Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where are all the fookin trees? 15:41 - Jun 12 with 3732 viewsRangersDave

Living oooop north in close to whippet country, i have just decided to go out for the afternoon, to defrag, chill, relax, get some space and air. Perfect.

The neighbour is doing his best to pee people off 25 miles away with his outdoor beat box thats got blown speakers, and has proved that his goes up to 12.
He's busy playing the same garage, gansta shyte almost on repeat, but certainly annoying.

Now , so before i decide to go all 'falling down' on his ass, i thought, lets look at good old google earth and find a forest, woods etc that may just be quiet enough to sit and just relax.

I turn on google earth, and search...... and search..... and search.....

Where the feck are all the trees in this country? ok, some nice forests if your prepared to queue up to get in, or pay for parking or pay the duke of shyte to go i to the grounds of his stately home, but surprisingly for such a 'green and pleasant land' there aint much cover available to us mere mortals.

If you have the time, take a look, this 'green and pleasant land' is only green because of the fields of crops etc.

Looks like i'm gonna have to go 'postal' then instead! Grrrrrrrr

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Where are all the fookin trees? on 15:51 - Jun 12 with 2765 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Isn’t it something to do with the Napoleonic wars and shipbuilding?
[Post edited 12 Jun 2021 15:57]
Where are all the fookin trees? on 16:04 - Jun 12 with 2726 viewsGloryHunter

Where are all the fookin trees? on 15:51 - Jun 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

Isn’t it something to do with the Napoleonic wars and shipbuilding?
[Post edited 12 Jun 2021 15:57]

I believe most of the timber was used not to build the ships, but to make charcoal, to make the iron, to make the guns.

Sheep farming on the cleared land, for wool, then became a big industry, meaning there was no incentive to let the forests regenerate.
Where are all the fookin trees? on 20:16 - Jun 12 with 2562 viewsNorthernr

One of the biggest weirdnesses in this country is previously quite leafy cities like Sheffield and Newcastle, often with quite liberal and or left leaning councils, have done deals with private companies like Capita to remove absolutely enormous amounts of trees from streets under some vague problem that doesn’t exist theory that they’re all dead, or stop wheelchairs getting around. Sheffield was a genuinely beautiful place to live when I was there and they’ve decimated the place, with a contract that incentivised the company to remove 80k trees rather than just those that were dead or causing a problem. Real shame.
Where are all the fookin trees? on 21:27 - Jun 12 with 2471 viewsGloryHunter

Where are all the fookin trees? on 20:16 - Jun 12 by Northernr

One of the biggest weirdnesses in this country is previously quite leafy cities like Sheffield and Newcastle, often with quite liberal and or left leaning councils, have done deals with private companies like Capita to remove absolutely enormous amounts of trees from streets under some vague problem that doesn’t exist theory that they’re all dead, or stop wheelchairs getting around. Sheffield was a genuinely beautiful place to live when I was there and they’ve decimated the place, with a contract that incentivised the company to remove 80k trees rather than just those that were dead or causing a problem. Real shame.

We've just had three little trees planted in our street in Lewisham, under a scheme called "Street Trees for Living". We had to collect the money ourselves from the neighbours, and promise to water them. It took about three years, and worked out at around £380 for each 3m high tree. If I'd have known, I would have just bought three trees from the garden centre for twenty quid each and planted them myself. (Except that some neighbours don't want trees anywhere near their houses because they are frightened of the "subsidence" clause in their buildings insurance.)
Where are all the fookin trees? on 21:46 - Jun 12 with 2449 viewsted_hendrix

Bought a new house 18 odd Months ago, we quickly had a silver birch and a magnolia tree planted in the garden (both obviously lopped at the top before being planted).
Both doing great SB about 8 metres high and the magnolia about 4 metres high and ready to flower.

Get in the garden.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Where are all the fookin trees? on 21:50 - Jun 12 with 2440 viewsAcidPixie

lets express our self in the garden Ted
Where are all the fookin trees? on 21:52 - Jun 12 with 2434 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Sheffield scenario was infamous.

Won them a Green Party mayor in Magic Majid and fcked the LP for ages.

Pure ignorance and vandalism.
Where are all the fookin trees? on 21:54 - Jun 12 with 2429 viewskomradkirk

When we moved into our house many years ago we got given about 20 native trees about a foot tall to plant by conservation volunteers . now we have a forest down the back of the garden with oaks,cherry and rowan.
i get an enormous sense of well being walking among them with the occasional wild pigeon shitting on my head.
Love living in the countryside where my nearest neighbour is a pipe band hall.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2021 21:55]
Login to get fewer ads

Where are all the fookin trees? on 21:55 - Jun 12 with 2417 viewsPhildo

Where are all the fookin trees? on 21:46 - Jun 12 by ted_hendrix

Bought a new house 18 odd Months ago, we quickly had a silver birch and a magnolia tree planted in the garden (both obviously lopped at the top before being planted).
Both doing great SB about 8 metres high and the magnolia about 4 metres high and ready to flower.

Get in the garden.

Silver birches have an incredible incredible ability to remove pollution from the air around your house - I put in ‘whips’ out the front of my place about 5 years ago which you can buy on eBay for a pound each and they are beautiful trees now
Where are all the fookin trees? on 22:00 - Jun 12 with 2397 viewsAcidPixie

PLUR x
Where are all the fookin trees? on 22:26 - Jun 12 with 2342 viewsqpr_1968

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Where are all the fookin trees? on 05:54 - Jun 13 with 2239 viewsHantsR

Last April, I was standing in my garden when my 60ft Birch tree came crashing down in front of me. It happened quickly and without warning. Incredibly, it managed the fall perfectly, narrowly missing the garage, greenhouse (with treasured grape vines), garden shed, fish pond and most importantly, me! The top 15ft was prevented from damaging a fence and neighbour's garden by coming to rest on a cupressus hedge. After a lot of hard work clearing the site, I planted a Himalayan Silver Birch, which is looking good.
Where are all the fookin trees? on 07:50 - Jun 13 with 2193 viewsstevec

Absolutely. I can only imagine the libs and lefties look at nice things and immediately think ‘you ain’t fckin avin’ that’.

Basically if you love trees, vote Tory*. Surrey the leafiest county in Britain.

*This is not to be confused with a political thread, I think we’re slowly turning Bazzas head but don’t say anything.
Where are all the fookin trees? on 07:57 - Jun 13 with 2199 viewsenfieldargh

Little scrouts in my local park have waited for the saplings to have grown before putting rope around them so that their status symbol fighting dogs can learn how to jump , bite and hang off the rope which kills off the trees.

Love dogs, hate a lot of people

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Where are all the fookin trees? on 09:04 - Jun 13 with 2130 viewsdistortR

Where are all the fookin trees? on 21:46 - Jun 12 by ted_hendrix

Get in the garden.

good man. What happened in Sheffield was a disgrace, elected representatives and all that.
I've got a council house with a small garden, but have 3 apple trees. 2 cherries and a crataegus 'paul's scarlett' in it - all managed for size and all giving me and the resident sparrows pleasure.
I spend a day a week at a house in a sheltered spot up in the hills. In it's past it's been a hotel, victorian pleasure gardens and owned by a rhododendron enthusiast, but has been neglected for 30 odd years judging by the sucker I felled from a grafted purple acer the other day. It's a dream job, hacking through brambles and saplings to see what I can find. Drive a minute further up the hill and the trees are bent double - you can see them by googling 'the old men of injebreck.

I struggle to upload photos, but managed to get one of some old buildings on the property I'm working at.
https://images.app.goo.gl/aftHbAxhcqJAbiCv8
Where are all the fookin trees? on 09:06 - Jun 13 with 2126 viewsRangersDave

if we are in such danger of bumming ourselves in the gob with this climate change thingy, i cannot for the life of me see why we still have more open land in England than forested.

As for managed forestry......WTF, just an excuse to cut trees down as the new ones will take decades to grow....besides the forests of the UK grew perfectly happily before people decided to 'manage' them.

we should be compulsory purchasing fields, and planting trees. Rich clubs should be made to spend a percentage of their wealth on doing this. no matter who the owners are and QPR should be fined for the lack of trees in England! simple.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Where are all the fookin trees? on 09:21 - Jun 13 with 2109 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Crown Estate owns 70,000 hectares of land in the UK, the vast majority could be re wilded.

The effects of re wilding:

Where are all the fookin trees? on 15:56 - Jun 13 with 1971 viewswelwynranger

If you want trees come to Welwyn Garden City. We have thousands . Each tree has a number and residents are not allowed to even trim an overhanging tree. Without permission from the council. When I bought my house I wanted to make my garden child friendly so the big tree in the middle of the garden had to go. A concerned neighbour phoned the council. Resulting in me receiving a letter from the council to explain my actions. It came to nothing bit I was really peed off and confused by the attitude of the town
Where are all the fookin trees? on 16:06 - Jun 13 with 1961 viewsBoston

Trees up the wazoo around here...and a deer in my drive this morning.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Where are all the fookin trees? on 16:52 - Jun 13 with 1903 viewsPunteR

I can report Loads of trees here in Bracknell forest.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Where are all the fookin trees? on 16:57 - Jun 13 with 1902 viewsdistortR

Where are all the fookin trees? on 15:56 - Jun 13 by welwynranger

If you want trees come to Welwyn Garden City. We have thousands . Each tree has a number and residents are not allowed to even trim an overhanging tree. Without permission from the council. When I bought my house I wanted to make my garden child friendly so the big tree in the middle of the garden had to go. A concerned neighbour phoned the council. Resulting in me receiving a letter from the council to explain my actions. It came to nothing bit I was really peed off and confused by the attitude of the town

Why? we have a blanket preservation order here on all trees over a certain girth, bar fruit trees. If you want to fell a tree you have to get a license, which is simple enough. Works well and helps stop the loss of trees without at least some forethought.
Where are all the fookin trees? on 17:02 - Jun 13 with 1901 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Where are all the fookin trees? on 15:56 - Jun 13 by welwynranger

I worked in Welwyn for a year back in 2013. A leafy and extremely pleasant place (and yes I did say that in Super Ray's voice.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Where are all the fookin trees? on 17:23 - Jun 13 with 1877 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I lost a set of golf clubs in the forrest near me.

I couldn’t see the Woods for the Trees.
Where are all the fookin trees? on 17:45 - Jun 13 with 1859 viewsBoston

Where are all the fookin trees? on 16:57 - Jun 13 by distortR

Why? we have a blanket preservation order here on all trees over a certain girth, bar fruit trees. If you want to fell a tree you have to get a license, which is simple enough. Works well and helps stop the loss of trees without at least some forethought.

8”😉 or whatever you call it in funny money?
[Post edited 13 Jun 2021 17:45]

Where are all the fookin trees? on 17:46 - Jun 13 with 1850 viewsBoston

Where are all the fookin trees? on 17:23 - Jun 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

I lost a set of golf clubs in the forrest near me.

I couldn’t see the Woods for the Trees.

Join the club.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024