Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lyndon Dykes 21:07 - Mar 17 with 43363 viewsDWQPR

Best game for the club by a long way tonight. May not be a natural goalscorer but certainly a good foil for Austin. He gave his all tonight. Was unbeatable in the air, harried their defence all night and left nothing in the tank. Well done lad.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Lyndon Dykes on 08:24 - Mar 18 with 3288 viewsgazza1

Agreed, was his best overall game for the Club. Lets see if this can continue, appears to have a good attitude and work ethic.

Well done, not 100% sure he was MOM though.
Lyndon Dykes on 08:31 - Mar 18 with 3272 viewsw7r

He really deserved a goal for that performance, worked his nuts off didn’t hide or let his head drop. Only one to come out of the appalling first 45 with any credit.

If he could add goals to his game he really would be some player, he’s got a great attitude and a physicality about him.

Keep going Lyndon.
Lyndon Dykes on 09:01 - Mar 18 with 3171 viewsstevec

He did have a decent game last night, his best game since Forest, but that leaves a helluva gap on the middle part of his seasons CV.

Let’s see him produce against Reading, and the rest of the season rather than reinventing a new reality purely on the basis of last nights performance.

The chest down and lay offs have been decent in the middle third of the pitch, last night was the first time he looked more confident outside the box facing the goal with the ball at his feet. What was previously causing brain freeze in this scenario may have been nerves which is a little surprising in front of empty stadiums but it was pleasing to see this at last. In the area, he still didn’t look the part, either in the wrong position or just out of reach of good crosses. Maybe it’s just bad luck, I’m not convinced. I imagine there’s stats out there that show other centre forwards in this league with one goal in open play, whether they’re regulars in their side, I’m happy to be educated.

Genuinely hope he comes good but he reminds me more of us lot than a pro footballer, the brain is telling the feet what to do, it’s just the time it takes to get that message down to the feet that’s the problem.
Lyndon Dykes on 09:28 - Mar 18 with 3121 viewsfrancisbowles

He played well from the first minute until he was subbed near the end. Great effort, great leaps and consistently good with the ball, for possibly the first time in our shirt. MOM for me. I hope that performance has rebuilt his shattered confidence and that he can carry on at this level
Lyndon Dykes on 09:46 - Mar 18 with 3056 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 09:01 - Mar 18 by stevec

He did have a decent game last night, his best game since Forest, but that leaves a helluva gap on the middle part of his seasons CV.

Let’s see him produce against Reading, and the rest of the season rather than reinventing a new reality purely on the basis of last nights performance.

The chest down and lay offs have been decent in the middle third of the pitch, last night was the first time he looked more confident outside the box facing the goal with the ball at his feet. What was previously causing brain freeze in this scenario may have been nerves which is a little surprising in front of empty stadiums but it was pleasing to see this at last. In the area, he still didn’t look the part, either in the wrong position or just out of reach of good crosses. Maybe it’s just bad luck, I’m not convinced. I imagine there’s stats out there that show other centre forwards in this league with one goal in open play, whether they’re regulars in their side, I’m happy to be educated.

Genuinely hope he comes good but he reminds me more of us lot than a pro footballer, the brain is telling the feet what to do, it’s just the time it takes to get that message down to the feet that’s the problem.

Bit on the negative side Steve.......I think what we are saying is that it was a great improvement and long may it continue & his attitude appears to be good.

I am far from convinced that he will be good enough to play more than a handful of games if we had two decent strikers.
Lyndon Dykes on 09:52 - Mar 18 with 3037 viewsnix

Lyndon Dykes on 09:28 - Mar 18 by francisbowles

He played well from the first minute until he was subbed near the end. Great effort, great leaps and consistently good with the ball, for possibly the first time in our shirt. MOM for me. I hope that performance has rebuilt his shattered confidence and that he can carry on at this level

I think he's shown flashes of this in a number of matches. He was certainly more consistently good last night. Maybe some of CA, Warburton etc is starting to run off on him plus he's benefiting from more experience in the Championship.
Lyndon Dykes on 10:13 - Mar 18 with 2990 viewsHunterhoop

Yep. Best game for us. MotM for me. A real handful in the air, holding up and running the channels. Used it well too.

He needs to take some confidence from that, build on it through the remainder of the season and start next season afresh.

There is a decent player in there. We should be able to afford him a warm up season (age, experience, coming from Scotland, etc). It’s all about him hitting the ground running next season now.
Lyndon Dykes on 10:31 - Mar 18 with 2951 viewsWadR

Also thought he played well last night. There's enough about his physicality, aggression, hold up play and work rate to make me think there's potentially a really good player there.

Don't get me wrong, he's been poor for the majority of the season, but think target men types do take longer to flourish. Dykes is only 25, Kieffer Moore is 28, at Dykes' age he'd had a couple of ineffectual seasons at the Championship level and only scored regularly at League One level. This season Moore has 16 goals and is probably the best ST in Dykes' mould in the league. At 25, Glenn Murray hadn't played any higher than League 1, likewise Grant Holt.

And that's without taking into account the fact Dykes played rugby league in his youth barely played football until he was like 14 and has risen up to the Championship/International football super quickly.
Login to get fewer ads

Lyndon Dykes on 19:24 - Mar 18 with 2779 viewsDannyPaddox

Lyndon Dykes on 22:26 - Mar 18 with 2677 viewsGloryHunter

It doesn't matter if Lyndon is not a prolific scorer. For me, he is more of an Emile Heskey type player - he'll get a few goals over his career, but his value to the team is far greater than that. Just look at his delicate touch-off to Lee Wallace for the equalizing goal yeaterday, on the alternative view vid. And, as someone else has said, that long throw being discovered must have given him a boost. Is that a skill from his rugby league days?

Also, Lyndon being racially abused by Rod Liddle has given him a big leg-up in my view of him.
Lyndon Dykes on 09:58 - Mar 19 with 2538 viewsfrancisbowles

Lyndon Dykes on 10:13 - Mar 18 by Hunterhoop

Yep. Best game for us. MotM for me. A real handful in the air, holding up and running the channels. Used it well too.

He needs to take some confidence from that, build on it through the remainder of the season and start next season afresh.

There is a decent player in there. We should be able to afford him a warm up season (age, experience, coming from Scotland, etc). It’s all about him hitting the ground running next season now.

I think the recent 'rest' has helped as well. He has played a lot of football this season with having started the Scottish season, before our pre season friendly and then all the internationals.
Lyndon Dykes on 10:25 - Mar 19 with 2493 viewsgazza1

He has had one 'half decent' game, he did a few good things, nothing exceptional.....that is it. MoM v Millwall, maybe but that doesn't make his overall performance as 'good' because there were a few players that we poor.

Long may it his improvement continue.

PS - Our expectations of him are pretty low now because the other 20 matches he has been very limited indeed.
Lyndon Dykes on 11:09 - Mar 19 with 2443 viewsfrancisbowles

It still doesn't change the fact that he has played 44 games already this season! I agree with Nix that he has shown flashes of his ability but lately it has gone badly downhill.

The guy needed a mental and physical break and when recalled has responded well. So I agree with you let's hope this has improved his confidence and he goes on to replicate this performance.
Lyndon Dykes on 11:26 - Mar 19 with 2428 viewsRs_Holy

Lyndon Dykes on 11:09 - Mar 19 by francisbowles

It still doesn't change the fact that he has played 44 games already this season! I agree with Nix that he has shown flashes of his ability but lately it has gone badly downhill.

The guy needed a mental and physical break and when recalled has responded well. So I agree with you let's hope this has improved his confidence and he goes on to replicate this performance.

If he plays like he did against Millwall for the rest of the season I will be happy... He made a big difference in the 2nd half.
Lyndon Dykes on 13:34 - Jan 10 with 2040 viewsE17hoop

Lots of noise about Dykes on the football rumour websites - Bournemouth, Burnley, Newcastle, and Rangers all alleged to be interested in him.

Hoping it's just click bait; he's got more to do for us.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Lyndon Dykes on 13:49 - Jan 10 with 1965 viewsNorthernr

Lyndon Dykes on 13:34 - Jan 10 by E17hoop

Lots of noise about Dykes on the football rumour websites - Bournemouth, Burnley, Newcastle, and Rangers all alleged to be interested in him.

Hoping it's just click bait; he's got more to do for us.

I'm not at Gazza levels with him, but I think the idea that he could go and make any impact at all in the Prem is a bit fanciful atm. To me he needs another 18 months, and a good deal of improvement, at this level first. Touch and hold up play especially is barely League One. I'm not sure he's really much better than Polter at this point. I think he can and will get better as he plays more at this level, a lot of growth left in him certainly, but Newcastle would be even madder than I already think they are to pay big money atm.
Lyndon Dykes on 13:54 - Jan 10 with 1921 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Lyndon Dykes on 13:49 - Jan 10 by Northernr

I'm not at Gazza levels with him, but I think the idea that he could go and make any impact at all in the Prem is a bit fanciful atm. To me he needs another 18 months, and a good deal of improvement, at this level first. Touch and hold up play especially is barely League One. I'm not sure he's really much better than Polter at this point. I think he can and will get better as he plays more at this level, a lot of growth left in him certainly, but Newcastle would be even madder than I already think they are to pay big money atm.

I think he's much better than Polter, but I agree that he's probably not ready for the Premier League. At least not yet. I think he needs a strong second half to the season. Put that together with his strong finish to last season and his promising start to this season and then there's an established CV that might attract bids from a few of the Premier league clubs.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Lyndon Dykes on 14:30 - Jan 10 with 1818 viewsnix

Lyndon Dykes on 13:54 - Jan 10 by BrianMcCarthy

I think he's much better than Polter, but I agree that he's probably not ready for the Premier League. At least not yet. I think he needs a strong second half to the season. Put that together with his strong finish to last season and his promising start to this season and then there's an established CV that might attract bids from a few of the Premier league clubs.

I agree. He's much more creative than Polter from memory. He tries to set other people up and bring them into the game.

I also agree he could work on his first touch. He also needs to improve his decision making in front of goal as he tends to shoot too often at the goalie. So I'd be surprised if any eon bought him now, and if they did they'd have to do so knowing he's not the finished product.
Lyndon Dykes on 14:51 - Jan 10 with 1736 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I’d like to think we can and we have moved on from having to compare any of our current strikers’ improvement with Seb Polter.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Lyndon Dykes on 14:55 - Jan 10 with 1725 viewsNorthernr

Lyndon Dykes on 14:51 - Jan 10 by PlanetHonneywood

I’d like to think we can and we have moved on from having to compare any of our current strikers’ improvement with Seb Polter.

Ok, sorry, but point stands, he's very, very raw to be talking about a Prem move atm.
Lyndon Dykes on 15:01 - Jan 10 with 1680 viewssimmo

He's a top half Championship striker currently and his improvement in the last 18 months, as with the previous few years, shows that his trajectory is still upwards and he could become the best we've had for a long while. He's a 20 goal season away from a Chris Wood style bid from Burnley and that's his only chance at a PL move currently, it's best for all that he stays and keeps working. Some good showings for Scotland in the WC might help accelerate that!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Lyndon Dykes on 15:01 - Jan 10 with 1683 viewsTheChef

Lyndon Dykes on 14:55 - Jan 10 by Northernr

Ok, sorry, but point stands, he's very, very raw to be talking about a Prem move atm.

He's an international don'tcha know?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Lyndon Dykes on 15:05 - Jan 10 with 1651 viewsNorthernr

Lyndon Dykes on 15:01 - Jan 10 by TheChef

He's an international don'tcha know?

He is, and a couple of goals at the Euros would probably have seen somebody do something stupid to get him.

I'm probably coming across wrong, I like him a lot, I think we're a much better team with him in it, great potential for further improvement. But... long way off Prem atm.
Lyndon Dykes on 15:07 - Jan 10 with 1634 viewsTheChef

Lyndon Dykes on 15:05 - Jan 10 by Northernr

He is, and a couple of goals at the Euros would probably have seen somebody do something stupid to get him.

I'm probably coming across wrong, I like him a lot, I think we're a much better team with him in it, great potential for further improvement. But... long way off Prem atm.

Yeah I agree he's not ready yet. But you know, Prem teams do stupid things.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Lyndon Dykes on 15:09 - Jan 10 with 1620 viewsNorthernr

Lyndon Dykes on 15:07 - Jan 10 by TheChef

Yeah I agree he's not ready yet. But you know, Prem teams do stupid things.

Well yes, as I said on another thread last week, big lumpy strikers of very limited ability have gone for some ludicrous money - Zahore, Rondon, Hugill, Madine...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024