Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Todd Kane and Brentford 15:19 - May 20 with 23584 viewsflynnbo

https://www.brentfordfc.com/news/2021/may/brentford-fc-statement--fa-commission-
Todd Kane and Brentford on 19:01 - May 21 with 4042 viewsswitchingcode

Todd Kane and Brentford on 16:18 - May 20 by Juzzie

When Brentford beat Watford 2-0 in the penultimate League game even a Watford fan was commenting on how condescending and entitled their fans were.
Brentford fans were giving all the "Watford were nothing special" "how have they been auto promoted" etc.

The Watford fans had to tell the Brentford that as they were already promoted they left out 8 key players to give other players a chance of some first team action.

Clearly Brentford fans didn't have the nous to see this and just thought it was all about them.

Like some fans of all clubs post so don’t judge us all the same suggest you take time to read some of
the posts on here.We all have fans who post stuff that makes us embarrassed.
For what it’s worth I think this has been a mountain out of a molehill and wish Canos had not run across the pitch to report this to the Ref and should have had it out in the tunnel at the end. But then im seen as a dinosaur in these modern times.
Todd Kane and Brentford on 19:50 - May 21 with 3941 viewsNed_Kennedys

Todd Kane and Brentford on 13:18 - May 21 by NW5Hoop

Dickie's account was discounted because the commission, not unreasonably (and without criticising Dickie) felt it was natural for someone to support their teammate and he was not an independent witness. And because Kane changed his story, that rather undermined Dickie.

We didn't believe Ashley Cole when he said John Terry didn't say what we believe he said, did we? It's the same thing.

No it’s not the same thing is it?

Terry was caught on the TV cameras saying what he did and lip readers confirmed it.
Todd Kane and Brentford on 19:58 - May 21 with 3922 viewsHunterhoop

Todd Kane and Brentford on 13:33 - May 21 by RBlock

That boy really is thick as mince. How hard is it to show a little remorse?

"k. The FA invited the Commission to take into account some of the responses provided by Mr. Todd Kane’s in his interview with The FA in which he appears to demonstrate a lack of insight and/or remorse for calling Mr. Canos a ‘foreign prick’.

l. At page 22 of the interview transcript, for example, when asked whether Mr. Todd Kane understands why calling someone ‘foreign’ is an issue, the beginning of his response is: "If I'm being perfectly honest, no, because I don't know what nationality he is. As I said, I don't know much about the player, if I'm being honest. I didn't want to say, for example, I don't know, Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, because I didn't know where he's from.”"

We really haven’t been able to wash the Chelsea out of him, have we?

Like you, I agree it doesn’t read well. It’s like he just lumps all foreigners together as “them”. Sounds like a bit of a moron. Given the Kakay interview, this, the fact he cannot cross a football, and his Chelsea connections, it would be nice if we could move on.
Todd Kane and Brentford on 20:08 - May 21 with 3897 viewsQPR_John

Dickie's account was discounted because the commission, not unreasonably (and without criticising Dickie) felt it was natural for someone to support their teammate and he was not an independent witness. And because Kane changed his story, that rather undermined Dickie.

We didn't believe Ashley Cole when he said John Terry didn't say what we believe he said, did we? It's the same thing.

“We didn't believe Ashley Cole when he said John Terry didn't say what we believe he said, did we? It's the same thing.”

The difference being we are bias whereas the FA should not be.
Todd Kane and Brentford on 17:18 - May 22 with 3671 viewsPinnerPaul

Todd Kane and Brentford on 20:08 - May 21 by QPR_John

“We didn't believe Ashley Cole when he said John Terry didn't say what we believe he said, did we? It's the same thing.”

The difference being we are bias whereas the FA should not be.

As I said above, the FA present the evidence for the prosecution and the INDEPENDENT panel decide the outcome.
Todd Kane and Brentford on 21:33 - May 22 with 3508 viewsQPR_John

Todd Kane and Brentford on 17:18 - May 22 by PinnerPaul

As I said above, the FA present the evidence for the prosecution and the INDEPENDENT panel decide the outcome.

Yes OK
Todd Kane and Brentford on 08:23 - May 23 with 3259 viewsTGRRRSSS

If Dickie's account is discounted, was he lying then?

It cant be both?

Given the proximity he must have been within he's either lying to back a teammate or he's telling the truth?
Todd Kane and Brentford on 13:47 - May 24 with 3050 viewsBenny_the_Ball

John Terry was caught on camera, Kane wasn't. The commission went with Canos' account, even though he is no more an independent witness than Dickie. The difference was Kane admitted his part whilst Canos denied his.
Login to get fewer ads

Todd Kane and Brentford on 09:35 - Jun 21 with 2558 viewsBazzeR

Does Todd Kane ban currently stand at 6 games due to missing the Luton game,and would missing early league Cup games this coming season count towards what’s left?

If a move abroad or Scotland doesn’t pan out Kane football career appears to be in a tail spin.

Is there a way back for him at this club if MW throws a bone and more importantly if Todd Kane gets his head back on.

Im sure some would have a different outlook like me if he hadn’t come from down the road.
Todd Kane and Brentford on 09:49 - Jun 21 with 2483 viewsterryb

Todd Kane and Brentford on 09:35 - Jun 21 by BazzeR

Does Todd Kane ban currently stand at 6 games due to missing the Luton game,and would missing early league Cup games this coming season count towards what’s left?

If a move abroad or Scotland doesn’t pan out Kane football career appears to be in a tail spin.

Is there a way back for him at this club if MW throws a bone and more importantly if Todd Kane gets his head back on.

Im sure some would have a different outlook like me if he hadn’t come from down the road.

All first team competitive games count. Yes, he has served one goame of his ban & at least one more will be for a League Cup match.

Is there a way back for him at Rangers? It would be very hard to believe that there is.

I honestly don't believe that coming from Chelsea has anything to do with supporters views on his conduct & ability. That has more to do with the level of ability he has shown on the pitch & the statements that were said.

His put down of Kakay was subjective, but was a crass thing to say about a team mate. His "transfer" to Sheffield United & valuation was laughable & clearly not true. I will concede that his agent or friends might have told him that a move there was possible, but who would pay £13 million for a free agent?
Todd Kane and Brentford on 09:57 - Jun 21 with 2433 viewsMyke

Todd Kane and Brentford on 09:35 - Jun 21 by BazzeR

Players have come back from lengthy bans before and continued to play for clubs that - on the surface - they appeared to have no future with. Who knows what sort of dialogue is going on behind the scenes between Todd and management? Missing 6 games (5 if you include the League Cup, assuming we go out in round 1 as usual) is no big deal in the modern game. Between 'knocks', being 'rested' and suspensions, players regularly sit out several games per season. I would be reluctant to write off Kane, he is currently the best right wing back at the club. If he is still at the club and fans are back in, I hope they support him, as we all need to pull together if we are serious about a promotion challenge.
Todd Kane and Brentford on 10:01 - Jun 21 with 2398 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Todd Kane and Brentford on 09:57 - Jun 21 by Myke

Players have come back from lengthy bans before and continued to play for clubs that - on the surface - they appeared to have no future with. Who knows what sort of dialogue is going on behind the scenes between Todd and management? Missing 6 games (5 if you include the League Cup, assuming we go out in round 1 as usual) is no big deal in the modern game. Between 'knocks', being 'rested' and suspensions, players regularly sit out several games per season. I would be reluctant to write off Kane, he is currently the best right wing back at the club. If he is still at the club and fans are back in, I hope they support him, as we all need to pull together if we are serious about a promotion challenge.

I hope we sell him, Myke. He has owned up to xenophobic abuse and we need to do everything in our power to remove such behaviour from our club. In this case there's a clear path to doing just that.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Todd Kane and Brentford on 10:05 - Jun 21 with 2384 viewsdaveB

Todd Kane and Brentford on 09:49 - Jun 21 by terryb

All first team competitive games count. Yes, he has served one goame of his ban & at least one more will be for a League Cup match.

Is there a way back for him at Rangers? It would be very hard to believe that there is.

I honestly don't believe that coming from Chelsea has anything to do with supporters views on his conduct & ability. That has more to do with the level of ability he has shown on the pitch & the statements that were said.

His put down of Kakay was subjective, but was a crass thing to say about a team mate. His "transfer" to Sheffield United & valuation was laughable & clearly not true. I will concede that his agent or friends might have told him that a move there was possible, but who would pay £13 million for a free agent?

He wasn't a free agent at the time that deal was mooted. It was widely reported at the time that was the fee whether that was true or not is unclear.

I feel a bit for Kane, Adel Taarabt said far worse about teams mates and was widely loved. Joey Barton slated the club and was given a heroes reception so we are a forgiving lot when it suits us.
Todd Kane and Brentford on 10:13 - Jun 21 with 2351 viewssprocket

Todd Kane and Brentford on 10:05 - Jun 21 by daveB

He wasn't a free agent at the time that deal was mooted. It was widely reported at the time that was the fee whether that was true or not is unclear.

I feel a bit for Kane, Adel Taarabt said far worse about teams mates and was widely loved. Joey Barton slated the club and was given a heroes reception so we are a forgiving lot when it suits us.

This...

One thing though we now have Warbs as manager and he has clear lines drawn for player behaviour that Kane has crossed.
Todd Kane and Brentford on 10:24 - Jun 21 with 2275 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Todd Kane and Brentford on 10:05 - Jun 21 by daveB

I've always agreed with you, Dave, about the interview - seemed like we would have forgiven Austin (for example) for that.

The xenophobia is a deal-breaker, though. Can't be kept after that.

Todd Kane and Brentford on 10:25 - Jun 21 with 2272 viewsBazzeR

If I’m being honest I’m far more critical of players of players from them lot down the road.

I would tend to go along with Mykes view that Kane is slightly ahead of Kakay going forward but with more experience Kakay will be the better player.

It was said that Marko Arnautovic made a Nationalist insult to a North Macecedonist player in the Euros and received a 1 match ban,where is the context in Kane’s ban ?
[Post edited 21 Jun 2021 10:32]
Todd Kane and Brentford on 10:47 - Jun 21 with 2161 viewsdaveB

Todd Kane and Brentford on 10:24 - Jun 21 by BrianMcCarthy

I've always agreed with you, Dave, about the interview - seemed like we would have forgiven Austin (for example) for that.

Oh yeah not suggesting we keep him but do think other players would have been forgiven for those quotes about Kakay.
Todd Kane and Brentford on 10:56 - Jun 21 with 2135 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Todd Kane and Brentford on 10:47 - Jun 21 by daveB

Oh yeah not suggesting we keep him but do think other players would have been forgiven for those quotes about Kakay.

Agreed.

Todd Kane and Brentford on 11:05 - Jun 21 with 2097 viewsSnipper

Todd Kane and Brentford on 10:24 - Jun 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Reign it in Brian ffs. So you’ve been whiter than white your whole life?

Todd Kane is a working class person playing a working class game. I only reached the dizzy heights of playing Sunday morning football. Some of the stuff I heard players call each other while I was playing wasn’t nice. I was guilty of that on more than one occasion. Things were said in the heat of battle, but we all shook hands afterwards.

Would Kane say what he said to Canos if he walked past him in the street? Of course he wouldn’t.
As I said, in the heat of the battle, you say things you regret afterwards. If Todd Kane plays for QPR next season, he’ll have my full support.

When I was growing up, I had loads of anti Irish stuff thrown at me as I’m first generation British to Irish parents. I gave back as good as I got.
Todd Kane and Brentford on 11:43 - Jun 21 with 1933 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Todd Kane and Brentford on 11:05 - Jun 21 by Snipper

Todd Kane is a working class person playing a working class game. I only reached the dizzy heights of playing Sunday morning football. Some of the stuff I heard players call each other while I was playing wasn’t nice. I was guilty of that on more than one occasion. Things were said in the heat of battle, but we all shook hands afterwards.

Would Kane say what he said to Canos if he walked past him in the street? Of course he wouldn’t.
As I said, in the heat of the battle, you say things you regret afterwards. If Todd Kane plays for QPR next season, he’ll have my full support.

When I was growing up, I had loads of anti Irish stuff thrown at me as I’m first generation British to Irish parents. I gave back as good as I got.

I've never committed xenophobic abuse, Snipper, if that's what you're asking.

Look, I'm only offering my own opinion here, and I'm not saying it's the only legitimate one, but my view is that if the "heat of the battle" argument is a legitimate defence for Kane then it's legitimate for everyone, including John Terry.

What he did was wrong, he got banned, and I think he should be sold.

Todd Kane and Brentford on 11:46 - Jun 21 with 1917 views100percent

Todd Kane and Brentford on 11:05 - Jun 21 by Snipper

Sorry Snipper, but I have to agree with Brian on this.
As you point out, we as working class kids got into all types of scraps on the local playing fields, but its not comparable - an neither does it make it acceptable.
kane is a professional footballer and is paid more money than we could ever imagine - as such he should be an ambassador for our club - more so than ever in the present climate it is imperative to be completely aware of the negative connotations of xenophobia and racism. It's not rocket science.
I don't want want him playing for my club again - I won't support anyone who's go to insults are racist, xenophobic or homophobic.
Todd Kane and Brentford on 12:02 - Jun 21 with 1834 viewsSnipper

Todd Kane and Brentford on 11:43 - Jun 21 by BrianMcCarthy

I've never committed xenophobic abuse, Snipper, if that's what you're asking.

Look, I'm only offering my own opinion here, and I'm not saying it's the only legitimate one, but my view is that if the "heat of the battle" argument is a legitimate defence for Kane then it's legitimate for everyone, including John Terry.

What he did was wrong, he got banned, and I think he should be sold.

No, I wasn’t asking that. You’ve obviously led a holier than thou life than most people.

I said things are said in the heat of battle, things you regret. So you’re saying that a player who said something in the heat of battle shouldn’t play for our club anymore? They’re working class football players, not robots.

So, with your argument, the English cricketer, Ollie Robinson, shouldn’t play for England again due to historic tweets when he was 17/18.

People all over are being cancelled or losing their livelihoods because of the barking mad lefty culture we live in. People losing jobs for their belief that there’s only two genders for example. Well I for one am bloody sick of it.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2021 12:04]
Todd Kane and Brentford on 12:15 - Jun 21 with 1773 viewsWilly_WonkR

I don't get the heat of the argument thing at all. This suggests that the xenophobic thoughts are in there and are contained in most situations and are only expressed when the going gets tough. What we as a club and society should be working towards is not having the thoughts in there in the first place.
I can't imagine teaching my children that it's ok to think like that but just don't say it because it would upset people.
Does anybody think that it's ok to have a xenophobic Rangers player as long as they keep their thoughts to themselves? We should look at educating them or moving them on as it isn't tolerated to any degree.
Todd Kane and Brentford on 12:19 - Jun 21 with 1745 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Todd Kane and Brentford on 12:02 - Jun 21 by Snipper

No, I wasn’t asking that. You’ve obviously led a holier than thou life than most people.

I said things are said in the heat of battle, things you regret. So you’re saying that a player who said something in the heat of battle shouldn’t play for our club anymore? They’re working class football players, not robots.

So, with your argument, the English cricketer, Ollie Robinson, shouldn’t play for England again due to historic tweets when he was 17/18.

People all over are being cancelled or losing their livelihoods because of the barking mad lefty culture we live in. People losing jobs for their belief that there’s only two genders for example. Well I for one am bloody sick of it.

I'm not holier than thou at all, Snipper. I've done things I'm deeply ashamed of, that make me shudder when I remember them, and I've accepted the consequences.

I don't think this is about cancel culture - this is me being old-fashioned by saying that there are consequences to actions and they need to be faced up to.

And I don't think it's got anything to do with being working class - my parents are working class - one has used xenophobic language in the past, the other never has. I have no idea if Kane is working class, middle class or has a two-page entry in Debrett's Peerage.

And I don't think it's got anything to do with being lefty. I have right-wing friends who dislike xenophobia as much as i do.

I just don't think he should play for our club again, I think that's the appropriate reaction to his actions, and I know others think differently, and that's fine.

Todd Kane and Brentford on 12:25 - Jun 21 with 1716 viewsWatfordR

Todd Kane and Brentford on 12:02 - Jun 21 by Snipper

My penny's worth (FWIW)

There's a difference between you, as an individual, playing a game of football for recreation on a weekend, and Todd Kane playing a game of football as a paid professional, representing his employers. Whether he's from a working class background, or was born to the Queen of England, should not make one jot of difference in that case.

Similarly, the issue with Ollie Robinson is whether he made comments as an individual, or as someone who was employed by Yorkshire CCC. He's caused the problem, he's had plenty of time to take action to demonstrate that as a professional sportsmen wanting to reach the heights of his sport, he recognises the stupidity of what he did, and his responsibility to address that problems it caused.

It's a fact of life, if jobs are in peril, you have a responsibility to yourself and the people who you support (family, whoever) to make sure you aren't giving someone the opportunity to take your livelihood from you.

We've all screwed up at some stage, but don't start by blaming others for your actions.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024