Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spain - Sweden 20:19 - Jun 14 with 2460 viewsMrSheen

So, what minute will the Swedes first get possession in the Spanish half?
Spain - Sweden on 20:44 - Jun 14 with 1983 viewsenfieldargh

Even with Tika tala I’ve found watching Spain always quite tedious

Enjoyed World Cup game when chile beat them

Talking of chile Ben brereton in the chile cops America squad

Blimey Sweden almost scored!!!

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Spain - Sweden on 21:23 - Jun 14 with 1908 viewsToast_R

Hows he gone and missed that sitter?
Spain - Sweden on 21:24 - Jun 14 with 1906 viewsBklynRanger

Spain - Sweden on 20:44 - Jun 14 by enfieldargh

Even with Tika tala I’ve found watching Spain always quite tedious

Enjoyed World Cup game when chile beat them

Talking of chile Ben brereton in the chile cops America squad

Blimey Sweden almost scored!!!

Superb, yet slightly comical work in the box by that Isak kid - beat 3 people, stuck it on a sixpence. Massive fcuk up of a miss - madness.
Spain - Sweden on 21:30 - Jun 14 with 1892 viewsToast_R

I get the Spanish tika taka philosophy and that its possession stats to die for but f*ck me its dull to watch. Really hoping Sweden sucker punch them and they really bloody should have.
Spain - Sweden on 21:32 - Jun 14 with 1879 viewsNoDiddley

Spain - Sweden on 21:30 - Jun 14 by Toast_R

I get the Spanish tika taka philosophy and that its possession stats to die for but f*ck me its dull to watch. Really hoping Sweden sucker punch them and they really bloody should have.

World record 2,345,786 passes in the first half
Spain - Sweden on 21:34 - Jun 14 with 1875 viewsJuzzie

Same as Swanseola 10 years ago. Media frothed over the stats by my god it was dull to watch.
Spain - Sweden on 21:48 - Jun 14 with 1836 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Love watching Spain, love that style of football.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Spain - Sweden on 22:30 - Jun 14 with 1738 viewskensalriser

Not much cutting edge for Spain there. On that basis I'd fancy England to beat them, should we end up meeting them.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Spain - Sweden on 22:42 - Jun 14 with 1708 viewsthame_hoops

Spain - Sweden on 21:34 - Jun 14 by Juzzie

Same as Swanseola 10 years ago. Media frothed over the stats by my god it was dull to watch.

Haha I said exactly this to my dad, when we were watching the game. Just like Brendan Rodgers Swansea. Funny.
Spain - Sweden on 03:31 - Jun 15 with 1571 viewsbarbicanranger

Described by ESPN pundit over here in the USA as "death by a 1000 passes". The tiki taka is great but without goals at the end you do just think go route 1!
Spain - Sweden on 07:23 - Jun 15 with 1436 viewsCamberleyR

Spain don't have a lot of international goals in their squad. Aside from Morata with 19 the rest of the squad muster 36 between them.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Spain - Sweden on 08:19 - Jun 15 with 1382 viewsNorthernr

Two of the most unwatchable types of football.

Geoffrey Boycott five days of straight bat vs Never mind the goals feel the pass completion.
Spain - Sweden on 08:26 - Jun 15 with 1370 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I'm glad I missed it.

I've always found pinball machines really boring too.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Spain - Sweden on 08:32 - Jun 15 with 1358 viewsGloryHunter

Spain - Sweden on 08:19 - Jun 15 by Northernr

Two of the most unwatchable types of football.

Geoffrey Boycott five days of straight bat vs Never mind the goals feel the pass completion.

Second half was more interesting. Impressive how Sweden's 442 discipline wore Spain down in the end and rendered them impotent.
Spain - Sweden on 08:34 - Jun 15 with 1352 viewsBrianMcCarthy

On most nights that's a comfortable win for Spain. Forgetting possession, control and positional dominance for a second they had 17 shots, 4-5 great chances, 4 blocked shots and drew 4-5 saves. They lack a top class striker and have for a long time now and they still produced an excellent attacking display.

Naturally, football styles are a personal preference but Spain are far from boring.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Spain - Sweden on 08:52 - Jun 15 with 1332 viewsGroveR

The Spanish wide players adopted the bold strategy of attempting to decapitate the first defender, straight from the Todd Kane Big Book of Wing Play.
Spain - Sweden on 09:02 - Jun 15 with 1314 viewsLazyFan

It's like watching paddle tennis.

zzzzzzzzzz

Spain - Sweden on 09:27 - Jun 15 with 1261 viewsBklynRanger

Spain - Sweden on 08:34 - Jun 15 by BrianMcCarthy

On most nights that's a comfortable win for Spain. Forgetting possession, control and positional dominance for a second they had 17 shots, 4-5 great chances, 4 blocked shots and drew 4-5 saves. They lack a top class striker and have for a long time now and they still produced an excellent attacking display.

Naturally, football styles are a personal preference but Spain are far from boring.

Spain do get a fair bit of criticism in matches where you could at least blame both teams. I don't hear too much talk about Sweden parking the bus for most of that match.

If it had been us we'd have been doing not that dissimilar to Spain I don't think, in our own Championship-level way admittedly. Keeping the ball, looking for gaps etc

Great save from Sweden's keeper from that first half header that might have opened things up a bit if it had gone in. And I think the Swedes did play well in terms of the plan they went out with - plus that Isak kid is a raw handful, loved him. Still.
Spain - Sweden on 09:35 - Jun 15 with 1235 viewsNorthernr

Probably also worth saying that playing football in Seville in June can't be easy. I went there a couple of Junes back and after about 10am it was all I could do to talk from the pool to the bar
Spain - Sweden on 09:36 - Jun 15 with 1233 viewsMrSheen

Spain - Sweden on 09:27 - Jun 15 by BklynRanger

Spain do get a fair bit of criticism in matches where you could at least blame both teams. I don't hear too much talk about Sweden parking the bus for most of that match.

If it had been us we'd have been doing not that dissimilar to Spain I don't think, in our own Championship-level way admittedly. Keeping the ball, looking for gaps etc

Great save from Sweden's keeper from that first half header that might have opened things up a bit if it had gone in. And I think the Swedes did play well in terms of the plan they went out with - plus that Isak kid is a raw handful, loved him. Still.

He's smart too. He didn't join in the futile attempts to press the defenders in the first half. He'd know from his time in La Liga that it was unlikely to work and he'd be better saving his energy
Spain - Sweden on 09:42 - Jun 15 with 1224 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Spain - Sweden on 09:35 - Jun 15 by Northernr

Probably also worth saying that playing football in Seville in June can't be easy. I went there a couple of Junes back and after about 10am it was all I could do to talk from the pool to the bar

Second hottest city in Europe apparently with average temp of 36C in July. Nearby Cordoba is the hottest.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Spain - Sweden on 09:47 - Jun 15 with 1213 viewsBklynRanger

Yeah I love Granada in July, but more for the tapas and siestas side of things rather than the running around after Rodri and Pedri for 90 minutes sort of stuff.
Spain - Sweden on 10:06 - Jun 15 with 1171 viewsNorthernr

Spain - Sweden on 09:42 - Jun 15 by CliveWilsonSaid

Second hottest city in Europe apparently with average temp of 36C in July. Nearby Cordoba is the hottest.

Yeh went to both. Seville one of the best places I've ever been, absolutely superb place. But it was fcking hot.
Spain - Sweden on 10:13 - Jun 15 with 1150 viewsjoe90

Spain were very boring to watch and clearly lack a striker as has pointed out. Despite all the possession they only produced 4 more shots on target than Sweden AND the most memorable moment in the an otherwise forgettable game came from Isak's moment of brilliance.

The heat could have been a factor as the game lacked intensity, a complete contrast to the exciting and entertaining game we saw from Holland.
Spain - Sweden on 12:01 - Jun 15 with 1066 viewsMrSheen

Reminiscent of the Spanish teams of the 80s and 90s - hard, fast, well-organised, but seemingly jinxed in front of goal (except that 5-1 against Denmark in 1986 when they were getting humiliated for most of the first half).

Another vote for Seville as the hottest place I've ever been to, like the rush of air opening the oven door. Amazing cooling effect from the fountains of the Alcazar though, they knew their stuff.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024