Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Todd Kane and Brentford 15:19 - May 20 with 23586 viewsflynnbo

https://www.brentfordfc.com/news/2021/may/brentford-fc-statement--fa-commission-
Todd Kane and Brentford on 17:36 - May 20 with 3596 viewsNorthantsHoop

I don't have much time for Brentford, but don't find anything wrong with their statement. The real disappointment is the behaviour of Kane, cannot condone this sort of stuff and the sooner he is moved on the better.
Todd Kane and Brentford on 17:49 - May 20 with 3527 viewsdistortR

Todd Kane and Brentford on 17:31 - May 20 by Northernr

Full case notes don't make good reading. I'd love to know the reasons for publishing the outcome and the suspension, letting everybody go nuts over it, and then publishing the full report later on. It should all come out at once.

agree with you there.

I find the panel's assertions on Canos naive, but even so, kane comes across as ignorant in all that word's meanings.
Todd Kane and Brentford on 17:54 - May 20 with 3496 viewsrobith

Look I love mugging Brentford as much as the next person but I'm really at a loss as to what is wrong with this statement?
Todd Kane and Brentford on 17:55 - May 20 with 3491 viewsrobith

Todd Kane and Brentford on 17:00 - May 20 by denhamhoop2

I have and the reason he was charged is the use of foreign and the tone of it as being offensive oh and his admission of guilt plus the continual use derogatory language of grass Do find it strange that Dickie's account was totally discounted. Just think the FA are heading down a dangerous path because many things are said in the heat of battle which would be totally unacceptable anywhere else.

Why does unacceptable stuff become OK because people are kicking a ball around?
Todd Kane and Brentford on 18:08 - May 20 with 3434 viewskarl

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/club-statement-todd-kane-200521/

Acceptable level of backing from the club, in the circumstances
Todd Kane and Brentford on 18:09 - May 20 with 3427 viewsPinnerPaul

I have and the reason he was charged is the use of foreign and the tone of it as being offensive oh and his admission of guilt plus the continual use derogatory language of grass Do find it strange that Dickie's account was totally discounted. Just think the FA are heading down a dangerous path because many things are said in the heat of battle which would be totally unacceptable anywhere else.

Fair enough, but just to correct a slight misconception here.

The FA are the prosecutors in these cases, with the Independent Commission being the judge and jury.

Also they act not in a court of law sense - "beyond all reasonable doubt" but using "balance of probabilities" as the criteria for guilt or innocence.

Bearing in mind the minimum punishment laid down is 6 matches, and considering the repeated use, I think 7 was fair. They said it would have been 8 but for his admission, apology and agreement to go on a course.

I think his line in his interview with them about using the word 'foreign' because he didn't know his exact nationality didn't help his cause!
Todd Kane and Brentford on 20:16 - May 20 with 3178 viewsjoe90

Todd Kane and Brentford on 18:08 - May 20 by karl

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/club-statement-todd-kane-200521/

Acceptable level of backing from the club, in the circumstances

Not a great statement from the club IMO.

Kane has accepted responsibility, the clubs has made clear its position on such behaviour, that should be case closed.

Having a pop at the FA about how the case was handled doesn't look good.
Todd Kane and Brentford on 20:31 - May 20 with 3130 viewsNorthernr

Todd Kane and Brentford on 20:16 - May 20 by joe90

Not a great statement from the club IMO.

Kane has accepted responsibility, the clubs has made clear its position on such behaviour, that should be case closed.

Having a pop at the FA about how the case was handled doesn't look good.

Agree. I think it’s a misjudgement from the club.
Though they are right about the timings on these things.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Login to get fewer ads

Todd Kane and Brentford on 20:46 - May 20 with 3065 viewsDavieQPR

So you can call someone a pr*ck or a c*nt but you mustn't call them a foreign one.
Todd Kane and Brentford on 21:09 - May 20 with 2997 viewsHayesender

Todd Kane and Brentford on 20:46 - May 20 by DavieQPR

So you can call someone a pr*ck or a c*nt but you mustn't call them a foreign one.

You can call someone an English cnt, but woe betide you if you bite back

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Todd Kane and Brentford on 21:37 - May 20 with 2951 viewsjtuck

Todd Kane and Brentford on 17:31 - May 20 by Northernr

Full case notes don't make good reading. I'd love to know the reasons for publishing the outcome and the suspension, letting everybody go nuts over it, and then publishing the full report later on. It should all come out at once.

Where can you read the case notes on the Web? Not finding it immediately.

LAranger

Todd Kane and Brentford on 21:48 - May 20 with 2918 viewsdistortR

Todd Kane and Brentford on 20:31 - May 20 by Northernr

well, it appears the only witness has stood by his statement.
There may be some anger at the club that this was so easily dismissed, casting aspersions on Dickie.
Kane's belligerence could have been seen by the panel as telling as Canos's indignation apparently was.
Who knows, maybe Canos ran to the ref to get his version of events in before Kane. We all know people like that.
near impossible job for the panel, though.
Todd Kane and Brentford on 22:56 - May 20 with 2821 viewskarl

Todd Kane and Brentford on 20:31 - May 20 by Northernr

Kanes career could be on the line here, certainly the income he could expect to make from it.
Now its obviously his own actions that have created the situation but what we don't know is the circumstances around his admission of guilt, has the club said something along the lines of 'owning his mistake and we'll support you?'
I, not for one minute, think Todd Kane went in and admitted his guilt without some assurance like that. He could have done the same as Canos and blanked the situation putting the onus on the FA etc.
If that is the scenario then I think it's only fair that the club follow this up and reiterating the fact Rob Dickie supported his position of being insulted in a similar manner first, a part of the process ignored in Brentfords statement, probably understandably, and does make Kanes position look worse in the public gaze.
Without knowing the facts that's just another angle we can look at it from and I back the club in doing it.
There will always be a club willing to take on Kane but it's not going to be an easy one for him with the actual ban to serve and the stigma of the event as well.
Overall a crap situation but I don't think the club have mishandled it yet
Todd Kane and Brentford on 23:04 - May 20 with 2794 viewsdaveB

I'm completely with the club on how long this takes. It was basically a case of he said she said not a murder enquiry needing 100's of witness statements. Should be dealt with as quickly as a red card appeal
Todd Kane and Brentford on 23:12 - May 20 with 2776 viewsPeterHucker

The FA notes say Canos admits calling Kane an "ugly c*nt" but denies calling him an "ugly English c*nt"

It was only after the match that Kane claimed that Canos said the "English" bit. It seems the FA have decided that Kane is making that bit up, and reading the whole thing without my QPR blinkers on I have to say that Kane's version of events doesn't sound very believable at all.

Mainly because Kane has not done himself any favours by repeatedly calling Canos a "f*cking grass" after the incident. Which makes him look like an absolute dick and that's definitely not going to make the FA hearing very sympathetic at all.

I'm hoping Kane leaves this summer, not just because of this but also because of the Osman Kakay thing, but also because he's really not very good at playing football.

I think the club should just quietly show him towards the exit door and make no further comment on the hearing.
[Post edited 20 May 2021 23:14]
Todd Kane and Brentford on 09:50 - May 21 with 2428 viewsLazyFan

I suspect the real reason QPR put out that statement is to tell the FA ...

We could have taken the ban way back then and now moved him on and everyone can forget about him as no one likes him.

But due to your slowness, we now will have trouble moving him on as he still has 6 games to be banned from. Therefore it will be hard to move him on and that has cost us money you feckers!

No one will take him on now with a 6 game ban, along with his arrogant attitude and the stink of racism. We wouldn't do it so, why should we expect any other club too.
He's too arrogant to go abroad and he does like foreigners anyway. Our only chance is if promoted Hull City were desperate to take him as they may be fooled into thinking he's a Champ RB or some bigger team is desperate trouble at the foot of the champ come transfer window end. I think that's a long shot, I worry we shall be stuck with him for a long time.

We need to get rid of him and quick!

zzzzzzzzzz

Todd Kane and Brentford on 10:14 - May 21 with 2372 viewsterryb

Todd Kane and Brentford on 09:50 - May 21 by LazyFan

I suspect the real reason QPR put out that statement is to tell the FA ...

We could have taken the ban way back then and now moved him on and everyone can forget about him as no one likes him.

But due to your slowness, we now will have trouble moving him on as he still has 6 games to be banned from. Therefore it will be hard to move him on and that has cost us money you feckers!

No one will take him on now with a 6 game ban, along with his arrogant attitude and the stink of racism. We wouldn't do it so, why should we expect any other club too.
He's too arrogant to go abroad and he does like foreigners anyway. Our only chance is if promoted Hull City were desperate to take him as they may be fooled into thinking he's a Champ RB or some bigger team is desperate trouble at the foot of the champ come transfer window end. I think that's a long shot, I worry we shall be stuck with him for a long time.

We need to get rid of him and quick!

I don't agree with this "no club will take him on because of the ban".

It may be that clubs resist signing him at the start of the transfer window, but come the end of August he will have one match left at most. This would make him a target for the last few days of the market.

Whether anyone will be wishing to sign him is a different question though, but that applied before the Camos incident as well.
Todd Kane and Brentford on 10:16 - May 21 with 2354 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Todd Kane and Brentford on 10:14 - May 21 by terryb

It may be that clubs resist signing him at the start of the transfer window, but come the end of August he will have one match left at most. This would make him a target for the last few days of the market.

Whether anyone will be wishing to sign him is a different question though, but that applied before the Camos incident as well.

Agreed, Terry.

We'll find a taker for him somewhere.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Todd Kane and Brentford on 12:43 - May 21 with 2212 views100percent

Todd Kane and Brentford on 10:14 - May 21 by terryb

I think someone will take him - after all, if scum like Ched Evans can get a contract, then someone will take kane - it just leaves us in a very poor bargaining position.
I'm at odds with the new club statement - it's just shifting blame.
I don't care what the FA or brentford do with canos - its irrelevant and just demonstrates their own inadequacies.
It's what we do that matters and I think we should be sending out a strong signal by stating that any form of racism is unacceptable at QPR. As such, kane should never play for us again and should be either sacked or drummed out.
Todd Kane and Brentford on 13:18 - May 21 with 2116 viewsNW5Hoop

Dickie's account was discounted because the commission, not unreasonably (and without criticising Dickie) felt it was natural for someone to support their teammate and he was not an independent witness. And because Kane changed his story, that rather undermined Dickie.

We didn't believe Ashley Cole when he said John Terry didn't say what we believe he said, did we? It's the same thing.
Todd Kane and Brentford on 13:33 - May 21 with 2066 viewsRBlock

That boy really is thick as mince. How hard is it to show a little remorse?

"k. The FA invited the Commission to take into account some of the responses provided by Mr. Todd Kane’s in his interview with The FA in which he appears to demonstrate a lack of insight and/or remorse for calling Mr. Canos a ‘foreign prick’.

l. At page 22 of the interview transcript, for example, when asked whether Mr. Todd Kane understands why calling someone ‘foreign’ is an issue, the beginning of his response is: "If I'm being perfectly honest, no, because I don't know what nationality he is. As I said, I don't know much about the player, if I'm being honest. I didn't want to say, for example, I don't know, Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, because I didn't know where he's from.”"
Todd Kane and Brentford on 13:46 - May 21 with 2036 viewsloneranger1

Todd Kane and Brentford on 12:43 - May 21 by 100percent

I think someone will take him - after all, if scum like Ched Evans can get a contract, then someone will take kane - it just leaves us in a very poor bargaining position.
I'm at odds with the new club statement - it's just shifting blame.
I don't care what the FA or brentford do with canos - its irrelevant and just demonstrates their own inadequacies.
It's what we do that matters and I think we should be sending out a strong signal by stating that any form of racism is unacceptable at QPR. As such, kane should never play for us again and should be either sacked or drummed out.

Exactly this.
Really don't need a bad apple when we have our Rangers back and have begun to develop such a likeable group - which managed perfectly well without him for about the last third of the season (granted with help from Chaz and JoJo)
Todd Kane and Brentford on 13:50 - May 21 with 2029 viewsstevec

Todd Kane and Brentford on 13:18 - May 21 by NW5Hoop

Dickie's account was discounted because the commission, not unreasonably (and without criticising Dickie) felt it was natural for someone to support their teammate and he was not an independent witness. And because Kane changed his story, that rather undermined Dickie.

We didn't believe Ashley Cole when he said John Terry didn't say what we believe he said, did we? It's the same thing.

I’m curious where you’re supposed to find an independent witness on a football pitch, maybe we could invite neutral supporters to wander about the pitch as more reliable witnesses.

I think Kane could have handled this more discreetly. Last game of 76, Joe Jordan was giving Dave Clement constant earache and trying to intimidate him. Clement totally ignored him until the ref was occupied elsewhere and promptly smacked Jordan in the face.

Would have reduced Kane’s ban by four games too, a win win situation.
Todd Kane and Brentford on 16:18 - May 21 with 1912 viewsPinnerPaul

Todd Kane and Brentford on 21:37 - May 20 by jtuck

Where can you read the case notes on the Web? Not finding it immediately.

See my posts above
Todd Kane and Brentford on 17:37 - May 21 with 1782 viewsdistortR

Todd Kane and Brentford on 13:33 - May 21 by RBlock

That boy really is thick as mince. How hard is it to show a little remorse?

"k. The FA invited the Commission to take into account some of the responses provided by Mr. Todd Kane’s in his interview with The FA in which he appears to demonstrate a lack of insight and/or remorse for calling Mr. Canos a ‘foreign prick’.

l. At page 22 of the interview transcript, for example, when asked whether Mr. Todd Kane understands why calling someone ‘foreign’ is an issue, the beginning of his response is: "If I'm being perfectly honest, no, because I don't know what nationality he is. As I said, I don't know much about the player, if I'm being honest. I didn't want to say, for example, I don't know, Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, because I didn't know where he's from.”"

you could read that as Kane wanting to return the 'ugly English' compliment with a more targeted response.
Also, many people seem to be taking Canos's word and the FA found him to be seemingly independent and believable when Dickie isn't, yet if we look at them on the pitch, only one of them is frequently trying to cheat and simulate.....................
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024