Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lyndon Dykes 21:07 - Mar 17 with 43458 viewsDWQPR

Best game for the club by a long way tonight. May not be a natural goalscorer but certainly a good foil for Austin. He gave his all tonight. Was unbeatable in the air, harried their defence all night and left nothing in the tank. Well done lad.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Lyndon Dykes on 15:13 - Jan 10 with 3504 viewsBoston

Lyndon Dykes on 15:05 - Jan 10 by Northernr

He is, and a couple of goals at the Euros would probably have seen somebody do something stupid to get him.

I'm probably coming across wrong, I like him a lot, I think we're a much better team with him in it, great potential for further improvement. But... long way off Prem atm.

Good recovery.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Lyndon Dykes on 16:19 - Jan 10 with 3219 viewsthemodfather

massive goal for us and hopefully him on saturday, forwards are measured in goals , agreed the overall work for the team etc but it is goals that win games, not stats or nice guys.
newky are desperate and if we are offered silly money, like £10m, snap their hands off.
Lyndon Dykes on 16:40 - Jan 10 with 3127 viewsgazza1

Dykes = Premiership player now or in the future is absolutely laughable.
Lyndon Dykes on 17:04 - Jan 10 with 3072 viewshoopsmark

Lyndon Dykes on 16:40 - Jan 10 by gazza1

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/19836440.cherries-linked-move-qpr-strike
Lyndon Dykes on 17:37 - Jan 10 with 2962 viewsStainrod

Amazed Dykes doesn't get more love on here. Yes he had a very rocky start but since those first 17 games or whatever it was where he hardly scored I would be interested to see his goal stats since - think they would at the very least be respectable, probably quite a bit more than that.

I actually think he works incredibly hard for the team and has good movement and seems to have a great attitude.

Take him out of that striking threesome we have and not convinced that would look like a play off front line personally.
Lyndon Dykes on 17:49 - Jan 10 with 2902 viewsdaveB

Lyndon Dykes on 16:40 - Jan 10 by gazza1

I thought the same about Chris Wood a few years ago
Lyndon Dykes on 18:05 - Jan 10 with 2833 viewsParkRoyalR

Lyndon Dykes on 17:37 - Jan 10 by Stainrod

Amazed Dykes doesn't get more love on here. Yes he had a very rocky start but since those first 17 games or whatever it was where he hardly scored I would be interested to see his goal stats since - think they would at the very least be respectable, probably quite a bit more than that.

I actually think he works incredibly hard for the team and has good movement and seems to have a great attitude.

Take him out of that striking threesome we have and not convinced that would look like a play off front line personally.

You should n't be amazed, a very very large minority of our fan base did'nt rate Ebere Eze and still thought Conor Washington would come good after 100 games to the contrary.

Plenty of criticism as usual for Dykes and Gray, yet barely a mention of our highest paid striker being so out of condition its laughable, childishly getting the hump when substituted (presumably to save him any further embarasment) and then sitting in the stand until he can muster the energy to walk back to the dug-out (to much applause!), before then deciding to head down to The PV for a few pints as a reward for an honest days graft!

Whatever your opinion of Dykes technical ability, at least he puts in an honest shift for his wages and I for one don't feel he's mugging me off!
Lyndon Dykes on 18:09 - Jan 10 with 2819 viewsQPR_John

Lyndon Dykes on 17:04 - Jan 10 by hoopsmark

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/19836440.cherries-linked-move-qpr-strike

Can just see the club selling him to a promotion rival in the January window.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2022 18:11]
Login to get fewer ads

Lyndon Dykes on 18:14 - Jan 10 with 2796 viewsPhil_i_P_Daddy

I just don’t see the player some others do.
Of course he isn’t Mo Kane, we have to shop in TK Maxx and look for hidden gems.
I guess the proof of the pudding is in the fee we get for him as and when….
[Post edited 23 Jan 2022 0:00]

Phil_i_P

Lyndon Dykes on 19:24 - Jan 10 with 2565 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 17:04 - Jan 10 by hoopsmark

Good, hope we get £5 million for him.....and the Cherries play him every match!!!!!
Lyndon Dykes on 19:36 - Jan 10 with 2530 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 18:05 - Jan 10 by ParkRoyalR

You should n't be amazed, a very very large minority of our fan base did'nt rate Ebere Eze and still thought Conor Washington would come good after 100 games to the contrary.

Plenty of criticism as usual for Dykes and Gray, yet barely a mention of our highest paid striker being so out of condition its laughable, childishly getting the hump when substituted (presumably to save him any further embarasment) and then sitting in the stand until he can muster the energy to walk back to the dug-out (to much applause!), before then deciding to head down to The PV for a few pints as a reward for an honest days graft!

Whatever your opinion of Dykes technical ability, at least he puts in an honest shift for his wages and I for one don't feel he's mugging me off!

I had high hopes for Washington, started slowly and looked the part with his movement.....10 games into his time here he looked as though it was tough for him. Never made it though because he was not good enough, unfortunately.

Eze improved massively in his last season here, worked much harder, more controlled and disciplined and his skills and movement got 'proper' decent indeed. Good player, got chances.

Gray has been pretty much not very good at all.....not much more about him really - needs to be sent back and replaced but don't think that he will be so we will suffer. Hope he gets his form back asap.

Dykes is very limited, scores a few but should do with the chances that he gets. Hope he goes to B'mouth for £5mill. Improved, yes a bit but a long, long way to go. Arguably, the best of 3 pretty average forwards that we currently employ.

As for CA.....you, nor I knew why he sat in the stand. No issues from my side with him doing that but many want to make it a drama, a negative one. Sadly, he has found life hard on the pitch this season.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2022 19:39]
Lyndon Dykes on 19:38 - Jan 10 with 2527 viewsParkRoyalR

Lyndon Dykes on 19:24 - Jan 10 by gazza1

Good, hope we get £5 million for him.....and the Cherries play him every match!!!!!

Leaving us with our XXL 2nd + 3rd choice strikers?

I hope you don't run your own business, for the employees sake!
Lyndon Dykes on 19:39 - Jan 10 with 2526 viewsderbyhoop

Now got Newcastle, Palace and Bournemouth supposedly interested and Geordies might be looking to make a £2m bid. If so, they will get short shrift.

£6m+ and we might listen. But, still likely to reject.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Lyndon Dykes on 19:40 - Jan 10 with 2514 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 19:38 - Jan 10 by ParkRoyalR

Leaving us with our XXL 2nd + 3rd choice strikers?

I hope you don't run your own business, for the employees sake!

Do you not think that he would be replaced very quickly???
Lyndon Dykes on 19:41 - Jan 10 with 2511 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 19:39 - Jan 10 by derbyhoop

Now got Newcastle, Palace and Bournemouth supposedly interested and Geordies might be looking to make a £2m bid. If so, they will get short shrift.

£6m+ and we might listen. But, still likely to reject.

£6 million.....Xmas again, like a lottery win!!!!
Lyndon Dykes on 19:58 - Jan 10 with 2448 viewsswisscottage

Lyndon Dykes on 19:36 - Jan 10 by gazza1

I had high hopes for Washington, started slowly and looked the part with his movement.....10 games into his time here he looked as though it was tough for him. Never made it though because he was not good enough, unfortunately.

Eze improved massively in his last season here, worked much harder, more controlled and disciplined and his skills and movement got 'proper' decent indeed. Good player, got chances.

Gray has been pretty much not very good at all.....not much more about him really - needs to be sent back and replaced but don't think that he will be so we will suffer. Hope he gets his form back asap.

Dykes is very limited, scores a few but should do with the chances that he gets. Hope he goes to B'mouth for £5mill. Improved, yes a bit but a long, long way to go. Arguably, the best of 3 pretty average forwards that we currently employ.

As for CA.....you, nor I knew why he sat in the stand. No issues from my side with him doing that but many want to make it a drama, a negative one. Sadly, he has found life hard on the pitch this season.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2022 19:39]

So. you want Gray to go back. Charlie's not quite at the races, and you want to get rid of arguably our no1 striker for 5mil and replace him with what?

sheesh. Some people. Common sense or logic just doesn't come into it does it?
Lyndon Dykes on 20:16 - Jan 10 with 2357 viewsWestonsuperR

Really like Dykes for attitude and commitment but is miles off being a Prem player, I’d be astonished if any Premier League club were genuinely interested.
Lyndon Dykes on 20:26 - Jan 10 with 2328 viewsDorse

Lyndon Dykes on 20:16 - Jan 10 by WestonsuperR

Really like Dykes for attitude and commitment but is miles off being a Prem player, I’d be astonished if any Premier League club were genuinely interested.

Premier League tattoos though. Soon we'll only be able to see his eyes.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Lyndon Dykes on 20:41 - Jan 10 with 2270 viewsLogman

Watched the game closely on Saturday. One thing our strikers had is presence. They might not be the quickest or most accomplished but they do put themselves about and challenge. We've had far more anonymous strikers and with careful rotation they have roles to play.
Lyndon Dykes on 21:02 - Jan 10 with 2150 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 20:41 - Jan 10 by Logman

Watched the game closely on Saturday. One thing our strikers had is presence. They might not be the quickest or most accomplished but they do put themselves about and challenge. We've had far more anonymous strikers and with careful rotation they have roles to play.

Agreed....
Lyndon Dykes on 21:03 - Jan 10 with 2143 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 19:58 - Jan 10 by swisscottage

So. you want Gray to go back. Charlie's not quite at the races, and you want to get rid of arguably our no1 striker for 5mil and replace him with what?

sheesh. Some people. Common sense or logic just doesn't come into it does it?

It has to be done in a rational way.......obviously cant throw them all out in January but perhaps a couple of new ones might be nice!!!!
Lyndon Dykes on 21:23 - Jan 10 with 2077 viewshantssi

Lyndon Dykes on 21:03 - Jan 10 by gazza1

It has to be done in a rational way.......obviously cant throw them all out in January but perhaps a couple of new ones might be nice!!!!

And how do you propose to pay for this exactly!
1 isn’t ours, CA we wouldn’t get anything for and we wouldn’t get anything better than Dykes for the money we’d get for him!
Lyndon Dykes on 22:13 - Jan 10 with 1925 viewsStainrod

Lyndon Dykes on 21:23 - Jan 10 by hantssi

And how do you propose to pay for this exactly!
1 isn’t ours, CA we wouldn’t get anything for and we wouldn’t get anything better than Dykes for the money we’d get for him!

Yeah, I don't see the value in selling someone like Dykes for £6m. Unless the club has identified the next Ivan Toney in League 1 for £4m, and even that is a risk when you are asking someone to hit the ground running to fire the goals to get us promoted (I hope Austin and Gray come good but so far they only have a handful of goals between them).

If we get a £15m plus offer for one of our players then we probably have to think about it carefully because in Covid times that could potentially buy us three or four decent Championship players and still leave the board some change - but think Dykes probably needs another season in the Championship to attract the kind of offers that would make it worth our while to sell.
Lyndon Dykes on 00:08 - Jan 11 with 1765 viewsnickstone

Lyndon Dykes on 22:13 - Jan 10 by Stainrod

Yeah, I don't see the value in selling someone like Dykes for £6m. Unless the club has identified the next Ivan Toney in League 1 for £4m, and even that is a risk when you are asking someone to hit the ground running to fire the goals to get us promoted (I hope Austin and Gray come good but so far they only have a handful of goals between them).

If we get a £15m plus offer for one of our players then we probably have to think about it carefully because in Covid times that could potentially buy us three or four decent Championship players and still leave the board some change - but think Dykes probably needs another season in the Championship to attract the kind of offers that would make it worth our while to sell.

I agree that it's unlikely that any premiership team will take a punt on Lyndon right now. However, if they do, I wouldn't mind us trying to land Freddie Ladapo from Rotherham. He has just put in a transfer request and I thought he looked decent against us last time he played us.

Not the finished article but plenty to work with I think.
Lyndon Dykes on 00:56 - Jan 11 with 1721 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Lyndon Dykes on 20:26 - Jan 10 by Dorse

Premier League tattoos though. Soon we'll only be able to see his eyes.

I know its old age on my part but I hate that fcuking neck tattoo and cannot see how anybody would put it on their neck.Man City keeper has them too and it just throws me off
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024