Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread 13:22 - Jul 6 with 22306 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Danes hate to see it leave.

Narrow win against a energetic Denmark that we quietly manage out the game after taking the lead.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2021 13:34]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 09:45 - Jul 7 with 1501 viewsTheChef

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 23:26 - Jul 6 by CLAREMAN1995

He has been a fantastic player for Italy and still contributing but his behavior tonight at the coin toss was a bit strange .I was watching the game with 2 Americans and they both said he was odd but I pointed out it was his last ever chance ,he would not be taking a penalty so he might as well enjoy it .Not sure Jordy Alba was so amused .

No, but it definitely helped transmit Chiellini's happiness/relaxed state before a very tense shoot out.

Seemed to do the job, Italy did after all miss their first penalty but then so did Spain.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 10:17 - Jul 7 with 1419 viewsfrancisbowles

Does anyone have any stats on penalty shoot outs? It seems to me that the team that misses first (early in the shoot out) often ends up winning.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 10:22 - Jul 7 with 1405 viewsWegerles_Stairs

LEGEND.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 10:31 - Jul 7 with 1380 viewsRs_Holy

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 10:22 - Jul 7 by Wegerles_Stairs

LEGEND.

Bloody spoilsport!!! ... We just want to sing the song Kasper
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 10:35 - Jul 7 with 1367 viewswillis1980

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 10:17 - Jul 7 by francisbowles

Does anyone have any stats on penalty shoot outs? It seems to me that the team that misses first (early in the shoot out) often ends up winning.

This guy on sky this morning was quite interesting, theyve done quite an indepth study of penalties

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/12350645/what-is-the-psychology-behind-pen

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/259176625_The_BASES_Expert_Statement_on

[Post edited 7 Jul 2021 10:37]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 10:52 - Jul 7 with 1336 viewsQPR_Jim

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 08:21 - Jul 7 by Metallica_Hoop

In the final Schmeichal was immense though, I remember that one handed take from a cross and everyone just going "wow".

Shit you know what's gonna happen.

On a lighter note my colleague born 1985 doesn't remember John Jensen so I was telling him about the Arsenal and QPR responding t-shirts.

Yeah he has the ability to turn it on for big games so he's still a potential issue even if he's not been playing well.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 12:19 - Jul 7 with 1235 viewsthemodfather

as i hoped for v Germany, let the english lads give their all, give everything on the pitch and leave no regrets, no what ifs or why didn't we do this/that or the other.....players and fans alike. and they did. every team needs luck and every game needs a good ref and overall, so far the refs have been good.
no easy games at this level and i am PROUD of a 3rd semi final in a row, this side is building and learning and giving us back some pride and hope, THREE major finals in a row, that is amazing, remarkable and must give us all belief we are getting there , a top side, regularly competing and getting to the last stages of competitions. it's coming home> ? ffs we have a great chance to do it. cmon!
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 14:28 - Jul 7 with 1103 viewsMalintabuk

Amazing what sport and particularly football can do to a nation. Here at work we even have non footballing folk talking and feeling nervous
I gather that the pubs at Wembley people are gueing to get at 12 o clock and the whole nation feels like they are behind the team
As for tonight I honestly think we can win. Denmark are a good team and they are definitely playing on emotion and that can go either way.
If we again score early I think it will be similar to Ukraine. It may just be the hurdle to far from them.
We really are in a position where it is ours to loose and I really think we will do it
Italy look knackered and could be there for that taking
It's all been said but the bottom line this England team is the best in living memory IMO
So a lonoooog afternoon in store
Score early 3 0 us..... but most likely 1-0
Login to get fewer ads

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 14:35 - Jul 7 with 1082 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Before Ukraine wasn’t Denmark our record scoring knockout game?
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 14:41 - Jul 7 with 1070 viewsCLAREMAN1995

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 14:28 - Jul 7 by Malintabuk

Amazing what sport and particularly football can do to a nation. Here at work we even have non footballing folk talking and feeling nervous
I gather that the pubs at Wembley people are gueing to get at 12 o clock and the whole nation feels like they are behind the team
As for tonight I honestly think we can win. Denmark are a good team and they are definitely playing on emotion and that can go either way.
If we again score early I think it will be similar to Ukraine. It may just be the hurdle to far from them.
We really are in a position where it is ours to loose and I really think we will do it
Italy look knackered and could be there for that taking
It's all been said but the bottom line this England team is the best in living memory IMO
So a lonoooog afternoon in store
Score early 3 0 us..... but most likely 1-0

Strongly agree with your post Malintabuk If England get ahead early they are very hard to beat and the more teaks open up the deadlier England become .
Could easirl be another 3 or 4 goal fest for England tonight but a much tighter final with all that experience at the back for italy.
I posted this on another thread but England are years ahead of all the top teams in the world blending youth with experience and have the players coming through so why not win this and the WC its very possible IMO
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 14:45 - Jul 7 with 1061 views80s_Boy

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 14:35 - Jul 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

Before Ukraine wasn’t Denmark our record scoring knockout game?

Shared with England 3 Paraguay 0 (Lineker 2, Beardsley 1) in 1986.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 14:56 - Jul 7 with 1041 viewsdaveB

Saka in for Sancho apparently which gives the option to switch to a back 3 if needed with Saka as a wing back
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 15:38 - Jul 7 with 975 viewskensalriser

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 12:19 - Jul 7 by themodfather

as i hoped for v Germany, let the english lads give their all, give everything on the pitch and leave no regrets, no what ifs or why didn't we do this/that or the other.....players and fans alike. and they did. every team needs luck and every game needs a good ref and overall, so far the refs have been good.
no easy games at this level and i am PROUD of a 3rd semi final in a row, this side is building and learning and giving us back some pride and hope, THREE major finals in a row, that is amazing, remarkable and must give us all belief we are getting there , a top side, regularly competing and getting to the last stages of competitions. it's coming home> ? ffs we have a great chance to do it. cmon!

Does the Nations League count as a serious competition?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 15:45 - Jul 7 with 966 viewsSharpy36

3-0 England

Kane 2
Stones the other

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 15:53 - Jul 7 with 963 viewsdaveB

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 15:38 - Jul 7 by kensalriser

It should do but obviously nowhere near same level at Euros & World Cup , We did well to reach the semi beating Spain away and Croatia at home
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 16:22 - Jul 7 with 927 views80s_Boy

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 15:38 - Jul 7 by kensalriser

Nope.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 16:26 - Jul 7 with 918 views80s_Boy

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 15:53 - Jul 7 by daveB

It should do but obviously nowhere near same level at Euros & World Cup , We did well to reach the semi beating Spain away and Croatia at home

The premise is good but the reality is that those friendlies people were moaning we had too many of were against Brazil, Argentina and top European sides.

It's the proliferation of competitive matches against sides like San Marino, Andorra, Lichtenstein and other minnows which is the problem, not friendlies.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 16:30 - Jul 7 with 912 viewsPinnerPaul

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 20:07 - Jul 6 by loftboy

Didn’t realise Italy haven’t lost for 35 games, reckon we’ve a bette exchange against Spain.

Even more impressive/remarkable is that they haven't even been behind in a game for 2 years!!!!!!
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 16:31 - Jul 7 with 906 viewsPinnerPaul

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 20:15 - Jul 6 by Superhoops2808

Correct... I do hope I am wrong. The fact that their whole production is awful is neither here nor there, the stats are not that great

Read it for yourselves:

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/itv-curse-england-record-bbc-compared-euro-20
[Post edited 6 Jul 2021 20:17]

Match coverage exactly same as BBC - same at all major tournaments.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 16:33 - Jul 7 with 902 viewsPinnerPaul

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 22:10 - Jul 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

I don’t see that much to fear in either Spain or Italy in this game. Denmark may be the toughest team out of the three actually in terms of their energy and gung ho attacking style.

All opinions isn't it - thought both Spain and Italy looked a cut above anything else seen so far in this tournament.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 16:34 - Jul 7 with 901 viewsfrancisbowles

Yes it's even more impressive than Brentford's unimpressive play off run, if you know what I mean.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 16:47 - Jul 7 with 867 viewsMick_S

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 16:33 - Jul 7 by PinnerPaul

All opinions isn't it - thought both Spain and Italy looked a cut above anything else seen so far in this tournament.

Should we be good enough to beat the Danes tonight, a strong start against Italy is very important- we would do well to avoid an equal score with 20 mins to go. I think, and hope that we have enough with home advantage and a tremendous young squad. Still edgy about tonight, mind!

Come on England.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 16:53 - Jul 7 with 854 viewsrobith

tough one to call tonight - been impressed by Denmark, but they looked exhausted vs the Czechs
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 17:23 - Jul 7 with 823 viewswood_hoop

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 16:53 - Jul 7 by robith

tough one to call tonight - been impressed by Denmark, but they looked exhausted vs the Czechs

Maybe affect them some plus the travelling,, no doubt they will throw every thing they have at us, but just a sliver more that gives us an advantage.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 17:24 - Jul 7 with 822 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 16:33 - Jul 7 by PinnerPaul

I can’t say they haven’t both been impressive, and undoubtedly great to watch. I can just see what a managing their strikers out of the game and I can see Sterling and Sako only needing one chance to get past Anciento and Oldini at the back.

I think wish is the father of my though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024