Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sandro - Article in the Guardian 14:45 - Jun 18 with 3202 viewseastside_r

Sorry to post this so shortly after lunch as this is truly vomit-inducing.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jun/18/sandro-privilege-spurs-tottenha
Sandro - Article in the Guardian on 14:52 - Jun 18 with 3162 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

If he’s only 31 I’ll eat my hat.
Sandro - Article in the Guardian on 14:58 - Jun 18 with 3143 viewsRBlock

As a Guardian reader, they don't half like to pump out these fluff pieces about poor feckless footballers trying to jumpstart their faltering careers, after years of being feckless. Caulker even got two bites at the apple.
Sandro - Article in the Guardian on 15:03 - Jun 18 with 3110 viewsBoston

That regret bit would be mutual.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Sandro - Article in the Guardian on 15:57 - Jun 18 with 2986 viewsTacticalR

Another wreck we managed to pick up.

JudetheObtuse lays into him in the comments section.

Air hostess clique

Sandro - Article in the Guardian on 16:00 - Jun 18 with 2971 viewsNorthernr

Sandro - Article in the Guardian on 14:58 - Jun 18 by RBlock

As a Guardian reader, they don't half like to pump out these fluff pieces about poor feckless footballers trying to jumpstart their faltering careers, after years of being feckless. Caulker even got two bites at the apple.

That's how I knew it was nearly the new season again, when Caulker got his Guardian puff piece about how fit, changed, improved, mentally sound he suddenly is printed.
Sandro - Article in the Guardian on 16:29 - Jun 18 with 2873 viewsAntti_Heinola

Not a single mention by Sandro about how he was obviously injured - Poch would never have wanted him, would've been completely unable to play his game.
I have some sympathy on that he was great for Spurs at one point and injuries ruined him, but that wasn't QPR's fault.
That transfer stank then and it stinks today.

Bare bones.

Sandro - Article in the Guardian on 16:41 - Jun 18 with 2844 viewsPhildo

He is still only 31 in the way my broken clock has said it is still ten past three for the last 20 years
Sandro - Article in the Guardian on 16:48 - Jun 18 with 2823 viewsnix

Sandro - Article in the Guardian on 15:03 - Jun 18 by Boston

That regret bit would be mutual.

Absolutely this. In fact we regret it more. Absolutely useless for us and didn't even put in a shift!
Login to get fewer ads

Sandro - Article in the Guardian on 17:57 - Jun 18 with 2701 viewskensalriser

Sandro - Article in the Guardian on 16:29 - Jun 18 by Antti_Heinola

Not a single mention by Sandro about how he was obviously injured - Poch would never have wanted him, would've been completely unable to play his game.
I have some sympathy on that he was great for Spurs at one point and injuries ruined him, but that wasn't QPR's fault.

There are two mentions I counted.

Taking the QPR blinkers off, it's obvious that he'd remember his time at Spurs more fondly than his time at QPR. He'd be barking mad not to.

Not that it wasn't a terrible transfer of course.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2020 17:58]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Sandro - Article in the Guardian on 17:58 - Jun 18 with 2695 viewssmegma

Wiki says he’s 31
Sandro - Article in the Guardian on 18:08 - Jun 18 with 2655 viewsPunteR

im 90

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Sandro - Article in the Guardian on 19:07 - Jun 18 with 2572 viewsNorthernr

Sandro - Article in the Guardian on 17:58 - Jun 18 by smegma

Wiki says he’s 31

If Sandro is 31 I should still be in school.
Sandro - Article in the Guardian on 20:55 - Jun 18 with 2410 viewskensalriser

It's his professional age, very common in the entertainment industry.

Yeah I know, it's a stretch putting him in that category.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Sandro - Article in the Guardian on 02:01 - Jun 19 with 2180 viewsNewBee

Sandro - Article in the Guardian on 16:29 - Jun 18 by Antti_Heinola

I never saw him at QPR, so I'll take your word about him being terrible.

And if Arry Redknapp had his grubby mitts over the transfer, then that would explain a lot.

But think on this. Redknapp was a big success at Spurs, taking them to a new level with 4th, 5th and 4th placed finishes, plus some great European runs. And the secret? Daniel Levy had full control over all transfers/money, meaning that Redknapp had to concentrate solely on managing the players, which he was actually bloody good at.

But by the time Redknapp pitched up at QPR, the world and his wife knew from his record that letting him get involved in transfers was like giving an alcoholic his own key to the executive drinks cabinet. Which was why eg you got lumbered with Sandro.

Madness.
Sandro - Article in the Guardian on 06:36 - Jun 19 with 2110 viewsJuzzie

Sandro - Article in the Guardian on 02:01 - Jun 19 by NewBee

And if Arry Redknapp had his grubby mitts over the transfer, then that would explain a lot.

But think on this. Redknapp was a big success at Spurs, taking them to a new level with 4th, 5th and 4th placed finishes, plus some great European runs. And the secret? Daniel Levy had full control over all transfers/money, meaning that Redknapp had to concentrate solely on managing the players, which he was actually bloody good at.

But by the time Redknapp pitched up at QPR, the world and his wife knew from his record that letting him get involved in transfers was like giving an alcoholic his own key to the executive drinks cabinet. Which was why eg you got lumbered with Sandro.

Madness.

We got lumbered with about a dozen Sandro’s.

Giving both Hughes and Redknapp free reign was an utter disaster.

Hughes wasn’t so obvious, until Kajorbikasabian got involved then it was clear a car crash was going to happen, but it’s unforgivable to do the same with Redknapp who made Del Boy look straight.
Sandro - Article in the Guardian on 07:58 - Jun 19 with 2037 viewsdistortR

Sandro - Article in the Guardian on 20:55 - Jun 18 by kensalriser

It's his professional age, very common in the entertainment industry.

Yeah I know, it's a stretch putting him in that category.

tell me about it.

I'm a middle aged bloke still advertising myself as an attractive young blonde woman.

"So turn the facking lights off!"
Sandro - Article in the Guardian on 10:10 - Jun 19 with 1942 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sandro - Article in the Guardian on 02:01 - Jun 19 by NewBee

Madness.

Partially true.
He was something of a success there, and that gave him a stronger power base, at which point Levy had to cede some power, at which point despite his hatred for agents (ha ha ha) he signed Wilson Palacios and had three agents in different rooms dealing with it (allegedly).
The Redknapp machine is incredible, really. Spurs often out spent Arsenal, by some distance, yet if Arsenal came 4th Wenger was a failure, when Spurs came 4th it was a miracle.
Redknapp was so good at managing players he almost offloaded Bale to Birmingham.

Bare bones.

Sandro - Article in the Guardian on 11:54 - Jun 19 with 1856 viewsfrancisbowles

Sandro - Article in the Guardian on 10:10 - Jun 19 by Antti_Heinola

Partially true.
He was something of a success there, and that gave him a stronger power base, at which point Levy had to cede some power, at which point despite his hatred for agents (ha ha ha) he signed Wilson Palacios and had three agents in different rooms dealing with it (allegedly).
The Redknapp machine is incredible, really. Spurs often out spent Arsenal, by some distance, yet if Arsenal came 4th Wenger was a failure, when Spurs came 4th it was a miracle.
Redknapp was so good at managing players he almost offloaded Bale to Birmingham.

Well done Antti for stopping us all from getting a bit soft towards the money grabbing, cheating, lying...............'sole
Sandro - Article in the Guardian on 13:55 - Jun 19 with 1782 viewsCamberleyR

Sandro - Article in the Guardian on 10:10 - Jun 19 by Antti_Heinola

Partially true.

Forest wasn't it?

If Wiki is to be believed, Sandro has not even managed 250 pro games in 13 years!

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Sandro - Article in the Guardian on 13:59 - Jun 19 with 1768 viewsLeedsR

I’m sure he sits in the lower loft.....(!)
Sandro - Article in the Guardian on 14:16 - Jun 20 with 1532 viewsTGRRRSSS

Whilst it's true about Bale it wasnt till Redknapp took over that Bale started to turn into the player he became, before that he struggled to get in the 11 at all.

AS for Sandro - must we give credence to this clickbait?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024