Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Creeket is back 10:55 - Jan 14 with 30626 viewsMrSheen

That crept up on me. Looks like it might be another three day game. Root and Bairstow could do with an upturn in form.
Creeket is back on 07:29 - Jan 22 with 2018 viewsLimehouseR

Anderson currently with figures of 3 for 6. On a pitch where there is apparently no swing...
The msn is inhuman!
Creeket is back on 10:19 - Jan 22 with 1969 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

Pitch is looking like a road.
Our spinners will need some more control in India for us to have a chance there. I think having Stokes, Archer and Moeen back will certainly help there though.
Creeket is back on 10:44 - Jan 23 with 1902 viewsRangersw12

Amazing performance by Jimmy

He seems to get pigeon holed (mainly by Indian fans) that he can only bowl in swinging conditions but look at his stats over the last 10 years.

Amazing bowler and one greatest of all time and certainly the best English bowler ever

As for the others the spinners need to hang their head in shame . Awful performance with no control.

Openers need to work on their game aswell and clearly done nothing since the last test
[Post edited 23 Jan 2021 11:59]
Creeket is back on 12:02 - Jan 23 with 1864 viewsEsox_Lucius

Joe Root has now passed wife beater's all time run scoring record. Well done ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTT!
[Post edited 23 Jan 2021 12:08]

The grass is always greener.

Creeket is back on 12:08 - Jan 23 with 1841 viewsMrSheen

Creeket is back on 12:02 - Jan 23 by Esox_Lucius

Joe Root has now passed wife beater's all time run scoring record. Well done ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTT!
[Post edited 23 Jan 2021 12:08]

Cook, Gooch, Stewart, Gower, Pietersen and now Root all have more test runs than Boycott.

64 overs of spin and no wicket, India will be quaking in their boots.
Creeket is back on 12:13 - Jan 23 with 1837 viewsEsox_Lucius

Creeket is back on 12:08 - Jan 23 by MrSheen

Cook, Gooch, Stewart, Gower, Pietersen and now Root all have more test runs than Boycott.

64 overs of spin and no wicket, India will be quaking in their boots.

I noticed that, all the wickets have fallen to pace. The track still seems to favour the batsmen so England should make a lead if they carry on as they currently are.

Creeket is back on 14:28 - Jan 23 with 1782 viewsThe_Beast1976

Creeket is back on 10:44 - Jan 23 by Rangersw12

Amazing performance by Jimmy

He seems to get pigeon holed (mainly by Indian fans) that he can only bowl in swinging conditions but look at his stats over the last 10 years.

Amazing bowler and one greatest of all time and certainly the best English bowler ever

As for the others the spinners need to hang their head in shame . Awful performance with no control.

Openers need to work on their game aswell and clearly done nothing since the last test
[Post edited 23 Jan 2021 11:59]

We'll also need a spinner with control to do a largely holding role in Aus next winter. Let's hope Moeen is revitalised and can do the job, cos Leach and Bess looking like they may not be up to it (lovely fellas mind).
[Post edited 23 Jan 2021 14:29]
Creeket is back on 14:44 - Jan 23 with 1752 viewsplasmahoop

Creeket is back on 14:28 - Jan 23 by The_Beast1976

We'll also need a spinner with control to do a largely holding role in Aus next winter. Let's hope Moeen is revitalised and can do the job, cos Leach and Bess looking like they may not be up to it (lovely fellas mind).
[Post edited 23 Jan 2021 14:29]

Im hopeful that leach will be able to do it. He was pretty accurate before, still a bit rusty at the moment. I'm worried we'll end up picking a slightly pants leg spinner though, who definitely won't be able to do the holding role
Login to get fewer ads

Creeket is back on 11:34 - Jan 24 with 1648 viewsMrSheen

Root has passed Pietersen and Gower today, up to 4th on the list.
Creeket is back on 12:22 - Jan 24 with 1625 viewsqprd

Creeket is back on 14:44 - Jan 23 by plasmahoop

Im hopeful that leach will be able to do it. He was pretty accurate before, still a bit rusty at the moment. I'm worried we'll end up picking a slightly pants leg spinner though, who definitely won't be able to do the holding role

what leggie does england even have other than rashid who i dont think plays red ball cricket anymore

i would select moeen ali... the other two spinners are sh*te.

moeen will go for runs but figures like 2-85 wouldnt be bad in india

as an indian cricket fan, my biggest pet peeve is how godawful our tail is... once you get into 9, 10, 11, guys like bumrah siraj saini kuldeep shami literally cannot even hold a bat. the pace bowlers should be able to dismiss them quite easily, so its all about just getting the wickets at the top

also, moeen ali for whatever reason has done well against kohli and i think hes had some good performances against india with the ball, too... the rose bowl test comes from a few years ago comes to mind
[Post edited 24 Jan 2021 12:23]
Creeket is back on 13:03 - Jan 24 with 1599 viewsEsox_Lucius

Creeket is back on 12:22 - Jan 24 by qprd

what leggie does england even have other than rashid who i dont think plays red ball cricket anymore

as an indian cricket fan, my biggest pet peeve is how godawful our tail is... once you get into 9, 10, 11, guys like bumrah siraj saini kuldeep shami literally cannot even hold a bat. the pace bowlers should be able to dismiss them quite easily, so its all about just getting the wickets at the top

also, moeen ali for whatever reason has done well against kohli and i think hes had some good performances against india with the ball, too... the rose bowl test comes from a few years ago comes to mind

They literally can hold a bat, I have seen it.

Creeket is back on 16:10 - Jan 24 with 1543 viewsplasmahoop

Creeket is back on 12:22 - Jan 24 by qprd

Well we took Mason crane to Australia last time, and he's carrying the drinks here. Parkinson is another leggie.Neither of them up to it in my opinion. We have poor history here though, after Shane Warne everyone gets excited by leggies and we ended up picking Ian Salisbury and Chris schofield. I would take moeen and leach.
Creeket is back on 21:13 - Jan 24 with 1479 viewsCiderwithRsie

Creeket is back on 16:10 - Jan 24 by plasmahoop

Well we took Mason crane to Australia last time, and he's carrying the drinks here. Parkinson is another leggie.Neither of them up to it in my opinion. We have poor history here though, after Shane Warne everyone gets excited by leggies and we ended up picking Ian Salisbury and Chris schofield. I would take moeen and leach.

I agree that Moeen is our best bet, that Leach looks the obvious second, and that we don't have a leggie (Rashid being ruled out).

The scary thing about that is that Ali hasn't played Test cricket for a year, didn't get into the World Cup side either and while I love him to bits has rarely run through a side when the conditions are spin-friendly - he's at his most dangerous when not expected to do well and opponents take liberties (especially if they've been given a hard time by Jimmy A or Broad or Stokes...)

I reckon the seamers will have to put in a shift, the batting will have to stand up (worrying, looking at the openers) and we'd better hope qprd is right about India's tail.
Creeket is back on 21:16 - Jan 24 with 1476 viewsCiderwithRsie

Creeket is back on 13:03 - Jan 24 by Esox_Lucius

They literally can hold a bat, I have seen it.

I think he's referring to the Common Pipistrelle, they're right buggers to get hold of. Though it's not the main thing I look for in a fast bowler.
Creeket is back on 06:51 - Jan 25 with 1438 viewsstowmarketrange

What a great morning session for England.67/6 at lunch means that it’s definitely game on.Shame Root spilled a catch on the last ball before lunch.
Creeket is back on 07:37 - Jan 25 with 1429 viewsdistortR

Creeket is back on 21:16 - Jan 24 by CiderwithRsie

I think he's referring to the Common Pipistrelle, they're right buggers to get hold of. Though it's not the main thing I look for in a fast bowler.

you weren't in Wuhan 15 months ago teaching the locals about cricket were you, Cider?
Creeket is back on 09:56 - Jan 25 with 1374 viewsdenhamhoop2

Come on England surely cannot lose to a one man attack
Creeket is back on 10:31 - Jan 25 with 1349 viewsCamberleyR

Root out, four down now. Surely they can't throw this one away?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Creeket is back on 10:37 - Jan 25 with 1345 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

That 40 from Embuldiniya could be the difference here. We don't have much batting after this wicket - especially with sub-continent experience. Bess played well in 1st innings though.
Creeket is back on 11:43 - Jan 25 with 1310 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Sibley gets his 50.

A win for England looking very likely now.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Creeket is back on 11:46 - Jan 25 with 1304 viewsted_hendrix

Once Buttler got settled in it was never in doubt

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Creeket is back on 11:47 - Jan 25 with 1300 viewsMrSheen

Creeket is back on 11:43 - Jan 25 by CliveWilsonSaid

Sibley gets his 50.

A win for England looking very likely now.

Surprisingly efficient finish for England abroad! The real challenge starts now, but Stokes's patience and batting technique has improved massively in recent years so it will be a treat to see how he gets on there.
Creeket is back on 11:52 - Jan 25 with 1287 viewsjohnhoop

Excellent batting by Buttler and Sibley to see England through to the win. Will have done Sibley’s confidence the world of good for India and you could hardly have wished for anybody better than Buttler to see us home in that situation.
Creeket is back on 13:34 - Jan 25 with 1240 viewsBlackCrowe

Extraordinary day. Yet again on this thread I'll say that there's not much better than test cricket.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Creeket is back on 13:52 - Jan 25 with 1214 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

Great win, Root has been excellent. Spinners much better 2nd innings too. Never easy to chase down 150+ on a subcontinental pitch. India will be a lot tougher but certainly a good start!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024