Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man City dodge FFP 09:44 - Jul 13 with 5711 viewsNortholt_Rs

So FFP only applies to QPR then right?

https://www.skysports.com/football/live-blog/11679/12027060/manchester-city-awai

FFP must be dead now surely? Boils my P I S S.....

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Man City dodge FFP on 09:49 - Jul 13 with 3371 viewsdaveB

Not really, what they were charged with was disguising equity funding as sponsorship which City have proved was not the case, the breach they were in court for was very different to what we did under different rules
Man City dodge FFP on 09:51 - Jul 13 with 3359 viewsloftus77

Got to say, stuff City - what about Sheff Wed? Any news anyone know??
Man City dodge FFP on 09:54 - Jul 13 with 3336 viewsNortholt_Rs

Man City dodge FFP on 09:49 - Jul 13 by daveB

Not really, what they were charged with was disguising equity funding as sponsorship which City have proved was not the case, the breach they were in court for was very different to what we did under different rules

But they broke the FFP rules and got round it....like everybody else except us. City’s defence was based on the fact FFP has not been applied to other clubs and they cited the Neymar move to PSG and the Arthur deal with Juventus. So, if everybody is breaking the rules why can’t we? There are no rules! Look at Derby etc. It’s BS to see QPR is the only club to be penalised and crippled by FFP.

Man City dodge FFP on 09:59 - Jul 13 with 3310 viewsQPR_John

As I understand it they were not cleared of breaking the rules, I believe they still have a £10M fine, it was the extent of the punishment that was considered harsh.
Man City dodge FFP on 09:59 - Jul 13 with 3306 viewsdaveB

Man City dodge FFP on 09:54 - Jul 13 by Northolt_Rs

But they broke the FFP rules and got round it....like everybody else except us. City’s defence was based on the fact FFP has not been applied to other clubs and they cited the Neymar move to PSG and the Arthur deal with Juventus. So, if everybody is breaking the rules why can’t we? There are no rules! Look at Derby etc. It’s BS to see QPR is the only club to be penalised and crippled by FFP.

We're not the only club who have been punished though, the City case was very different to our one.

I guess we'll see when Sheff Wed and Derby cases are concluded if it is worth ignoring or not, think those 2 are far more relevant to us than the city one.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2020 10:00]
Man City dodge FFP on 10:01 - Jul 13 with 3293 viewsNortholt_Rs

Man City dodge FFP on 09:59 - Jul 13 by daveB

We're not the only club who have been punished though, the City case was very different to our one.

I guess we'll see when Sheff Wed and Derby cases are concluded if it is worth ignoring or not, think those 2 are far more relevant to us than the city one.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2020 10:00]

But....they broke the rules and have pretty much got away with it just like Brum, Derby, etc. Sheffield Weds will get off too... Which does mean FFP is seriously flawed and should not be allowed to cripple one club only.

Man City dodge FFP on 10:03 - Jul 13 with 3266 viewsQPR_John

Man City dodge FFP on 10:01 - Jul 13 by Northolt_Rs

But....they broke the rules and have pretty much got away with it just like Brum, Derby, etc. Sheffield Weds will get off too... Which does mean FFP is seriously flawed and should not be allowed to cripple one club only.

Again they have not got away with it they have been fined £10M. This is the route I think we should have taken that the punishment was excessive and disproportionate to the crime.
Man City dodge FFP on 10:05 - Jul 13 with 3252 viewsDannyPaddox

A City mate explained to me over the weekend it was nailed on the ban would be overturned and this will eventually lead to the unravelling of FFP rules. I wondered if there could be any future implications for our situation in light of retrospective laws being diminished. Mind you my first thought on Ghislaine Maxwell’s arrest was could this somehow lead to Oxford United being stripped of their 1986 Milk Cup Final win and the trophy being given to the runners-up - whoever they were.
Login to get fewer ads

Man City dodge FFP on 10:07 - Jul 13 with 3236 viewsdaveB

Man City dodge FFP on 10:01 - Jul 13 by Northolt_Rs

according to the appeal they didn't break them.

Birmingham got a 9 point deduction and the Derby and Sheff Wed cases are on going. If Derby and Sheff Wed get nothing then I completely agree with you
Man City dodge FFP on 10:16 - Jul 13 with 3187 viewstimcocking

We've known it from day 1
Man City dodge FFP on 10:45 - Jul 13 with 3089 viewsPhildo

They tried to stop them breaking in to the big boys club. That has not worked so it will have to be an invitation only euro super league.

Suspect in next 20 years promotion to an from top two leagues will go. it already likely in Rugby. They will say the clubs cannot survive otherwise but the shop will be closed.
Man City dodge FFP on 10:55 - Jul 13 with 3044 viewsRangers67

This result was as predictable as the R,s season petering out because most of the players don,t give a toss and some are already eyeing moves to other clubs after being " advised " by their agents to avoid injury etc. As has been demonstrated repeatedly the FA, the football league etc couldn,t run a bath and when it comes to the big boys, different rules apply, simple really.
Man City dodge FFP on 11:02 - Jul 13 with 3018 viewsNortholt_Rs

Man City dodge FFP on 10:07 - Jul 13 by daveB

according to the appeal they didn't break them.

Birmingham got a 9 point deduction and the Derby and Sheff Wed cases are on going. If Derby and Sheff Wed get nothing then I completely agree with you

But they have been fined an admittedly ludicrous 10 million....so they must have been found guilty of doing something wrong... The difference is their fine is pocket change to their nation state owners. Our fine has crippled the club for years. That cannot be fair. Our owners should be making plenty of noise about this clearly unfair situation. Meanwhile the FA allows complete charlatans to take ownership of clubs and destroy them - like at Bury and Wigan. T O S S E R S

Man City dodge FFP on 11:24 - Jul 13 with 2962 viewssuperhoopdownunder

The most stupid thing about our fine was the person representing us Nick De Marco (apparently a QPR fan) thinks we got a great result when all of us know we got a terrible outcome (compared with other clubs)
Another person that would have made loads of money from QPR as the case went on for years.
Man City dodge FFP on 11:28 - Jul 13 with 2949 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Our fine didn't cripple us, in fact it's only a few million a year and our owners are putting in far more than that.

What's hurting us is our continued adherence to the rules.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Man City dodge FFP on 11:50 - Jul 13 with 2891 viewskensalriser

Man City dodge FFP on 11:24 - Jul 13 by superhoopdownunder

The most stupid thing about our fine was the person representing us Nick De Marco (apparently a QPR fan) thinks we got a great result when all of us know we got a terrible outcome (compared with other clubs)
Another person that would have made loads of money from QPR as the case went on for years.

Maybe Nick's in a better position than most to make that conclusion.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Man City dodge FFP on 11:51 - Jul 13 with 2884 viewsClive_Anderson

They should have gone for a salary cap rather than defining acceptable losses if they wanted to make an even playing field. This would prevent the big clubs from hoarding all the best players and reduce costs for clubs across the board.

But of course they didn't want that, so went for this unworkable model instead.
Man City dodge FFP on 11:51 - Jul 13 with 2888 viewsQPR_John

Man City dodge FFP on 11:28 - Jul 13 by BrianMcCarthy

Our fine didn't cripple us, in fact it's only a few million a year and our owners are putting in far more than that.

Until the FL have been shown to be biased whether unitentionally or not in their treatment of clubs breaking FFP we have to adhere to the rules. Imagine their glee if we break the rules a second time our current predicament would be nothing to what they would inflict on us.
Man City dodge FFP on 11:54 - Jul 13 with 2877 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Man City dodge FFP on 11:51 - Jul 13 by QPR_John

Until the FL have been shown to be biased whether unitentionally or not in their treatment of clubs breaking FFP we have to adhere to the rules. Imagine their glee if we break the rules a second time our current predicament would be nothing to what they would inflict on us.

I agree, John. We have no choice under the present rules. I wouldn't like to see us try to circumvent it by e.g selling our ground.

Man City dodge FFP on 11:58 - Jul 13 with 2857 viewskensalriser

Man City dodge FFP on 11:51 - Jul 13 by Clive_Anderson

They should have gone for a salary cap rather than defining acceptable losses if they wanted to make an even playing field. This would prevent the big clubs from hoarding all the best players and reduce costs for clubs across the board.

But of course they didn't want that, so went for this unworkable model instead.

Isn't a salary cap unworkable though? So many clubs now are owned from overseas now you can easily imagine the extras paid from one Cayman Islands account to another.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Man City dodge FFP on 12:06 - Jul 13 with 2830 viewsRangersDave

while the turkeys keep voting for christmas, i cannot see anything changing.

However, it might prove advantageous to consider further legal action against the EFL for unfair restriction of trade and rules not being applied fairly across the league.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Man City dodge FFP on 12:08 - Jul 13 with 2820 viewsNortholt_Rs

Fair point Brian.

Man City dodge FFP on 12:11 - Jul 13 with 2807 viewsdaveB

Man City dodge FFP on 11:58 - Jul 13 by kensalriser

Isn't a salary cap unworkable though? So many clubs now are owned from overseas now you can easily imagine the extras paid from one Cayman Islands account to another.

not really, it's easier to manage than the current rules, could work it that cap is at a set amount and you have 2 seasons to get to it which is doable for relegated teams
Man City dodge FFP on 12:24 - Jul 13 with 2756 viewsrsonist

It's time the board were held to account for not employing the most duplicitous and conniving legal, financial, and real estate professionals available.
Man City dodge FFP on 12:26 - Jul 13 with 2747 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Man City dodge FFP on 12:24 - Jul 13 by rsonist

It's time the board were held to account for not employing the most duplicitous and conniving legal, financial, and real estate professionals available.

I mean, they haven't even rang me!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024