Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread 13:04 - Jul 10 with 36413 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I think I’ve been quite lucky so far no?

Well managed England play will defeat the Italians by the odd goal.

Here’s me putting the gauntlet down:

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 12:20 - Jul 12 with 1749 viewsconnell10

If need flair what about a certain Eze, once he gets back from his injury, he would add flair in buckets to the team. And bump up his price when Palace sell him.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 12:23 - Jul 12 with 1723 viewsfrancisbowles

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 12:07 - Jul 12 by gazza1

Sorry but I don't get or know what I am 'wrong' on!!

What part of 'THE MANAGER DECIDES' do you not understand?
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 12:24 - Jul 12 with 1714 viewsthemodfather

after it all has settled down, england started well and didn't get that "killer" 2nd goal, second half italy came on us, their goal came thru the ball like a pinball in our box, 3 chances to clear and off the post too, italy unbeaten in 3 years? 33 games before last night, some record at any level. we were the FIRST team to score first against them in 2 yrs, pickford saved 2 pens and it wasn't enough. i am PROUD of the team, gutted but been there time and time again. technically unbeaten in 7 games and just 2 conceded, one in each of the semi and finals games. was there a red card in there? chiellini? pulling saka back by the neck, very naughty and the tackle on grealish, was it as bad as the welsh red? or worse! in the groups italy looked the best team and were lucky v austria , i still think the goal was good and not off but hey ho they are a good team. always hard to beat and we fell just short again but a semi, semi and final is the progression many england fans wanted and it is there to see. that's 2 semi's and a final in 3 tournaments in a row, ffs that's great.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 12:28 - Jul 12 with 1682 viewsderbyhoop

I won't criticise any player for missing a penalty in that situation. None of us can know how the pressure can get to players. However often they practise in training nothing will prepare them fully. And the fact they are prepared to put themselves forward should be commended.

This is still a young side and to reach the final was an achievement.
Of the squad that have been involved only Henderson and Walker are approaching the end of their international careers and even then could still be involved in the World Cup next year.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 12:30 - Jul 12 with 1670 views80s_Boy

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 11:52 - Jul 12 by francisbowles

Some random thoughts.

Media going on about Italy's four World cups and two European Championships. Two of the World Cups were in the 1930's and their other Euro was a four team European Nations cup finals tournament in 1968. So a decent record but not a brilliant one.

The extra time against Denmark was a factor in our running out of steam. We looked so full of energy that night but that thirty mins combined with a days less rest took their toll.

Southgate got virtually all of his decisions correct before last night. All managers have to much numerous decisions and no one gets them all right. Unfortunately, last night was the time that Gareth probably got few wrong.

If the referee had issued one or possibly two red cards then we might not be in a deep depression today.

Sorry to be a pedantic nerd but I've read a few people post disparaging comments about the 1968 European Championships over the last week: albeit in an attempt to minimise the achievement of Ramsey's side reaching the semi-final.

Before Euro 1980 sides had to navigate a full qualification group and a 2 legged quarter final before reaching the semi-finals.

They weren't reaching the 'finals stage' by finishing top of a 3 team group but by playing 6 qualifying matches and 2 quarter finals.

In '68 we played Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland home/away and a 2 legged Qtr final against Spain before playing Yugoslavia in the semi. It wasn't 'Easy' or, as I read recently, 'a four team tournament'!
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 12:40 - Jul 12 with 1596 viewsdanehoop

I had low expectations of England before the championships started, I didn't really feel that connected with any of the players, but recognised they were a goodish squad.

They surprised me a lot a lot in how they progressed through each round and how much more savvy they were as a team. I like Southgate as an international manager (I think otherwise of him as a club manager where the pressures and structures are very different and he is lacking) and he he has surrounded himself with good staff to help him. I think he has also had a clear idea how he wants his squad to work and been able to ensure that each player knows what is expected of them.

For me England possibly slighted over exceeded in the competition (despite what the press may have hyped up). They have a solid young squad of players who have now started to get a feel for what is expected of them to be successful at the highest level. They were not far short this time around, they have progressed steadily and will continue to do so. It took the best team in the championships to play at their best to beat them. I'd take no shame from that.

Never knowingly understood

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 13:12 - Jul 12 with 1494 viewswood_hoop

Not quite all MPs are so proud of our lads.....ho hum.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/tory-mp-attacks-marcus-rashford-094008604.html
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 13:15 - Jul 12 with 1470 viewsQPR_Jim

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 13:12 - Jul 12 by wood_hoop

She should be careful, if we go down that route of logic people may start to think that if they were running the country properly Rashford wouldn't need to get involved in politics and could focus on playing football.
Login to get fewer ads

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 13:20 - Jul 12 with 1427 viewsgazza1

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 12:23 - Jul 12 by francisbowles

What part of 'THE MANAGER DECIDES' do you not understand?

I would suggest the penalty set-up would be discussed as a team....I don't know how England/Southgate done it. I also said that the penalty shoots-out that I have been involved with, and there have not been many, it was not pre-arranged and we decided as a team who would take pens and in what order primarily when players put their hands up to take one. I would expect England to be a bit more organised.

I believe, at the end of the day, it is the penalty taker who misses will take the blame albeit as an individual.

I hope that clarifies my stance on the penalty situation
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 13:46 - Jul 12 with 1383 views80s_Boy

Where do we even begin to dismantle this if it becomes accepted as 'fact'
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 13:49 - Jul 12 with 1371 viewsslmrstid

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 13:46 - Jul 12 by 80s_Boy

Stuff like this makes me feel sick.

Twitter just needs deleting from the face of this earth.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 13:57 - Jul 12 with 1340 viewsRanger_Things

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 13:49 - Jul 12 by slmrstid

Not just Twitter, booing anthems, Rashford's mural defaced with racist graffiti, England fans attacking Italian families including kids, and it can't even be blamed on the loss because they did similar to Danish families after we won.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 14:01 - Jul 12 with 1314 views80s_Boy

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 13:49 - Jul 12 by slmrstid

Idiots on both sides sadly....

I use Twitter to keep up-to-date with a few bands and theatres but beyond that just for niche interests like the history of the Cold War and non-league football.

I tried to 'get involved' during the early stages of the pandemic to have regular 'chats' with other people than the missus and, of course, gravitated to QPR twitter.... 3 weeks was enough for me. Sheer lunacy and full of narcissistic weirdos on both sides of some debates and opinions.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 14:26 - Jul 12 with 1227 viewswillis1980

i recently rejoined twitter and am considering getting rid of it again, theres too much nonsense on there and appears to bring out the worst in people. this morning i saw several people uploading the video of the ticketless mob getting punched etc by people inside the ground, the video would be labelled as english fans attacking italians or english fans target asian man and children. you would see people explaining what happened and you soon realise that people merely believe what they want to or what they "feel" happened.
Loads of seeminly english wallys arguing that England deserved to lose because the fans booed anthems, the assumption is that only english fans boo anthems or act like herberts etc....
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 14:28 - Jul 12 with 1218 viewstraininvain

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 13:46 - Jul 12 by 80s_Boy

That’s the problem with social media it allows people to spread lies, fear and hate. Maybe time for a major boycott until big tech companies get their house in order.

Just in case anyone’s wondering, Grealish has taken and scored one penalty for Aston Villa in his entire career.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 14:49 - Jul 12 with 1140 viewsdaveB

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 13:12 - Jul 12 by wood_hoop

See they've jumped off the bandwagon as quickly as the dived onto it
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 14:53 - Jul 12 with 1114 viewsflynnbo

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 14:49 - Jul 12 by daveB

See they've jumped off the bandwagon as quickly as the dived onto it

"Naughty" Tory ex-husband.

https://www.hackneygazette.co.uk/news/sign-a-petition-to-ban-racists-from-stadiu
[Post edited 12 Jul 2021 14:55]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 14:57 - Jul 12 with 1096 viewsBoston

Still looking for US tv ratings for the game. Not published anywhere yet as far as I can see, but complete tournament did have increased numbers from previous years.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 15:10 - Jul 12 with 1054 views80s_Boy

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 14:26 - Jul 12 by willis1980

i recently rejoined twitter and am considering getting rid of it again, theres too much nonsense on there and appears to bring out the worst in people. this morning i saw several people uploading the video of the ticketless mob getting punched etc by people inside the ground, the video would be labelled as english fans attacking italians or english fans target asian man and children. you would see people explaining what happened and you soon realise that people merely believe what they want to or what they "feel" happened.
Loads of seeminly english wallys arguing that England deserved to lose because the fans booed anthems, the assumption is that only english fans boo anthems or act like herberts etc....

"i recently rejoined twitter and am considering getting rid of it again, theres too much nonsense on there and appears to bring out the worst in people"

I keep my account on lock and don't engage with anyone.

Left/Right, Remain/Leave, Vaccine/Anti Vaccine, there's an incredible amount of idiots on both sides of all debates and people just form echo chambers and become entrenched meaning their opinion becomes an accepted gospel for all arguments and no room for compromise with heretics.

I dabbled with QPR Twitter for about 3 weeks last year and am still scarred. People forming multiple accounts to 'add weight' or the appearance of support to their point of view/arguments, people slagging off fans for preferring one player over another and, worse of all, people quick to label long standing QPR fans as racist for holding non-controversial views which didn't fit the narrative they want to set: in one case, someone who was by all accounts very quick to label QPR fans with any number of negative isms for holding opinions contrary to his was exposed as a Man Utd fan in his 40s who had only been going to Loftus Road for a few years.... It's honestly a platform for the most narcissistic members of society and one of the worst inventions ever.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2021 15:13]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 15:15 - Jul 12 with 1032 viewsderbyhoop

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 13:15 - Jul 12 by QPR_Jim

She should be careful, if we go down that route of logic people may start to think that if they were running the country properly Rashford wouldn't need to get involved in politics and could focus on playing football.

She should be v careful who she criticises and who she supports.

Isn't her ex-husband and predecessor as MP for DOver in prison for sexual assaults?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 15:23 - Jul 12 with 1001 viewsaston_hoop

Spotting the fake accounts on QPR Twitter and also on here is usually quite straightforward after enough time on both - same style of posts, same views, same story, same targets. All gets a bit boring and all a bit tragic that people spend time creating them really. I just use it now to follow the content I am interested in, still plenty of good stuff

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 15:34 - Jul 12 with 952 viewsfrancisbowles

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 12:30 - Jul 12 by 80s_Boy

Sorry to be a pedantic nerd but I've read a few people post disparaging comments about the 1968 European Championships over the last week: albeit in an attempt to minimise the achievement of Ramsey's side reaching the semi-final.

Before Euro 1980 sides had to navigate a full qualification group and a 2 legged quarter final before reaching the semi-finals.

They weren't reaching the 'finals stage' by finishing top of a 3 team group but by playing 6 qualifying matches and 2 quarter finals.

In '68 we played Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland home/away and a 2 legged Qtr final against Spain before playing Yugoslavia in the semi. It wasn't 'Easy' or, as I read recently, 'a four team tournament'!

I wasn't disparaging England's achievement. In fact what was probably our best ever team were unlucky that weak refereeing allowed Yugoslavia to kick them out of the semi finals. However in qualifying, we had to rely on Scotland dropping points after beating and drawing with us. Scotland apart though, it was hardly a tough group as we beat Wales 5-1 and 3-0 and Northern Ireland 2-0 twice. As I'm sure you know we then beat Spain home and away to reach the tournament finals.

Italy had a pretty easy qualifying group, drawing in Switzerland but winning all the rest of the games against Rumania and Cyprus as well as at home to the Swiss. In the QF they lost again this time in 3-2 Bulgaria but won the return 2-0 to get to the last four. They then defeated the Soviet Union on the toss of a coin in the SF and needed a replay before winning the trophy. It was their first major trophy in over thirty years and came after the failure in the 66 World cup.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 15:41 - Jul 12 with 921 viewswood_hoop

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 15:15 - Jul 12 by derbyhoop

She should be v careful who she criticises and who she supports.

Isn't her ex-husband and predecessor as MP for DOver in prison for sexual assaults?

Probably be in favour come the cabinet reshuffle........
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 15:42 - Jul 12 with 921 viewsBAWHoops

Not gonna lie.... on the fcking floor here lads.

Such a great, young, likeable side who stood up for the best of us. Heartbroken for them.
Of course our fans disgraced themselves as always before the game. The English Disease in full show.

Can look at penalty takers in whatever order all day and night, but when you are 1-0 up and on top you have to get that second goal. Been the English achilles heel forever and a day. We always lose control of a game as the whole weight of history starts to push down on us.

Sad to say I don't think they'll ever have a better chance of winning something. Draw opened up, at home, 1-0 up with 25 minutes to go.

Bereft and heartbroken

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 15:52 - Jul 12 with 873 viewsSheffieldHoop

At least the leftists can finally drop the false patriotism, which after a whole month I'm sure they were sick of, and go back to openly despising us

Budapest in September.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024