Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lyndon Dykes 21:07 - Mar 17 with 44172 viewsDWQPR

Best game for the club by a long way tonight. May not be a natural goalscorer but certainly a good foil for Austin. He gave his all tonight. Was unbeatable in the air, harried their defence all night and left nothing in the tank. Well done lad.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Lyndon Dykes on 18:57 - Jan 23 with 3772 viewsBrianMcCarthy

One thing I haven't seen mentioned since the game ended was Dykes flick to get Gray in for the one-on-one that was saved. I haven't seen in it back yet either but I thought it was a good flick and a reminder of what he's capable of when he hopefully returns to his best form.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Lyndon Dykes on 19:03 - Jan 23 with 3699 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 18:57 - Jan 23 by BrianMcCarthy

One thing I haven't seen mentioned since the game ended was Dykes flick to get Gray in for the one-on-one that was saved. I haven't seen in it back yet either but I thought it was a good flick and a reminder of what he's capable of when he hopefully returns to his best form.

We certainly need his best form.......i think Dykes did flick it on but not sure - Gray should have scored from the situation for sure, harder chance than the one he scored.
Lyndon Dykes on 19:22 - Jan 23 with 3659 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Lyndon Dykes on 19:03 - Jan 23 by gazza1

We certainly need his best form.......i think Dykes did flick it on but not sure - Gray should have scored from the situation for sure, harder chance than the one he scored.

I thought it was an easier chance too. The goal he scored was surprising - though Gray did well to get the shot away early and catch the keeper unawares, I still thought it was poor keeping.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Lyndon Dykes on 19:41 - Jan 23 with 3574 viewsnix

Lyndon Dykes on 17:31 - Jan 23 by swisscottage

When will people learn to stop feeding the troll.

There are some on this board with a serious case of confirmation bias. Gazza's obsession with Dykes is at the pinnacle. There's no rationalising or debating with him just leave him with his glass half empty.

I can't find the one that allows you to snooze threads otherwise I'd snooze this one as I keep getting drawn into it, despite seeing the same old arguments recycled from one side or the other. I'm a bit mystified though why we're picking on any of our players when we've just won four in four or five in five if we include the cup. Just to add, we're in the next round of the FA Cup, we should have reached the quarter finals of the Carabao Cup and we're in a better position to challenge for promotion than we've been since we were last relegated. Oh, and we've sold one of our best players for decades and slashed our wage bill. But, yes, Lyndon Dykes, while better than a lot of our strikers over the last ten years, is not as good as Charlie Austin in his prime. So let's continue a thread about him every match

Just to add to all the points I've made previously, I'd just like to add that he earned several months of his wages by getting us through to the next round of the cup.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2022 19:46]
Lyndon Dykes on 19:48 - Jan 23 with 3505 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 19:41 - Jan 23 by nix

I can't find the one that allows you to snooze threads otherwise I'd snooze this one as I keep getting drawn into it, despite seeing the same old arguments recycled from one side or the other. I'm a bit mystified though why we're picking on any of our players when we've just won four in four or five in five if we include the cup. Just to add, we're in the next round of the FA Cup, we should have reached the quarter finals of the Carabao Cup and we're in a better position to challenge for promotion than we've been since we were last relegated. Oh, and we've sold one of our best players for decades and slashed our wage bill. But, yes, Lyndon Dykes, while better than a lot of our strikers over the last ten years, is not as good as Charlie Austin in his prime. So let's continue a thread about him every match

Just to add to all the points I've made previously, I'd just like to add that he earned several months of his wages by getting us through to the next round of the cup.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2022 19:46]

I know you enjoy my posts Nix....you just saying that. .

I read yours....some I agree, some I don't agree
[Post edited 23 Jan 2022 19:50]
Lyndon Dykes on 19:58 - Jan 23 with 3498 viewsdenhamhoop2

Is our current Top Scorer and was also last season's Top Scorer not quite sure what peoples problems are with him
Lyndon Dykes on 20:11 - Jan 23 with 3453 viewsMick_S

Lyndon Dykes on 12:49 - Jan 23 by Rangersw12

Great stuff, Sean. Positivity. All the best mate.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2022 6:22]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Lyndon Dykes on 21:28 - Jan 23 with 3358 viewsbosh67

His work rate is great and the goals will come again.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Lyndon Dykes on 23:21 - Jan 23 with 3184 viewsWatfordR

Lyndon Dykes on 19:58 - Jan 23 by denhamhoop2

Is our current Top Scorer and was also last season's Top Scorer not quite sure what peoples problems are with him

Can't understand the need to dig him, or anyone else in our squad, out really. Everyone contributes and gives it their best on our behalf. We're a Championship team, and players aren't going to perform at the same level of effectiveness every week. If they did, they'd be in the Prem.

Really nothing for anyone to knock about this lot imo.
Lyndon Dykes on 08:24 - Jan 24 with 2933 viewswombat

Lyndon Dykes on 23:21 - Jan 23 by WatfordR

Can't understand the need to dig him, or anyone else in our squad, out really. Everyone contributes and gives it their best on our behalf. We're a Championship team, and players aren't going to perform at the same level of effectiveness every week. If they did, they'd be in the Prem.

Really nothing for anyone to knock about this lot imo.

think the changes of whos hes playing with isnt helping him to much
one week on his own , next charlie along side him , then grey , then willock and chair behind him and hes in the lone striker role , cant be easy to get any sort of rythum when you dont know who your parnet is going to be each game

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Lyndon Dykes on 10:12 - Jan 24 with 2799 viewsLongsufferingR

Lyndon Dykes on 08:24 - Jan 24 by wombat

think the changes of whos hes playing with isnt helping him to much
one week on his own , next charlie along side him , then grey , then willock and chair behind him and hes in the lone striker role , cant be easy to get any sort of rythum when you dont know who your parnet is going to be each game

Yes, he does seem to play much better with Charlie than with Gray. They seemed to hit it off immediately when Charlie joined, but he sometimes seems a bit lost when playing alongside Gray.
Lyndon Dykes on 10:39 - Jan 24 with 2692 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Lyndon Dykes on 12:49 - Jan 23 by Rangersw12

Can’t get this tune out of my head.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Lyndon Dykes on 10:59 - Jan 24 with 2636 viewsderbyhoop

I thought Dykes did OK on Saturday, given how limited the service was.
He laid on the first chance for Gray and worked hard all the way through.
After 7 minutes, did Gray get a touch, before being subbed?

Biggest issue for me, against Cov, was that Dozzell was totally ineffective and Willock got kicked all over the park. So there was virtually no service to the front men.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Lyndon Dykes on 12:07 - Jan 24 with 2532 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Lyndon Dykes on 10:59 - Jan 24 by derbyhoop

I thought Dykes did OK on Saturday, given how limited the service was.
He laid on the first chance for Gray and worked hard all the way through.
After 7 minutes, did Gray get a touch, before being subbed?

Biggest issue for me, against Cov, was that Dozzell was totally ineffective and Willock got kicked all over the park. So there was virtually no service to the front men.

What little I’ve seen of Dozzell he seems ideal when you’re on top, in control and not up against beasts. If it gets a bit ‘involved’ however, he’s not your roll-your-sleeves up any at ‘em type.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Lyndon Dykes on 12:37 - Jan 24 with 2480 viewsW7Ranger

Lyndon Dykes on 12:07 - Jan 24 by PlanetHonneywood

What little I’ve seen of Dozzell he seems ideal when you’re on top, in control and not up against beasts. If it gets a bit ‘involved’ however, he’s not your roll-your-sleeves up any at ‘em type.

He certainly was against Bournemouth in injury time.

I think he can dig in when he needs to.
Lyndon Dykes on 13:18 - Jan 24 with 2397 viewswombat

Lyndon Dykes on 10:12 - Jan 24 by LongsufferingR

Yes, he does seem to play much better with Charlie than with Gray. They seemed to hit it off immediately when Charlie joined, but he sometimes seems a bit lost when playing alongside Gray.

id actually go back to dykes up front on his own tommorow night and bring amos in if steff is fit or even give thomas a go alongside willock , high temp in your faecs front line , midfield did look light sat with field who was excellent and dozzell, wont hurt to mix it up a bit as well

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Lyndon Dykes on 13:26 - Jan 24 with 2371 viewsfrancisbowles

If Swansea play as they are renowned for, then we need a strong midfield or they will pass their way through us, as Coventry did at times until, on fourteen occasions, they ran into Sam Field.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2022 15:34]
Lyndon Dykes on 13:30 - Jan 24 with 2350 viewsdmm

Lyndon Dykes on 13:18 - Jan 24 by wombat

id actually go back to dykes up front on his own tommorow night and bring amos in if steff is fit or even give thomas a go alongside willock , high temp in your faecs front line , midfield did look light sat with field who was excellent and dozzell, wont hurt to mix it up a bit as well

"high temp in your faecs". Hot shit!?
Lyndon Dykes on 18:51 - Jun 1 with 1701 viewseastside_r

Starts again tonight for Scotland.
Lyndon Dykes on 20:03 - Jun 1 with 1421 viewssilverbirch

I’ve realised I don’t like him much. Hope he does well so we can flog him. Don’t think I’ve ever not really supported an R in an international before,
Lyndon Dykes on 20:11 - Jun 1 with 1385 viewsNorthernr

One way or another, we need this lump to start scoring. Couple of high profile Scotland goals and we’ll be able to rinse some mug.
Lyndon Dykes on 20:28 - Jun 1 with 1282 viewsflynnbo

McCoist having a go at Dykes again. I think he's playing all right-better than Adams.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2022 20:28]
Lyndon Dykes on 20:35 - Jun 1 with 1252 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Lyndon Dykes on 20:28 - Jun 1 by flynnbo

McCoist having a go at Dykes again. I think he's playing all right-better than Adams.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2022 20:28]

I’ve never heard MCoist say anything positive about Dykes in the two or three Scotland games I’ve watched. I’m guessing he genuinely thinks he’s rubbish or McCoist is mates with ex Queen of the South manager Jim Thompson, whose wife Dykes shagged behind his back.
Lyndon Dykes on 20:38 - Jun 1 with 1231 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Lyndon Dykes on 20:11 - Jun 1 by Northernr

One way or another, we need this lump to start scoring. Couple of high profile Scotland goals and we’ll be able to rinse some mug.

If not we better hope Beale can turn him into Mark Viduka
Lyndon Dykes on 20:40 - Jun 1 with 1205 viewsaston_hoop

Don't think that was his best 45 minutes but these are 2 reasonably poor national teams, nothing for England to worry about in November surely.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024