Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New one year contract for Wallace 15:41 - May 15 with 3974 viewsbosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/lee-wallace-pens-new-one-year-qpr-deal-1505

Captain next season I would think.

Sorry if this has been posted already. In which case Nigel Spackman has signed a new contract.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

New one year contract for Wallace on 15:47 - May 15 with 3485 viewsW7Ranger

Definitely earned another year. Another Austin type player who's contribution on and off the pitch has been vital.
New one year contract for Wallace on 15:49 - May 15 with 3477 viewsWatfordR

Two quotes from that interview that I liked:

"I wanted to help the team as best I could in terms of the league finish. And now as a bonus, I've earned an additional year's contract" Not "been given" but "earned". Good to see at 33 he still has a hunger to "earn".

"I'm not on social media". I'd like to think he can convince some of our younger players of the benefits of this too.

Well done Lee, and more good news for us I think.
New one year contract for Wallace on 15:59 - May 15 with 3435 viewscolinallcars

Very pleased about this. He really has played well since Xmas and should have at least another year at this level probably more.
May not be up to it when we get promoted though.🥴
New one year contract for Wallace on 17:41 - May 15 with 3273 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Fair play to him. Without doubt the most improved player in the second half of the season.
New one year contract for Wallace on 17:55 - May 15 with 3187 viewsW6R

I am pleased for him, several key assists during the season.
New one year contract for Wallace on 18:04 - May 15 with 3194 viewsjtuck

Captain Braveheart To Help Out The Sassenachs For Another Year

Rangers Two-man Tartan Army To Terrorize Second Tier

His Left Foot Finally Finds Its Footing

From chugging along like Steamboat Willie to purring like a Merc on the Autobahn

Whiskies all round

LAranger

New one year contract for Wallace on 18:06 - May 15 with 3178 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Grest news.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

New one year contract for Wallace on 18:29 - May 15 with 3132 viewspaulhoop2

Maybe Clive can explain the hate towards him lol “captain of Glasgow rangers “

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Login to get fewer ads

New one year contract for Wallace on 18:48 - May 15 with 3075 viewscolinallcars

Age cannot wither him, not custom stale his infinite variety.

Old Bill Shakespeare would've been proud of him.
New one year contract for Wallace on 19:04 - May 15 with 3032 viewsBoston

New one year contract for Wallace on 18:04 - May 15 by jtuck

Captain Braveheart To Help Out The Sassenachs For Another Year

Rangers Two-man Tartan Army To Terrorize Second Tier

His Left Foot Finally Finds Its Footing

From chugging along like Steamboat Willie to purring like a Merc on the Autobahn

Whiskies all round

They may take away his life, but they’ll never take away his freedom!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

New one year contract for Wallace on 22:22 - May 15 with 2806 viewsA40Bosh

Very articulate fella.
12 mins interview with Moz flew by.
Can see why MW put his faith in him.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

New one year contract for Wallace on 00:15 - May 16 with 2702 viewstonyQPR

New one year contract for Wallace on 22:22 - May 15 by A40Bosh

Very articulate fella.
12 mins interview with Moz flew by.
Can see why MW put his faith in him.

Lee Wallace = proper mans footballer. Nough said. Well done Lee Wallace I’d say top bloke ⚽️⚽️⚽️
New one year contract for Wallace on 00:18 - May 16 with 2694 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Good News

It reports Lee Wallace has made 39 appearances and scored one goal.
I thought Lee Wallace has scored two goals for us? - a cracker in the FA Cup game when we beat Swansea 5-1 and one this season when we won away at Middlesbrough
New one year contract for Wallace on 09:23 - May 16 with 2490 viewsbosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/wallace-im-very-happy-to-stay/

Good interview this. He's very impressive in terms of coming across as a captain.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

New one year contract for Wallace on 09:58 - May 17 with 2245 viewsgazza1

He is a good lad, proper team player and a key player in MW set-up.

Sadly many just wanted to 'rubbish' him (Wanted Niko to play ahead of him!!!) when not really understanding his standing within the Club, to the Team and to individual players. He was never as poor on the pitch as many suggested either. Put in some proper fine performances in the 2nd half of the season.

Nice interview.
[Post edited 17 May 2021 10:00]
New one year contract for Wallace on 10:33 - May 17 with 2203 viewsrsonist

New one year contract for Wallace on 09:58 - May 17 by gazza1

He is a good lad, proper team player and a key player in MW set-up.

Sadly many just wanted to 'rubbish' him (Wanted Niko to play ahead of him!!!) when not really understanding his standing within the Club, to the Team and to individual players. He was never as poor on the pitch as many suggested either. Put in some proper fine performances in the 2nd half of the season.

Nice interview.
[Post edited 17 May 2021 10:00]

You realise this is the exact opposite tack you take with developing players.
New one year contract for Wallace on 10:37 - May 17 with 2184 viewsgazza1

New one year contract for Wallace on 10:33 - May 17 by rsonist

You realise this is the exact opposite tack you take with developing players.

What are you on about?? What exact opposite???
[Post edited 17 May 2021 10:38]
New one year contract for Wallace on 11:00 - May 17 with 2152 viewsJeff

New one year contract for Wallace on 10:37 - May 17 by gazza1

What are you on about?? What exact opposite???
[Post edited 17 May 2021 10:38]

Willock is a good lad, proper team player and a key player in MW set-up.

Sadly many just wanted to 'rubbish' him (Wanted Adomah to play ahead of him!!!) when not really understanding his standing within the Club, to the Team and to individual players. He was never as poor on the pitch as many suggested either. Put in some proper fine performances in the 2nd half of the season.

Can we not knock it?

New one year contract for Wallace on 11:05 - May 17 with 2143 viewsfrancisbowles

New one year contract for Wallace on 11:00 - May 17 by Jeff

Sadly many just wanted to 'rubbish' him (Wanted Adomah to play ahead of him!!!) when not really understanding his standing within the Club, to the Team and to individual players. He was never as poor on the pitch as many suggested either. Put in some proper fine performances in the 2nd half of the season.

New one year contract for Wallace on 12:12 - May 17 with 2034 viewsgazza1

New one year contract for Wallace on 11:00 - May 17 by Jeff

Absolute Bollocks.......I have never rubbished Willock. My view was that he was inconsistent and that is why he was not selected. I have never questioned his ability, I have never said that he is not good enough in terms of playing skills, never questioned his attitude, just consistency and he was very inconsistent whether you like it or not.

As usual, bollocks from a few posters.

I am very pleased with & for Willock and pleased he is now playing far better.

Many posters have 'rubbished' Wallace though and wanted Niko to play.....they got their wish but now think very differently - fact.
[Post edited 17 May 2021 12:13]
New one year contract for Wallace on 13:21 - May 17 with 1919 viewsAntti_Heinola

'Well MW and his coaches, like me, cannot see that he is 'clearly good enough' to start every week. He 'clearly' isn't and that is why he doesn't.' If he cannot get himself fit in 4,5 6 months he will never be fit enough.'

Assuming you are in the same bracket as the coaches was a bit of a stretch, because about a week after this he became a regular in the side. So the coaches 'clearly' thought he was good enough at a time when you didn't.

It is fair to say, though, Gazza, that you said it was inconsistency that was keeping him out the team (although difficult to be consistent if you're not being consistently picked, so I can't really back you up too much there):

'Inconsistent.....that is why Willock doesn't start every week. Not good enough atm, maybe in time he will be.'

'In time' was about a week later.

So technically, Gazza was spot on.

;)

Bit of history re-writing from all sides, really. Gazza never did *quite* say Willock wasn't good enough, he was, as usual, enjoying being a bit contrary when people were clamouring for Willock to be given more minutes (those people, tbf, have been proved right). But also from Gazza's end too, because at no point did he even come close to saying he thought Willock was as good as he was for the final third of the season.

Great argument though.

Bare bones.

New one year contract for Wallace on 13:52 - May 17 with 1858 viewswombat

New one year contract for Wallace on 13:21 - May 17 by Antti_Heinola

'Well MW and his coaches, like me, cannot see that he is 'clearly good enough' to start every week. He 'clearly' isn't and that is why he doesn't.' If he cannot get himself fit in 4,5 6 months he will never be fit enough.'

Assuming you are in the same bracket as the coaches was a bit of a stretch, because about a week after this he became a regular in the side. So the coaches 'clearly' thought he was good enough at a time when you didn't.

It is fair to say, though, Gazza, that you said it was inconsistency that was keeping him out the team (although difficult to be consistent if you're not being consistently picked, so I can't really back you up too much there):

'Inconsistent.....that is why Willock doesn't start every week. Not good enough atm, maybe in time he will be.'

;)

Bit of history re-writing from all sides, really. Gazza never did *quite* say Willock wasn't good enough, he was, as usual, enjoying being a bit contrary when people were clamouring for Willock to be given more minutes (those people, tbf, have been proved right). But also from Gazza's end too, because at no point did he even come close to saying he thought Willock was as good as he was for the final third of the season.

Great argument though.

happliy eaten my early season words about lee, works well with chair on the left as well
couple more in and next season could be a belter thats for sure

Poll: which is your favouite foot

New one year contract for Wallace on 17:21 - May 17 with 1740 viewsgazza1

New one year contract for Wallace on 13:21 - May 17 by Antti_Heinola

;)

Great argument though.

Right Antti……for the very last time on the subject of Willock and his inconsistent form earlier in the season.

IMHO Willock did not play every match or frequently as many posters wanted him to was because he was more inconsistent than many of the other players and maybe he was playing in a team/position where MW wanted better. I have never complained or critisized his playing ability or his attitude. You state that I have said this to be controversial, incorrect, I have said it because I am supportive of the Managers selection and consistency is the reason why he didn’t get as much game time….what else could it be? (And don’t give me fitness!!!) You seem to think that the next match after I suggested he was inconsistent that he played ever since very often. I cannot be bothered to check all this out but I would suggest he has been more of a regular in the Team since THAT match when his consistency in THAT match was not an issue. As far as football dressing rooms & training sessions that you mention — like it or not I have been in some pretty difficult half time and full time dressing rooms when things are not right, plus some training sessions that are soooo painful!! - I am not suggesting that I am in the 'same bracket as the coaches was a bit of a stretch', just a little understanding with what goes on. And Willock got more time when his inconsistency was at an accepted level that we play at. Finally, I recognize that Willock has improved and I am sure I have written on the subject, so you are incorrect again!!.

Well Antti, I hope I have covered the subject because for now until next season I do not plan to post any more stuff about Willock and his consistency or lack of it. Have a nice summer.
[Post edited 17 May 2021 18:07]
New one year contract for Wallace on 21:54 - May 17 with 1613 viewsAntti_Heinola

New one year contract for Wallace on 17:21 - May 17 by gazza1

Right Antti……for the very last time on the subject of Willock and his inconsistent form earlier in the season.

IMHO Willock did not play every match or frequently as many posters wanted him to was because he was more inconsistent than many of the other players and maybe he was playing in a team/position where MW wanted better. I have never complained or critisized his playing ability or his attitude. You state that I have said this to be controversial, incorrect, I have said it because I am supportive of the Managers selection and consistency is the reason why he didn’t get as much game time….what else could it be? (And don’t give me fitness!!!) You seem to think that the next match after I suggested he was inconsistent that he played ever since very often. I cannot be bothered to check all this out but I would suggest he has been more of a regular in the Team since THAT match when his consistency in THAT match was not an issue. As far as football dressing rooms & training sessions that you mention — like it or not I have been in some pretty difficult half time and full time dressing rooms when things are not right, plus some training sessions that are soooo painful!! - I am not suggesting that I am in the 'same bracket as the coaches was a bit of a stretch', just a little understanding with what goes on. And Willock got more time when his inconsistency was at an accepted level that we play at. Finally, I recognize that Willock has improved and I am sure I have written on the subject, so you are incorrect again!!.

Well Antti, I hope I have covered the subject because for now until next season I do not plan to post any more stuff about Willock and his consistency or lack of it. Have a nice summer.
[Post edited 17 May 2021 18:07]

Bit weird, mate. I know I was tongue in cheek, but a lot of that was actually backing your arguments. You were the one who said he had problems with fitness, not me.

Besides all that, I *really* enjoyed today's fishing trip - but maybe my delivery needs as much working on as yours ;)

Have a great summer.

Bare bones.

New one year contract for Wallace on 07:54 - May 18 with 1483 viewsgazza1

New one year contract for Wallace on 21:54 - May 17 by Antti_Heinola

Bit weird, mate. I know I was tongue in cheek, but a lot of that was actually backing your arguments. You were the one who said he had problems with fitness, not me.

Besides all that, I *really* enjoyed today's fishing trip - but maybe my delivery needs as much working on as yours ;)

Have a great summer.

Back to Wallace(this is a Wallace thread after all!!), I am very pleased for him, good man and imho a major force in the R's picking up a lot of points in the 2nd half of the season. He will be an influence both off and on the field.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024