Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M 02:12 - Jun 18 with 23905 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Never done one before.

Heart says 3-0 and head says ‘yeah probably’.

England win, everyone shrugs their shoulders

Scotland win (or draw), and we’ll never hear the end of it.

Scotland nothing to lose.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2021 11:30]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 14:44 - Jun 20 with 1784 viewsBazzeR

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 14:32 - Jun 20 by rsonist

Other than the Jack Grealish graph and possibly Raheem Sterling all I see is mainly sideways passing?

Is there anything else I’m missing.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 15:22 - Jun 20 with 1709 viewsfrancisbowles

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 14:20 - Jun 20 by gazza1

Wow Baz.....your expectations!!!! Is that the achievements!!!

I wont bother to pick the pieces out of those achievements because they are not really achievements!!!!.....just a bit of info basically.

I tellya......I was down the boozer last night talking to 6 or 8 blokes proper footballing type people, Chelsea supporters, Spurs, Bees, Millwall, Man City, R's fans the lot, of all ages, old like me, 50 year olds, 30, 20's the lot.......you know what the same conclusion from all of them - SOUTHGATE is the issue. Yet here there are blokes like you and lots of others think he is doing well - signing his praises (First opening win in Euros EVER - an achievement) !!! Unbelieveable.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2021 14:21]

Down the pub, everyone mouthing off, no real listening to alternative points of view, all convinced of their own opinions.

He's the professional but he must be shite and all you lot must be right!
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 16:20 - Jun 20 with 1629 viewsNortholt_Rs

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 14:29 - Jun 20 by BazzeR

Dare I say it..MW could be a perfect choice as national team manager.

….and we get Southgate? Er, no thanks.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 16:56 - Jun 20 with 1569 viewsgazza1

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 15:22 - Jun 20 by francisbowles

Down the pub, everyone mouthing off, no real listening to alternative points of view, all convinced of their own opinions.

He's the professional but he must be shite and all you lot must be right!

You talk for your own pub/mates......good discussion with a few beers.

Oh, Southgate is the professional so he must be right!!!!
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 17:22 - Jun 20 with 1510 viewspaulparker

The next game will show southgates true intentions, we smashed them in the qualifying , I would go
Pickford
Chilwell
Maguire
Stones
Walker
Grealish
Rice
Mount
Rashford
Kane
Sancho

But I can’t see him doing this , instead we will see more of the of the last two games

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 17:27 - Jun 20 with 1516 viewsPinnerPaul

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 10:27 - Jun 20 by daveB

If Englandf finish 2nd they play the winners of the French group in the quarter finals so no point trying to avoid them. Last world cup was different as finishing 2nd was a much easier route to the final due to Argentina and Spain struggling. This tournament any route you take to the final is tough.

Would personally think playing one of these top nations at home is our best chance of beating them so we should try and win the group and play ourselves into some form

Who was that clever bloke who said he hated all the 'hype' around England before the tournament started?
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 17:45 - Jun 20 with 1481 viewsBazzeR

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 14:32 - Jun 20 by rsonist

Looking at those maps again Rsonist it’s clear that both James and Shaw were both responsible for making the most passes.
I’m not familiar with looking at these types of maps but would these sort of stats from W/Backs be the norm.
From my limited point of view I would imagine a M/F player would generally see more of the ball than anybody else.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 19:24 - Jun 20 with 1375 viewsdaveB

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 13:36 - Jun 20 by gazza1

There are far too many and there are many as well.....what has Southgate actually achieved???

In saying that, because I have full confidence in the squad that can match any of the other teams, I think if Southgate picks the right team and a good attacking system then we can go very well in this competition.

Play the same players & system that limits our attacking options then we may get through to the next round. (taking off Harry Kane & replacing him with Rashford - like for like!!! We needed to change our style of play ffs)

He's been in 2 tournaments for England and got to the semi final both times.

Think it's easy to want him sacked, I don't know how this tournament will go but I don't see many/any good English candidates for the job. We could go foreign again but that failed pretty badly last time.

England have a very good squad of players but I don't think we have a good team yet, getting the balance right with these players is a massive challenge and good players are going to have to be left out.
Login to get fewer ads

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 19:26 - Jun 20 with 1370 viewsdaveB

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 17:22 - Jun 20 by paulparker

The next game will show southgates true intentions, we smashed them in the qualifying , I would go
Pickford
Chilwell
Maguire
Stones
Walker
Grealish
Rice
Mount
Rashford
Kane
Sancho

But I can’t see him doing this , instead we will see more of the of the last two games

They also beat us in Qualifying
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 19:35 - Jun 20 with 1347 viewstraininvain

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 17:22 - Jun 20 by paulparker

Pickford
Chilwell
Maguire
Stones
Walker
Grealish
Rice
Mount
Rashford
Kane
Sancho

I’d have Foden and Bellingham as two of the first names on the team sheet. Just goes to show how difficult it is to choose our best 11.

I doubt many of us could easily agree on who should be starting on Tuesday and I’m not sure that’s a good thing.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 20:28 - Jun 20 with 1268 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Seems like we can’t agree on our best XI.....
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 08:01 - Jun 21 with 1088 viewsTheChef

I'm a bit late on the thread, but if Stones had put away that free header on 15 minutes then I think we go on to win the game comfortably.

Disappointing as much of the game was, we still have four points and pretty much odds on to qualify for the second round.

From then on, if you want to win the tournament then you have to beat the best sides so trying to plot the best course, while fun, ultimately doesn't count for much in the end because you'll have to play some one decent at some point.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 09:32 - Jun 21 with 1017 viewsAntti_Heinola

Worth remembering:

1966 - England poor in opening game.
1990 - England fairly poor until the semi final
1996 - England poor in opening game

2016 - Portugal God awful in the group. Don't even win a game, fluke their way into the knockouts and draw every game except for the semi to win it (winning aet or on pens every time) - their secret? Defensively sound.

Maybe we're wrong and Southgate is playing the long game?

(probably not).

Bare bones.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 10:01 - Jun 21 with 977 viewsdaveB

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 09:32 - Jun 21 by Antti_Heinola

Worth remembering:

1966 - England poor in opening game.
1990 - England fairly poor until the semi final
1996 - England poor in opening game

2016 - Portugal God awful in the group. Don't even win a game, fluke their way into the knockouts and draw every game except for the semi to win it (winning aet or on pens every time) - their secret? Defensively sound.

Maybe we're wrong and Southgate is playing the long game?

(probably not).

best team so far by miles has been Italy but doubt they will actually win it.
England don't look great but not awful either.

Before it started I thought France or Portugal would win it but both have shown flaws already so very difficult to pick a winner at this stage.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 10:10 - Jun 21 with 952 viewsTheChef

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 10:01 - Jun 21 by daveB

Before it started I thought France or Portugal would win it but both have shown flaws already so very difficult to pick a winner at this stage.

Yeah good points Antti - marathon not a sprint etc.

Italy haven't played anyone decent yet, they look fairly infallible at the moment but then who knows?

In the end it's tournament football and you always need a little luck along the way, no matter how well you play (or not).

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 10:34 - Jun 21 with 907 viewswood_hoop

I picked the Italians from the start, good group games so far and Round 16 Ukraine or Austria, so on paper should go through.

England team a strange lot, have some good senior and younger players but for whatever reason Southgate cannot get them really rolling in a way that lifts the confidence, I understand that qualifying for the next round would be top of the list, but doing it with a bit of style wouldn' be such a bad thing.

Southgate has already said Kane will start, hope he picks players who will at least make opportunitys for him to shine.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 10:39 - Jun 21 with 897 viewsMaggsinho

Billy Gilmour has just tested positive for Covid, so needs to self isolate for 10 days.

Obviously a blow for him personally and for Scotland - must be a few worried England players this morning too.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 10:43 - Jun 21 with 878 viewsdaveB

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 10:39 - Jun 21 by Maggsinho

Billy Gilmour has just tested positive for Covid, so needs to self isolate for 10 days.

Obviously a blow for him personally and for Scotland - must be a few worried England players this morning too.

blimey that may well affect England as well.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 10:44 - Jun 21 with 873 viewsrobith

Not saying Italy can't win it, but will be interesting to see how their pressing game fares when they don't play teams who completely cede possession and let them play freely around the edges of their box
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 10:47 - Jun 21 with 856 viewsdaveB

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 10:44 - Jun 21 by robith

Not saying Italy can't win it, but will be interesting to see how their pressing game fares when they don't play teams who completely cede possession and let them play freely around the edges of their box

yeah I think I'm right in saying they are likely to play Belgium in the quarter finals which will be a big test for them. They look like they did in 2016, really exciting to watch but hard to judge given the group they had which was poor.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 10:48 - Jun 21 with 853 viewsTheChef

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 10:34 - Jun 21 by wood_hoop

I picked the Italians from the start, good group games so far and Round 16 Ukraine or Austria, so on paper should go through.

England team a strange lot, have some good senior and younger players but for whatever reason Southgate cannot get them really rolling in a way that lifts the confidence, I understand that qualifying for the next round would be top of the list, but doing it with a bit of style wouldn' be such a bad thing.

Southgate has already said Kane will start, hope he picks players who will at least make opportunitys for him to shine.

One thing I noted is a bit of lack of continuity between this tournament and the 2018 World Cup.

I need to check but I'm fairly sure the team from Friday night was quite different from the one that played in the World Cup semi-final.

I appreciate Southgate wants to select based on form but there is, at least in tournament football, a point where experience plays a part too. Or are we just building that up for the World Cup next year?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 10:50 - Jun 21 with 849 viewsrobith

Can you catch covid through fabric?

Just as Mount might be sweating given he was in Gilmour's pocket all night on Friday
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 11:10 - Jun 21 with 813 viewslondonscottish

Great just great.

WTF do Scotland have to do do get through the 1st round of a tournament??

That has really pissed on my parade.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 11:12 - Jun 21 with 811 viewswillis1980

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 14:01 - Jun 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

‘What has Southgate actually achieved?’

- First semi in 22 years
- First WC Semi in 27 years
- Promotion of Youth WC and Euro Winners into England set up.
- First opening win in Euros EVER
- 100% automatic qualification record
- 2nd best win record of any post war England manager (62%)
[Post edited 20 Jun 2021 14:38]

Second only England Manager to be succesful in a penalty shootout (technically twice)
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 11:12 - Jun 21 with 811 viewsdaveB

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 10:48 - Jun 21 by TheChef

One thing I noted is a bit of lack of continuity between this tournament and the 2018 World Cup.

I need to check but I'm fairly sure the team from Friday night was quite different from the one that played in the World Cup semi-final.

I appreciate Southgate wants to select based on form but there is, at least in tournament football, a point where experience plays a part too. Or are we just building that up for the World Cup next year?

I think had it been played last summer the squad would have been a bit more like the 2018 one. I doubt James, Foden, Shaw, White, Bellingham, Calvert Lewin, Phillips and Grealish would have been in it for starters.

I do think we have a better chance in the next World Cup as this team will be pretty much the same and will learnt a lot from this tournament.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024