Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chest Pains 22:03 - Feb 1 with 6811 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Spent this afternoon and much of the evening in A&E after my GP referred me due to chest pains.

Full range of heart and blood tests quickly taken and sent home with the all-clear. The pains were caused by a virus, it seems.

Excellent health service - calm, efficient and friendly. Can't praise them enough.

Get checked out folks!!!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Chest Pains on 22:24 - Feb 1 with 1151 viewseghamranger

Glad to hear you’ve got the ok..

I bet you were worried earlier and ecstatic tonight...

Take care
Chest Pains on 22:24 - Feb 1 with 1151 viewsEastR

Good it was nothing serious Mr MC take care of yourself.

Probably the prospect of another away win brought it on

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Chest Pains on 22:29 - Feb 1 with 1132 viewsflynnbo

Rangers tend to have that effect on people, Brian! Glad to hear you're well. Take care and COYRS!
Chest Pains on 22:35 - Feb 1 with 1106 viewslondonscottish

Chest Pains on 22:06 - Feb 1 by BrianMcCarthy

Thanks lads. I feel great. Just thought I'd mention it to my Doctor and she sent me packing to A&E due to me being 50!

Good to hear you're fine Brian.

Back in December, I had some very odd heart flutters that started at about 2.00 in the afternoon and then continued on and off through to Sunday.

My kid's got a mate with a GP for a mum so I called here for an informal chat and she told me I was 56 and should to go straight to A&E which I did.

Turned out it was a combo of not drinking enough water, drinking too much coffee then going for a hard run. Then not drinking any water and charging off to Whetsone to pick up some trellising. Then driving back and fitting it without any break.

Anyway, I was fine & the NHS were brilliant.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Chest Pains on 22:36 - Feb 1 with 1096 viewsenfieldargh

Keep well Brian, I'm going to have a stiff Jamesons to celebrate your well being....and 3 points

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Chest Pains on 22:37 - Feb 1 with 1079 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

All the best Brian. Glad you’re ok.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Chest Pains on 22:41 - Feb 1 with 1057 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Chest Pains on 22:35 - Feb 1 by londonscottish

Good to hear you're fine Brian.

Back in December, I had some very odd heart flutters that started at about 2.00 in the afternoon and then continued on and off through to Sunday.

My kid's got a mate with a GP for a mum so I called here for an informal chat and she told me I was 56 and should to go straight to A&E which I did.

Turned out it was a combo of not drinking enough water, drinking too much coffee then going for a hard run. Then not drinking any water and charging off to Whetsone to pick up some trellising. Then driving back and fitting it without any break.

Anyway, I was fine & the NHS were brilliant.

We're very lucky to have the NHS and the HSE (Irish equivalent).

They should be protected against any threat from any direction.

Chest Pains on 22:41 - Feb 1 with 1054 viewsstevec

Worried there was something seriously wrong with you when you said Feb 1st is the start of Spring, did they do a head test?

Glad to hear you’re alright though.
Login to get fewer ads

Chest Pains on 22:43 - Feb 1 with 1032 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Chest Pains on 22:41 - Feb 1 by stevec

Worried there was something seriously wrong with you when you said Feb 1st is the start of Spring, did they do a head test?

Glad to hear you’re alright though.

I came out of A&E earlier, Steve, and it was hammering rain as I walked to the car.
I passed another man with his coat pulled over his head.

"First day of Spring, my arse" says he, and I laughed.

Chest Pains on 22:50 - Feb 1 with 1003 viewsMyke

Hope you're okay Brian. Our Health Service is second to none. Spent 7 of the last 11 days in hospital with a suspected stroke. I had every test and scan done imaginable. All by friendly efficient staff despite the times we are in. Not a stroke apparently because all tests clear. Only downside is they haven't figured out what it is
Chest Pains on 22:53 - Feb 1 with 987 viewsPaddyhoops

Glad to hear you're well Brian.
Stay safe!!
Chest Pains on 22:53 - Feb 1 with 987 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Brian and Myke - I don't know you boys but I hope you're both fit and firing soon.
Chest Pains on 22:55 - Feb 1 with 977 viewsSimonJames

Take things easy and I hope you make a speedy recovery. Maybe the end of our transfer window might generate a laugh or cheer (but probably nothing at all

100% of people who drink water will die.

Chest Pains on 22:57 - Feb 1 with 973 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Chest Pains on 22:50 - Feb 1 by Myke

Hope you're okay Brian. Our Health Service is second to none. Spent 7 of the last 11 days in hospital with a suspected stroke. I had every test and scan done imaginable. All by friendly efficient staff despite the times we are in. Not a stroke apparently because all tests clear. Only downside is they haven't figured out what it is

Best wishes, Myke.

Glad you got the all-clear. Don't worry too much about them not being able to pinpoint the cause precisely. Many times they can't. Feel good that they've given you a full and thorough examination and that you've passed it.

Keep well, a chara.

Chest Pains on 23:09 - Feb 1 with 941 viewshook_hoops

Glad to hear you're ok Brian, we can't afford to lose good, decent fans like yourself. I hope the game tonight didn't give you any more health scares!
Chest Pains on 23:11 - Feb 1 with 927 viewsloftus77

Chest Pains on 22:53 - Feb 1 by Benny_the_Ball

Brian and Myke - I don't know you boys but I hope you're both fit and firing soon.

+1. Take care fellas.
Chest Pains on 23:27 - Feb 1 with 901 viewsWokingham_r

Chest Pains on 23:11 - Feb 1 by loftus77

+1. Take care fellas.

+ 1 more
Take extra care you two guys
Chest Pains on 23:31 - Feb 1 with 889 viewsAntti_Heinola

Glad you're ok Brian - take care mate.

Bare bones.

Chest Pains on 23:33 - Feb 1 with 884 viewsdaveB

glad you are OK, hopefully QPR helped your recovery tonight
Chest Pains on 23:41 - Feb 1 with 876 viewsNortholt_Rs

Chest Pains on 22:57 - Feb 1 by BrianMcCarthy

Best wishes, Myke.

Glad you got the all-clear. Don't worry too much about them not being able to pinpoint the cause precisely. Many times they can't. Feel good that they've given you a full and thorough examination and that you've passed it.

Keep well, a chara.

I’m glad you are well Brian. OOI what kind of pains were you experiencing? Did they say what the virus was that’s causing the heart pain? I bet you nearly had an actual heart attack in the 90 min tonight! Immense result. Stay safe and COYRs!!!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Chest Pains on 23:44 - Feb 1 with 865 viewsBoston

Chest Pains on 22:08 - Feb 1 by dublinr

Glad you're OK, Brian. Must have been worrying.

My boy was in tallaght this afternoon (suspected broken arm -just a sprain) and they were great too. Quick as well.

Take it easy. And don't follow the games for a while...

Broken arms come free in Tallaght.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Chest Pains on 23:45 - Feb 1 with 865 viewsstowmarketrange

Best wishes to you both for a full recovery,and take it easy for a while.

We had one of our drivers who collapsed and died suddenly of a suspected heart attack last Monday.He was a really nice bloke who had just brought his wife and adult children over Poland so he could see more of them during the lockdown.
He was only 46,and as far as we know,he hadn’t had any warning signs.At least he was stationary in the docks when it happened,or I dread to think what would’ve happened if he’d been driving a 44t truck.

If you’re worried about any chest pains,make sure you get it checked out.Better a wasted trip than a life lost.
Stay safe everyone.
Chest Pains on 23:50 - Feb 1 with 853 viewsA40Bosh

Glad to hear that it is nothing sinister Brian.

I had that fluttering thing again the other day but realised that I gone from drinking a single cup of tea most mornings to having 4 cups of coffee that day because the house wouldn't warm up - and I hadn't had much water either - stupid things like that which bring you out in a sweat when you are over 50!

Hope you get over the virus soon mate.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Chest Pains on 23:50 - Feb 1 with 854 viewsDavieQPR

Glad you are okay. Warning to us all I had chest pains but more like bad indigestion and left it for a while. Eventually phoned ambulance and they confirmed I'd had a heart attack and rushed me to Barts where I had four stents fitted. Still got heart scarring and a leaky valve. It's very often not someone just grabbing their chest in pain. So if in doubt get it checked out. Ambulances have all the equipment.
Chest Pains on 23:50 - Feb 1 with 854 viewsDannyPaddox

McCarthy chest pains!

CTN ...

comes to nothing 👍🏼
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024