Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M 02:12 - Jun 18 with 23873 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Never done one before.

Heart says 3-0 and head says ‘yeah probably’.

England win, everyone shrugs their shoulders

Scotland win (or draw), and we’ll never hear the end of it.

Scotland nothing to lose.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2021 11:30]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 22:18 - Jun 18 with 1856 viewsjoolsyp

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 22:03 - Jun 18 by NorthLondonR

I thought Dykes was excellent tonight, really caused our defenders problems. Completely showed Kane up tonight, with movement, strength and industry.

Totally agree, that was a really solid performance from Lyndon, worked his arse off and Mings and Stones will know they've been in a game. More games of that quality and he is bound to improve. Would love him to score against the Croatians!
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 22:19 - Jun 18 with 1848 viewsRs_Holy

Just when you thought it was safe to start watching England again… truly terrible performance. Well done Scotland tho!
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 22:20 - Jun 18 with 1817 viewsStanisgod

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 21:55 - Jun 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

Agree with all of that, except I’m not sure how it’s Southgate’s fault.

Is he not the manager then.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 22:23 - Jun 18 with 1788 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 22:12 - Jun 18 by QPR_John

Cannot see your point. Southgate picks the squad, he picks the team, he makes the substitutions. If it’s not his fault whose fault is it.

In this case I think the fault lies with Kane and Sterling who I thought were turgid.

Think you’d be waiting a long time before finding a manger who wouldn’t take or pick them.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2021 22:24]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 22:24 - Jun 18 with 1756 viewsMrSheen

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 22:03 - Jun 18 by Clive_Anderson

Usual story from England, look good for the first 20 minutes and then run out of ideas. By the end there was no movement and no one wanted the ball.

Grealish looked a cut above everyone else when he came on, got to start the next game.

I’m not sure he was that good. Mount and Foden were our best, taking the latter off was crackers. Southgate is too tied to single systems - I picked two defensive midfielders last game so I’m doing it again, regardless of who we are playing - only slotting different figures into the same model. Dump the two holding players, Calvert-Lewin for Kane. I’d keep Sterling ahead of Grealish, but have Sancho in the front three, with DCL. Mount, Foden and Rice in midfield.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2021 22:25]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 22:26 - Jun 18 with 1725 viewsPhildo

England at Wembley two holding midfielders against Scotland does not look ambitious in retrospect
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 22:26 - Jun 18 with 1722 viewsMalintabuk

Actually found a local lad here with some sense. He just about summed it up with that was the best performance from a Scottish team in years because one it was against England and two we just could not get beat and died literally for a result
He felt England was strolling basically because that was all that we needed to do and avoid a defeat and injuries
Think we all just want to beat Scotland nearly as much as Scotland just want to beat England
Won't judge us on that or even the Czech game as again all we need to do is avoid a defeat
For us now it starts really in the knockout stages and that is when I hope we get it right
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 22:30 - Jun 18 with 1671 viewsJamesB1979

Really not sure how Mount played the entire match…..and then Foden comes off. Some baffling decisions.
Login to get fewer ads

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 22:34 - Jun 18 with 1620 viewsjoe90

Problem with Foden was he wasn't impacting the game and looked lightweight. That said he did have that chance early on where he took that amazing touch and nearly scored a Gaza esq goal...but we lost all intensity shortly after. Bringing Grealish on was the logical thing to do but for whatever reason we stuck exactly the same style of play which made the substation pointless.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 22:35 - Jun 18 with 1593 viewsstevec

Everyone wants to pass, no one wants to run. Was the same v Croatia apart from Sterling’s goal.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 22:40 - Jun 18 with 1560 viewstraininvain

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 22:34 - Jun 18 by joe90

Problem with Foden was he wasn't impacting the game and looked lightweight. That said he did have that chance early on where he took that amazing touch and nearly scored a Gaza esq goal...but we lost all intensity shortly after. Bringing Grealish on was the logical thing to do but for whatever reason we stuck exactly the same style of play which made the substation pointless.

Foden looked our most threatening player going forward and presses hard. We looked poor once he went off tonight.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 22:44 - Jun 18 with 1515 viewsT_Block

Dykes worth another million after this tournament.Cliche of ' limited but a handful ' will be heard until Scots go home.
Should have kept the barnet though
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 22:44 - Jun 18 with 1511 viewsjeffranger

F in awful performance, no creativity, no urgency, very negative
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 22:59 - Jun 18 with 1420 viewsGloryHunter

Grealish should have replaced Sterling, not Foden. Kane looks shot - ankle injured, fatigued, head in the wrong place through looking for a move from Spurs.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 23:07 - Jun 18 with 1372 viewsDiscodroids

Not too pissed off. We didn't lose. A byran Robson/ David Platt type wouldn't go amiss in this england team, but there you go. Game On.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2021 23:08]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 23:07 - Jun 18 with 1377 viewsAntti_Heinola

Full backs were both dire tonight and the front 4, Foden apart, were dreadful, Sterling and Kane in particular. At least Sterling was involved. Kane doesn't look like he knows what's going on or where he's supposed to be. Scotland had a plan, played it perfectly, we didn't. We're a million miles off the best teams in this tournament, sadly.

Well played Lyndon though!

Bare bones.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 23:08 - Jun 18 with 1374 viewsJamesB1979

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 22:59 - Jun 18 by GloryHunter

Grealish should have replaced Sterling, not Foden. Kane looks shot - ankle injured, fatigued, head in the wrong place through looking for a move from Spurs.

I don’t think there’s anyone (good) who can play in his role though. Rashford is better out wide.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 23:09 - Jun 18 with 1365 viewspaulparker

Grealish is not and never will be an impact sub, he needs to start , he is the sort of player who grows into a game on 60 minutes
Sterling bottles any physical contact and should be dropped
Being a betting man sluggate will go 3-5-2 in the next game and ground out a 1-0 win then we get taught a lesson in the next round
If only venables was 15 years younger , with him and this group of players we could go places

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 23:13 - Jun 18 with 1349 viewsgazza1

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 23:07 - Jun 18 by Antti_Heinola

Full backs were both dire tonight and the front 4, Foden apart, were dreadful, Sterling and Kane in particular. At least Sterling was involved. Kane doesn't look like he knows what's going on or where he's supposed to be. Scotland had a plan, played it perfectly, we didn't. We're a million miles off the best teams in this tournament, sadly.

Well played Lyndon though!

Tell me why 'well played Lyndon'??

I expect zero reply from the poster............
[Post edited 18 Jun 2021 23:19]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 23:18 - Jun 18 with 1315 viewsgazza1

Sadly the Manager has not got a clue.....don't forget that we played against one of the worst teams in this competition but still he is cautious. We, once again, left out the most talented players from the starting line up. Our tactics were so far from being attacking, rather keep the ball and go backwards and slow builds.

Utterly shocking performance form team that has so much talent.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 23:23 - Jun 18 with 1290 viewsrrrspricey

Grealish, who was completely ineffectual after coming on btw, should've replaced wànkstain Phillips. Absolutely no reason, other than a lack of ambition, to have Phillips and Rice in the starting line-up.

Was prepared to give England one more chance to wow me into feeling like I did about them last century but no, just a bunch of prima donnas who I mostly dislike individually so fùck em, I literally couldn't care less anymore.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 23:24 - Jun 18 with 1287 viewsgazza1

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 21:55 - Jun 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

Agree with all of that, except I’m not sure how it’s Southgate’s fault.

Southgate picked the team and the tactics...that is his fault.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 23:26 - Jun 18 with 1272 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 23:24 - Jun 18 by gazza1

Southgate picked the team and the tactics...that is his fault.

I don’t think Tactics were the issue. I think our attitude was.

That match reminded me of Iceland and the fear and paralysis that went with it.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2021 23:27]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 23:27 - Jun 18 with 1254 viewsgazza1

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 23:26 - Jun 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

I don’t think Tactics were the issue. I think our attitude was.

That match reminded me of Iceland and the fear and paralysis that went with it.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2021 23:27]

Why??

& who??
[Post edited 18 Jun 2021 23:28]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 23:33 - Jun 18 with 1227 viewsNorthernr

I come back to my earlier point about Southgate, which is the point I made about Warburton in December....

So you’ve sacked him. Great. What next?

Who’s next? You don’t like this, you don’t like that, you want more Grealish and Sancho, you want less Mount and whoever, you want less caution and more carefree (2 games of tournament football, no defeats, no goals conceded, 4 points but ok we’re apparently so much better than this because Geoff Hurst and that) but... who else? Who next?

If QPR had sacked Warbs in December it would have been Sherwood, Pearson... If England shift Southgate, who, v realistically, do you get? Who? Who would you want v who would take it?

Because that bookies list of favourites is going to probably be led by Eddie Howe, Sean Dyche, Dean Smith, Stevie G, Frank Lampard. Chris Wilder is going to be a legitimate 20/1 bet.

England is a lot like QPR. In the 10% of the time we’re not talking about how fcking awful everything is, we’re lathering ourselves up into a big soapy IT’S COMING HOME bubble bath, and then at the slightest hint of not being good enough to meet those nonsense expectations it’s time for a bloodlet. The whole thing, QPR and England is like binge watching ER. Little moments of positivity blown out of all proportion, immediately dragged back into far greater pits of despair than is really the case, exacerbated by the initial hype and hope.

We’re playing tournament football, we’re unbeaten, we haven’t conceded, we’re out of the group. The job is done thus far. If they flop then fair enough, questions to be answered. But the main question of those is - who next? Who? And why would they do better? Bet Spurs wish they’d stuck with Poch through his tricky spell.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024