Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jan Transfers 08:27 - Jan 3 with 26814 viewsGloucs_R

What do we think then?

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qprs-transfer-window-what-rangers-fans-can-e

Eze being valued at £20m I've read. Also read that Spurs value their defender at £4m

Surely the only striker we could afford would be less than a million, therefore the guy in Scotland?

Quite a few are out of contract in the summer.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Jan Transfers on 15:27 - Jan 4 with 3768 viewsDorse

Jan Transfers on 12:30 - Jan 4 by Northernr

It’s ok, Charley Kendall becomes the new Clive Allen and we’re set.

Bearing in mind THE CURSE, he'd most likely become the new Clive Dunn.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Jan Transfers on 17:54 - Jan 4 with 3655 viewsAntti_Heinola

Jan Transfers on 11:05 - Jan 4 by ozexile

Zaha won't go. He likes being the big fish in a small pond. Went into his shell.at Utd.

bit harsh. that was years ago, he was never given a chance and has matured a lot since then. great player.

Bare bones.

Jan Transfers on 18:42 - Jan 4 with 3529 viewstkqpr

Get the feeling that maybe with Eddie Nketiah returning early from Leeds and with the Neil Bamford connection that we might be in line to get him on loan for the second half of the season. I was really hoping this would of been the likely choice from the start of the season, but Leeds got in there, not sure why he returned, lack of game time was it?

But there seems so many promising performances today from young Premiership strikers from Idah at Norwich scoring a hattrick and Smallbone from Southampton.
Jan Transfers on 18:50 - Jan 4 with 3497 viewsMatch82

Jan Transfers on 18:42 - Jan 4 by tkqpr

Get the feeling that maybe with Eddie Nketiah returning early from Leeds and with the Neil Bamford connection that we might be in line to get him on loan for the second half of the season. I was really hoping this would of been the likely choice from the start of the season, but Leeds got in there, not sure why he returned, lack of game time was it?

But there seems so many promising performances today from young Premiership strikers from Idah at Norwich scoring a hattrick and Smallbone from Southampton.

Would love to have him but unlikely unless both Wells and Hugill are off, they will be looking for guaranteed games for him after Leeds weren't playing him.
Jan Transfers on 19:23 - Jan 4 with 3444 viewshorshamHoop

I think there was another "shell" he went into - allegedly :)
Jan Transfers on 19:49 - Jan 4 with 3380 viewsrsonist

Jan Transfers on 18:42 - Jan 4 by tkqpr

Dave Mc says we were interested in him in the summer (like everyone else), before Wells and Hugill. Pretty sure Bristol City have him in the bag now - was already going there before Leeds pipped them.

Agree about the abundance of loan strikers in general though - something we should keep in mind in case Wells gets greedy.
Jan Transfers on 19:52 - Jan 4 with 3376 viewsrsonist

Jan Transfers on 17:21 - Jan 3 by VancouverHoop

Anyone else think that Eze to Burnley, with Wells to us plus cash is a possibility?

Should say, if Manning doesn't sign an extension this summer I could definitely see a deal with them for him along these lines being a possibility.
Jan Transfers on 10:57 - Jan 7 with 3089 viewstkqpr

Burnley are considering a move for Scotland and Aberdeen centre-back Scott McKenna, 23. - Daily Mail

Aberdeen are looking to sign defender Jimmy Dunne from Burnley. The central defender spent the first half of the season on loan at Fleetwood.

That will poo poo any of our advances as Burnley have a far bigger and deeper purse than ours and have another option in defence for them as part of the deal??
[Post edited 7 Jan 2020 11:00]
Login to get fewer ads

Jan Transfers on 12:14 - Jan 7 with 2993 viewsDorse

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-star-says-he-would-love-to-stay-and-prai

BOS seems happy with life at QPR - hopefully we can get this contract sorted sooner than we think.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Jan Transfers on 12:23 - Jan 7 with 2966 viewsrsonist

Jan Transfers on 10:57 - Jan 7 by tkqpr

Burnley are considering a move for Scotland and Aberdeen centre-back Scott McKenna, 23. - Daily Mail

Aberdeen are looking to sign defender Jimmy Dunne from Burnley. The central defender spent the first half of the season on loan at Fleetwood.

That will poo poo any of our advances as Burnley have a far bigger and deeper purse than ours and have another option in defence for them as part of the deal??
[Post edited 7 Jan 2020 11:00]

Always been hard to see the logic of our chasing McKenna to the tune of millions, and Burnley competing for him only proves that I think. Not saying that only artsy fartsy John Stones types who can't do the basics are right for us but they set up nothing like the way we do.
Jan Transfers on 12:32 - Jan 7 with 2936 viewsGloucs_R

Jan Transfers on 12:23 - Jan 7 by rsonist

Always been hard to see the logic of our chasing McKenna to the tune of millions, and Burnley competing for him only proves that I think. Not saying that only artsy fartsy John Stones types who can't do the basics are right for us but they set up nothing like the way we do.

I quite like picking up free transfers and making millions out of them!

Poll: Are we staying up?

Jan Transfers on 16:21 - Jan 7 with 2793 viewstkqpr

Lyle Taylor anyone?
Turned down a contract extension at Charlton, would be cheapish - cheaper in the summer no doubt but...
Jan Transfers on 16:33 - Jan 7 with 2761 viewsWatford_Ranger

Would be a great signing but I assume he’s setting his sights higher.
Jan Transfers on 16:42 - Jan 7 with 2729 viewsgazza1

My view re our youngsters are that I think they are being educated very well by MW.....he has a fantastic work ethic and also he has got one proper team spirit with them all. The seniors have taken the 'boys' under there wings. They all enjoy there own company and they all work as a team both winning and loosing.

I think unless some absolute unbelievable offer comes in then non of our 'boys' will leave this transfer window.

However, if they all continue as they have done over the past 6 months then expect movement in the summer.

The above is all pure speculation by what I have seen on the pitch, off the pitch and by the way that I hear them, and that includes coaches and manager and backroom team alike. I'm very proud of the Team this season and hope they continue to 'stick together'.
Jan Transfers on 16:59 - Jan 7 with 2675 viewsA40Bosh

If MB was playing that old trick of getting bad results just before a transfer window opens to show the owners we are in desperate need of funds to bolster the squad, then he messed up the end of his plan in the last week.

We have shown that we could make 6 changes in the team and still put in a better than usual 3rd round FA Cup performance even after accepting that Swansea put out an inexperienced team.

I am more worried about us losing players rather than going out and bringing in additional recruits. My only concern is that most of our fire power from earlier in the season and last week is on loan from clubs who might accept offers and recall and sell their assets.

I hope that the club put a realistic price on Eze's head and stick to it - although if he does go, then other than some coded comments from the club we will never know how much we really got for him and everyone will make an assumption from rumours that we sold him too cheap.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Jan Transfers on 17:59 - Jan 7 with 2564 viewsE17hoop

Jan Transfers on 12:32 - Jan 7 by Gloucs_R

I quite like picking up free transfers and making millions out of them!

Look out for Ben Woodburn being released by Liverpool. On loan at Oxford but injured.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: How has this season been?

Jan Transfers on 18:21 - Jan 7 with 2516 viewstkqpr

Lewis Gibson, 19, joined Everton from Newcastle United in 2017 and is out of contract in the summer - another Masterson type who's highly thought of, quick and powerful for 19 and eagerly wants to progress. Could it be us?
Jan Transfers on 21:06 - Jan 7 with 2368 viewsGroveR

Jan Transfers on 16:59 - Jan 7 by A40Bosh

If MB was playing that old trick of getting bad results just before a transfer window opens to show the owners we are in desperate need of funds to bolster the squad, then he messed up the end of his plan in the last week.

We have shown that we could make 6 changes in the team and still put in a better than usual 3rd round FA Cup performance even after accepting that Swansea put out an inexperienced team.

I am more worried about us losing players rather than going out and bringing in additional recruits. My only concern is that most of our fire power from earlier in the season and last week is on loan from clubs who might accept offers and recall and sell their assets.

I hope that the club put a realistic price on Eze's head and stick to it - although if he does go, then other than some coded comments from the club we will never know how much we really got for him and everyone will make an assumption from rumours that we sold him too cheap.

Your last paragraph is spot on Bosh.

I can see Hoos' view that quoting "an undisclosed fee" might give us an advantage in subsequent transfers by denying other clubs/agents knowledge of how much cash we have to spend but disagree for 2 reasons;

1) it's an exercise in futility akin to trying to conceal a sunrise. The fee WILL get out, even if the buying club insists it remain "undisclosed" (see Feliani from Everton to Man Utd). If more than two people know something in football, it's not a secret and there are way more than two people involved in most transfers.

2) the amount of cash you got for one transfer should have little or no bearing on the next IF the books are balanced. If the selling club want more than you're prepared to pay - walk away (like we did with McKenna for once). If the buying club won't pay what you're asking - fùck them off.
Jan Transfers on 11:13 - Jan 8 with 2085 viewsnick_hammersmith

Anyone else think that Eze to Burnley, with Wells to us plus cash is a possibility?

Why would we need to buy Wells, he is a free agent in the summer?
Jan Transfers on 11:21 - Jan 8 with 2065 viewsterryb

Not in the slightest!

Dyche wouldn't be interested & why would Eze want to join a club where the ball is thumped over his head all match?

Cameron is far more Burnley's style.
Jan Transfers on 13:49 - Jan 8 with 1905 viewsRangerMK

Hearing Warburton wants a potential Jack Clarke loan from Spurs, thoughts?
Jan Transfers on 13:53 - Jan 8 with 1890 viewsJeff

Jan Transfers on 13:49 - Jan 8 by RangerMK

Hearing Warburton wants a potential Jack Clarke loan from Spurs, thoughts?

undoubtedly a talented player, but not entirely sure that a winger on loan is really what QPR need at the moment?

Can we not knock it?

Jan Transfers on 13:58 - Jan 8 with 1853 viewsrunningman75

I would have thought we could terminate the loans of Mlakar and Smith as they do not seem to be needed.
Jan Transfers on 13:58 - Jan 8 with 1850 viewsLblock

Jan Transfers on 16:21 - Jan 7 by tkqpr

Lyle Taylor anyone?
Turned down a contract extension at Charlton, would be cheapish - cheaper in the summer no doubt but...

Charlton rejected a Bentford bid of around £9Mill hours before the transfer window creaked shut gently

Depends on your view of cheap I suppose

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Jan Transfers on 14:00 - Jan 8 with 1837 viewsRangerMK

Jan Transfers on 13:53 - Jan 8 by Jeff

undoubtedly a talented player, but not entirely sure that a winger on loan is really what QPR need at the moment?

clearly not the priority, but qpr will concede, why not try and out score 'em all!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024