Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time to drop BOS 20:33 - Dec 15 with 4187 viewsNed_Kennedys

Anonymous today and making less impact game by game: surely time to pick players who want to at least play the rest of the season with us. He’s best suited to being an impact player off the bench to run at tiring opposition defenders as he clearly isn’t bothered to give his all over a full game nowadays.
Time to drop BOS on 20:43 - Dec 15 with 3166 viewspaulparker

Seems to be wearing clown shoes as everytime he gets to the byline he slips on his arse

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Time to drop BOS on 20:45 - Dec 15 with 3159 viewsLongsufferingR

May be trying not to get injured before his move. If that's the case, I'd drop him now and let's see what Thomas is made of
Time to drop BOS on 20:48 - Dec 15 with 3140 viewsWatford_Ranger

Time to drop BOS on 20:45 - Dec 15 by LongsufferingR

May be trying not to get injured before his move. If that's the case, I'd drop him now and let's see what Thomas is made of

Glass presumably.

Yeah Bright was poor today, though I thought the kid marking him first half was excellent. He still skinned Fox second half and put in the sort of cross most of our team could only dream of.
Time to drop BOS on 20:53 - Dec 15 with 3084 viewsHastings_Hoops

Would certainly allow us to change formation, which is much needed in my opinion.

3-5-2 / 5-3-2... Masterson/kakay, Barbet and Dickie in a back 3, which would also allow our ‘wing-backs’ a bit more grace with their defending frailties.
Time to drop BOS on 20:58 - Dec 15 with 3052 viewsbosh67

I am not going to be too harsh on BOS. He's a kid and he's been very badly advised. I think we aren't seeing a player that's unhappy to play for us but more one who's simply unhappy.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Time to drop BOS on 21:12 - Dec 15 with 2986 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Time to drop BOS on 20:48 - Dec 15 by Watford_Ranger

Glass presumably.

Yeah Bright was poor today, though I thought the kid marking him first half was excellent. He still skinned Fox second half and put in the sort of cross most of our team could only dream of.

That cross was great and the commentator said Dykes did not get off the ground to attack it .He also said BOS could have tried to shoot across the keeper on his snap chance .We have been saying that for months on here ,slam it across ,the keeper will palm it away simple rebound to an open net .
Switch Willock and BOS on Saturday let BOS cut inside on his strong foot and Willock can send in crosses on his good side .Its worth trying something different
Time to drop BOS on 21:18 - Dec 15 with 2952 viewsMalintabuk

Time to drop BOS on 20:58 - Dec 15 by bosh67

I am not going to be too harsh on BOS. He's a kid and he's been very badly advised. I think we aren't seeing a player that's unhappy to play for us but more one who's simply unhappy.

Totally agree with that and can't begrudge someone wanting to further their career
But in the same vein it seems he is not now totally committed to the team. We can't obviously know what is going on behind the scenes but his play really does not warrant a place
If he is going then good luck son and drop him for someone who is staying.... if he is staying and is just having a bad run of form then perhaps a rest will do him good. Either way I think the management need to play someone else
[Post edited 15 Dec 2020 21:20]
Time to drop BOS on 21:21 - Dec 15 with 2920 viewsflynnbo

Maybe they were hoping he'd shine with the exposure with TV and increase his price?
Login to get fewer ads

Time to drop BOS on 21:21 - Dec 15 with 2921 viewsMickS

Time to drop BOS on 21:12 - Dec 15 by CLAREMAN1995

That cross was great and the commentator said Dykes did not get off the ground to attack it .He also said BOS could have tried to shoot across the keeper on his snap chance .We have been saying that for months on here ,slam it across ,the keeper will palm it away simple rebound to an open net .
Switch Willock and BOS on Saturday let BOS cut inside on his strong foot and Willock can send in crosses on his good side .Its worth trying something different

If it’s the one I’m thinking of, it came of the top of a Stoke boot and took it away as a chance for Dykes. Similar to the Chair ball across in the first half.

Not digging you at all CM - the man, like our club wouldn’t mind a little good break, here and there. Things need fixing , we are not that bad - not in my house anyway. We all know we need to improve.
Time to drop BOS on 21:22 - Dec 15 with 2903 viewsted_hendrix

Bosh he is 22 years old not really a kid anymore in my opinion.

I Haven't got a clue what's happened to him but he's not doing himself or us any favours at the moment, he should be our *go to bloke* at the moment but sadly It's not happening.

As for dropping him? whoa hang on there I don't know about that.

The club comes first not the player, not sure what's going on with his form, maybe as most Posters are saying he don't want to get Injured, but that's no good to us.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Time to drop BOS on 21:26 - Dec 15 with 2889 viewsMickS

Time to drop BOS on 21:22 - Dec 15 by ted_hendrix

Bosh he is 22 years old not really a kid anymore in my opinion.

I Haven't got a clue what's happened to him but he's not doing himself or us any favours at the moment, he should be our *go to bloke* at the moment but sadly It's not happening.

As for dropping him? whoa hang on there I don't know about that.

The club comes first not the player, not sure what's going on with his form, maybe as most Posters are saying he don't want to get Injured, but that's no good to us.

With you Ted - get everything that might benefit the club out of him before he leaves.
Time to drop BOS on 21:32 - Dec 15 with 2853 viewsessextaxiboy

Time to drop BOS on 21:21 - Dec 15 by MickS

If it’s the one I’m thinking of, it came of the top of a Stoke boot and took it away as a chance for Dykes. Similar to the Chair ball across in the first half.

Not digging you at all CM - the man, like our club wouldn’t mind a little good break, here and there. Things need fixing , we are not that bad - not in my house anyway. We all know we need to improve.

There is no doubt he is being treated differrently than Manning and Lumley in similar circumstances . More than once I have thought that may cause unrest in the squad .
Teams are routinely doubling up on him now and he has encountered some of the best full.backs in the division in recent weeks ,this does not need to drag on through Jan IMO
Time to drop BOS on 22:16 - Dec 15 with 2707 viewsWokingham_r

it was interesting to see again tonight how the opposition always put 2 or 3 on him as soon as he gets the ball. This has been happening in all our games for a while. The other teams know that he is a real threat and fast to break away, given the chance.
They don't have to double or treble mark any other of our players.
This may make seem less effective but there's a reason for it.
Time to drop BOS on 23:33 - Dec 15 with 2527 viewsstainrods_elbow

Time to drop BOS on 22:16 - Dec 15 by Wokingham_r

it was interesting to see again tonight how the opposition always put 2 or 3 on him as soon as he gets the ball. This has been happening in all our games for a while. The other teams know that he is a real threat and fast to break away, given the chance.
They don't have to double or treble mark any other of our players.
This may make seem less effective but there's a reason for it.

My main issue is that he, his team mates and our manager seem unable to realise that this double/triple-marking means there is more space for the supporting players to work in if BOS can only release the ball in dangerous areas once in a while. It's just witless!
[Post edited 15 Dec 2020 23:34]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Time to drop BOS on 00:33 - Dec 16 with 2481 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Time to drop BOS on 23:33 - Dec 15 by stainrods_elbow

My main issue is that he, his team mates and our manager seem unable to realise that this double/triple-marking means there is more space for the supporting players to work in if BOS can only release the ball in dangerous areas once in a while. It's just witless!

This ! he is a marked man and our players need to be alert for the pass because they are likely free .However BOS does not appear to want to include his teammates and thats why today nobody was ready/attacked his great cross .
I truly believe losing Eze has effected him the most now the target is on his back because he can be the matchwinner if he cares of course and getting double and triple teamed is bad for the health so he might be too careful
Time to drop BOS on 01:01 - Dec 16 with 2449 viewsCiderwithRsie

If so, this really is time for Warburton to put an arm around his shoulder and try to find out what's going on in there.
Time to drop BOS on 08:28 - Dec 16 with 2203 viewsQPROslo

Time to drop BOS on 23:33 - Dec 15 by stainrods_elbow

Chair also seemed to be double / triple marked yesterday, and before, so there must be space that runners from midfield and the strikers should be utilising. Problem is with Amos out, we don't have runners from midfield, and Dykes and Bonne arent good enough.
Time to drop BOS on 08:35 - Dec 16 with 2183 viewskernowhoop

We can play without him, but without the threat presented by his pace. Bearing in mind how laborious our other attacking efforts can be, could we manage without a speedy winger? Bright changes the attacking style and when he is going through the gears, he raises our hopes and scares defenders. Can we cope without that? Hope so.
Time to drop BOS on 08:59 - Dec 16 with 2104 viewsstevec

BOS may well be protecting himself but he still gets triple marked so he must be doing something right.

I’m always a bit suspect when I hear the words 33 year old and winger in the same sentence and nothing I saw last night convinces me I’ll be changing that anytime soon.

Willock has potential but the thought of him sitting in front of the left back fills me with dread. Noticeable last night that we weren’t getting picked off down that side with Willock on the bench till late on.

BOS also did a shift tracking back for Kane too.

All in all we are desperately short on good players, BOS may have a face on but he’s still one of the best we’ve got.
Time to drop BOS on 09:17 - Dec 16 with 2071 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Dropping BOS would be like burning down your house before you’ve found somewhere else to live. Same goes for Dykes, same goes for sacking Warburton.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2020 9:18]
Time to drop BOS on 09:41 - Dec 16 with 2007 viewsDevon_4_England

Not sure we would get a reaction out of BOS by dropping him to the bench or out of the match day squad right now.

We need our best players out there and I would have a go at playing BOS up top with Dykes with Adomah & Willock on the wings & LTC in the middle with Chair & Ball.

Dickie, Barbet & Masterson at the back.

The question in this formation is whether Adomah & Willock will do the work tracking back. If the answer is yes & everyone is fit then try it at Wycombe. Bright is off in January would rather see him go out firing before he goes and the price goes up. I appreciate Warbs may need to take him out if his head has gone and we don’t know what he’s doing in training. Looks unhappy though, who’s got Steve Black’s number?

The current playing system isn’t creative enough to score enough goals to win games and a few goals will cheer everyone up no end and gives us a puncher’s chance of beating Wycombe.
Not sure it’s must win but crikey we all need a lift so fcuk it let’s go all out attack.
Replicate the first half at home to Bristol City and we’ll be fine.

Besides I’m out of work again after today so forgive me my positivity this morning I’m on the coffee !
Time to drop BOS on 10:03 - Dec 16 with 1944 viewsMole_Senior

What frustrated me most about BOS last night was that he played the entire first half on the left? Aside from Birmingham away that time when he scored 'that' goal, every other time he's played out on the left he's been anonymous - probably not his choice, but come on lad, put in a shift at least?

When he did switch back to the right, he was up against Fox who is probably slower than me and only tried to attack him once; the 71st minute to be precise!

I can remember at the start of Warburton's reign we played 3-5-2 and BOS couldn't get in the side. I wonder if a change in formation might change our fortunes and a couple of tweaks in personnel rather than changing the manager - AGAIN!
Time to drop BOS on 10:16 - Dec 16 with 1913 viewsAntti_Heinola

While I agree BOS is not close to top form, I think charges of 'not trying' are harsh and he's being heavily marked in every game now. He may benefit from a rest though.
I also think people are judging him on a purple patch of about 6-8 weeks from about a year ago. His form at the mo is not too dissimilar to what it was about this time last year.

Bare bones.

Time to drop BOS on 10:24 - Dec 16 with 1893 viewsgazza1

He should start every game providing he is fit, our most threatening player but we have not got many threatening players!! Best wide man at the Club, why the hell would you 'rest him' or give him a break!! Don't play him and the oppo would be over the moon and take away a big defensive issue for them.

Moving on, Premiership player, I doubt it very much......he may play a few games and that would be about it.
Time to drop BOS on 10:28 - Dec 16 with 1886 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Granted, not by a massive margin, but he is our top assister and second top goalscorer.

Remember when Phillips was the top assister in Europe and we called him lazy. It’s all well and good getting angry and calling for his head, but these numbers need replacing.

Agree with Antii, his purple patch has set a high bar that he’s struggling to reach again. As is the story with many of our top performers over the last decade, he simply wouldn’t be with us if he was consistently performing at that level over several years.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024