as some 'building blocks already in place'.
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 08:05 - May 7 with 3178 viewsactonman

My preferred choice out of a list that everybody guessed was going to be put forward (ALARM BELLS)
Maybe there were others not mentioned but it’s like our recruitment process is

Sack existing manager
Look on forums etc for possible suggestions
Draw up a shortlist with slight qpr connections
See how the fans react
Drag it out a bit so it looks like we are doing things the right way
Hire the one crazy enough to take the job on

Good luck to whoever but I don’t see how the whole process is any different to past experience other than throwing money at it aswell
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 08:10 - May 7 with 3153 viewsNortholt_Rs

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 08:05 - May 7 by actonman

My preferred choice out of a list that everybody guessed was going to be put forward (ALARM BELLS)
Maybe there were others not mentioned but it’s like our recruitment process is

Sack existing manager
Look on forums etc for possible suggestions
Draw up a shortlist with slight qpr connections
See how the fans react
Drag it out a bit so it looks like we are doing things the right way
Hire the one crazy enough to take the job on

Good luck to whoever but I don’t see how the whole process is any different to past experience other than throwing money at it aswell

No you’ve got it all wrong. The DOF has spent four years scouring world football - just like Wolves, Watford, Norwich, Huddersfield etc - and MW is the pick of the bunch. Or maybe you are right after all...

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 08:44 - May 7 with 3013 viewsToast_R

Best of luck to him, he'll need it!
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 08:51 - May 7 with 2998 viewsdaveB

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 02:14 - May 7 by VancouverHoop

I wonder if these appointments hint that the writing's on the wall for Les?

Warburton's more of a DoF/General manager type I thought, and if Eustace stay's on as his pitch manager/head coach, where does that leave LF?

Warburton would be manager and Eustace role is unchanged so not sure why that effects Les Ferdinand?
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 09:05 - May 7 with 2947 viewsstevec

Best of the bunch listed and apparently a fan of Ramsey so hopefully that’ll gel.

Well I’m sick to death of this calling out of managers, time to get behind him and put the spotlight on our perennial under performers out on the pitch.
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 09:17 - May 7 with 2900 viewsderbyhoop

What previously reported reluctance? Are you making that up?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 09:22 - May 7 with 2879 viewsTonto

am loving the speculation regarding Les, the decision making process and his future of DoF passed of as fact I this thread... classic alt right tactics that have create anti-vac fake news... keep it up!

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 09:22 - May 7 with 2879 viewshook_hoops

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 07:27 - May 7 by francisbowles

18 months since his last manager role!

Think this is about as good as we could hope for and attract. He was in a top three for me with Ainsworth and Jackett. Suspect his greater experience at a higher level made him the preferred candidate over Gareth and that Jacket not available (yet).

Pleased, if true, that Eustace is staying on. He provides that bit of continuity, has learnt from McClaren's better attributes and hopefully can avoid his lesser ones, and the players seem to respond to him.

If it is to be Warburton I'm quite encouraged by this interview.

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 09:23 - May 7 with 2874 viewsUruguayanRanger

Unfair to call him out for "failing" at Forest and Rangers.

Forest have had countless managers over the last decade and all have failed to deliver. Rangers have also been in a bizarre situation in the last few years since dropping from the Scottish Prem.
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 09:32 - May 7 with 2840 viewspaesanu

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 21:58 - May 6 by Antti_Heinola

did well at Rangers, had less than a year at Forest.

Underwhelming? Are you oblivious to our circumstances?!

When my wife returns from the supermarket with a sirloin steak instead of Kobe beef, I don't say 'sorry to be churlish doll but is that the best we can do'. I should be thankful for her not abusing the credit card!

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 10:18 - May 7 with 2657 viewsrsonist

Find myself on the fence about this, but in fairness I'd have felt the same about every candidate. (And yes, beggars can't be choosers to an extent).

Five years ago I thought we'd missed the chance of a generation when we went with Ramsey instead of him. Since then it's been proven the Brentford set-up is the key to their relative success not the coach at the head of it; and the concerns they had about Warburton as a coach in taking a different direction wrt to that set-up (a real shock at the time) have only been amplified at his subsequent clubs.

"Plan B is to do Plan A better" is his infamous quote, and as Karl reports that has tended to be a loose and free-flowing attacking plan but not a structured defensive one or one that has an adaptative capacity built in. He hasn't been seen to react to games particularly well and every fanbase he's been with has bemoaned the same subs on the hour mark every time, or none at all... sound familiar?

He is however unquestionably and demonstrably positive, attacking, youth and development orientated. Loves having a ton of #10s pissing around so he'll be in dreamland here on that front at least.

In terms of that player development the interesting factor now is that this will seemingly be the first time he'll be out on his own both as a coach (without Weir) and as part of a recruitment structure (without McParland). I'm not sure why McIntyre says "would have got another job had Rangers waited much longer" - hopefully that is not from the board's mouth - because he has everything to prove and this may be his last shot at a top job at this level.

A poor man's Eddie Howe? A rich man's Karl Robinson? Or just a Champo Schteve? I dunno m8.
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 10:20 - May 7 with 2640 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 09:32 - May 7 by paesanu

Underwhelming? Are you oblivious to our circumstances?!

When my wife returns from the supermarket with a sirloin steak instead of Kobe beef, I don't say 'sorry to be churlish doll but is that the best we can do'. I should be thankful for her not abusing the credit card!

And grateful it wasn't a burger eh!
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 10:31 - May 7 with 2569 viewsNorthernr

While it is true that players and managers tend to do well at Brentford because the club is set up right, Warburton did get them in the play offs, which is more than anybody else has managed. Although Dean Smith had them in the top four of his imaginary Justice League of course.

I don't know what to think, which isn't very useful as I'm going to have to write about this today. It wasn't a very inspiring list was it?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024