Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams 17:13 - Jan 22 with 28606 viewsdavman

50 tomorrow!

As my birthday is around Cup 4th round, we never seem to play, so tomorrow is a rare one.

Surely it can't be three wins on the trot?

Pessimism keeps me high in the prediction league; I always hope I'm going to be wrong, but unfortunately since lockdown, it seems not to be the way.

A 1-1 with Dykes finally scoring in open play...
[Post edited 22 Jan 2021 17:58]

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 15:51 - Jan 23 with 1143 viewsqprd

QPR has done well to keep this 0-0

derby was excellent but they will not be able to maintain this tempo for 90 mins... they started to lag after 30 mins and that will continue in the second half

willock very good so far, very involved

strikers have been mediocre. hamalainen has had a rough match

diengs control over his box has been excellent, tho im not sure hes been test with a shot yet

tactically, i think we have 2 options:
-keep the shape and let the game follow its course, strike when derby starts to fade
-try to take control of the match proactively by switching to a back 4 and bringing on another midfielder to help us in the possession department. the logical moves to me are bringing on bettache and either subbing off cameron (whose also on a yellow) OR subbing off hamalainen and moving barbet to left back
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 15:51 - Jan 23 with 1137 viewsPinnerPaul

Rather passive start, but we've grown into the game, and come closest to scoring with the only shot on target.

This games looks like being settled by 1 goal.

Derby are winning the cut away of manager camera shots by an impressive 10-4
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 15:51 - Jan 23 with 1137 viewsjoe90

We grew into that half. Willock started to find a way through and we were making the most of the space down the right.

Derby don't look a threat going forward and if we can get the first goal I think there heads will drop.
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 15:51 - Jan 23 with 1129 viewsconnell10

First goal wins this! Much used phrase but very true for tight games like this !

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 15:51 - Jan 23 with 1124 viewsDavieQPR

Bonne could upset a tiring defence in the latter stages.
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 15:52 - Jan 23 with 1107 viewsderbyhoop

Not great.
Willock looks the most likely to unlock Derby. Austin putting himself about but Dykes and Chair anonymous.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 15:52 - Jan 23 with 1098 viewsqprd

credit to derby btw, that first 20 mins was highly entertaining football from them tho they didnt necessarily create many chances
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 15:53 - Jan 23 with 1095 viewsjoolsyp

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 15:48 - Jan 23 by essextaxiboy

Kane is having a decent game , Nico ...not so much

I've been disappointed with Chair too - apart from the one lovely cross-field pass to Kane he's really been anonymous. He's getting brushed off the ball too easily and he's not getting himself into dangerous areas the way Willock is. I think he's better when we have just the one up top, seems to be suffering with us going longer to Charlie and Lyndon.
Login to get fewer ads

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 15:53 - Jan 23 with 1086 viewsBoston

Bit dull, Derby the better side. Roll on the second half.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 15:54 - Jan 23 with 1060 viewsGreenbay

Just checked - 240 minutes since we last conceded a Championship goal - that was at Norwich from the penalty spot and 351 minutes since we conceded a Championship goal from open play.
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 15:55 - Jan 23 with 1032 viewsCLAREMAN1995

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 15:50 - Jan 23 by Stanisgod

Robinson trying to top Bonds hap hazard refereeing performance from Cardiff. Apparently you can't book a Derby player.

Are we cursed with Refs or they all bad
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 15:56 - Jan 23 with 1003 viewsNoelmc

Bit worried with Cameron on a booking. Think this ref wouldn’t need much to give a second yellow. Might be an idea to sub him and reinforce the midfield where we are being outplayed. Go 4 at the back.
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 15:58 - Jan 23 with 951 viewsdavman

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 15:50 - Jan 23 by johncharles

Happy half-time Birthday Davman. 🍾

First thirty minutes looking pretty poor - the central midfield is non-existent when they have the ball and they were walking through it at will. Next 10 minutes an improvement, but much more needed second half.

That said, we have had the best chances and could easily be 1 up.

Not a great game, is it?

Come on my team give me that birthday present!

Thanks to all of you for the b'day wishes...

Can we go out yet?

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 16:00 - Jan 23 with 899 viewsdavman

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 15:17 - Jan 23 by kropotkin41

Possession figures interesting atm..... It'd be nice if they'd let us have the ball from time to time.

Problem there is that when they do give it to us, we give it straight back.

Can we go out yet?

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 16:00 - Jan 23 with 887 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Apologies if this has been pointed out but i think we need to get Chair involved more down the left. As it is we’re only threatening down the right with Willock and Kane. Chair is the only player in the squad who can play down the left really.

Think we’re in with a shout here. The few attacks we’ve had we’ve looked quite dangerous where as Derby have had lots of play without threatening.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2021 16:01]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 16:01 - Jan 23 with 874 viewsGloucs_R

Still can't work out what position best suits Chair.

Poll: Are we staying up?

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 16:03 - Jan 23 with 792 viewsderbyhoop

Well down on possession which is unusual for us. But 4 attempts to 2 including the save by Roos.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 16:03 - Jan 23 with 790 viewsHunterhoop

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 16:01 - Jan 23 by Gloucs_R

It’s definitely no. 10 in a 4231.

He’s had a very poor first half here and does not look like he knows where to be and how to play in a midfield 3. He’s been a complete passenger.

We’re lucky to be 0-0.

Derby pressed hard. Hopefully they tire.
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 16:04 - Jan 23 with 786 viewsQPRSteve

They bring of a defender for a midfielder. Could be bad news for us.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2021 16:04]
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 16:04 - Jan 23 with 786 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Derby bring on Bird for Evans.

Underway.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 16:04 - Jan 23 with 771 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 16:01 - Jan 23 by Gloucs_R

Where he is basically behind the forwards and on the left. Trouble is he gets very little help from Niko up there and gets crowded out.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2021 16:05]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 16:06 - Jan 23 with 708 viewsBklynRanger

Where was Hammalama trying to put that ball exactly? For god sake.
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 16:07 - Jan 23 with 700 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good cross by Chair, no-one there.

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 16:07 - Jan 23 with 677 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Kane cross, headed clear. Niko gathers, corner for us on the left.

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 16:08 - Jan 23 with 1477 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Chair, good one, headed behind. Same again.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024