Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M 02:12 - Jun 18 with 23903 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Never done one before.

Heart says 3-0 and head says ‘yeah probably’.

England win, everyone shrugs their shoulders

Scotland win (or draw), and we’ll never hear the end of it.

Scotland nothing to lose.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2021 11:30]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 09:54 - Jun 19 with 1736 viewsTW_R

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 08:51 - Jun 19 by gazza1

Very low expectations indeed....just look at the players the Southgate has to select from and compare them with the 'jocks', example....CF = Dykes!!!!

I think it’s the other way round. Your expectations are far too high. This is the youngest squad England have ever had in any tournament. James, Foden, Grealish, Phillips, Shaw, Rice, Mings, Mount - most of them barely make double figures in caps. If you believe you can just pull an inexperienced squad together and stroll through a tournament like this you’re deluded. There are far better teams than us. France, Belgium and Italy for starters. If we get to the semis we will have done well. If we win it, Southgate should be knighted.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2021 11:37]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 10:00 - Jun 19 with 1698 viewspaulparker

Southgate is over complicating things and is starting to become the problem
We had zero pace in that side yesterday, his subs were awful and is relying on out of form favourites like Rashford & Sterling
That game was crying out for chilwell & Walker as over lapping full backs , why didn’t he bring on sancho , why wasnt saka on the bench ? Both of those players would have scared the Scots to death
He could and should of put Lingaard in that squad but went with another defender who is never going to play
I thought Southgate let us play with a freedom in 2018 but has turned into Roy Hodgson over the last 18 months, hopefully this will be his last tournament as England Manager

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 10:02 - Jun 19 with 1700 viewsPinnerPaul

Don't expect a thriller in the next match - both Czechs and England virtually qualified and a draw 100% guarantees that - lump on the stalemate, with maybe a cheeky side bet on low goals.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 10:03 - Jun 19 with 1698 viewsthemodfather

i wanted an england win, a draw was not a disaster and we are unbeaten in group, yet to concede and have 4pts banked. our last game is not now all panic and must win.
a biased pro scots media bigged them up, did they really trouble us? one good save by pickford, but we hit a post have 2 soft pen claims and a few other moments. not a classic, i rarely heard the english ? as i live in central london i had to endure sirens late into the night, scots singing and now they rule the world, streets of litter, pi55 and vomit. also some sweaty tried to rip down my england flag outside my house, no they are not on my like list! oh, the kh-unts who did it, ran off sharpish, not sure if it was me or the cricket bat!!
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 10:06 - Jun 19 with 1693 viewsRangersw12

England got the job done and can now move on

As for Scotland I'm sure they will have an open bus parade celebrating that result but let's hope its another 25 years till their dull talentless football team grace a tournament again no wonder their piss soaked fans get so out of their tree having to watch that
[Post edited 19 Jun 2021 10:08]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 10:11 - Jun 19 with 1666 viewsNortholt_Rs

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 22:40 - Jun 18 by traininvain

Foden looked our most threatening player going forward and presses hard. We looked poor once he went off tonight.

Poorer. We looked poor all night but worse when Foden went off. Two defensive CMs v Scotland at Wembley…. Awful from big nose.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 10:20 - Jun 19 with 1626 viewsBazzeR

I would agree with the comment Southgate does not know his best team and the 2 holding players are too similar.

When the players were stood in the tunnel before the game it was noticeable that all the squad players gave Kane a high five except Henderson who looked angry and frustrated.

England are missing two big leaders in the team in Maguire and Henderson.

Mount and Henderson should offer more in an attacking sense
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 10:24 - Jun 19 with 1606 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 10:20 - Jun 19 by BazzeR

I would agree with the comment Southgate does not know his best team and the 2 holding players are too similar.

When the players were stood in the tunnel before the game it was noticeable that all the squad players gave Kane a high five except Henderson who looked angry and frustrated.

Yeh I noticed that in the tunnel too. Not just Henderson, the whole team looked tense.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Login to get fewer ads

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 10:26 - Jun 19 with 1592 viewstraininvain

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 10:20 - Jun 19 by BazzeR

I’m surprised more people aren’t calling for Bellingham to start the next game. I’d have him in the team ahead of a half fit Henderson and give Phillips or Rice a break vs the Czechs.

Bellingham’s a genuine box to box midfielder and looks one of our best players despite his age.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 10:35 - Jun 19 with 1558 viewsJamesB1979

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 23:33 - Jun 18 by Northernr

I come back to my earlier point about Southgate, which is the point I made about Warburton in December....

So you’ve sacked him. Great. What next?

Who’s next? You don’t like this, you don’t like that, you want more Grealish and Sancho, you want less Mount and whoever, you want less caution and more carefree (2 games of tournament football, no defeats, no goals conceded, 4 points but ok we’re apparently so much better than this because Geoff Hurst and that) but... who else? Who next?

If QPR had sacked Warbs in December it would have been Sherwood, Pearson... If England shift Southgate, who, v realistically, do you get? Who? Who would you want v who would take it?

Because that bookies list of favourites is going to probably be led by Eddie Howe, Sean Dyche, Dean Smith, Stevie G, Frank Lampard. Chris Wilder is going to be a legitimate 20/1 bet.

England is a lot like QPR. In the 10% of the time we’re not talking about how fcking awful everything is, we’re lathering ourselves up into a big soapy IT’S COMING HOME bubble bath, and then at the slightest hint of not being good enough to meet those nonsense expectations it’s time for a bloodlet. The whole thing, QPR and England is like binge watching ER. Little moments of positivity blown out of all proportion, immediately dragged back into far greater pits of despair than is really the case, exacerbated by the initial hype and hope.

We’re playing tournament football, we’re unbeaten, we haven’t conceded, we’re out of the group. The job is done thus far. If they flop then fair enough, questions to be answered. But the main question of those is - who next? Who? And why would they do better? Bet Spurs wish they’d stuck with Poch through his tricky spell.

You’re right of course. And in cold light of day, it all seems pretty “ok” and a case of job done. I would only disagree on comparison to Warburton. Warbs with resources at his disposal was at a disadvantage to most in the championship last season (especially the 1st half). Southgate on the other hand, has probably more resources at his disposal than all except Deschamps. Yet we were 2nd best against 3rd lowest ranked team in the tournament.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 10:57 - Jun 19 with 1476 viewsLazyFan

Mount is useless and a waste of space. Should be replaced by Grealish.

Kane needs another forward alongside him to draw the defenders away. Either Lewis or Rashford.

So, I would go back to the fullbacks of the first game (although Shaw was okay), swap Mount out for Grealish and swap out Rice for Rashford. Going for a 4-4-2, with Sterling and Foden on the wings. looking to stretch teams to create space for Kane.

But Mount does nothing and needs to go. Yet Southgate never drops him.

zzzzzzzzzz

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 11:06 - Jun 19 with 1456 viewsNortholt_Rs

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 10:57 - Jun 19 by LazyFan

Kane needs another forward alongside him to draw the defenders away. Either Lewis or Rashford.

So, I would go back to the fullbacks of the first game (although Shaw was okay), swap Mount out for Grealish and swap out Rice for Rashford. Going for a 4-4-2, with Sterling and Foden on the wings. looking to stretch teams to create space for Kane.

4 4 f ucking 2

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 11:07 - Jun 19 with 1451 viewsdaveB

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 10:57 - Jun 19 by LazyFan

disagree on Mount, didn't play well last night but he's a very good player and would have him in every game.

England didn't play well last night, thought the occasion got to them a bit and the big worry was how quickly they lost belief in the second half. I like Southgate but not a good night for him, should have taken Sterling and Phillips off, as poor as Kane was don't see the point in taking him off unless it's for Calvert Lewin and we are going more direct

I've had a bad feeling about the Scotland game for a while, did think they might be our toughest game in the group stage.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 11:11 - Jun 19 with 1433 viewsJamesB1979

3 or 5 (depending on how you look at it) at the back has worked well before. I’d go with that. Solves the midfield problem too. Didn’t we stumble on the right team in 1990 after a poor start?

Pickford
Mings, Stones, McGuire
Trippier, Rice, Chillwell
Foden, Mount, Grealish
Kane
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 11:22 - Jun 19 with 1402 viewsMaggsinho

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 11:07 - Jun 19 by daveB

disagree on Mount, didn't play well last night but he's a very good player and would have him in every game.

England didn't play well last night, thought the occasion got to them a bit and the big worry was how quickly they lost belief in the second half. I like Southgate but not a good night for him, should have taken Sterling and Phillips off, as poor as Kane was don't see the point in taking him off unless it's for Calvert Lewin and we are going more direct

I've had a bad feeling about the Scotland game for a while, did think they might be our toughest game in the group stage.

Yeah, I thought the sense of occasion and expectation got to them too. There was a shot of the players leaving the dressing room and Reece James looked terrified.

Think if that Stones header had gone in it would have settled everyone down and we would probably have gone on to win but we didn’t so on to the next game.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 11:36 - Jun 19 with 1357 viewsPinnerPaul

On the Ref - good to see a player actually get an (early) yellow card for dissent.

Wish more would do that. I wouldn't mind guessing that what he actually said would get him a red outside the professional game - but its a start!

Another good refereeing performance - he was CL Final ref, so what you would expect I guess.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 11:47 - Jun 19 with 1333 viewsGroveR

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 23:33 - Jun 18 by Northernr

I come back to my earlier point about Southgate, which is the point I made about Warburton in December....

So you’ve sacked him. Great. What next?

Who’s next? You don’t like this, you don’t like that, you want more Grealish and Sancho, you want less Mount and whoever, you want less caution and more carefree (2 games of tournament football, no defeats, no goals conceded, 4 points but ok we’re apparently so much better than this because Geoff Hurst and that) but... who else? Who next?

If QPR had sacked Warbs in December it would have been Sherwood, Pearson... If England shift Southgate, who, v realistically, do you get? Who? Who would you want v who would take it?

Because that bookies list of favourites is going to probably be led by Eddie Howe, Sean Dyche, Dean Smith, Stevie G, Frank Lampard. Chris Wilder is going to be a legitimate 20/1 bet.

England is a lot like QPR. In the 10% of the time we’re not talking about how fcking awful everything is, we’re lathering ourselves up into a big soapy IT’S COMING HOME bubble bath, and then at the slightest hint of not being good enough to meet those nonsense expectations it’s time for a bloodlet. The whole thing, QPR and England is like binge watching ER. Little moments of positivity blown out of all proportion, immediately dragged back into far greater pits of despair than is really the case, exacerbated by the initial hype and hope.

We’re playing tournament football, we’re unbeaten, we haven’t conceded, we’re out of the group. The job is done thus far. If they flop then fair enough, questions to be answered. But the main question of those is - who next? Who? And why would they do better? Bet Spurs wish they’d stuck with Poch through his tricky spell.

Holloway.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 12:11 - Jun 19 with 1260 viewsdistortR

last 4 games England have been lacking a spark, but haven't conceded a goal. Not the worst situation to be in at all, but you feel there could be so much more from this bunch of players. Sterling bang out of form, but never hides, and has paradoxically gone up in my estimation. I thought he should have had a penalty btw, but it certainly wasn't a clear and obvious mistake. VAR not really involved, which is great, but the late offside flags really niggle me.
Not a fan of Southgate, texted Karl, who is probably still in the recovery position somewhere, and said that we look like a team obsessed with possession, where the means is forgetting the ends. Saw Reece James had a pass success rate that was nearly 100% - but that was a product of not taking any risks. In his defence, when he looked to cross there was often no-one to hit in the box.
And yeah, when that cross seemed to be heading for Dyke's head, I instinctively shouted 'go on' before looking a bit sheepish!
[Post edited 19 Jun 2021 12:12]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 13:29 - Jun 19 with 1106 viewsPaddyhoops

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 10:03 - Jun 19 by themodfather

i wanted an england win, a draw was not a disaster and we are unbeaten in group, yet to concede and have 4pts banked. our last game is not now all panic and must win.
a biased pro scots media bigged them up, did they really trouble us? one good save by pickford, but we hit a post have 2 soft pen claims and a few other moments. not a classic, i rarely heard the english ? as i live in central london i had to endure sirens late into the night, scots singing and now they rule the world, streets of litter, pi55 and vomit. also some sweaty tried to rip down my england flag outside my house, no they are not on my like list! oh, the kh-unts who did it, ran off sharpish, not sure if it was me or the cricket bat!!

Those nasty Scottish fans tearing up London!!
They should take a leaf out of England's travelling support who are such perfect gentlemen when they travel abroad!
A small minority, anyway.
As for the game. Scotland deserved thier point.
Southgate's mentality is not to give anything away which won't suit England's undoubtedly talented attacking generation of players. Lets hope they're not wasted.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 13:33 - Jun 19 with 1085 viewspaulparker

Only England can ignore a player like Sancho who has been one of the best players in the German league the last two seasons for a player way out of form

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 13:34 - Jun 19 with 1081 viewsAntti_Heinola

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 10:00 - Jun 19 by paulparker

Southgate is over complicating things and is starting to become the problem
We had zero pace in that side yesterday, his subs were awful and is relying on out of form favourites like Rashford & Sterling
That game was crying out for chilwell & Walker as over lapping full backs , why didn’t he bring on sancho , why wasnt saka on the bench ? Both of those players would have scared the Scots to death
He could and should of put Lingaard in that squad but went with another defender who is never going to play
I thought Southgate let us play with a freedom in 2018 but has turned into Roy Hodgson over the last 18 months, hopefully this will be his last tournament as England Manager

Actually agree with a fair portion of this. He gave them freedom in 2018 and it worked well. He seems to have gone more and more into his shell and I just don't get it.

I don't expect us to win the tournament, but what I do expect with this squad, no matter how young, is for it to be attacking and exciting. A squad that includes Foden, Grealish, Sancho, Mount, Sterling, Kane, Calvert-Lewin etc etc should be, at bare minimum, exciting, fast, attacking. That's our strength. And all these players have [layed Euro football at the very highest level. There's no excuse for not finding a way to make us a really damaging, scary side.

Disagree about Lingaard. He's a good [layer, but wouldn't make much difference here and isn't one of the better players. in a 26 man squad, 8 probably won't play at all, and there's no point quibbling about who makes up those 8 places.

Bare bones.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 13:35 - Jun 19 with 1074 viewsdistortR

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 13:29 - Jun 19 by Paddyhoops

Those nasty Scottish fans tearing up London!!
They should take a leaf out of England's travelling support who are such perfect gentlemen when they travel abroad!
A small minority, anyway.
As for the game. Scotland deserved thier point.
Southgate's mentality is not to give anything away which won't suit England's undoubtedly talented attacking generation of players. Lets hope they're not wasted.

two wrongs don't make a right mate.
It's shit when England fans do it, it's shit when other fans do it.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 13:40 - Jun 19 with 1052 viewsPaddyhoops

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 13:35 - Jun 19 by distortR

two wrongs don't make a right mate.
It's shit when England fans do it, it's shit when other fans do it.

Fair point . I was working in London yesterday and from I could see it was all pretty good humoured and well behaved. There's always a few bellends who spoil it though!!
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 13:46 - Jun 19 with 1028 viewsDannytheR

England fans can be proper oddballs sometimes. Two games in, the team are *exactly* where they were two games into Euro 96, which is now the source of endless nostalgia as the favourite tournament of anyone not old enough to remember 1966.

But now you want the manager sacked? The same one whose only other tournament saw England get to its first World Cup semi finals in 30 years?

I'm not a particular fan of Southgate but threads like this make you appreciate what a thankless job being England manager is.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 13:47 - Jun 19 with 1026 viewsBazzeR

Little to no criticism or reaction to Southgate neglecting the option of using 5 subs.

Only 2 subs used against Scotland and 3 against Croatia.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024