Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M 02:12 - Jun 18 with 23902 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Never done one before.

Heart says 3-0 and head says ‘yeah probably’.

England win, everyone shrugs their shoulders

Scotland win (or draw), and we’ll never hear the end of it.

Scotland nothing to lose.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2021 11:30]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 23:34 - Jun 18 with 2089 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 23:27 - Jun 18 by gazza1

Why??

& who??
[Post edited 18 Jun 2021 23:28]

Why: Lack of confidence maybe? Usual media hype? Lack of an early goal to settle the game? The most intense performance from anyone I’ve ever seen against England in my lifetime?

Who: Sterling and Kane mostly.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2021 23:40]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 23:41 - Jun 18 with 2036 viewsMatch82

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 21:55 - Jun 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

Agree with all of that, except I’m not sure how it’s Southgate’s fault.

I like Southgate but this wasn't the players failing to execute. We weren't set up to break them down and really did nothing to change it until far too late
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 23:56 - Jun 18 with 1981 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 23:41 - Jun 18 by Match82

I like Southgate but this wasn't the players failing to execute. We weren't set up to break them down and really did nothing to change it until far too late

League winners Foden and Sterling were more than capable of un picking that defence in my opinion.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 00:06 - Jun 19 with 1944 viewsMrSheen

I think a sense of perspective is needed here. England have four points, Scotland have one. Billy Gilmour is not N’Golo Kante.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 00:12 - Jun 19 with 1931 viewsaston_hoop

This is all a bit like when the Scottish cricket team beat us in an ODI a few years ago, we may have gone on to win the World Cup after that, but they won that day. Scottish friends never let me forget that and they don't even like cricket. This England team will also go on to success I think.

Apart from Scotland didn't win and we have 4 points and they have 1.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 00:30 - Jun 19 with 1876 viewskensalriser

Is this shaping up for England to get beaten on penalties after 0-0 v Spain in the next round?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 00:47 - Jun 19 with 1844 viewsjohncharles

QPR and Scotland have. Lot in common as well. Both have greatly improved with the addition of Dykes.

Strong and stable my arse.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 01:49 - Jun 19 with 1759 viewsozexile

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 22:30 - Jun 18 by JamesB1979

Really not sure how Mount played the entire match…..and then Foden comes off. Some baffling decisions.

It's not cause he's Chelsea I genuinely didn't know Mount was out there and I watched 70 mins.
Login to get fewer ads

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 01:50 - Jun 19 with 1759 viewsozexile

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 22:35 - Jun 18 by stevec

Everyone wants to pass, no one wants to run. Was the same v Croatia apart from Sterling’s goal.

Absolutely this.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 03:17 - Jun 19 with 1713 viewsCLAREMAN1995

England were willing to settle for a point and try for second in the group to avoid France/Germany or Portugal in the next round.The runner up plays the winner of an easier group and thats why England were so poor IMO.
Its easier play club football with 11 internationals week after week than play with the national team a few times a year so teams look disjointed but Harry Kane is defiantly hurting and without a better supply he wont score at all.
Dykes and Adams gave the England backline fits now picture the French strikers attacking them it is worrying for my Semi final pick
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 04:52 - Jun 19 with 1687 viewsozexile

Tbh the team looks completely weighed down with instructions and orders. I'd rather Mike Bassett do it and just tell them to go out and enjoy themselves than watch another performance like that.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 07:01 - Jun 19 with 1589 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I thought Mount won his battle with Gilmour, who looked promising himself.

England lacked tempo and abandon, but the draw is far better for them than it is for Scotland.

Thought Dykes did ok, 7/10, but no more than that. Apart from the hook-shot that might have been going wide or might not, he was never a goal threat and his reading of crosses needs continued work, as we know.

Overall, a poor game, but it's a tournament not a knock-out. Life goes on for both teams.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 07:05 - Jun 19 with 1583 viewsdenhamhoop2

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 23:56 - Jun 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

League winners Foden and Sterling were more than capable of un picking that defence in my opinion.

hmm no De Bruyne to help them with his pre assist pass and even more so a centre forward who looks as mobile and fit as Bobby Zamora after 45 minutes maybe he's got Hepatitis like Lineker did at Euro 88 would explain a lot would help if Rodri/Fernandinho and Gundogan were playing for England instead of Rice and Phillips
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 07:10 - Jun 19 with 1569 viewstraininvain

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 07:01 - Jun 19 by BrianMcCarthy

I thought Mount won his battle with Gilmour, who looked promising himself.

England lacked tempo and abandon, but the draw is far better for them than it is for Scotland.

Thought Dykes did ok, 7/10, but no more than that. Apart from the hook-shot that might have been going wide or might not, he was never a goal threat and his reading of crosses needs continued work, as we know.

Overall, a poor game, but it's a tournament not a knock-out. Life goes on for both teams.

Agreed. I think some of the reaction from England fans is a bit over the top. It was always going to be a tough game against a fired up Scotland. A draw isn’t the end of the world.

A couple of potential silver linings for England 1) Southgate now has a reason to shuffle the pack and start Grealish and Bellingham on Tuesday and 2) England might finish 2nd and avoid France, Germany or Portugal.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 07:51 - Jun 19 with 1484 viewsPhildo

I wondered if England should have done a mini QPR and changed to a back three with wing backs pushing on once it was clear the shape was not working
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 07:58 - Jun 19 with 1474 viewsQPR_John

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 22:23 - Jun 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

In this case I think the fault lies with Kane and Sterling who I thought were turgid.

Think you’d be waiting a long time before finding a manger who wouldn’t take or pick them.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2021 22:24]

“ Think you’d be waiting a long time before finding a manger who wouldn’t take or pick them.”

And is that not the biggest problem. Players continually picked on reputation and/or who they play for.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 08:35 - Jun 19 with 1371 viewsgazza1

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 23:33 - Jun 18 by Northernr

I come back to my earlier point about Southgate, which is the point I made about Warburton in December....

So you’ve sacked him. Great. What next?

Who’s next? You don’t like this, you don’t like that, you want more Grealish and Sancho, you want less Mount and whoever, you want less caution and more carefree (2 games of tournament football, no defeats, no goals conceded, 4 points but ok we’re apparently so much better than this because Geoff Hurst and that) but... who else? Who next?

If QPR had sacked Warbs in December it would have been Sherwood, Pearson... If England shift Southgate, who, v realistically, do you get? Who? Who would you want v who would take it?

Because that bookies list of favourites is going to probably be led by Eddie Howe, Sean Dyche, Dean Smith, Stevie G, Frank Lampard. Chris Wilder is going to be a legitimate 20/1 bet.

England is a lot like QPR. In the 10% of the time we’re not talking about how fcking awful everything is, we’re lathering ourselves up into a big soapy IT’S COMING HOME bubble bath, and then at the slightest hint of not being good enough to meet those nonsense expectations it’s time for a bloodlet. The whole thing, QPR and England is like binge watching ER. Little moments of positivity blown out of all proportion, immediately dragged back into far greater pits of despair than is really the case, exacerbated by the initial hype and hope.

We’re playing tournament football, we’re unbeaten, we haven’t conceded, we’re out of the group. The job is done thus far. If they flop then fair enough, questions to be answered. But the main question of those is - who next? Who? And why would they do better? Bet Spurs wish they’d stuck with Poch through his tricky spell.

I never wanted MW to be moved out - fact......I was always thought that we were better than our league position suggested and I thought that he was getting the best out of the players. For a variety of reasons, when we signed a couple of players, we got up the league table and probably should of got into the play-offs but we didnt and I am not complaining. I look forward to next season.

My opinions of Southgate are entirely different and whilst many go on how well we did in the world cup under Southgate I don't see it that way. We should have been in the final, we were very fortunate/lucky to get to the semi-final and then 'blew' our chance against Croatia.

Moving on to these championships ...... I believe that we have a real chance of glory with the players that we have. We have limitations but overall we are a real force and a team that most other countries would not want to play against providing Southgate get his team and tactics right. Sadly the first two matches he has failed and once again we have scrapped results against two pretty average teams indeed.

Specifically, how can you leave Grealish out of the team?? Why are we playing so afraid and cautious??? We need to get our wide players up the park, we need to get our attacking players on the ball, we need to move the ball much quicker, we need to give one of the best forwards (Kane) the ball more in advanced situations. We need to put the opposition under more pressure and not let them knock it around like Brazil used to.

In saying that, if Southgate gets his act in order I still believe that we have a chance to do very well in the Euro's....we really do have a decent team to do it.

A draw against a poor, poor Scotland team is just not good enough and anyone who thinks it is has very low expectations.

PS - I'd have many of those names ahead of Southgate....they certainly would not do any worse.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 08:48 - Jun 19 with 1336 viewsbosh67

Not sure why everyone is so upset. Scotland aren't that bad. We weren't very good. We are okay overall. Could well make a semi final again. Let's face it Italy and France, possibly Belgium are all on a different planet.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 08:51 - Jun 19 with 1325 viewsgazza1

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 08:48 - Jun 19 by bosh67

Not sure why everyone is so upset. Scotland aren't that bad. We weren't very good. We are okay overall. Could well make a semi final again. Let's face it Italy and France, possibly Belgium are all on a different planet.

Very low expectations indeed....just look at the players the Southgate has to select from and compare them with the 'jocks', example....CF = Dykes!!!!
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 09:07 - Jun 19 with 1263 viewsderbyhoop

After the first 20 mins, England were incredibly flat and lethargic. Lacked intensity and the balance was wrong. Don't think we needed 2 holding midfielders against Scotland.
Can't think of a single England player who played well.

Suspect we are no better than a QF team.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 09:19 - Jun 19 with 1230 viewsgazza1

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 09:07 - Jun 19 by derbyhoop

After the first 20 mins, England were incredibly flat and lethargic. Lacked intensity and the balance was wrong. Don't think we needed 2 holding midfielders against Scotland.

I agree Derby......how wrong to play two holding and leave Grealish out of the starting 11 against possibly the worst team in the tournament!!!

Get it right and we could do even better.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 09:25 - Jun 19 with 1207 viewsjoe90

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 22:40 - Jun 18 by traininvain

Foden looked our most threatening player going forward and presses hard. We looked poor once he went off tonight.

On reflection that may well be true, but he still wasn't having an impact. That said, he can't be blamed for our poor performance and I think Southgate was right to switch it up. For reasons I don't know it just wasn't working for us last night.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 09:28 - Jun 19 with 1188 viewshantssi

This!
Said to my son during the game that France, Germany or Portugal will be shaking in their boots if they have to face us in the next round!
We’ve definitely got players better than we saw last night if they’re just allowed to go out and play.
Final observation, why not Trippier a La Liga winner or Chilwell a Champions League winner?
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 09:29 - Jun 19 with 1187 viewsJuzzie

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 08:51 - Jun 19 by gazza1

Very low expectations indeed....just look at the players the Southgate has to select from and compare them with the 'jocks', example....CF = Dykes!!!!

Your expectations are incredibly high which means you’re never going to be satisfied.
We’ve all been following football long enough to know theory and actuality don’t combine.

Yes, in theory, we should have walked it last night. Chelsea should, in theory, have walked it when we beat them 1-0 at theirs. Neither expected results happened. That’s why football is great.
If every expected result happened it would be rather boring IMO.

We have to accept it when it doesn’t go our way just as much as we enjoy it when it does.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 09:30 - Jun 19 with 1185 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I thought our MOM was probably Pickford which says a lot. We did create a few chances in the opening 20 mins and when they didn’t work out you just had the feeling it wasn’t going to be our night. After that there was no imagination at all and Scotland well deserved the draw at least.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024