Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread 13:04 - Jul 10 with 36089 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I think I’ve been quite lucky so far no?

Well managed England play will defeat the Italians by the odd goal.

Here’s me putting the gauntlet down:

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:25 - Jul 11 with 1695 viewsRangersDave

what did i miss?

oh thats right, nothing. lol

As you were!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:29 - Jul 11 with 1658 viewskensalriser

I've really enjoyed this tournament and seeing England get to a major final for the first time in my life (well I was alive and in Wembley in 66 but at home in nappies). It's been fcking great watching an England team playing well under a manager who seems to have half a clue and a good way about himself. Lost to the better team on the night by the finest of margins and that's OK, that's football.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:30 - Jul 11 with 1650 viewsaston_hoop

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:25 - Jul 11 by RangersDave

what did i miss?

As you were!

Nah,you missed the most exciting England squad in generations missing out on the lottery of pens, but lots more to come from these guys

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:30 - Jul 11 with 1646 viewsBoston

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:25 - Jul 11 by aston_hoop

I'm English of part Italian descent and didnt get the call! Then again, I'm also of Northern Irish descent and they havent shown any interest either.

But in reality, this is just the beginning isnt it? Young squad, quality players, togetherness, bring on the future.

That'll be extra pepperoni please.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:31 - Jul 11 with 1637 viewstraininvain

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:25 - Jul 11 by RangersDave

what did i miss?

As you were!

You missed a great few weeks. Proud of this England team and more fool you for not enjoying them.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:31 - Jul 11 with 1635 viewsJuzzie

We got further than Belgium, Spain, France, Germany, Netherlands, Portugal and were unbeaten in open play the whole tournament and conceded just two goals. I thought Shaw’s goal was superb, contender for goal of the tournament?
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:31 - Jul 11 with 1629 viewsaston_hoop

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:30 - Jul 11 by Boston

That'll be extra pepperoni please.

Coming up sir

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:33 - Jul 11 with 1598 viewsHayesender

Just in from the Coningham. Uxbridge Road is like a war zone already.

Gutted beyond words 😢

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Login to get fewer ads

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:33 - Jul 11 with 1597 viewsozexile

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:24 - Jul 11 by davman

Mount.

Yes, he is Chelsea, so maybe I am one eyed, but I am not sure I have seen a player work so hard at avoiding the ball outside of Dodgeball. He offers nothing.

Apart from him, this lot played above themselves.

Rice was superb tonight and even Phillips, who I am not a fan of grew into that game. Pickford looked like a liability during the semi, but was awesome tonight.

I think what lost it for us was keeping Mount on too long and trying to defend that 1-0 lead. We were so deep and could not keep the ball. Much better 10-15 mins after they equalised, but why couldn't we carry on in that vein after going 1-0 up.

A shame, but apart from the Scotland game, this lot largely delivered. Unbeaten throughout the tournament.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2021 23:26]

I'm the same. Forgot Mount was playing. Rice was incredible. Terrible management by Southgate. In the last 2 games he's subbed his own substitutes. He's got a benchnof attacking options and he does that.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:39 - Jul 11 with 1544 viewsDavieQPR

He had 3 kids taking the penalties 2 of whom hadn't touched the ball. Southgate left the substitutions far too late whereas they had fresh legs all over the pitch. Still if you got rid of Southgate you would only get Lampard.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:40 - Jul 11 with 1537 viewsBoston

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:29 - Jul 11 by kensalriser

I've really enjoyed this tournament and seeing England get to a major final for the first time in my life (well I was alive and in Wembley in 66 but at home in nappies). It's been fcking great watching an England team playing well under a manager who seems to have half a clue and a good way about himself. Lost to the better team on the night by the finest of margins and that's OK, that's football.

Overall, I agree. But, I think Southgate needs to let the 'flair' players off the lead. There's a stiffness ingrained in England teams which I'd like to see ironed out.

Thought Kane had a decent game, especially the first half, as did Sterling, also Walker(I'd never sub that man). Maguire good, though not quite so dominant this time out and the few minutes Grealish got say 'starting line up' every time. Everyone else a 6.5, 'cept Pickford an 8.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:45 - Jul 11 with 1492 viewsStanisgod

Grealish came on too late, Stirling decided to have his worst game of the tournament and then had the front to bottle taking a penalty, leaving a nineteen year old to do it for him.
Other than that we did ok.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:46 - Jul 11 with 1491 viewsted_hendrix

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:01 - Jul 11 by CiderwithRsie

Really felt for all the guys who missed, they're just kids really. Respect to them for stepping up.

Not their fault we let it slip before then, a second goal in that first 30 minutes when we had them cold and it'd have been all over.

Good post , we have a wealth of young talent and as far as I'm concerned the future for English football is very bright.

Shocked though I must admit to see two of our penalty takers stepping forward having had only two minutes on the pitch?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:46 - Jul 11 with 1487 viewsBoston

Congrats...
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/15561482/pickford-euro-golden-glove-engl

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:50 - Jul 11 with 1458 viewsWegerles_Stairs

The best team won the tournament - they've had to beat Belgium, Spain and England to win it, including beating England in their own backyard. Really won over by Mancini - I underestimated him at City because of the cash but what a job he's done with them. His changes in the second half turned the tide tonight.

England should be getting to semis and finals regularly though as they're a massive football nation that has underachieved for more than half a century.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:53 - Jul 11 with 1442 viewsaston_hoop

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:50 - Jul 11 by Wegerles_Stairs

The best team won the tournament - they've had to beat Belgium, Spain and England to win it, including beating England in their own backyard. Really won over by Mancini - I underestimated him at City because of the cash but what a job he's done with them. His changes in the second half turned the tide tonight.

England should be getting to semis and finals regularly though as they're a massive football nation that has underachieved for more than half a century.

'The best team won the tournament'

yep, you got the format!

'England should be getting to semis and finals regularly though'

We will

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:53 - Jul 11 with 1441 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

We didn't deserve it tonight. Italy had such great character 👍

We were generally poor going forward and poorly managed on the day.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:54 - Jul 11 with 1432 viewsRangersw12

Heartbroken
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 00:00 - Jul 12 with 1384 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:54 - Jul 11 by Rangersw12

Heartbroken

Nah. I decided quite a while back that supporting QPR and England involved too much heartbreak so opted to put most of my emotions into QPR. I relate more to you lot than I do to England fans on the whole.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 00:04 - Jul 12 with 1351 viewsRanger_Things

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:54 - Jul 11 by Rangersw12

Heartbroken

On the plus side, all those grown men with face paint and crusader costumes have to trudge home in the pissing rain dressed like cnts.

Silver clouds and all that.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 00:08 - Jul 12 with 1329 viewsstevec

With squads of about 25, if you’re going to bring on players last minute for penalties, might be worth taking 3 players along purely for that.

Thinking Charlie Austin, Julian Dicks and Matt Le Tissier for WC2022.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 00:09 - Jul 12 with 1315 viewsWegerles_Stairs

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:53 - Jul 11 by aston_hoop

'The best team won the tournament'

yep, you got the format!

'England should be getting to semis and finals regularly though'

We will

Well, the best team often doesn't win a tournament. Italy were class from the first game onwards and had to beat tough sides in every round.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 00:15 - Jul 12 with 1273 viewsdistortR

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 00:04 - Jul 12 by Ranger_Things

On the plus side, all those grown men with face paint and crusader costumes have to trudge home in the pissing rain dressed like cnts.

Silver clouds and all that.

Really? That's what you got from this?
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 00:17 - Jul 12 with 1263 viewsloftboy

https://mobile.twitter.com/offtheball/status/1414311605727375367?ref_src=twsrc%5

What’s wrong with people

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 00:23 - Jul 12 with 1239 viewsToast_R

Well its been an amazing ride, as close as you can go to winning a major final but wasnt to be.

I remember norths Post South Africa World cup postmortem- something along the lines of a broken team from a broken system. It was brutal but telling and deeply depressing.

Here we are a decade later and we have a heroic team from what looks like a well oiled functioning system. The young squad we have looks so exciting surely they can only get better and watching them has been an absolute pleasure. Italy better and just too wise on the night but my goodness, feeling so proud and heartbrokem for the players rather than angry and disgusted like 2010 just shows the progress England have made. 18 months until the WorldCup.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024