Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Creeket is back 10:55 - Jan 14 with 30630 viewsMrSheen

That crept up on me. Looks like it might be another three day game. Root and Bairstow could do with an upturn in form.
Creeket is back on 19:36 - Feb 7 with 2106 viewsTGRRRSSS

Probably sensible, give the bowlers a chance to "put their trotters up" for a bit..... as Danny Dire might say
Creeket is back on 19:37 - Feb 7 with 2104 viewsThe_Beast1976

Creeket is back on 16:14 - Feb 6 by qprd

Don’t understand the logic behind not declaring ....

Unless England bowl out india relatively quickly in their first innings, the track record of following on is not good... English bowlers are not going to want to bowl 3 days in a row in 30 degree temperature without some time to sit back and rest....

Why not just declare now? What is the point of having leach Anderson and Bess push and prod for an hour for an extra 20-30 runs? Wouldn’t it be better to use those overs to try to bowl out india? And Does England rly want Anderson and leach running around with pads on in the heat before they bowl their first spells?

If England bowl out india quickly, then they can consider enforcing the follow on.... if india score 300-400ish, then England can bat for a few dozen overs in second innings. Wouldn’t you rather just promote stokes buttler pope to try to score the second innings runs quickly (similar to what England did against windies last summer)?

India can only draw the match at this stage, so The overs lost are more valuable to England than the few runs they can gain

The point was likely to have been to make their bowlers bowl for the third day in a row, and take some time out of the game whilst the pitch continues to deteriorate. We're in a great position here if we can knock em over before lunch tomorrow. Could be heading towards a fascinating Day 5, as it stands.....
[Post edited 7 Feb 2021 20:06]
Creeket is back on 22:02 - Feb 7 with 2037 viewsMalintabuk

Creeket is back on 16:23 - Feb 7 by M40R

I know C4 only got the TV rights at the last moment but how rubbish is the highlights package? After ads it amounts to about 24 minutes of highlights with no analysis or context setting. The ending is so rushed that they didn't even show the bowling scorecard on day 2 (unless I blinked).

It is good for the game that cricket is on terrestrial TV but agree the highlights is amateurish at the best
Sky highlight coverage with the debate on after it streets ahead of C4
Very disappointed in the coverage.... but can't defer from 3 good days for England
Creeket is back on 08:14 - Feb 8 with 1966 viewstoboboly

Hahahaha. Well that's the last time I take the England players interviews on Talksport seriously! Makes the 3rd morning batting seem even stranger w/out enforcing the follow on.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Creeket is back on 08:36 - Feb 8 with 1944 viewsdenhamhoop2

Creeket is back on 08:14 - Feb 8 by toboboly

Hahahaha. Well that's the last time I take the England players interviews on Talksport seriously! Makes the 3rd morning batting seem even stranger w/out enforcing the follow on.

Ball starting to reverse swing and Root lbw to a grass cutter good luck batting on this pitch last
Creeket is back on 08:48 - Feb 8 with 1929 viewsbakerloo8

In a great position here. Ball reversing round corners after 20 overs, up and down bounce and spinning sideways.
Be surprised if India post 200 2and innings.
Creeket is back on 09:27 - Feb 8 with 1909 viewsdenhamhoop2

Why are England still prodding and poking declare for Chrissakes it's in England's interests to give India a faint sniff of victory the bowlers want them driving the ball against the reverse swing
Creeket is back on 13:23 - Feb 8 with 1848 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

I thought we batted for too long for no reason earlier. Padding up for overs on end didn't really do anything but I still think we will win. Excellent ball by Leach to get rid of Rohit late on. Think it may go deep into the day but that man Stokes will be the difference.
Login to get fewer ads

Creeket is back on 13:52 - Feb 8 with 1827 viewsswisscottage

Maybe, but there is another thought the other way.

Most of the damage will be done in the first 30 overs of each new ball.

In the first innings the first 4 Indian wickets fell in 26 overs

The last four wickets in 15 overs with the second new ball.

England may be thinking that fi they can't get India all out with 25 overs of the second new ball, then they probably won't get them out.

Also if the pitch went the other way and just went dead, then India have the batsman to chase 400 in 110 overs.
Creeket is back on 14:56 - Feb 8 with 1776 viewsplasmahoop

Creeket is back on 13:52 - Feb 8 by swisscottage

Maybe, but there is another thought the other way.

Most of the damage will be done in the first 30 overs of each new ball.

In the first innings the first 4 Indian wickets fell in 26 overs

The last four wickets in 15 overs with the second new ball.

England may be thinking that fi they can't get India all out with 25 overs of the second new ball, then they probably won't get them out.

Also if the pitch went the other way and just went dead, then India have the batsman to chase 400 in 110 overs.

I think you're right, and that it what they are thinking. They didn't want to leave too much time in the game, and there are 90 overs tomorrow, second new ball after 66
Creeket is back on 08:15 - Feb 9 with 1638 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

Great win!
Jimmy was unbelievable but you just come to expect it now, amazing bowling.
Credit to Leach too after his 1st innings where Pant took a shine to him.
Great team performance. Well done England!
Creeket is back on 08:29 - Feb 9 with 1621 viewsplasmahoop

Creeket is back on 08:48 - Feb 8 by bakerloo8

In a great position here. Ball reversing round corners after 20 overs, up and down bounce and spinning sideways.
Be surprised if India post 200 2and innings.

You called that well!
Creeket is back on 09:24 - Feb 9 with 1599 viewsHantsR

Very unusual when one bail spontaneously flipped off the stumps on what would have been the end of the India innings - the timing suggested a spiritual surrender. Maybe a strong gust of wind but replay showed that the stumps weren't particularly well aligned in the first place.
Creeket is back on 11:01 - Feb 9 with 1536 viewstoboboly

Creeket is back on 13:25 - Feb 7 by BlackCrowe

Agree, but still head and shoulders better than Talksport.

What a great day's play that was.

I am afraid that Talksport has rocketed into the lead with a wonderful comment of "thats numberwang" thrown into the player ratings today.

Cap doffed

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Creeket is back on 11:19 - Feb 9 with 1522 viewsBlackCrowe

Creeket is back on 11:01 - Feb 9 by toboboly

I am afraid that Talksport has rocketed into the lead with a wonderful comment of "thats numberwang" thrown into the player ratings today.

Cap doffed

I'll give them that one.

However they haven't got radio cricket commentary sorted. It's a bit like this...

TMS - 'Anderson to Pant, Pant goes on the offensive and he's Out!!! caught by Root and 2nd slip'. (or whatever it was)

Talksport - <general chat>. 'OMG, and he's OUT!!!!! Pant caught by Root. Grrrreat stuff.'

There's no flow or indication on a ball about to bowled.I t's all a bit Alan Partridge on The Day Today.

Anyway a great win from a team seriously moving in the right direction towards the Winter Ashes. Thank the lord we won that toss though.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Creeket is back on 11:38 - Feb 9 with 1490 viewsTheChef

He's barely had a mention, but kudos to Chris Silverwood for getting our red ball game going again.

Great win, still three games to go though. Would be amazing to win the series.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Creeket is back on 11:49 - Feb 9 with 1484 viewsCiderwithRsie

Creeket is back on 11:19 - Feb 9 by BlackCrowe

I'll give them that one.

However they haven't got radio cricket commentary sorted. It's a bit like this...

TMS - 'Anderson to Pant, Pant goes on the offensive and he's Out!!! caught by Root and 2nd slip'. (or whatever it was)

Talksport - <general chat>. 'OMG, and he's OUT!!!!! Pant caught by Root. Grrrreat stuff.'

There's no flow or indication on a ball about to bowled.I t's all a bit Alan Partridge on The Day Today.

Anyway a great win from a team seriously moving in the right direction towards the Winter Ashes. Thank the lord we won that toss though.

Yes, you've nailed exactly what I don't like about it.

TBH I don't think their heart is really in cricket, they do have a few decent commentators but that's the easy side. I don't sense that there is a production team behind it all who really get cricket in both the technical sense and the culture of the game.
Creeket is back on 13:36 - Feb 9 with 1433 viewsswisscottage

Creeket is back on 11:38 - Feb 9 by TheChef

He's barely had a mention, but kudos to Chris Silverwood for getting our red ball game going again.

Great win, still three games to go though. Would be amazing to win the series.

A good callout on Silverwood.

There's no surprise Rooty is playing with a smile on his face again, and as a result producing the best cricket of his life.

Silverwood's taken back most of the off-pitch responsibilities that Bayliss delegated to the player's leadership team, allowing Root and others to concentrate on what they do best on the field of play.
Creeket is back on 17:35 - Feb 9 with 1356 viewsdenhamhoop2

Creeket is back on 08:15 - Feb 9 by BlackAndGoldRanger

Great win!
Jimmy was unbelievable but you just come to expect it now, amazing bowling.
Credit to Leach too after his 1st innings where Pant took a shine to him.
Great team performance. Well done England!

Think England may well have the same problem that the W Indies had when Ambrose and Walsh came to end of their days with Anderson and Broad it will be a massive 2 pairs of boots to fill. If there is something in the wicket they will find it and they just don't give runs away a fantastic combination. Glad Leach showed just what he can do when he's not being smashed to all parts by Pant still a little concerned about Bess's erratic bowling but he has a major ability to get wickets whilst bowling dross
Creeket is back on 21:25 - Feb 9 with 1281 viewsCiderwithRsie

Now it's sunk in it strikes me that England have got just about everything right so far in this Asian tour. Just about every criticism or even potential criticism has been silenced
- Rotation of players so far working fine
- Buttler's keeping exemplary
- Spinners obviously a weak link - which we knew - but both getting enough wickets when needed and improving.
- Opening bats improving after dodgy start v SL
- Root back in the club of top 4 batsmen in the world
- Ol' Man Jimmy, he just keeps bowlin'
- Archer and Wood both looking seriously hostile and well used by Root
- Stokes for once over-shadowed with bat and ball but quietly excellent

I still think a drawn series would be a very good result and even a 2-1 loss would, so long as no tonkings received, be highly creditable, but a series win for England is now a real possibility. Be interesting to see if Moeen gets a go, if England can get him back as a contender that'd be icing on the cake for me.

Starting to get genuinely optimistic about The Ashes, especially if Jimmy can get the ball to reverse. The poxy kookaburra ball is my main worry, it should be banned (I genuinely wonder if the Aussie ball tampering would ever had happened if they used a proper ball instead of that abomination, the Indian SG has been good and I'll be interested to see how it goes in the day-night Test.
Creeket is back on 21:37 - Feb 9 with 1263 viewsBlackCrowe

Aussies are really average at the moment but obvs can't underestimate on home turf, and with Kookaburra and flat tracks. Our spinners are problem generally...however they have that unexplained gift of knicking wickets at opportune moment, having been mauled in the run up.

But we have such dominant players now. Root is liberated and out of this world. Stokes is the flintoff of the modern day, Jimmy and Broad have got an assault on Ashes left in them and Butler will be something very very special i reckon (halfway there already).

Joffra....over to you...your time has come.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Creeket is back on 21:48 - Feb 9 with 1254 viewsDorse

Still a bit confused regarding Lawrence at 3 (I know it should be Crawley) but this side is looking extremely well balanced. Even to the point where both spinners take 4-76.

Leach showed real character. I thought he'd been batted out of the attack but he ended up with 6 wickets in the match.

Rooney is something else. Nuff said.

Great performance. Great result.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Creeket is back on 01:40 - Feb 10 with 1193 viewsCiderwithRsie

Creeket is back on 21:37 - Feb 9 by BlackCrowe

Aussies are really average at the moment but obvs can't underestimate on home turf, and with Kookaburra and flat tracks. Our spinners are problem generally...however they have that unexplained gift of knicking wickets at opportune moment, having been mauled in the run up.

But we have such dominant players now. Root is liberated and out of this world. Stokes is the flintoff of the modern day, Jimmy and Broad have got an assault on Ashes left in them and Butler will be something very very special i reckon (halfway there already).

Joffra....over to you...your time has come.

Stokes is better than Flintoff IMO; as good a bowler and significantly better batsman.

Flintoff very, very good and key to 2005 but probably 3rd after Botham and Stokes in the England all-rounder stakes. (Though probably the nicest and most interesting man of all three, a revelation on Desert Island Discs)
Creeket is back on 01:42 - Feb 10 with 1192 viewsSydneyRs

Creeket is back on 01:40 - Feb 10 by CiderwithRsie

Stokes is better than Flintoff IMO; as good a bowler and significantly better batsman.

Flintoff very, very good and key to 2005 but probably 3rd after Botham and Stokes in the England all-rounder stakes. (Though probably the nicest and most interesting man of all three, a revelation on Desert Island Discs)

The thing with Flintoff was his best days were short lived. He was amazing in 2005 for sure but looks fitter now than he ever did while playing.
Creeket is back on 07:43 - Feb 10 with 1110 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

Creeket is back on 17:35 - Feb 9 by denhamhoop2

Think England may well have the same problem that the W Indies had when Ambrose and Walsh came to end of their days with Anderson and Broad it will be a massive 2 pairs of boots to fill. If there is something in the wicket they will find it and they just don't give runs away a fantastic combination. Glad Leach showed just what he can do when he's not being smashed to all parts by Pant still a little concerned about Bess's erratic bowling but he has a major ability to get wickets whilst bowling dross

Yeah Jimmy and Broad retiring will leave a huge hole. Strangely I would say more so at home because they tend to play together at home and are managed away and usually play the extra spinner or extra out and out fast bowler. I'm struggling to see a standout replacement. Players like Woakes and Wood have their days but no one is as consistent as them. Both for taking wickets and building pressure with dot balls and maidens.
The spinners will get better with games, they can both be very wayward with lines and lengths but both played their parts in the game. The series is set up nicely.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024