Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread 13:22 - Jul 6 with 22299 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Danes hate to see it leave.

Narrow win against a energetic Denmark that we quietly manage out the game after taking the lead.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2021 13:34]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 20:52 - Jul 6 with 1729 viewsSK_hoops

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 20:15 - Jul 6 by Superhoops2808

Correct... I do hope I am wrong. The fact that their whole production is awful is neither here nor there, the stats are not that great

Read it for yourselves:

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/itv-curse-england-record-bbc-compared-euro-20
[Post edited 6 Jul 2021 20:17]

uh oh...
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 22:08 - Jul 6 with 1661 viewstraininvain

Italy look gassed here. Reckon they’d happily accept pens.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 22:10 - Jul 6 with 1657 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I don’t see that much to fear in either Spain or Italy in this game. Denmark may be the toughest team out of the three actually in terms of their energy and gung ho attacking style.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 22:13 - Jul 6 with 1640 viewsMick_S

If we can beat the Danes, I’d much prefer us to play Italy. Spain look a bit tasty, to me.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 22:17 - Jul 6 with 1618 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think Spain have been really excellent. And they still look fresh.

If I were an England fan, I'd prefer to play Italy.

Both are a lot better than Denmark, I would say.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 22:17 - Jul 6 with 1618 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 22:17 - Jul 6 with 1609 viewskensalriser

Correct... I do hope I am wrong. The fact that their whole production is awful is neither here nor there, the stats are not that great

Read it for yourselves:

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/itv-curse-england-record-bbc-compared-euro-20

The stats are just the stats they're rarely equally distributed and don't predict the future, any more than tossing a coin 9 times tells you what the tenth will be.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 22:19 - Jul 6 with 1603 viewsdanehoop

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 22:13 - Jul 6 by Mick_S

If we can beat the Danes, I’d much prefer us to play Italy. Spain look a bit tasty, to me.

Personally I want whoever wins from Italy v Spain to be exhausted and hit by injuries and suspensions to key players.

Never knowingly understood

Login to get fewer ads

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 22:19 - Jul 6 with 1600 viewsHooparoo

Although I have a few English mates, my best mate is Danish and knowing how much it means to them, for me it has to be - KOM NU DANMARK!!

luckily for me, no matter who wins I'll have some happy mates and a team to support in the final.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 22:23 - Jul 6 with 1590 viewsQPR_Jim

Yeah, I'm starting to feel the same.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 22:32 - Jul 6 with 1560 viewsBoston

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 22:08 - Jul 6 by traininvain

Italy look gassed here. Reckon they’d happily accept pens.

With a keeper called Donearunner!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 22:50 - Jul 6 with 1509 viewsMrSheen

Oyarzabal was like Serginho clodhopping around in front of the 1982 Brazil team. They could have been out of sight.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 22:58 - Jul 6 with 1469 viewsdmm

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 20:25 - Jul 6 by loftboy

That’s one impressive hooter!

Giorgio Chiellini is such a great character and at 36 is still a fantastic player. Perhaps surprisingly, he's not a mafia hitman in his spare time but has a degree in economics!
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 23:26 - Jul 6 with 1428 viewsCLAREMAN1995

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 22:58 - Jul 6 by dmm

Giorgio Chiellini is such a great character and at 36 is still a fantastic player. Perhaps surprisingly, he's not a mafia hitman in his spare time but has a degree in economics!

He has been a fantastic player for Italy and still contributing but his behavior tonight at the coin toss was a bit strange .I was watching the game with 2 Americans and they both said he was odd but I pointed out it was his last ever chance ,he would not be taking a penalty so he might as well enjoy it .Not sure Jordy Alba was so amused .
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 23:34 - Jul 6 with 1406 viewsCamberleyR

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 19:45 - Jul 6 by Superhoops2808

Sadly, we are not going to win tomorrow night...

Why you ask?? Because its on FCUKING ITV and we never win when its on ITV

Why cant it be on both sides to be on the safe side

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 23:36 - Jul 6 with 1396 viewsSnipper

Please please please don’t let us down. 🙏🙏

https://imgflip.com/i/5fnssg"> src="
[Post edited 6 Jul 2021 23:38]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 00:02 - Jul 7 with 1343 viewsdaveB

Read it for yourselves:

England's record in knockouts is diabolical regardless of which channel it is shown on. England beat Colombia on ITV in the last World Cup, lost 4-1 to Germany in 2010 on BBC. The quality of the team and manager was the main reason for both results rather than which channel it was shown on.

Not to worry though, the day will come when all the big international games will follow other sports and end up behind a paywall.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 00:34 - Jul 7 with 1298 viewsbob566

I've said Italy from the start but they look tired now. England or Denmark have a great chance.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 00:35 - Jul 7 with 1296 viewskensalriser

I know it's a bit of a joke but this superstitious stuff drives me nuts. I mean, if you really take it remotely seriously you probably shouldn't be watching that magic light box with lots of little people moving around inside it

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 00:55 - Jul 7 with 1276 viewsSydneyRs

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 00:34 - Jul 7 by bob566

I've said Italy from the start but they look tired now. England or Denmark have a great chance.

Agreed. Italy started like a house on fire and rarely do teams that do that end the tournament in the same way. England started slowly and conservatively and have steadily improved. Obvioulsy Denmark won't be easy, but get past that and there's nothing to be afraid of in the final. Italy don't have x factor players like say France would or a Ronaldo type. A tough team but a very beatable one.

England have no injuries currently, an amazing position to be in at the semi final stage. They look fresh and had the luxury of resting players for the last 30 mins of the quarter final. They are playing at home with very limited away support in the stadium. The squad is together, 100% behind the manager and brimming with talent. They almost seem to be embracing the opportunity rather than being paralysed by fear as in the past.

We are no longer technically inferior to other nations and the players face the best in the world on a regular basis through the prem and in Europe. For all its faults, the prem being of a much higher standard now means that the English players that do come through are of very high quality with access to some of the best coaching and facilities in the world. We used to be so far behind in all these aspects of the game, not any more.

Whatever happens, England are likely to be involved in this stage of tournaments for years to come. Some of the best talent is still very young and will only get better. This might only be the beginning.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2021 0:56]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 01:00 - Jul 7 with 1272 viewsRs_Holy

I understand the "we never win on ITV" thing, but this England team finally won an opening match in the Euros, beat a team in 90 minutes in a knockout match and beat the Germans in a knockout match for the first time in 55 years.
The Danes will be a tough and very organised challenge and they are riding a wave of emotion right now re Christian Erickson.
But this England team has a depth of quality that I've never witnessed in my lifetime... They also have a fantastic attitude and are brilliantly managed. I'm going for 2-1 win after extra time.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 01:55 - Jul 7 with 1234 viewsbob566

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 00:55 - Jul 7 by SydneyRs

Agreed. Italy started like a house on fire and rarely do teams that do that end the tournament in the same way. England started slowly and conservatively and have steadily improved. Obvioulsy Denmark won't be easy, but get past that and there's nothing to be afraid of in the final. Italy don't have x factor players like say France would or a Ronaldo type. A tough team but a very beatable one.

England have no injuries currently, an amazing position to be in at the semi final stage. They look fresh and had the luxury of resting players for the last 30 mins of the quarter final. They are playing at home with very limited away support in the stadium. The squad is together, 100% behind the manager and brimming with talent. They almost seem to be embracing the opportunity rather than being paralysed by fear as in the past.

We are no longer technically inferior to other nations and the players face the best in the world on a regular basis through the prem and in Europe. For all its faults, the prem being of a much higher standard now means that the English players that do come through are of very high quality with access to some of the best coaching and facilities in the world. We used to be so far behind in all these aspects of the game, not any more.

Whatever happens, England are likely to be involved in this stage of tournaments for years to come. Some of the best talent is still very young and will only get better. This might only be the beginning.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2021 0:56]

England are rested. As dieter hamann said they beat a crap German team who struggled against Hungary. Then you had Ukraine who are pretty ordinary. Italy had Belgium and Spain. I do think Italy are a better team but they're exhausted. Real chance of silverware if you can beat Denmark.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 08:21 - Jul 7 with 1092 viewsMetallica_Hoop

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 16:52 - Jul 6 by Antti_Heinola

i actually think the one player who has been below par for them has been Schmeichel. Can't blame him for the Iceland goal, but even since then he's not been great and his kicking has been uncharacteristically poor. Will obviously have a belter v England.
BTW, i see a potential new keeper we might be getting is already getting pelters based on a few youtube clips. But have a look at Schmeichel the elder in 1992. Not exactly faultless to say the least.

In the final Schmeichal was immense though, I remember that one handed take from a cross and everyone just going "wow".

Shit you know what's gonna happen.

On a lighter note my colleague born 1985 doesn't remember John Jensen so I was telling him about the Arsenal and QPR responding t-shirts.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 09:24 - Jul 7 with 1005 views80s_Boy

How far has this team come?

If we don't win tonight we can regard Euro 2020 as a failure...
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 09:27 - Jul 7 with 1003 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 00:35 - Jul 7 by kensalriser

I know it's a bit of a joke but this superstitious stuff drives me nuts. I mean, if you really take it remotely seriously you probably shouldn't be watching that magic light box with lots of little people moving around inside it

It’s emotional insurance in the event we lose!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024