Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lyndon Dykes 21:07 - Mar 17 with 43505 viewsDWQPR

Best game for the club by a long way tonight. May not be a natural goalscorer but certainly a good foil for Austin. He gave his all tonight. Was unbeatable in the air, harried their defence all night and left nothing in the tank. Well done lad.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Lyndon Dykes on 16:11 - Jan 11 with 3178 viewskensalriser

Lyndon Dykes on 13:55 - Jan 11 by LazyFan

All guesswork with no facts but ...

Dykes is worth £10m in this market. Who would pay that? Bournemouth. Why would they buy him? Because they will sell Solanke to Newcastle for £20m.

Why would we sell him? Because we can get £10m for him and possibly if it triggers a Prem club even up to £12m.

Bournemouth's interest is only really based upon Solanke's interest by Newcastle so, it could all be contingency by all clubs.

Wouldn't Bournemouth be looking slightly higher up this list?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/top-scorers

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Lyndon Dykes on 16:33 - Jan 11 with 3142 viewsbaz_qpr

Zero chance we would sell him to Bournemouth in this window just not in our interest. Prem club maybe, who knows
Lyndon Dykes on 16:37 - Jan 11 with 3105 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 13:55 - Jan 11 by LazyFan

All guesswork with no facts but ...

Dykes is worth £10m in this market. Who would pay that? Bournemouth. Why would they buy him? Because they will sell Solanke to Newcastle for £20m.

Why would we sell him? Because we can get £10m for him and possibly if it triggers a Prem club even up to £12m.

Bournemouth's interest is only really based upon Solanke's interest by Newcastle so, it could all be contingency by all clubs.

£10 million.......you need to visit a doctor and demand a 'face to face' appointment, no over the phone jobbie for you, tell the doctor that it's very serious.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2022 16:38]
Lyndon Dykes on 16:39 - Jan 11 with 3097 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 16:33 - Jan 11 by baz_qpr

Zero chance we would sell him to Bournemouth in this window just not in our interest. Prem club maybe, who knows

If B'mouth offer £10 million he will be taken wherever B'mouth wants QPR to take him.....£10 million
Lyndon Dykes on 18:47 - Jan 11 with 2978 viewsMaggsinho

Chris Wood having a medical at Newcastle tonight so the Burnley link makes some sense.
Lyndon Dykes on 18:57 - Jan 11 with 2937 viewsParkRoyalR

Lyndon Dykes on 18:47 - Jan 11 by Maggsinho

Chris Wood having a medical at Newcastle tonight so the Burnley link makes some sense.

£20m for a 30 year old....Gazza might have a long drive to Burnley sooner than we'd like!
Lyndon Dykes on 19:54 - Jan 11 with 2787 viewsTramoreRanger

Chris Wood £20m..... seriously?????

30 years old no resale value in 3 or 4 years time....... one last mega pay day for him......

Saudi Toon have become us circa 2013 faster than i thought they would......

Burnley will have a shed load of cash when they're relegated this year....... They must be laughing their socks off getting that sort of money.......
Lyndon Dykes on 20:03 - Jan 11 with 2747 viewsLazyFan

As Woods is going to Newcastle then Burnley need a lump, Solanke could fit the bill. Then Bournemouth could be in for Dykes.

I know all this as True Face Larry from down The Crown who is a known liar and braggart told me this time it's true. So, there you go.

zzzzzzzzzz

Login to get fewer ads

Lyndon Dykes on 20:06 - Jan 11 with 2746 viewsHarbour

Lyndon Dykes on 20:03 - Jan 11 by LazyFan

As Woods is going to Newcastle then Burnley need a lump, Solanke could fit the bill. Then Bournemouth could be in for Dykes.

I know all this as True Face Larry from down The Crown who is a known liar and braggart told me this time it's true. So, there you go.

Bournemouth Dykes sounds like a internet dating site!
Lyndon Dykes on 20:37 - Jan 11 with 2669 viewsVancouverHoop

None of our current strikers are a perfect choice. Dykes is relatively inexperienced, Austin is too slow, and Gray is finding it hard to fit into our system.

Having said that, they could be an awful lot worse. Dykes has improved immeasurably since he arrived and hasn't, so far as I can tell, reached anything like his ceiling yet.

Charlie appears almost immobile most of the time, and his output this seaso isn't great. But still manages to get into the right position more often than not, and is a good on-field coach.

I know he had a bad game last Saturday but Gray's goal total, given his minutes played, isn't really that dreadful.

We aren't a club who relies on a 15-20 goal striker, but – spread around the team – we've still scored a fair number of goals. Personally I like it that way. Much less vulnerable to offer that can't be refused, or single a season ending injury.
Lyndon Dykes on 21:01 - Jan 11 with 2617 viewsLazyFan

Lyndon Dykes on 20:06 - Jan 11 by Harbour

Bournemouth Dykes sounds like a internet dating site!

Agreed.

The problem is I cannot get in as I am not from Bournemouth ... ;)

zzzzzzzzzz

Lyndon Dykes on 21:05 - Jan 11 with 2590 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 20:37 - Jan 11 by VancouverHoop

None of our current strikers are a perfect choice. Dykes is relatively inexperienced, Austin is too slow, and Gray is finding it hard to fit into our system.

Having said that, they could be an awful lot worse. Dykes has improved immeasurably since he arrived and hasn't, so far as I can tell, reached anything like his ceiling yet.

Charlie appears almost immobile most of the time, and his output this seaso isn't great. But still manages to get into the right position more often than not, and is a good on-field coach.

I know he had a bad game last Saturday but Gray's goal total, given his minutes played, isn't really that dreadful.

We aren't a club who relies on a 15-20 goal striker, but – spread around the team – we've still scored a fair number of goals. Personally I like it that way. Much less vulnerable to offer that can't be refused, or single a season ending injury.

Dykes inexperienced......26/27 years old, over 200 professional games, played 20 games for his country. Inexperienced he is not!!!
Lyndon Dykes on 21:52 - Jan 11 with 2476 viewsVancouverHoop

Lyndon Dykes on 21:05 - Jan 11 by gazza1

Dykes inexperienced......26/27 years old, over 200 professional games, played 20 games for his country. Inexperienced he is not!!!

OK, but most of them were at a fairly minor level (in Australia or Scottish lower leagues) and he came to the game later than most professional players of his age. The point is he's still developing and, yes, gaining experience.
Lyndon Dykes on 22:46 - Jan 11 with 2354 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 21:52 - Jan 11 by VancouverHoop

OK, but most of them were at a fairly minor level (in Australia or Scottish lower leagues) and he came to the game later than most professional players of his age. The point is he's still developing and, yes, gaining experience.

He isn't going to get much better......he has played 227 matches for teams in the Scottish Championship & Scottish Premier league and our Championship and that does not include his games for Scotland - How much more experience does he need.

Posters need to be a bit more realistic, how much more development & experience does he need???
Lyndon Dykes on 22:56 - Jan 11 with 2326 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think he has clearly improved since coming here, Gazza, so I think it's realistic to at least entertain the possibility of more improvement. He's just turned twenty-six and in only his second season at this level, after all.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Lyndon Dykes on 23:16 - Jan 11 with 2266 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 22:56 - Jan 11 by BrianMcCarthy

I think he has clearly improved since coming here, Gazza, so I think it's realistic to at least entertain the possibility of more improvement. He's just turned twenty-six and in only his second season at this level, after all.

Improved marginally, heading has gotten better and gets into more scoring places.
Lyndon Dykes on 23:37 - Jan 11 with 2204 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Lyndon Dykes on 23:16 - Jan 11 by gazza1

Improved marginally, heading has gotten better and gets into more scoring places.

Sorry, I just see now that you typed "He isn't going to get much better" rather than "He isn't going to get better". Makes a difference

Apologies for reading that wrong, my man.

Lyndon Dykes on 00:24 - Jan 12 with 2121 viewsjoolsyp

Lyndon Dykes on 23:37 - Jan 11 by BrianMcCarthy

Sorry, I just see now that you typed "He isn't going to get much better" rather than "He isn't going to get better". Makes a difference

Apologies for reading that wrong, my man.

If all of our players improved incrementally and we make the top 6 this year and improve next year then ...
Lyndon Dykes on 01:02 - Jan 12 with 2075 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Lyndon Dykes on 00:24 - Jan 12 by joolsyp

If all of our players improved incrementally and we make the top 6 this year and improve next year then ...

Very true.

Lyndon Dykes on 07:37 - Jan 12 with 1875 viewsDWQPR

The thing is that the way QPR are set up to play all players are expected to contribute to the goal tally, the midfielders are contributing the same as the forwards and the defenders re than getting their fair share, only Seny is letting the side down. This means that players like Dykes may not get to the fabled 20 goal mark but could/would do in a different style of play especially with his heading ability. I like Dykes and think he could cause some mayhem in a lower PL side.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Lyndon Dykes on 08:21 - Jan 12 with 1792 viewsNortholt_Rs

Lyndon Dykes on 00:24 - Jan 12 by joolsyp

….this time next year, we will all be millyonares Rodders!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Lyndon Dykes on 08:41 - Jan 12 with 1759 viewsslmrstid

I accept he's the exception rather than the norm, but Jamie Vardy didn't reach the top flight until he was 27 and he's not exactly done too badly over the last 7 years when you see how his top-flight stats pan out against those traditionally considered "the greatest".

So its not beyond the realms of possibility that Dykes can continue to improve and step up another level.
Lyndon Dykes on 14:00 - Jan 12 with 1583 viewsthemodfather

dykes is a scottish top international, a euro championship player, good penalty taker and if wood is £25m dykes is a snip at £10m and burnley can now splash out. i am not anti dykes can he doesn't look like scoring another 10-15 we need to secure p/offs imo.
Lyndon Dykes on 14:45 - Jan 12 with 1520 viewstraininvain

Lyndon Dykes on 14:00 - Jan 12 by themodfather

dykes is a scottish top international, a euro championship player, good penalty taker and if wood is £25m dykes is a snip at £10m and burnley can now splash out. i am not anti dykes can he doesn't look like scoring another 10-15 we need to secure p/offs imo.

I don’t follow the logic re needing a striker to score another 10-15 goals to get into the playoffs.

We’re 5th in the league and on course to get into the playoffs without this mythical 20 goal a season striker. The goals have been spread across our squad which is surely better than relying on one player to fire us into the playoffs as all it would take is an injury to derail us.

Why do we suddenly need a striker to score another 10-15 goals to secure a spot in the playoffs?
Lyndon Dykes on 15:04 - Jan 12 with 1468 viewsPinnerPaul

Lyndon Dykes on 20:03 - Jan 11 by LazyFan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024