Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread 12:35 - Apr 16 with 22548 viewsDorse

Well-loved, fondly remembered former manager, leading out a new shiny squad against us after repeatedly retiring from the game? This would normally raise a few eyebrows but not in this case as Neil Warnock hasn't got any.

His eyebrows have been missing since 1989 but there have been several sightings in recent years, most notably they were thought to have been spotted replacing Mo Farah's moustache in 2012.

8-0 Rangers. Warnock to retire at half time and rejoin the club in the 47th minute for one more go at promotion. Dom Ball gets sent off for karate chopping himself in the face.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 14:45 - Apr 17 with 2215 viewsed_83

Great win - could easily imagine us switching off when down to 10 men in a meaningless game, but we did superbly to grind out the 3 points. Whatever else you can say about this team, their effort levels are consistently excellent.

Thought Ball did really well when he came on, and Dykes put in an absolute shift both up front and defensively. Kakay was a weak link for me, but weirdly he got better after the red card. We had a few wobbly moments defensively - yet more evidence of how important it is to get De Wijs consistently fit, or find a similar replacement for next season - but after Ball and Field came on we seemed pretty solid. I didn't feel overly worried in those last 15 minutes, had a feeling we'd see it out.

Dickie was my MOM - take out his absolute screamer of a goal, and that last-ditch block after Bolasie went clean through, and it goes from a 2-1 win to a 2-1 defeat. Special mention to Joe Lumley though - never easy for a keeper to come on halfway through a game, but he pulled off two absolutely brilliant saves to keep us ahead. If we can get a fee for Kelly in the summer I'd love to see us offer Joe another year or two.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2021 15:07]
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 14:48 - Apr 17 with 2178 viewsGreenbay

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 14:45 - Apr 17 by Greenbay

FT REPORT
10-man Rangers are up one to 9th.
59 points - one better than last year with 4 games left.
Well done Joe Lumley replacing Dieng sent off just after half-time.
He made a couple of great reaction saves.
The difference between him and Dieng is that Joe stays on his line while Dieng dominates the box. But for Joe we must all be delighted for him.
And he'll play at Swansea on Tuesday (7pm).
As for Dieng he also suffered a bloody nose when making a great save as Boro bounced back just before HT. That's when they had a 2 on 1.
The R's 2-nil up within 18 minutes following a Dickie 30 yard screamer and then a Wallace header from a smart Dykes cross was thoroughly deserved.
A great surface at the Riverside for the Rangers style of football.
But our defence which has looked a little rocky recently conceded an 8th goal in the last four games when the unmarked Bolasie headed powerfully home before Dieng - then a Dickie clearance - kept Rangers ahead.
De Wijs - out with that broken nose - will make a big difference on his return.
Well done Rangers with that second half defensive performance.
They all put in a big effort and Warbs used his subs well - certainly Ball and Field in the closing 20 minutes or so.
Great effort - 3 more points.
It's turned into a very good season.
And no doubt Charlie will be back at Swansea on Tuesday and hopefully de Wijs as well.

Correction - 10th level with Millllllllwallllll
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 14:49 - Apr 17 with 2152 viewskarl

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 14:35 - Apr 17 by Noelmc

Well done R’s.

Stand out performances from Dickie, Dykes & Lumley.

Good subs by Warburton. Ball & Field tightened things up.

Agree with those three. If Dykes hadn't lost his man for their goal I'd have said he was MOM but, for me, Lumley kept us the 3pts and edged it.
Semantics anyway as it was a good squad performance, keep these players together and we'll do well.
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 14:49 - Apr 17 with 2160 viewsterryb

I've not seen anything of the game apart from the sending off. I would be amazed if it was only a one match suspension. It was the definition of reckless play & bordering on assault!

Very pleasing to hold out for the win with ten men. We do have a game every now & then where we are poor, but this group of players normally care & put a shift in for us. We can play a bit as well!
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 14:53 - Apr 17 with 2080 viewsNortholt_Rs

Two great goals and a real dig deep, ground out win. Fabulous stuff. Players all put in a shift. Fair play to Joe too... 10th in the league - I am a very happy R today. Sun is shining too. COYRs!!!
[Post edited 17 Apr 2021 15:16]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 14:54 - Apr 17 with 2068 viewsStanisgod

So glad I spent a tenner on the Rotherham game and not this one 🙈🙈

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 15:00 - Apr 17 with 1973 viewsCLAREMAN1995

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 14:54 - Apr 17 by Stanisgod

So glad I spent a tenner on the Rotherham game and not this one 🙈🙈

Dont feel too bad I just sat down with my breakfast to watch the match thread as usual only to find out we have already won .I am not sure if I am happy or sad haha.
Seriously sounds like a great win on the road and getting early goals does work wonders we should try and make a habit out of it .
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 15:12 - Apr 17 with 1821 viewsHarbour

Well done Rs great win
Login to get fewer ads

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 15:14 - Apr 17 with 1783 viewsNorthantsHoop

Well done Rsss, battled away to win this one. Thought Willock was superb today and Lumley did a fantastic job to save the game for us. Warbs made the right subs to secure the game as well.
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 15:17 - Apr 17 with 1739 viewsToast_R

Just looked at the latest scores to see how we've started only to find its all over and we won 2-1, nice!

Having a cream tea to celebrate
[Post edited 17 Apr 2021 15:17]
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 15:18 - Apr 17 with 1731 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

In an alternative Universe, fans would be calling for Sherwood’s head right now after his side of on loan Spurs academy players slip into the bottom three following the sacking of Warburton in November.

Never underestimate the power of stability.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2021 15:24]
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 15:19 - Apr 17 with 1722 viewsAntti_Heinola

Great win. Early brilliance, lost our way almost totally before half time, came out better, went down to 10, ground it out. Our weird season in one game.

Special mention to Joe for two great saves and looked v calm when he came on. Also great to see Duke-McKenna on there - bit of pace and some nice trickery too.

Hope we finish above Boro - while I love Warnock, the constant harking back to him grinds a little bit and plenty on here were lauding him early season 'he's doing it again'. Warbs out thought him today.

Bare bones.

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 15:21 - Apr 17 with 1671 viewsSteveB

Phew. Bloody loved that backs to the wall stuff.

Excellent, well done Joe - couple of absolute wonder saves there, so tough coming on under those circumstances I would imagine.

Dykes & Dickie were magnificent. Dickie edges MOM for me with that thunderbastrd of a goal though.

Enjoy the sunshine all.
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 15:22 - Apr 17 with 1660 viewsderbyhoop

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 13:59 - Apr 17 by johncharles

Silver lining - Seny won’t be in the shop window for 3 games

Think it's only 1 game suspension.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 15:39 - Apr 17 with 1497 viewsaston_hoop

Always love a read of the opposition match thread after a win:

'Qpr are playing some lovely football with plenty of movement. I’m envious'

'Wouldn't it be nice of we could play like QPR'

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 15:51 - Apr 17 with 1424 viewskensalriser

Bad news is that if Barnsley don't lose their next game the playoffs are mathematically lost.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 16:00 - Apr 17 with 1358 viewskarl

Rotherham and this game today without Charlie is interesting in that Dykes led the line well scoring a good goal and 2 assists however we kind of capitulated against Rotherham and for parts of this game lost our way giving the ball away cheaply having got ourselves in a great position 2-0 up.
The question is, would Charlies on field presence meant we beat Rotherham and are relatively comfortable in this game after a blistering start?
With no one at games I think it's almost impossible for fans to know and guage what Charlie could have done to have that effect however it did seem notable against Luton that we seemed more vocal and certainly energised with him, perhaps a psychological boost just having someone of his calibre on the pitch or does he bring that with his talking and actions?
A lot of talk about consistency pre match on the Shodipo thread and these two games are relevant to that given league placings etc.
Going to be a lot of chat about finance, pushing the boat out etc but what will ultimately decide it will be this element we don't really know as supporters, has Charlie (i) improved us solely by his on pitch performances (ii) his training ground presence improving them around him and lifting standards or (iii) the loan players in general have clicked with the squad to give an overall improvement?
Charlie will cost a huge amount regardless if he takes a wage cut or not so keeping him will depend on it being (i) or (ii).
If the first then we need to know he can stay fit and motivated and our improvement is sufficient to cover his cost.
The 2nd will be the difficult one as currently the improvement of Dykes alone has probably made him a very valuable asset if he can maintain this level of performance, to the extent it could easily dwarf the package Charlie would cost, and if others like Bonne, Chair, Kelman etc also react the same it's almost a definite that he should be signed.
Very interesting situation if only because it pressures the manager in that it took an outsider to make these improvements IF that's the case.
In my opinion it wouldn't show weakness if that was the case but rather taking a situation and using it to your advantage while retaining overall management of it.
We'll maybe find out on one of these ex player podcasts in the future!

Edit. Didn't see the game vs Weds so can't include anything from that about Charlies absence from it
[Post edited 17 Apr 2021 16:02]
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 16:03 - Apr 17 with 1351 viewsjoe90

Amazing result and performance! Despite a few costly individual mistakes, we did what we had to in the end and that's what I'll take away. Well done Rangers!!!
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 16:09 - Apr 17 with 1308 viewsloftus77

Superb win Rangers. When Dieng went, I thought it'd be a matter of time before 1-2 became 2-2 became 3-2 - so often 'the Rangers way' in the past. Not with this team. Well done all.
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 16:15 - Apr 17 with 1258 viewsDWQPR

Was a great end of season game with both sides putting away the myth of being on the beach as they had nothing to play for. Fantastic goal by Dickie and it was a side footed shot as well, great technic.

The one issue that I have from this game and the Rotherham one is that suddenly our defence is looking suspect against an other the top ball springing the offside trap. Rotherham’s second goal was as a result of this and twice Boro got through this way as well.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 16:19 - Apr 17 with 1215 viewsdanehoop

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 16:15 - Apr 17 by DWQPR

Was a great end of season game with both sides putting away the myth of being on the beach as they had nothing to play for. Fantastic goal by Dickie and it was a side footed shot as well, great technic.

The one issue that I have from this game and the Rotherham one is that suddenly our defence is looking suspect against an other the top ball springing the offside trap. Rotherham’s second goal was as a result of this and twice Boro got through this way as well.

Dont disagree, but would note there has been multiple enforced changes in personnel and formation over the past few weeks. I think that is why we have lost quite a lot of our solidity and control at the back.

Never knowingly understood

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 16:25 - Apr 17 with 1189 viewsPinnerPaul

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 13:58 - Apr 17 by dodge_stoke_r

Can't see how that was a clear goal scoring opportunity he didnt even have the ball. As the tackle came in him squared it to Bolasie!

????? If he didn't have the ball, how did he square it to Bolasie - red all day long and tomorrow as well!
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 16:25 - Apr 17 with 1187 viewsPinnerPaul

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 13:58 - Apr 17 by kropotkin41

Automatic suspension is that? Lumley will get some games.

1, if it was for DOGSO - which I'm sure it was.
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 16:27 - Apr 17 with 1180 viewsDannytheR

Brilliant, mad, deeply Rangers sort of game. (In the very best sense.)

Ten men, they' bring on a £15m striker, we bring on Dom Ball. Somehow we get the job done.

Also for all that all the four January loan players will go down as a bit of masterstroke this season, worth noting only one of them was involved for most of the match.

Those four have been a huge collective shot in the arm, and gawd knows where we would have been now without them having come in BUT we clearly already had a good core here who hadn't quite clicked yet: Dieng, Dickie, Chair, Willock, the Dykes of the last few games, the Barbet and Wallace of the last few weeks. All of who will almost certainly be with us next year.

It's the hope... etc
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 16:27 - Apr 17 with 1172 viewskarl

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 16:19 - Apr 17 by danehoop

Dont disagree, but would note there has been multiple enforced changes in personnel and formation over the past few weeks. I think that is why we have lost quite a lot of our solidity and control at the back.

DeWijs and Cameron have definitely been missed.
I would look at Ball for the right sided CB as he has all the attributes required while I think Kakay has struggled to adapt.
Ball is a great character and seems to love the club so it's a shame that as we've improved his ability to be in the centre of midfield he has been shown to be a good bit behind Johansen and Field, nothing wrong with that but we've been shown to lack depth of cover at the back so would be a great use of a very good asset to use him there and potentially develop him into a starting player in that position.
It's maybe been tried in training and not worked of course
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024