Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Creeket is back 10:55 - Jan 14 with 30629 viewsMrSheen

That crept up on me. Looks like it might be another three day game. Root and Bairstow could do with an upturn in form.
Creeket is back on 08:45 - Feb 6 with 1521 viewsMrSheen

Creeket is back on 08:35 - Feb 6 by qprd

Let’s be honest, this is not engrossing cricket ... A horrible pitch that is offering the bowlers absolutely nothing .... basically watching batting practice ... England fans like it bc they won the toss and are batting first

As they say, too early to judge a match situation until both sides have a go. Let’s see how a tired India do on a worn surface.

Root has the second highest average of all non-Asian batsmen visiting the subcontinent. Only Garry Sobers has more - 75!
[Post edited 6 Feb 2021 8:46]
Creeket is back on 08:46 - Feb 6 with 1518 viewsRangersw12

Arise Sir Root

Pitch is starting to wear a little so bat till just before lunch tomorrow and put the Indians under pressure
Creeket is back on 09:02 - Feb 6 with 1491 viewsqprd

Creeket is back on 08:46 - Feb 6 by Rangersw12

Arise Sir Root

Pitch is starting to wear a little so bat till just before lunch tomorrow and put the Indians under pressure

Pitch is wearing minimally... slight footholes on one end but won’t be available for right hand off spinners

Pitch chat to me is grossly overrated ... If england score 500-550 (and realistically, 600 is more likely), there is zero chance England loses... scoreboard pressure will be immense on india and England can set incredibly attacking fields....

India’s 3-4-5 can bat time but sharma and pants patience can be tested and will create chances.. India’s tail is godawful too
[Post edited 6 Feb 2021 9:05]
Creeket is back on 09:08 - Feb 6 with 1478 viewsRangersw12

Creeket is back on 09:02 - Feb 6 by qprd

Pitch is wearing minimally... slight footholes on one end but won’t be available for right hand off spinners

Pitch chat to me is grossly overrated ... If england score 500-550 (and realistically, 600 is more likely), there is zero chance England loses... scoreboard pressure will be immense on india and England can set incredibly attacking fields....

India’s 3-4-5 can bat time but sharma and pants patience can be tested and will create chances.. India’s tail is godawful too

If England do manage a win and its a big if

Do you think Kholi will be under pressue as captain seeing how well Rahane did in Aus
Creeket is back on 09:19 - Feb 6 with 1460 viewsqprd

Creeket is back on 09:08 - Feb 6 by Rangersw12

If England do manage a win and its a big if

Do you think Kholi will be under pressue as captain seeing how well Rahane did in Aus

Kohli controls the BCCI so he is safe no matter what

His captaincy is horrendous.... lost 4-1 in England to a mediocre team in 2018 (no offense), lost in South Africa (against a mediocre side), lost in New Zealand, pissed away 2017 champs trophy by winning Toss and bowling first), pissed away 2019 World Cup w brain dead selection..... loads of poor selection whether it’s selecting 2 spinners in overcast conditions against England in lords, not selecting a spinner in the aus test we lost in 2019, dropping rahane in South Africa, not playing jadeja enough ... his only accomplishment to date is beating Australia a few years ago, but that was without smith and Warner and against an Australia side that was mentally screwed by the sandpaper incident

Look at his rcb record too.... played on teams w himself, ab de colliers and steyn and hasn’t won yet in the ipl

I don’t think there’s much he can do this match... ttho use of reviews has been poor and some field placements for the left arm spinner were off today.... people are clamouring abt kuldeep but he has been given chances and he can rly leak runs.... Nadeem should’ve done a lot better
Creeket is back on 09:32 - Feb 6 with 1441 viewsqprd

Well batted joe root....

On current form, the big 4 right is probably:

1. Kane
2. Root
3 smith
4 kohli
Creeket is back on 10:40 - Feb 6 with 1372 viewsqprd

Buttler not walking after clearly nicking is very disappointing after all his comments re “spirit of cricket”....
Creeket is back on 11:25 - Feb 6 with 1329 viewsClive_Anderson

Creeket is back on 10:40 - Feb 6 by qprd

Buttler not walking after clearly nicking is very disappointing after all his comments re “spirit of cricket”....

Does anyone walk anymore?

Seems have completely gone since DRS came in.
Login to get fewer ads

Creeket is back on 12:57 - Feb 6 with 1289 viewsRangersw12

Creeket is back on 09:19 - Feb 6 by qprd

Kohli controls the BCCI so he is safe no matter what

His captaincy is horrendous.... lost 4-1 in England to a mediocre team in 2018 (no offense), lost in South Africa (against a mediocre side), lost in New Zealand, pissed away 2017 champs trophy by winning Toss and bowling first), pissed away 2019 World Cup w brain dead selection..... loads of poor selection whether it’s selecting 2 spinners in overcast conditions against England in lords, not selecting a spinner in the aus test we lost in 2019, dropping rahane in South Africa, not playing jadeja enough ... his only accomplishment to date is beating Australia a few years ago, but that was without smith and Warner and against an Australia side that was mentally screwed by the sandpaper incident

Look at his rcb record too.... played on teams w himself, ab de colliers and steyn and hasn’t won yet in the ipl

I don’t think there’s much he can do this match... ttho use of reviews has been poor and some field placements for the left arm spinner were off today.... people are clamouring abt kuldeep but he has been given chances and he can rly leak runs.... Nadeem should’ve done a lot better

I've always thought that Kholi's intense personality can sometimes put fear into his own players especially in the field

Might be worth giving Rahane the captaincy and let Kholi score the runs

Interesting test match now and will really see what this Indian team are made considering nobody really gave England a chance
[Post edited 6 Feb 2021 13:31]
Creeket is back on 13:02 - Feb 6 with 1276 viewsNov77

Is there no highlights package on any of the channels?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Creeket is back on 13:31 - Feb 6 with 1239 viewsRangersw12

Creeket is back on 13:02 - Feb 6 by Nov77

Is there no highlights package on any of the channels?

7 pm on more 4
Creeket is back on 13:41 - Feb 6 with 1228 viewsTGRRRSSS

Didnt India just win a series in Aus - or have I missed something?

Might as well try to aim for 600 then attack India hard with attacking fields really, assume they will enforce follow on? which seems not to be the norm anymore?

Sure that decision has cost England a few test wins in the past 10 years or so.
Creeket is back on 13:52 - Feb 6 with 1208 viewsSydneyRs

Creeket is back on 09:02 - Feb 6 by qprd

India did very well batting last in Australia with odds against them and a load of injuries. And this against the self proclaimed best pace attack in world cricket.

I sense a draw here as I'm not sure we will be able to bowl them out twice.
Creeket is back on 13:56 - Feb 6 with 1194 viewsNov77

Creeket is back on 13:31 - Feb 6 by Rangersw12

7 pm on more 4

7pm more4 says “chatsworth house” in the listings?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Creeket is back on 16:14 - Feb 6 with 1135 viewsqprd

Creeket is back on 13:41 - Feb 6 by TGRRRSSS

Didnt India just win a series in Aus - or have I missed something?

Might as well try to aim for 600 then attack India hard with attacking fields really, assume they will enforce follow on? which seems not to be the norm anymore?

Sure that decision has cost England a few test wins in the past 10 years or so.

Don’t understand the logic behind not declaring ....

Unless England bowl out india relatively quickly in their first innings, the track record of following on is not good... English bowlers are not going to want to bowl 3 days in a row in 30 degree temperature without some time to sit back and rest....

Why not just declare now? What is the point of having leach Anderson and Bess push and prod for an hour for an extra 20-30 runs? Wouldn’t it be better to use those overs to try to bowl out india? And Does England rly want Anderson and leach running around with pads on in the heat before they bowl their first spells?

If England bowl out india quickly, then they can consider enforcing the follow on.... if india score 300-400ish, then England can bat for a few dozen overs in second innings. Wouldn’t you rather just promote stokes buttler pope to try to score the second innings runs quickly (similar to what England did against windies last summer)?

India can only draw the match at this stage, so The overs lost are more valuable to England than the few runs they can gain
Creeket is back on 16:15 - Feb 6 with 1134 viewsqprd

Creeket is back on 11:25 - Feb 6 by Clive_Anderson

Does anyone walk anymore?

Seems have completely gone since DRS came in.

A few people walk....

I actually don’t care

But buttler threw a temper tantrum last year abt the spirit of the game when he got mankaded.... so to not walk is pretty hypocritical
Creeket is back on 17:55 - Feb 6 with 1075 viewsTGRRRSSS

Creeket is back on 16:14 - Feb 6 by qprd

Don’t understand the logic behind not declaring ....

Unless England bowl out india relatively quickly in their first innings, the track record of following on is not good... English bowlers are not going to want to bowl 3 days in a row in 30 degree temperature without some time to sit back and rest....

Why not just declare now? What is the point of having leach Anderson and Bess push and prod for an hour for an extra 20-30 runs? Wouldn’t it be better to use those overs to try to bowl out india? And Does England rly want Anderson and leach running around with pads on in the heat before they bowl their first spells?

If England bowl out india quickly, then they can consider enforcing the follow on.... if india score 300-400ish, then England can bat for a few dozen overs in second innings. Wouldn’t you rather just promote stokes buttler pope to try to score the second innings runs quickly (similar to what England did against windies last summer)?

India can only draw the match at this stage, so The overs lost are more valuable to England than the few runs they can gain

Yeah thats probably a fair call - wasn't thinking about the waste of energy for the bowlers who they'd want to be fresh as starting in the morning.

Assume they can basically declare before the start of days play cant they? (in the morning I mean
Creeket is back on 18:01 - Feb 6 with 1072 viewsMalintabuk

Think Root will want the 600 only if it for the pressure side of it.... India will need 400 to save a follow on.
Can't see the tail blocking a lot tomorrow they will go out swinging most likely
It seems to be a 600 to 600 wicket to me but you never know with that Indian tail so long. A few quick wickets and they may panic
Creeket is back on 18:08 - Feb 6 with 1056 viewsCiderwithRsie

Let’s be honest, this is not engrossing cricket ... A horrible pitch that is offering the bowlers absolutely nothing .... basically watching batting practice ... England fans like it bc they won the toss and are batting first

As I don't have Sky I'm just loving watching live* terrestrial TV coverage. Just looking at the aerial footage of the beach behind the ground is giving me a little glow in England in Feb, you can't convince me it's not a great Test match!

*(actually I've gone for an extra hour in bed and the Channel 4 +1 option)
Creeket is back on 18:12 - Feb 6 with 1047 viewsdm97

Watching Joe Root bat is pure lockdown therapy. That is all
Creeket is back on 18:14 - Feb 6 with 1045 viewseastside_r

I was being honest.

At 5.30 I had just watched a period of play where the ball was starting to spit and turn. Good cat and mouse stuff with Stokes especially.

Not sure what was happening 3 hours later when you posted. I had gone to bed. 😁
Creeket is back on 21:12 - Feb 6 with 983 viewsgobbles

Good to see QPR fan James Vince lead the Sydney Sixers to the Big Bash title. 98 not out in the semi-final and 95 in the final. Brilliant.
Creeket is back on 21:42 - Feb 6 with 965 viewsjohnhoop

Creeket is back on 21:12 - Feb 6 by gobbles

Good to see QPR fan James Vince lead the Sydney Sixers to the Big Bash title. 98 not out in the semi-final and 95 in the final. Brilliant.

If he’s in the kind of form that he obviously is, then you’d think it would put him in with a chance of breaking into the England line-up for the World T20 later this year.
Creeket is back on 06:26 - Feb 7 with 908 viewstoboboly

Creeket is back on 10:40 - Feb 6 by qprd

Rubbish. India shouldn't be burning their reviews and then it wouldn't matter. No one walks and have'n't for decades.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Creeket is back on 07:00 - Feb 7 with 889 viewsqprd

Creeket is back on 06:26 - Feb 7 by toboboly

Rubbish. India shouldn't be burning their reviews and then it wouldn't matter. No one walks and have'n't for decades.

I know. No one should have to walk. India shouldn’t have burnt their reviews (as I said much higher on the thread, before the buttler catch). But when you criticize another professional endlessly for not following the “spirit of cricket” and you hold yourself out as such, then it is hypocritical if you don’t walk

England in drivers seat. Massive scoreboard pressure
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024