Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Millers Match Thread 10:12 - Nov 24 with 31269 viewsPinnerPaul

Double checked, can't see one so here goes!

1-0 win and Dykes to break his open play duck I'll go for.
Millers Match Thread on 21:09 - Nov 24 with 1521 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I never notice opposition players being shit, but Blackman is terrible.
Millers Match Thread on 21:09 - Nov 24 with 1518 viewsCiderwithRsie

Job done, but I wish we could do some damage to the goal difference. It has kept us one or more places down the league table for too much of Warbs' time here.

Don't want to sound mealy-mouthed because as Clive said before hand the typical QPR thing would have been to lose and we never even looked like doing that, I'm just flagging up one of the things I'd like to see improve in the second half of the season as the team builds on what's been done so far.
Millers Match Thread on 21:09 - Nov 24 with 1503 viewsactonman

Made fking hard work of that 2nd half , the one thing you don’t do against teams like that is constantly give the ball back to them or give them the opportunity to keep launching it forward !!

Not rocket science

Thank fcuk that’s over , onto Brentford
Millers Match Thread on 21:10 - Nov 24 with 1489 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Millers Match Thread on 21:07 - Nov 24 by Superhoop83

I think Bonne just beat the offside world record.

The Ghost of Dominic Iorfa.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Millers Match Thread on 21:11 - Nov 24 with 1459 viewsnightwish

Thought both our full backs had bad games tonight
Millers Match Thread on 21:11 - Nov 24 with 1459 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Millers Match Thread on 21:08 - Nov 24 by EmpireStateRanger

Think Friday will determine what kind of season we'll be in for.

I think Friday will determine what kind of Friday we're in for.

Millers Match Thread on 21:12 - Nov 24 with 1443 viewsStanisgod

Millers Match Thread on 21:07 - Nov 24 by Superhoop83

I think Bonne just beat the offside world record.

Sorry but I'm not impressed.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Millers Match Thread on 21:12 - Nov 24 with 1429 viewsBlackCrowe

Dieng and Willock....a whole heap of promise there.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Login to get fewer ads

Millers Match Thread on 21:13 - Nov 24 with 1424 viewsslmrstid

Millers Match Thread on 21:09 - Nov 24 by CiderwithRsie

Job done, but I wish we could do some damage to the goal difference. It has kept us one or more places down the league table for too much of Warbs' time here.

Don't want to sound mealy-mouthed because as Clive said before hand the typical QPR thing would have been to lose and we never even looked like doing that, I'm just flagging up one of the things I'd like to see improve in the second half of the season as the team builds on what's been done so far.

I'd agree with that, quite often when we lose we seem to lose very easily by more than one goal, but trying to win by more than a goal feels an absolute ordeal sometimes. As does winning by just one goal
Millers Match Thread on 21:14 - Nov 24 with 1396 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Millers Match Thread on 21:11 - Nov 24 by nightwish

Thought both our full backs had bad games tonight

I though Niko was very good until about the 65-70 minute mark, and then either tired mentally or physically starting with those two sliding challenges. After that his positioning was off and his touch deserted him. He looked well tired by the end.

I thought that Kakay needed to be given a rest early in the second half. Nothing went right for him tonight. All players have games like that, but with 5 subs available, and only 3 used it seemed odd to have both still on for the duration.

Millers Match Thread on 21:16 - Nov 24 with 1348 viewsjoe90

We were excellent for 70mins or so until Rotherham deployed their long ball strategy which proved to be effective for them.

We played with intensity that's hard to maintain over 90mins. We need a plan of action for shutting down games as tonight showed how easily we can be undone by rudimentary tactics.

Well done Rangers, good performance and result.
Millers Match Thread on 21:17 - Nov 24 with 1324 viewsdavman

Comfortable 60 minutes then panic stations. Wycombe and Rotherham should just play us with a 5-0-5 formation and pump those balls straight up top. Yes, Dickie will make a difference, but that was ugly, effective football from Rotherham in that last 30 minutes. They scared us so much we lost the ability to keep the ball which resulted in wave after wave of aerial assault,

Tippy Tappy CBs can't cope with that.

Some real Jekyll and Hide games out there - Hamalaiman and Ball in particular. Superb first 2/3rds then dross.

...but as Andy Sinton said, a wins a win...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Millers Match Thread on 21:17 - Nov 24 with 1317 viewsderbyhoop

The 1st half flew by, the 2nd was dreadful. If I had to watch Rotherham every week I'd stop watching. Big team. Lump it up and fight for 2nd ball. Like something from Div 4 in the 1960s.

We stood up to the battering fairly well, but we'd have been more comfortable if we hadn't kept giving the ball away.

1 takeaway - how much do we miss Cameron when he isn't patrolling in front of the back 4 or adding an aerial presence?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Millers Match Thread on 21:17 - Nov 24 with 1313 viewsdavman

Millers Match Thread on 19:19 - Nov 24 by BrianMcCarthy

Bosman?

Under rated, Mr. McCarthy - good work!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Millers Match Thread on 21:17 - Nov 24 with 1312 viewsjoolsyp

Millers Match Thread on 20:59 - Nov 24 by Phildo

Hurtled up to 14th lads

13th now! (Brentford winning has put Barnsley below us). Mid-table excitement!
Millers Match Thread on 21:18 - Nov 24 with 1290 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Millers Match Thread on 21:14 - Nov 24 by BrianMcCarthy

I though Niko was very good until about the 65-70 minute mark, and then either tired mentally or physically starting with those two sliding challenges. After that his positioning was off and his touch deserted him. He looked well tired by the end.

I thought that Kakay needed to be given a rest early in the second half. Nothing went right for him tonight. All players have games like that, but with 5 subs available, and only 3 used it seemed odd to have both still on for the duration.

Yeah Niko faded near the end, just as Rotherham got a second wind.

Gingering I believe it's called.
Millers Match Thread on 21:19 - Nov 24 with 1273 viewsMyke

Thanks Brian for all the 'commentary' as always. To be fair, second half aerial bombardment sounds like it was made for Dickie to be MOM. While the lads stood up to it reasonably well, I think that Masterson and Barbet are too similar in style to really gel together, except maybe as a three with Dickie in the middle. That might actually work quite well and quick strikers as Masterson is no slouch.
Anyway, great three points and good to have our attacking players off the mark. After a slow start (out of position/ getting used to no Eze?), Chair seems to be hitting the kind of form we were hoping for this season.We are motoring away quite nicely and whatever happens on Friday night, we can breathe easy for the moment
[Post edited 24 Nov 2020 21:32]
Millers Match Thread on 21:21 - Nov 24 with 1223 viewsHAYESBOY

Certainly a game of two halves. Great going forward first half and then second half we forgot to play football and got drawn into a battle.
We've got to learn to shut down crosses though. For their first goal he had all day to get the ball in.

What a horrible team to watch though. Thought Smith caught Masterson with a sly elbow first half on the replay. Crookes leaving his foot in everywhere.

A good 3 points though.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Millers Match Thread on 21:23 - Nov 24 with 1194 viewsHunterhoop

Agree. Niko was good for the first hour. Kakay had a very poor game. One to forget.

But the broader point you’re alluding to is ultimately that Warbs didn’t manage that second half well. I’m no Cameron fan, but taking off our tallest player with 15min left and an aerial bombardment about to obviously begin, was very odd. Bringing on Bonne and going 2 up front, when you’re two up and they’re going long seemed odd too. None of it worked. We ceded all possession and momentum.

Yes, the players lost their brains in the last 15. We’re clearly a side that doesn’t know “how” to win, but I’m not sure Warbs’ changes helped us given the oppo and their likely only route to scoring...
Millers Match Thread on 21:23 - Nov 24 with 1187 viewsNed_Kennedys

Agreed, Kakay had a poor game and Niko struggled last 20 mins, would've replaced both.
Good use of all his 5 subs by the Rotherham manager kept fresh legs on the pitch for them and the pressure on us.
All our subs weakened us I'm afraid, we certainly missed Cameron towards the end.
Fantastic forward play by us in the first half, it was a joy to watch whilst it lasted.
Millers Match Thread on 21:25 - Nov 24 with 1145 viewsCiderwithRsie

Millers Match Thread on 21:17 - Nov 24 by joolsyp

13th now! (Brentford winning has put Barnsley below us). Mid-table excitement!

If we can beat Brentford 9-0 on Friday we go above them on GD and we're all happy.

I don't ask for much.
Millers Match Thread on 21:27 - Nov 24 with 1099 viewsHunterhoop

Millers Match Thread on 21:19 - Nov 24 by Myke

Thanks Brian for all the 'commentary' as always. To be fair, second half aerial bombardment sounds like it was made for Dickie to be MOM. While the lads stood up to it reasonably well, I think that Masterson and Barbet are too similar in style to really gel together, except maybe as a three with Dickie in the middle. That might actually work quite well and quick strikers as Masterson is no slouch.
Anyway, great three points and good to have our attacking players off the mark. After a slow start (out of position/ getting used to no Eze?), Chair seems to be hitting the kind of form we were hoping for this season.We are motoring away quite nicely and whatever happens on Friday night, we can breathe easy for the moment
[Post edited 24 Nov 2020 21:32]

Masterson is comfortably the slowest of the 3. Watch the first 15 mins and one long ball into the channel in behind Kakay. Masterson has a 3 yard head start and got outpaced by their big target man. Watch Charlton away last season in lockdown.

Masterson has potential but he is painfully slow but not physically strong enough either. He either needs to get quicker (very tough) or get a lot stronger and bigger and become a more physical type of centre half. He is no sweeper though.
Millers Match Thread on 21:27 - Nov 24 with 1097 viewsbosh67

Well this was a game we could have tripped over tonight so glad we got the job done. Rotherham are a decent team and I actually think they'll stay up this year.

However, not a performance that fills me with confidence for our match at Legoland on Friday night.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Millers Match Thread on 21:27 - Nov 24 with 1090 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Millers Match Thread on 21:23 - Nov 24 by Hunterhoop

Agree. Niko was good for the first hour. Kakay had a very poor game. One to forget.

But the broader point you’re alluding to is ultimately that Warbs didn’t manage that second half well. I’m no Cameron fan, but taking off our tallest player with 15min left and an aerial bombardment about to obviously begin, was very odd. Bringing on Bonne and going 2 up front, when you’re two up and they’re going long seemed odd too. None of it worked. We ceded all possession and momentum.

Yes, the players lost their brains in the last 15. We’re clearly a side that doesn’t know “how” to win, but I’m not sure Warbs’ changes helped us given the oppo and their likely only route to scoring...

Bear in mind Cameron is 35 and playing Rotherham is an athletic endeavour.
Millers Match Thread on 21:29 - Nov 24 with 1044 viewsloftus77

Well done the Rangers. That one mattered. Never easy but job done.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024