Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Creeket is back 10:55 - Jan 14 with 30631 viewsMrSheen

That crept up on me. Looks like it might be another three day game. Root and Bairstow could do with an upturn in form.
Creeket is back on 07:33 - Feb 7 with 1598 viewsjohnhoop

Creeket is back on 07:00 - Feb 7 by qprd

I know. No one should have to walk. India shouldn’t have burnt their reviews (as I said much higher on the thread, before the buttler catch). But when you criticize another professional endlessly for not following the “spirit of cricket” and you hold yourself out as such, then it is hypocritical if you don’t walk

England in drivers seat. Massive scoreboard pressure

Disagree completely with the idea that not walking while a decision is being reviewed by DRS is in any way comparable with running someone out while they're backing up, which really is against the spirit of the game. It's into Trevor Chappell "grubber" territory.
Anyway, game on, as Dom Bess has Kohli taken at short leg from a perfectly pitched off-break.
Creeket is back on 07:35 - Feb 7 with 1582 viewsdenhamhoop2

Good luck batting last on this pitch slowly but surely it will break up quite fancy Stokes to cause big problems bowling just short of a length
Creeket is back on 07:50 - Feb 7 with 1571 viewsjohnhoop

And then an amazing one handed diving catch by Root to dismiss Rahane off a Bess full bunger!
[Post edited 7 Feb 2021 7:50]
Creeket is back on 08:14 - Feb 7 with 1542 viewsGloryHunter

Sorry if been asked before, but does anyone know where to get TMS on the radio? 5Live Sports Extra is just adverts for itself.
Creeket is back on 08:27 - Feb 7 with 1529 viewsMrSheen

Creeket is back on 08:14 - Feb 7 by GloryHunter

Sorry if been asked before, but does anyone know where to get TMS on the radio? 5Live Sports Extra is just adverts for itself.

It’s on Talksport, probably Talksport2. Easy to find online and on Radioplayer
Creeket is back on 08:52 - Feb 7 with 1514 viewsGloryHunter

Creeket is back on 08:27 - Feb 7 by MrSheen

It’s on Talksport, probably Talksport2. Easy to find online and on Radioplayer

Thanks, but can't find anything there. Talksport is American football, and Talksport2 is blank.
Creeket is back on 09:03 - Feb 7 with 1505 viewstoboboly

Creeket is back on 08:52 - Feb 7 by GloryHunter

Thanks, but can't find anything there. Talksport is American football, and Talksport2 is blank.

Its definitely on talksport 2. Access online.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Creeket is back on 09:08 - Feb 7 with 1497 viewsGloryHunter

Creeket is back on 09:03 - Feb 7 by toboboly

Its definitely on talksport 2. Access online.

Gotcha, thanks. Not on DAB.
I was hoping for the old TMS team, but I guess because Channel 4 have it, they are redundant.
Login to get fewer ads

Creeket is back on 09:13 - Feb 7 with 1490 viewsBlackCrowe

Creeket is back on 09:08 - Feb 7 by GloryHunter

I was hoping for the old TMS team, but I guess because Channel 4 have it, they are redundant.

As if it needed proving, Talksport's coverage highlights just how good TMS is.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Creeket is back on 09:47 - Feb 7 with 1467 viewstoboboly

Creeket is back on 09:13 - Feb 7 by BlackCrowe

As if it needed proving, Talksport's coverage highlights just how good TMS is.

Talksport isn't amazing but the current TMS is a shadow of what it used to be. Dan Norcross in particular is terrible.

Creeket is back on 13:25 - Feb 7 with 1393 viewsBlackCrowe

Agree, but still head and shoulders better than Talksport.

What a great day's play that was.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Creeket is back on 13:44 - Feb 7 with 1374 viewsqprd

Creeket is back on 13:25 - Feb 7 by BlackCrowe

Agree, but still head and shoulders better than Talksport.

What a great day's play that was.

Agreed, what an entertaining knock from pant.... but England have basically won every session so far

I don’t see how india can avoid the follow on with the batting after this next wicket but I doubt England will enforce it... having said that, it raises some interesting questions for England’s second innings and when they declare....everyone saw what pant did but sharma and Gill are both all dashers and it is not inconceivable for teams these days to chase 350-400 runs in the fourth innings....

Will England be able to get enough runs quickly in the second innings to comfortably declare? They’re not going to want to dangle a carrot for india like Australia was considering doing on day 5 of gabba test

If india can bat the first session and score another 50 runs, they are still in contest ...
Creeket is back on 13:56 - Feb 7 with 1355 viewsjohnhoop

Tremendous counter attacking from Pant and Pujara. You must need to have an incredible eye and timing to be able to hit a slow left armer who’s pitching it in the footmarks the way that Pant did against Leach. You could see when Sundar, another left hander, came in later, what a minefield it could potentially be.
Creeket is back on 14:25 - Feb 7 with 1335 viewsMrSheen

Creeket is back on 13:44 - Feb 7 by qprd

Agreed, what an entertaining knock from pant.... but England have basically won every session so far

I don’t see how india can avoid the follow on with the batting after this next wicket but I doubt England will enforce it... having said that, it raises some interesting questions for England’s second innings and when they declare....everyone saw what pant did but sharma and Gill are both all dashers and it is not inconceivable for teams these days to chase 350-400 runs in the fourth innings....

Will England be able to get enough runs quickly in the second innings to comfortably declare? They’re not going to want to dangle a carrot for india like Australia was considering doing on day 5 of gabba test

If india can bat the first session and score another 50 runs, they are still in contest ...

Talking of 4th innings chases, the Windies knocked off 390 to be beat Bangladesh after being 170 behind on 1st innings. 210 not out in the second innings of your debut is pretty good going.
Creeket is back on 15:21 - Feb 7 with 1304 viewstoboboly

Root/Stokes have said they don't want England batting again this game. They will enforce the follow on

Creeket is back on 15:37 - Feb 7 with 1283 viewsstowmarketrange

Creeket is back on 15:21 - Feb 7 by toboboly

Root/Stokes have said they don't want England batting again this game. They will enforce the follow on

It might depend on how long it takes England to hopefully get the last 4 wickets.If they wrap it up quite quickly tomorrow,they might enforce it,but I doubt they’d want the bowlers to toil in that heat for best part of another 5 sessions.There are still more tests to come and Anderson isn’t getting any younger.
Creeket is back on 15:56 - Feb 7 with 1269 viewstoboboly

Creeket is back on 15:37 - Feb 7 by stowmarketrange

It might depend on how long it takes England to hopefully get the last 4 wickets.If they wrap it up quite quickly tomorrow,they might enforce it,but I doubt they’d want the bowlers to toil in that heat for best part of another 5 sessions.There are still more tests to come and Anderson isn’t getting any younger.

I think the bowling attack is being rested in the next game so they can use them as they wish.

Creeket is back on 16:12 - Feb 7 with 1256 viewsCamberleyR

Creeket is back on 09:08 - Feb 7 by GloryHunter

Nothing to do with Channel 4 having the telly coverage. The radio rights are negotiated separately and always have been. BBC lost out this time as they have done once or twice in recent years.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2021 18:17]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Creeket is back on 16:23 - Feb 7 with 1252 viewsM40R

I know C4 only got the TV rights at the last moment but how rubbish is the highlights package? After ads it amounts to about 24 minutes of highlights with no analysis or context setting. The ending is so rushed that they didn't even show the bowling scorecard on day 2 (unless I blinked).
Creeket is back on 16:33 - Feb 7 with 1228 viewsstowmarketrange

Creeket is back on 15:56 - Feb 7 by toboboly

I think the bowling attack is being rested in the next game so they can use them as they wish.

Can we afford to rest bowlers?I know that we have some replacements,but are they the same quality?I can only think of Broad for Anderson,but Curran isn’t a replacement for Stokes.
Creeket is back on 16:43 - Feb 7 with 1212 viewstoboboly

Creeket is back on 16:33 - Feb 7 by stowmarketrange

Can we afford to rest bowlers?I know that we have some replacements,but are they the same quality?I can only think of Broad for Anderson,but Curran isn’t a replacement for Stokes.

Broad, Wood and Curran will presumably be in the next game and Anderson/Archer back for the third game

Creeket is back on 17:30 - Feb 7 with 1187 viewsqprd

Creeket is back on 16:43 - Feb 7 by toboboly

Broad, Wood and Curran will presumably be in the next game and Anderson/Archer back for the third game

Curran is not suited for bowling outside of England and his batting in the last 2 years does not warrant a spot as an all rounder ... as an Indian supporter I would be thrilled if he played the next test notwithstanding the fact that he was the xfzctor in the 2018 series. Very talented lad but don’t think this is the series for him

I think stokes stays as your 5th bowling option..... root can chip in with a few overs for some variation .... if stokes is unavailable to bowl, I’d drop a batsman and make place for Ali who is a genuine all rounder and takes wickets against India
Creeket is back on 17:53 - Feb 7 with 1168 viewsjohnhoop

Creeket is back on 16:43 - Feb 7 by toboboly

I believe that Wood and Curran went home after the Sri Lanka tour and may be returning for tests 3 and 4 in India .The pace bowling alternatives for the next game appear to be Broad, Woakes and Stone.
Creeket is back on 19:29 - Feb 7 with 1110 viewsswisscottage

If England can knock India over in the first session tomorrow with something like a 250 lead, then they will go out and bat for 25-30 overs and do as much damage as they can in one day mode. I can't see anyone batting out the last four sessions on that wicket... it was already beginning to spit and bounce on day three, and day five it will be like a minefield.
Creeket is back on 19:32 - Feb 7 with 1108 viewsThe_Beast1976

Creeket is back on 15:21 - Feb 7 by toboboly

You say that, but if we knock em over quickly in the morning and enforce the follow on, we could end up in a situation where we are batting last to block out a draw in the evening session on day 5. That could be calamitous! If we knock em over first session tomorrow we won't enforce - we'll come out and have a swish for a session whilst the pitch breaks up some more, then have 4 sessions to bowl em out with the pitch at its worst
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024