Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lyndon Dykes 21:07 - Mar 17 with 43635 viewsDWQPR

Best game for the club by a long way tonight. May not be a natural goalscorer but certainly a good foil for Austin. He gave his all tonight. Was unbeatable in the air, harried their defence all night and left nothing in the tank. Well done lad.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Lyndon Dykes on 15:17 - Jan 12 with 2829 viewsStainrod

Lyndon Dykes on 14:00 - Jan 12 by themodfather

dykes is a scottish top international, a euro championship player, good penalty taker and if wood is £25m dykes is a snip at £10m and burnley can now splash out. i am not anti dykes can he doesn't look like scoring another 10-15 we need to secure p/offs imo.

think I've already posted a stat saying he has scored something like 14 in his last 28 so if he simply keeps scoring at that rate he arguably is a 20-goal a season striker. Whether he gets there is debatable because we rotate between 3 strikers often for just one place but that is hardly his fault.
Lyndon Dykes on 15:23 - Jan 12 with 2805 viewskensalriser

Minutes per goal this season 215,which is 14th best in the Championship among players who have scored at least 6 goals.

I suspect Brereton would be the top choice for a lower PL club with 10m looking to raid the championship.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Lyndon Dykes on 15:42 - Jan 12 with 2743 viewsTonto

If we get a big enough offer, then our operating model is to let him go. i dont have an issue with that

I also trust the scouting network at our club to have a potential replacement signed up. it wasnt always thus. but hopefully we wont have our pant pulled down in January by looking desperate.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Lyndon Dykes on 15:45 - Jan 12 with 2741 viewsStainrod

Lyndon Dykes on 15:23 - Jan 12 by kensalriser

Minutes per goal this season 215,which is 14th best in the Championship among players who have scored at least 6 goals.

I suspect Brereton would be the top choice for a lower PL club with 10m looking to raid the championship.

Agree Brereton would be hugely more in demand that Lyndon (and that is not meant as any disrespect to Dykes, you just can't argue with Brereton's goals). But unless Blackburn are desperate they would be mad to sell now even for £30m. Unlike us they are a one man team (in terms of scoring) so if he goes they don't go up, simple as that (unless they can get in another brilliant goalscorer super quick which is probably unlikely). And they currently must be sitting there thinking "we are former Premier League Champions, and this is our best chance of going up in years." And if it goes tits up for them they can always cash in this summer, there will always be a market for top goalscorers.
Lyndon Dykes on 22:15 - Jan 15 with 2421 viewsgazza1

Any comments on our £10 million players performance today, good or bad
Lyndon Dykes on 22:17 - Jan 15 with 2400 viewsWatfordR

Lyndon Dykes on 22:15 - Jan 15 by gazza1

There's a thread on Sam Field waiting for your comments too.
Lyndon Dykes on 22:19 - Jan 15 with 2370 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 22:17 - Jan 15 by WatfordR

There's a thread on Sam Field waiting for your comments too.

Sam Field was ok, nothing special.

But hey this is a Dykes thread, why bring Field into this thread Watford???
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 22:20]
Lyndon Dykes on 22:20 - Jan 15 with 2370 viewsWatfordR

Lyndon Dykes on 22:19 - Jan 15 by gazza1

Sam Field was ok, nothing special.

But hey this is a Dykes thread, why bring Field into this thread Watford???
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 22:20]

Did I mention there's a thread on Sam Field waiting for your comments too.
Login to get fewer ads

Lyndon Dykes on 22:21 - Jan 15 with 2364 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I thought he did his best. Lasted 90 minutes.

Passing and shooting was a bit off.

They had Matty Phillips up front who cost £5m from us.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Lyndon Dykes on 22:24 - Jan 15 with 2315 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 22:21 - Jan 15 by CliveWilsonSaid

I thought he did his best. Lasted 90 minutes.

Passing and shooting was a bit off.

They had Matty Phillips up front who cost £5m from us.

Sadly his best isnt too good but £10 mill.....yes please.
Lyndon Dykes on 22:28 - Jan 15 with 2300 viewsdaveB

I thought he had a good game today, worked hard for us up front
Lyndon Dykes on 22:30 - Jan 15 with 2273 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 22:28 - Jan 15 by daveB

I want a bit more than working hard Dave.......controlling the ball would be very good and passing to our players would also be nice.

Very average performance by Dykes and Gray.
Lyndon Dykes on 22:32 - Jan 15 with 2268 viewsWatfordR

Lyndon Dykes on 22:28 - Jan 15 by daveB

Yeah this. He's ours, he works his nuts off for us, and I'd be very happy for him to be here with us all season.

If someone wants to pay silly money for him, and we can replace him with as good or better within our budget and wage structure in January, so be it.
Lyndon Dykes on 22:36 - Jan 15 with 2248 viewsLongsufferingR

Strange. Is it just me whose first thought atm is to revel in today's result and a great 2nd half performance rather than pointing out who was below par today just for a bout of I told you so?
Lyndon Dykes on 22:40 - Jan 15 with 2214 viewsdmm

Lyndon Dykes on 22:36 - Jan 15 by LongsufferingR

Strange. Is it just me whose first thought atm is to revel in today's result and a great 2nd half performance rather than pointing out who was below par today just for a bout of I told you so?

I've no idea why any Rs supporter would want to do anything else other than bask in the win today. Complaining about our players has been the last thing on my mind this evening. They all deserve praise both collectively and individually.
Lyndon Dykes on 22:40 - Jan 15 with 2207 viewsWatfordR

No. It's just gazza. Great game, great support, great performances all over the field, but he wants to dig out a thread casting aspersions on the value of one of our players.
Lyndon Dykes on 22:42 - Jan 15 with 2185 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 22:40 - Jan 15 by WatfordR

No. It's just gazza. Great game, great support, great performances all over the field, but he wants to dig out a thread casting aspersions on the value of one of our players.

Great performance need to be 'great' Watford........it wasnt a great performance. More a 'job done' with a few good performances. Enjoyable, yes, of course.
Lyndon Dykes on 23:07 - Jan 15 with 2122 viewsWatfordR

Lyndon Dykes on 22:42 - Jan 15 by gazza1

Great performance need to be 'great' Watford........it wasnt a great performance. More a 'job done' with a few good performances. Enjoyable, yes, of course.

I appreciate of course back in the black and white days when you used to play in shorts down to your knees that left backs moving into the opposing half of the field constituted a great performance.

These boys aren't playing in the Champions League for a reason, but it doesn't mean by Championship standards that wasn't a great performance.

By Championship standards, that was a great performance today, and you need a bit of fun in your life if you can't admit it.
Lyndon Dykes on 23:11 - Jan 15 with 2083 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 23:07 - Jan 15 by WatfordR

I appreciate of course back in the black and white days when you used to play in shorts down to your knees that left backs moving into the opposing half of the field constituted a great performance.

These boys aren't playing in the Champions League for a reason, but it doesn't mean by Championship standards that wasn't a great performance.

By Championship standards, that was a great performance today, and you need a bit of fun in your life if you can't admit it.

Done well, job done, etc, etc is fine by me but when I hear 'great' then that is well wrong, it wasn't great it was OK!!!

PS - I have loads of fun in my life, loads and loads, thanks.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 23:13]
Lyndon Dykes on 02:40 - Jan 16 with 1945 viewsParkRoyalR

Lyndon Dykes on 23:11 - Jan 15 by gazza1

Done well, job done, etc, etc is fine by me but when I hear 'great' then that is well wrong, it wasn't great it was OK!!!

PS - I have loads of fun in my life, loads and loads, thanks.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 23:13]

WBA's team cost 10 times ours, Field superb, Dykes decent and we have a supposed QPR fan digging for negatives after a superb performance today - Gazza, get a life, get a wife, u R's!!
Lyndon Dykes on 08:44 - Jan 16 with 1761 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 02:40 - Jan 16 by ParkRoyalR

WBA's team cost 10 times ours, Field superb, Dykes decent and we have a supposed QPR fan digging for negatives after a superb performance today - Gazza, get a life, get a wife, u R's!!

So what that WBA costs 10 times as much as ours - you point is???

No negatives about the game whatsoever....just do not agree with some posters comments about Field and Dykes - they are totally OTT.

I enjoyed the game, enjoyed the performance, enjoyed the day - what more do you want??

Get a life eh, if only you knew!!!
Lyndon Dykes on 08:59 - Jan 16 with 1704 viewsgazza1

Come on Longstanding, I have not pointed out 'below par'......I have not 'slagged' any player, just put a more balanced view. Great 2nd half, yes, but as far as posters saying that Field & Dykes were 'great' is pretty ridiculous!!!
Lyndon Dykes on 09:22 - Jan 16 with 1650 viewsWatfordR

Lyndon Dykes on 08:59 - Jan 16 by gazza1

Come on Longstanding, I have not pointed out 'below par'......I have not 'slagged' any player, just put a more balanced view. Great 2nd half, yes, but as far as posters saying that Field & Dykes were 'great' is pretty ridiculous!!!

Please highlight which posters said Dykes was great today.

In fact, I'm not sure anyone posted a word about Dykes today until you did!
Lyndon Dykes on 09:51 - Jan 16 with 1580 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 09:22 - Jan 16 by WatfordR

Please highlight which posters said Dykes was great today.

In fact, I'm not sure anyone posted a word about Dykes today until you did!

I have said all I am going to say on the subject of Dykes and his performance against WBA, he was OK, nothing more for sure. If you want him to be better then you ate deluding yourself.

I'm off to watch football down the park. Good morning.
Lyndon Dykes on 09:58 - Jan 16 with 1564 viewsswisscottage

Don't feed.

[Post edited 16 Jan 2022 9:59]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024