Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread 09:00 - Feb 23 with 34174 viewsDorse

It has been estimated that approximately 13.8 billion years have passed since the beginning of the universe as we know it. Scientists have calculated that around 39% of that time has been wasted by Preston players feigning injury, complaining to the ref or kicking the ball away when their team is a goal up. These figures are startling: it seemed so much longer at the time.

What, if anything, can we expect playing north of Watford gap, midweek, at Preston? Under normal circumstances, a piss-boiling display of rampant gob-bummery administered ad nauseum by the game's foremost exponents of the Dark Arts. Coached by Baphomet himself, Preston have clearly offered their first born daughters to the Evil One in order to gain mystical control over time itself and weakened the minds of Championship referees. Is there any hope?

Yep. We got Charlie Austin. So there.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2021 8:54]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 21:49 - Feb 24 with 1664 viewsBoston

Happy enough, if only Kane had had a better day, those crosses could have brought a result.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 21:50 - Feb 24 with 1658 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 21:45 - Feb 24 by Burnleyhoop

Kane....dear oh dear 😳

Some seriously low scores to come from that performance, with not a seven to be seen.

Dieng my MOTM. Clean sheet in those conditions an excellent achievement - 8.

Barbet and Cameron excellent at the back -7s.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 21:50 - Feb 24 with 1655 viewsdistortR

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 21:44 - Feb 24 by BrazilNutR

Brazilian commentator said that final "cross" by Kane was symbolic of QPR's performance...

They were also shocked by the PNE player who threw himself to the ground trying to get Bonne sent off.. which for Brazilians to complain about that sort of shithousery means it is pretty damn serious..

could have lost it, but was also there for the taking.. strange game.

gurnam singh would have booked Bonne!
The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 21:51 - Feb 24 with 1645 viewsStanisgod

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 21:47 - Feb 24 by essextaxiboy

Time to change it for Birmingham , We are knackered

So are the players 😁

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 21:52 - Feb 24 with 1612 viewsMickS

Rubbish game, decent point. Err, that’s it.
The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 21:54 - Feb 24 with 1554 viewsVancouverHoop

I'm a little surprised there weren't more subs and/or they weren't made earlier but, all things considered, a point at Preston is never to be sneezed at.
The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 21:54 - Feb 24 with 1549 viewsdistortR

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 21:52 - Feb 24 by MickS

Rubbish game, decent point. Err, that’s it.

loathsome scumbag evans didn't score
The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 21:55 - Feb 24 with 1533 viewskensalriser

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 21:49 - Feb 24 by Greenbay

This is being silly.
We have two games in hand on most of the teams above us.
If we win both - a big if - then we would only be 3 points off the play-offs!
This is ridiculous even thinking about it - considering we were down in the relegation zone just a few weeks ago.
We're 11 points clear of 3rd from bottom Rotherham - same amount of games.
Top half of the table finish would be fantastic.
But we can all dream about play-offs - don't you think?

When were we in the bottom three?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 21:58 - Feb 24 with 1464 viewsBenny_the_Ball

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 21:43 - Feb 24 by rsonist

It's no use moaning guys, Kane keeps his fingers in his ears when he reads the internet and during crossing practice.

Anyone who can read the internet with his ears should find crossing a ball a doddle.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2021 21:58]
The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 21:59 - Feb 24 with 1440 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 21:58 - Feb 24 by Benny_the_Ball

Anyone who can read the internet with his ears should find crossing a ball a doddle.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2021 21:58]

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 21:59 - Feb 24 with 1433 viewsGreenbay

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 21:55 - Feb 24 by kensalriser

When were we in the bottom three?

Relegation zone - emphasis on the zone.
Or use another word - how about area.
Relegation zone does not mean in the bottom three.
The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 22:05 - Feb 24 with 1324 viewsBurnleyhoop

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 21:50 - Feb 24 by BrianMcCarthy

Dieng my MOTM. Clean sheet in those conditions an excellent achievement - 8.

Barbet and Cameron excellent at the back -7s.

Dieng had one shot to save, hardly worthy of an 8. The best of a mediocre bunch admittedly. The boy is consistent.

The defence often a sixes and sevens, particularly in the first half. Distribution pretty poor tonight imo.

Willock again showed the huge benefit of Having somebody that can hold the ball and pick a well weighted and timed pass with Austin finally getting a decent shot off when fed. We absolutely need some quality and guile in the final third. Relying on Kane, Wallace and Dykes to produce seems madness when we have Willock and Adoma sat in the stands. Surely we can’t expect them to come on for 15 mins and win the game every week?
The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 22:06 - Feb 24 with 1321 viewsloftus77

Fine result that Rangers. A good night's work up in the north. This would have been lost in many seasons gone by.

You could say we're back to 'square one' now (W10, D10, L10) so in many ways our season 'starts again' . Anything is still possible, and there should be a lot of confidence right across the squad for the 16 games ahead.
The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 22:06 - Feb 24 with 1305 viewsed_83

Echo all the comments on here - a shame we offered so little going forward against a poor team on a bad run, but we looked more solid at the back than we have done at many points this season, and a clean sheet and a point against Preston, away from home, in terrible conditions, is nothing to sniff at.

Thought Barbet was quietly excellent, Cameron and Dickie both very good, Dieng my MOM despite a few minor slips. Seems clear we need to start using the squad more as the fixtures stack up and players start tiring, wouldn’t be remotely surprised to see Willock and Field starting on Saturday.

Not the greatest display tonight but with a decent run of fixtures ahead, I reckon we can feel confident about putting it behind us nice and quickly.
The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 22:08 - Feb 24 with 1284 viewsrrrspricey

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 21:59 - Feb 24 by Greenbay

Yes it does

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dictionary.cambridge.org/amp/english/relegation-zon
The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 22:15 - Feb 24 with 1208 viewsMrSheen

Christmas has come early for the guano removers.
The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 22:18 - Feb 24 with 1171 viewsStanisgod

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 22:05 - Feb 24 by Burnleyhoop

Dieng had one shot to save, hardly worthy of an 8. The best of a mediocre bunch admittedly. The boy is consistent.

The defence often a sixes and sevens, particularly in the first half. Distribution pretty poor tonight imo.

Willock again showed the huge benefit of Having somebody that can hold the ball and pick a well weighted and timed pass with Austin finally getting a decent shot off when fed. We absolutely need some quality and guile in the final third. Relying on Kane, Wallace and Dykes to produce seems madness when we have Willock and Adoma sat in the stands. Surely we can’t expect them to come on for 15 mins and win the game every week?

Especially as Chaz has gone off by then

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 22:19 - Feb 24 with 1148 viewsSK_hoops

I'll take a point from any game shown on sky.
The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 22:19 - Feb 24 with 1142 viewskensalriser

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 21:59 - Feb 24 by Greenbay

Yes, it does, at least ever since I started following football circa 1973.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 22:21 - Feb 24 with 1127 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 22:05 - Feb 24 by Burnleyhoop

Maybe 8 is a touch high, but I'll stick on it.

4 saves, plus 2 high balls, plus 2 low, plus 1 other handle in those conditions and a clean sheet is excellent. Kicking was off but we'll put that down to the conditions.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2021 2:54]

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 22:23 - Feb 24 with 1102 viewsstainrods_elbow

We take the point and move on, as the saying goes. Mostly mediocre game, with a few chances for both sides. Lack of quality in crucial moments from them and from us, so typical Champ fare in many ways. Kane was pretty dire, I felt, which was unfortunate, as most of our attacks came down our right-hand side to die a death. Dieng, Barbet and Dickie were all solid. Chair fizzed and feinted in the 2nd half after a pretty anonymous first period. Charlie looked rather old.

I felt Dykes at least got into one or two positions when he was on the pitch but he still lacks finesse and conviction in front of goal - which may change or may not. We were initially a bit better when he was replaced by Willock, though not much. Too many players were at fives and sixes (better, I suppose, than sixes and sevens) to make a 0-0 just about as good as we deserved.

Annoyingly as usual, Warburton told Sky that Preston is a 'very, very tough place to come', except it isn't - they've lost NINE games at home! It's a point and a clean sheet, I guess, but hardly much to write home about.

We probably need to make one or two changes for Birmignham. I would consider benching Dykes and Wallace and starting de Wijis if finally fit. Use as much of Kane's training as possible to practise him hitting crosses to a Rangers player. Uncle also deserves a start. Warburton talks about the improtance of using the squad and needs to, because that was tired and luke-warm, though I don't think there was a lack of effort.

Having said that, as we all know, these are games that traditionally we lose, so I circle back to my opening sentence. Glass half-full or half-empty then, according to taste.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 22:30 - Feb 24 with 1042 viewsted_hendrix

Can't expect to much nice football, we're playing three games a week and It's taking it's toll, It's the same for every club in this league.
Positives for me is that clean sheet, that and the fact that the relegation zone has got a bit further away, the bottom three clubs need to start worrying now having to knock out virtually three games each week.
Us and PNE on 40 points each say's it all as of today's date.
Couple of Months ago we'd have lost tonight.
Our recent progress has been nothing short of superb.
That's how I see it anyway.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 22:33 - Feb 24 with 1020 viewsMyke

Shocking second half by both teams. Am I right in saying Austin's shot in the second half was the only shot on target by either side in the second half? And he looked completely shattered shortly afterwards, walking back from an off-side position. Not himself at all tonight
The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 22:33 - Feb 24 with 1010 viewsstainrods_elbow

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 21:54 - Feb 24 by VancouverHoop

I'm a little surprised there weren't more subs and/or they weren't made earlier but, all things considered, a point at Preston is never to be sneezed at.

So, for you, time is some kind of unchanging eternal recurrence of the same? Preston have lost 9 out of 16 home games, scoring a paltry 11 goals. On paper, there was never a better time to be playing them. With more quality and conviction, that was a game there to be won. There's no good reason we should have been any more tired than them either.

I'll take a meh-ish point after the little run we've been on but not without a soupcon of rue.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 22:39 - Feb 24 with 955 viewsBurnleyhoop

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 22:21 - Feb 24 by BrianMcCarthy

Maybe 8 is a touch high, but I'll stick on it.

4 saves, plus 2 high balls, plus 2 low, plus 1 other handle in those conditions and a clean sheet is excellent. Kicking was off but we'll put that down to the conditions.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2021 2:54]

Didn’t really have to change out of his club suit to deal with most of that...although he does make it look easy. Great keeper no doubt.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024