Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Austin official 15:07 - Jun 2 with 11586 viewsBAWHoops

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Austin official on 15:11 - Jun 2 with 6252 viewsBrianMcCarthy

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/charlie-austin-is-back-020621/

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Austin official on 15:18 - Jun 2 with 6155 viewsrobith

Austin official on 15:22 - Jun 2 with 6101 viewseccles

'kin get in!!!
Austin official on 15:28 - Jun 2 with 5990 viewssimmo

Welcome home, Chaz. I'm not as hyped as some, mainly cos weve known it was coming a while and there are still some questions - but it's a big statement of intent and I trust the board to have manufactured the deal to fit in our structure.

Looks like we're going for it this year, just a season after no revenue. Big call, but this genuinely feels like something of a turning point, after treading water for years we've got our wages to a manageable level, have developed and sold players for profit and have a young squad of prospects that we're adding to. Maybe we can finally start the season ready to compete for more than 16th!

If Johansen or an equivalent can be added, it's big boy pants all season.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Austin official on 15:32 - Jun 2 with 5935 viewsRangersw12

So glad I've got a ST as it could be a big year

That first game back and the reception he will get will be very special
Austin official on 15:33 - Jun 2 with 5917 viewsenfieldargh

Austin official on 15:28 - Jun 2 by simmo

Welcome home, Chaz. I'm not as hyped as some, mainly cos weve known it was coming a while and there are still some questions - but it's a big statement of intent and I trust the board to have manufactured the deal to fit in our structure.

Looks like we're going for it this year, just a season after no revenue. Big call, but this genuinely feels like something of a turning point, after treading water for years we've got our wages to a manageable level, have developed and sold players for profit and have a young squad of prospects that we're adding to. Maybe we can finally start the season ready to compete for more than 16th!

I'll need some big boy underpants too!!

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Austin official on 15:34 - Jun 2 with 5905 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think it's a huge risk, but I'm happy. Surprisingly so.
My Happy Angel fighting off my Stats-mad Demons.

Excellent work by the club getting us to a stage where this is possible. It's a huge signing and a real statement of intent.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Austin official on 15:40 - Jun 2 with 5813 viewsdenhamhoop2

Glad we have added his much needed experience , nous and his goal scoring instincts. I do hope it has not broken our wage ceiling because no player is worth bankrupting the club over my gut feeling is Lee Hoos and Les Ferdinand anticipate an absence of FFP for a 2 season gap and used this an excuse to spend big and gamble on a push for Playoffs.
Login to get fewer ads

Austin official on 15:42 - Jun 2 with 5786 viewsdanehoop

Austin official on 15:28 - Jun 2 by simmo

Agree Simmo big statement of intent/expectation from the owners.

Really hoping that the signings to this point act as an encouragement to Johansen as well. There is the foundation of a really special squad and manager for the season ahead. Its clear that we see him as being the fulcrum around which we want to build it. Sure he knows just how much we want him and it was clear how much he enjoyed his time with us. Seeing those other loan signings being made permanent, the likely offer of a minimum 3 year contract and staying in London must be tempting (if the financial package is sufficiently competitive).

If Johansen does sign and we can keep the momentum and progression going it might be a special season.

Its the hope that kills isnt it?

Never knowingly understood

Austin official on 15:44 - Jun 2 with 5770 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Excellent.

Dykes / Austin is the dream isn’t it.
Austin official on 15:44 - Jun 2 with 5764 viewsdaveB

great signing, no bigger risk than waiting till the end of August and signing whoever we can from the Prem on loan for similar money

Austin alone won't take us up but he is a big step towards that if we can get the other signings right. Similar to when Kevin Gallen came back
Austin official on 15:51 - Jun 2 with 5649 viewsBostonR

Incredible to get this over the line - he belongs at LR!

I wonder how many clubs we beat to his signature? Huge call by Charlie and the club.
Austin official on 15:51 - Jun 2 with 5644 viewsHAYESBOY

Anyone else notice the quote from MW about helping with future targets?

Smells like a trout farm in here

Austin official on 15:53 - Jun 2 with 5607 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Brilliant.

Typical IT decided to upgrade monitor and PC as the announcement was made.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Austin official on 15:57 - Jun 2 with 5585 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/55151
Austin official on 15:59 - Jun 2 with 5546 viewsterryb

Welcome back Charlie, you surpassed all my hopes & expectations while on loan.

Three down & one to go. I'm confident that Johansen will be joining once July is here.

Just two months to the season starts. I can't wait!
Austin official on 15:59 - Jun 2 with 5545 viewsNorthantsHoop

Great news with Charlie now on board, plus De Wijs and Field, with a bit of cool negotiating and convincing possibly Johansen as well. Who knows what a new season will bring, but for the first time in years we have great momentum from the 2nd half of last season to take us forward. In the past that has been lacking, keep the faith could be a great season ahead.
Austin official on 16:00 - Jun 2 with 5521 viewsDieByYourSide

Pissing with rain during all the content that's been released so must have been tied up a good week or so ago. Love it, welcome back Charlie!

Poll: And it's hi ho

Austin official on 16:02 - Jun 2 with 5512 viewsNorthernr

Austin official on 16:00 - Jun 2 by DieByYourSide

Pissing with rain during all the content that's been released so must have been tied up a good week or so ago. Love it, welcome back Charlie!

Been done weeks, I think they had to wait for West Brom's released list out of protocol/courtesy.
Austin official on 16:10 - Jun 2 with 5421 viewsPinnerPaul

Austin official on 15:51 - Jun 2 by HAYESBOY

Anyone else notice the quote from MW about helping with future targets?

MW did say recently that he was hoping for 2/3 signings in 'early June'.

Then its hold on to what we've got and then it could be a very exciting season.

Only slight fly in the ointment is that I've never heard Charlie praise MW and how he enjoys working with him etc etc, usual trite nonsense I suppose but a bit odd he never seems to mention him.

Apologies for talking nonsense if that's not true but I certainly can't remember such an interview if he has.
Austin official on 16:11 - Jun 2 with 5408 viewsEsox_Lucius

I suppose we'll have to think up a song for him now.

The grass is always greener.

Austin official on 16:20 - Jun 2 with 5291 viewsrobith

Being annoyingly sincere for a minute, last August my dad got a medical diagnosis that was basically curtains. I know Charlie's return really kept his spirits up through chemo in lockdown, and certainly enabled us to have something else to talk about.

Now by some combination of medical science, his own stubborn grit and pure cosmic coincidence, he's still here and fingers crossed, while medium term it's still bad news, will be into the start of the season.

I'm a big hard rugby player, but I'm not afraid to admit the possibility of going back to Loftus Road at least once more with the auld fella, and getting to see CHARLIE F**KING AUSTIN play for us, has made me pretty emotional today
Austin official on 16:20 - Jun 2 with 5289 viewsrsonist

Expected this since February :) He would have been deeply stupid to have said all the things he was coming out with if he were still angling for a big payday somewhere.

That payday also simply didn't exist so I'm fairly hopeful the club haven't been held to ransom here.

I don't see it as a big departure/pRoMotIon sTaTeMent for us strategically because his minutes will be balanced and he has unexpectedly offered so much in terms of intangibles that aid development. It's another Team of Men signing that's worked out brilliantly.
Austin official on 16:21 - Jun 2 with 5275 viewsPinnerPaul

Austin official on 15:57 - Jun 2 by Northernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/55151

Excellent stuff - both the article and the signing!
Austin official on 16:29 - Jun 2 with 5176 viewskensalriser

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024