Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watford Game Saturday 16:04 - Nov 17 with 4114 viewsNorthantsHoop

Really hope we can get one over on Watford on Saturday. Can't stand them, goes back to our wonderful passing football in the early 80s under Venables, and Watford with their boring long ball football under Taylor.
Watford Game Saturday on 16:08 - Nov 17 with 3382 viewsNorthernr

Their record this season is weird as fck. Go through periods of looking like a dire 1-0, 0-0, 0-1 team just looking to grind its way back, then suddenly two 3-2 wins in a week.
Watford Game Saturday on 19:41 - Nov 17 with 3169 viewsNov77

Our 'cup final'?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Watford Game Saturday on 23:02 - Nov 17 with 2999 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I couldn't name you you one Watford player. Is T-Roy Deaney fit? Really want to win this but I've not seen enough from us to suggest an upset.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Watford Game Saturday on 08:11 - Nov 18 with 2884 viewsWatford_Ranger

Watford Game Saturday on 23:02 - Nov 17 by CliveWilsonSaid

I couldn't name you you one Watford player. Is T-Roy Deaney fit? Really want to win this but I've not seen enough from us to suggest an upset.

They look a very strong side. Good mix of experience and yooof and physically strong and quick. We’ll do well to lay a glove on them but straight after a break is probably the best time to play them.
Watford Game Saturday on 09:08 - Nov 18 with 2808 viewswood_hoop

I will inject a bit more hope, seems that Watford not so great away from away home.
There one win away so far against Derby 0-1,

Not going to stick neck out too far, but draw does look a more likely result.

Away table

21 Watford 5 1 2 2 2 3
22 Nottingham Forest 5 1 1 3 2 5
23 Wycombe Wanderers 6 1 0 5 3 13
24 Coventry City 6 0 1 5 4 11
Watford Game Saturday on 10:07 - Nov 18 with 2744 viewsterryb

Believe me, the Taylor side played beatiful football compared to the Ken Furphy 3rd/2nddivision team of the late 60's early 70's.

They used to tell us that Rodney Green was better than Rodney Marsh. Mind you, he could play a lot more than Barry Endean!

They won the 3rd division (Swindon were runners up) with nine donkeys, Keith Eddy & the superb Stewart Scullion. Eddy did all the defending & Scullion all the creation.

My reply to why did you become a Rangers fan, was always "Watford were our local FL club, but we only went to Vicaridge Road to laugh"!
[Post edited 18 Nov 2020 10:38]
Watford Game Saturday on 10:20 - Nov 18 with 2723 viewsTheChef

Watford Game Saturday on 08:11 - Nov 18 by Watford_Ranger

They look a very strong side. Good mix of experience and yooof and physically strong and quick. We’ll do well to lay a glove on them but straight after a break is probably the best time to play them.

Bottom line is they have a better quality squad than we do.

My Watford mate is not feeling too confident but at the end of the day, I'd take a point now if it was offered.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Watford Game Saturday on 11:53 - Nov 18 with 2669 viewsLazyFan

Watford Game Saturday on 10:20 - Nov 18 by TheChef

Bottom line is they have a better quality squad than we do.

My Watford mate is not feeling too confident but at the end of the day, I'd take a point now if it was offered.

Agreed.
They are a strong side with some players who could still play in the Prem.

I doubt at this stage we have any players who would be a Prem player, even in a squad. our last two sales to Prem clubs resulted in the first being loaned back to the Champ after a few sub appearances and the last one has only just broken through. And they were our best players way and above our improving squad right now.

Draw would be like Win for us as many teams will lose to Watford.

zzzzzzzzzz

Login to get fewer ads

Watford Game Saturday on 13:14 - Nov 18 with 2588 viewsNorthantsHoop

A draw would be a good result for us, if we go at them as we did against Cardiff then good chance of a win, as long as we cut out the defensive errors and don't concede too early.
Watford Game Saturday on 15:07 - Nov 18 with 2518 viewsfrancisbowles

If the 5 subs rule is in in time for Saturday, then it just got harder.
Watford Game Saturday on 16:12 - Nov 18 with 2481 viewsPinnerPaul

Watford Game Saturday on 15:07 - Nov 18 by francisbowles

If the 5 subs rule is in in time for Saturday, then it just got harder.

Voila!

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/november/efl-statement-five-substitutes/
Watford Game Saturday on 16:15 - Nov 18 with 2478 viewsPinnerPaul

Odds from Mr Power

Us 11/5
Draw 11/5
Them 6/5
Watford Game Saturday (n/t) on 16:36 - Nov 18 with 2455 viewsLowerloftLad

[Post edited 18 Nov 2020 16:37]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Watford Game Saturday on 16:38 - Nov 18 with 2446 viewsLowerloftLad

Watford Game Saturday on 11:53 - Nov 18 by LazyFan

Agreed.
They are a strong side with some players who could still play in the Prem.

I doubt at this stage we have any players who would be a Prem player, even in a squad. our last two sales to Prem clubs resulted in the first being loaned back to the Champ after a few sub appearances and the last one has only just broken through. And they were our best players way and above our improving squad right now.

Draw would be like Win for us as many teams will lose to Watford.

eze is kicking on at palace

furlong is starting most weeks at west brom

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Watford Game Saturday on 17:27 - Nov 18 with 2390 viewsPaddyhoops

Was one of the away games I was hoping to get to having been resident here for 20 odd years or so.
Take a point and we might get one.
They're hardly pulling up any trees!
Watford Game Saturday on 17:34 - Nov 19 with 2178 viewsloftus77

Really want this - and would love us to put one over on that lot.

But- sigh - if I had the choice, I guess 3 pts from the next home game on Tuesday would be much more important....
Watford Game Saturday on 10:00 - Nov 20 with 1934 viewsMyke

Watford Game Saturday on 17:27 - Nov 18 by Paddyhoops

Was one of the away games I was hoping to get to having been resident here for 20 odd years or so.
Take a point and we might get one.
They're hardly pulling up any trees!

Nobody in the Championship really is - including Forest
Watford Game Saturday on 18:32 - Nov 20 with 1750 viewsbosh67

Tough game. Watford are quick and decent. As Clive said some very strange results but for me they are the strongest squad in the league. For us it will depend if Dykes is fit enough to play and if the squad are generally available.

I am concerned that there is no news about Thomas, who seems to be no closer to playing and BOS who certainly isn't the same player at the moment.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Watford Game Saturday on 19:46 - Nov 20 with 1709 viewsNorthantsHoop

I know it does not count, but we have a fantastic head to head record against Watford. COYRssss
Watford Game Saturday on 12:16 - Nov 21 with 1586 viewsTGRRRSSS

Very tough game, we hardly ever get a result against Watford home or away - though I remember the Nyugaard win at their place - (4-1?) some years back, butb generally they seem to beat us regardless, and I think today is no exception.

3-1 Watford - and frankly I'm not sure we'll get 1...
Watford Game Saturday on 12:51 - Nov 21 with 1567 viewskensalriser

Even in the Adel season we managed to lose to Watford and it wasn’t even close. Danny Graham destroyed us.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Watford Game Saturday on 13:05 - Nov 21 with 1548 viewsWatford_Ranger

Watford Game Saturday on 12:16 - Nov 21 by TGRRRSSS

Very tough game, we hardly ever get a result against Watford home or away - though I remember the Nyugaard win at their place - (4-1?) some years back, butb generally they seem to beat us regardless, and I think today is no exception.

3-1 Watford - and frankly I'm not sure we'll get 1...

There was an unexpected 4-2 at theirs with Balanta randomly thrown in and barely seen again but played well on what I think was his debut.

Horrible feeling we’re getting thumped today but my hunches are rarely correct with Rangers. Would be great to go to Brentford without the pressure of 0 or 1 point from these two home games.
Watford Game Saturday on 13:06 - Nov 21 with 1548 viewsDavieQPR

Watford seem at the moment to be a team that can do defence or attack but not both in the same match. So we could have a 1-0 or 4-3 either way.
Watford Game Saturday on 13:18 - Nov 21 with 1531 viewsDorse

I just don't like them. There, I've said it.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Watford Game Saturday on 14:02 - Nov 21 with 1480 viewsNov77

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024