Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Creeket is back 10:55 - Jan 14 with 30632 viewsMrSheen

That crept up on me. Looks like it might be another three day game. Root and Bairstow could do with an upturn in form.
Creeket is back on 21:42 - Jan 25 with 1921 viewsCiderwithRsie

Creeket is back on 07:37 - Jan 25 by distortR

you weren't in Wuhan 15 months ago teaching the locals about cricket were you, Cider?

If I had been, they'd be a lot worse at cricket than they already are
Creeket is back on 17:33 - Feb 2 with 1748 viewsflynnbo

Reaching a far wider audience.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/feb/02/channel-4-wins-rights-for-england-
Creeket is back on 17:36 - Feb 2 with 1736 viewsThe_Beast1976

Creeket is back on 17:33 - Feb 2 by flynnbo

Reaching a far wider audience.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/feb/02/channel-4-wins-rights-for-england-

This is absolutely fantastic news. The biggest, and best, news for English cricket in quite some time. The game needs to be back in front of the masses. Hopefully it gets a big audience over this coming weekend (not a lot else to do at the moment!!!)
Creeket is back on 18:16 - Feb 2 with 1682 viewsplasmahoop

Creeket is back on 17:36 - Feb 2 by The_Beast1976

This is absolutely fantastic news. The biggest, and best, news for English cricket in quite some time. The game needs to be back in front of the masses. Hopefully it gets a big audience over this coming weekend (not a lot else to do at the moment!!!)

Yes it is good news. Would be even better if there was some live terrestrial TV cricket in the summer too. After the 2005 ashes there seemed to be a real upsurge in participation in club cricket, but that has really gone into reverse now. Most clubs seem to be struggling for numbers, and whilst TV coverage isnt the only factor, I was definitely inspired to play cricket by watching the tests on the BBC in the early 80s
Creeket is back on 19:01 - Feb 2 with 1657 viewsThe_Beast1976

Creeket is back on 18:16 - Feb 2 by plasmahoop

Yes it is good news. Would be even better if there was some live terrestrial TV cricket in the summer too. After the 2005 ashes there seemed to be a real upsurge in participation in club cricket, but that has really gone into reverse now. Most clubs seem to be struggling for numbers, and whilst TV coverage isnt the only factor, I was definitely inspired to play cricket by watching the tests on the BBC in the early 80s

Yes it would also be great to have some home on terrestrial TV too. Who knows, after this unexpected deal, in the future it may happen
Creeket is back on 09:46 - Feb 5 with 1583 viewsMrSheen

Proper grinding test cricket on a dead pitch. Lovely stuff.
Creeket is back on 09:47 - Feb 5 with 1574 viewstoboboly

Creeket is back on 09:46 - Feb 5 by MrSheen

Root imperious, lets hope this continues through the year and especially in the Ashes

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Creeket is back on 10:42 - Feb 5 with 1527 viewsMrSheen

Creeket is back on 09:47 - Feb 5 by toboboly

Root imperious, lets hope this continues through the year and especially in the Ashes

100 in his 100th test, like a Yorkshire King of old. Back over 50 average for the moment.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2021 10:42]
Login to get fewer ads

Creeket is back on 11:12 - Feb 5 with 1499 viewsBlackCrowe

Creeket is back on 10:42 - Feb 5 by MrSheen

100 in his 100th test, like a Yorkshire King of old. Back over 50 average for the moment.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2021 10:42]

Can't overlook Sibley's contribution...a grand and vital innings to be sure.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Creeket is back on 11:30 - Feb 5 with 1472 viewsMrSheen

Creeket is back on 11:12 - Feb 5 by BlackCrowe

Can't overlook Sibley's contribution...a grand and vital innings to be sure.

Tough luck to be out last over of the day, but what an improvement from him in the last few weeks.
Creeket is back on 11:33 - Feb 5 with 1471 viewsswisscottage

Creeket is back on 11:30 - Feb 5 by MrSheen

Tough luck to be out last over of the day, but what an improvement from him in the last few weeks.

Takes the gloss over what was a superb day for England. Indian bowlers have hardly had a look in.
You'd be hoping for Stokes, Pope, and Butler to capitalise on this tomorrow and put on another 300 with Rooty getting a double ton.
Creeket is back on 11:45 - Feb 5 with 1456 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

Superb day for England. Shame about Sibley's wicket at the end but he was great and Root is in unreal form at the moment. With Stokes, Pope and Butler to come against tiring bowlers hopefully we can put on a big score of 500+
Creeket is back on 18:02 - Feb 5 with 1328 viewsdenhamhoop2

Creeket is back on 09:46 - Feb 5 by MrSheen

My idea of cricket Sibley was superb he seems able to adapt to conditions well bodes well for a long and successful Test career lovely to see Root back to where you can mention him in the same breath with Kohli Williamson and Smith
Creeket is back on 18:15 - Feb 5 with 1319 viewsThe_Beast1976

Creeket is back on 18:02 - Feb 5 by denhamhoop2

My idea of cricket Sibley was superb he seems able to adapt to conditions well bodes well for a long and successful Test career lovely to see Root back to where you can mention him in the same breath with Kohli Williamson and Smith

Sibley precisely the anchor man up top we have been missing for a number of years. Stick around, wear the bowlers down, grind it out, anchor the innings from the start. Gives us a very solid base. A real shame he got out at the death, but the platform is now set for the others before the pitch starts to come into play a bit more
Creeket is back on 19:25 - Feb 5 with 1292 viewsJamesB1979

Creeket is back on 18:15 - Feb 5 by The_Beast1976

Sibley precisely the anchor man up top we have been missing for a number of years. Stick around, wear the bowlers down, grind it out, anchor the innings from the start. Gives us a very solid base. A real shame he got out at the death, but the platform is now set for the others before the pitch starts to come into play a bit more

Sibley was awful for 3 innings in Sri Lanka and seems to have gone away and worked out how to score runs in these conditions. Really impressed with him. India will probably get 600 but at least we’ll put up a fight.
Creeket is back on 19:37 - Feb 5 with 1286 viewsRangersw12

A great day and good to see Sibley show that he is a quick learner. Was really concerned after those 3 innings in Galle but fair play to him

Would love to see us post 500 +

I reckon Kholi might start to feel the pressure if we get a big score especially as they played so well without him in Australia
Creeket is back on 20:20 - Feb 5 with 1253 viewstheselector

I actually think Sibley getting out could be a good thing. I think England will want to up the run rate a bit tomorrow and I reckon that might have left him in two minds: "do I play like I did yesterday, or do I try and hit it?"
Now, there's no issue. Big hitters in after him so they're used to putting pressure on the bowlers. Perfect opportunity for Buttler to knock off a quick half century - here's hoping he takes it as he's been given more chances than most.
Creeket is back on 21:25 - Feb 5 with 1225 viewsMrSheen

I’m very encouraged by Silverwood as England coach, picking patient, cautious batsmen for Test Cricket, like Sibley and Crawley. The change in mentality seems to be working on Root, Stokes and even Butler, too. It’s not like we’re drawing games we should be winning. My concern is with the bowling pipeline, and it’s not often it’s been that way round.
Creeket is back on 23:09 - Feb 5 with 1190 viewsswisscottage

Creeket is back on 21:25 - Feb 5 by MrSheen

I’m very encouraged by Silverwood as England coach, picking patient, cautious batsmen for Test Cricket, like Sibley and Crawley. The change in mentality seems to be working on Root, Stokes and even Butler, too. It’s not like we’re drawing games we should be winning. My concern is with the bowling pipeline, and it’s not often it’s been that way round.

Well looking at Root's comments, they're looking to bat into Sunday and post a total between 600 to 700.

Given what happened in Chennai last time we were there I wouldn't declare on anything less than 650 .. I certainly wouldn't declare on 550 even to put them in for 10 overs at the end of tomorrow.

The longer England can bat and wear out the pitch the better.

I'll be glued to it tomorrow that's for sure.
Creeket is back on 23:22 - Feb 5 with 1177 viewsMrSheen

There hasn’t been a four test series that finished 0-0 since Pakistan - India in 1989/90. Third Test, India 509 all out, Pakistan 699/5. Cricket at its finest.

India were 5/2, it’s not like there was no drama
[Post edited 5 Feb 2021 23:25]
Creeket is back on 05:34 - Feb 6 with 1130 viewseastside_r

Good stuff this. Top quality, engrossing Test cricket.
Creeket is back on 07:44 - Feb 6 with 1080 viewsozexile

Creeket is back on 21:25 - Feb 5 by MrSheen

It is a bit concerning Broad and Anderson were poor in Oz four years ago so it could be one tour too many. Who will be the quicks? Archer, wood and?
Creeket is back on 07:47 - Feb 6 with 1080 viewsMalintabuk

Looking like this is going to be 600 plays 650 type game the pitch looks totally dead
Just read that 1788 runs in a calender year is the record held by Yourself.... Root already 560 odd with another 14 tests this year be a nice record for the guy
Creeket is back on 08:31 - Feb 6 with 1048 viewsSimplyNico

200 up for Root.
Creeket is back on 08:35 - Feb 6 with 1039 viewsqprd

Creeket is back on 05:34 - Feb 6 by eastside_r

Good stuff this. Top quality, engrossing Test cricket.

Let’s be honest, this is not engrossing cricket ... A horrible pitch that is offering the bowlers absolutely nothing .... basically watching batting practice ... England fans like it bc they won the toss and are batting first
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024