Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly 17:52 - Sep 18 with 8449 viewsLazyFan

We still have that giveaway attitude.

zzzzzzzzzz

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 21:13 - Sep 18 with 1767 viewsHooping_Mad

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 19:02 - Sep 18 by Malintabuk

I don't think it was about commitment more about exactly what we have.... a soft defence
We all moaned at dirty Bournemouth the other night..... but they are the ones who walked away with the points
We see moaning now how we battered Bristol and they are going back up the M4 with the points.
We are far far to open and if it is not dealt with then a promising season could soon come to a very rapid end
Big games coming up this week, and nothing better than the Everton game. They will not have a full team out, and with us playing Friday can see wholesale changes as well. I would like to see us play a little tighter and try to be more harder to beat, rather than this back door wide open system we have now
As for Friday I would be over the moon with a park the bus 0-0 than an entertaining 2-3 defeat

Trust me they didn't go back up the M4 because it's closed for the weekend !

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 21:33 - Sep 18 with 1730 viewsWegerles_Stairs

A clinical team wins that match 3-0. City were very average. To concede one goal at the end of a half may be regarded as a misfortune; to concede two looks like carelessness.
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 21:40 - Sep 18 with 1707 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I thought Josh Da Silva did well for them in the second half when he came on. Backed up by a gang of rogue pidgeons.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 21:50 - Sep 18 with 1672 viewsHooping_Mad

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 21:40 - Sep 18 by CliveWilsonSaid

I thought Josh Da Silva did well for them in the second half when he came on. Backed up by a gang of rogue pidgeons.

And a Fat Boy who wouldn't show us his tits.

One of the Pidgeon's went off injured after a nasty coming together.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 22:01 - Sep 18 with 1637 viewsQPR_John

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 21:13 - Sep 18 by Hooping_Mad

Trust me they didn't go back up the M4 because it's closed for the weekend !

Only between junctions 5 and 6
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 22:55 - Sep 18 with 1553 viewsBklynRanger

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 21:40 - Sep 18 by CliveWilsonSaid

Was reminiscent of the squirrel from a few years ago, except the pigeon was putting in an actual tackle - Willock had to adjust his foot to avoid stamping on it - was mad.
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 06:39 - Sep 19 with 1453 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Have we over estimated how good we are?
Everyone seems to think we will make the play offs.
I think we have now scored in 21 consecutive games.

However we seem to start most games slowly, concede a couple of goals in many games and have only played a couple of sides near the top so far (Bournemouth and Coventry).

I'm interested in what other supporters closer to the action think? (I am around 10,500 miles away)
[Post edited 19 Sep 2021 6:40]
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 07:30 - Sep 19 with 1433 viewsdmm

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 21:00 - Sep 18 by davman

After the start we've had and the manner of the last two defeats, this thread is a little harsh.

Clinical. Warbs keeps saying. You cannot have that many shots and not score.

System. Guys, Warbsball means lots of goals. Our strength at the back is the three centre backs. When they're up field, we rely on others, who may not be so hot at defending. Everytime we lost the ball on the edge of their penalty box we looked vulnerable; there is something fundamentally wrong with our shape against the counterattack and I hope that can be sorted.

But, the team is still great to watch, isn't it?

I think you've called it, Davman. This is Warbsball; entertaining football that's vulnerable to conceding goals. Isn't that what we've seen since he's been managing us?

As much as I want to see us win games, at the end of the day I'm happy with what Warburton's doing.
Login to get fewer ads

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 08:30 - Sep 19 with 1361 viewsgazza1

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 21:07 - Sep 18 by Boston

Surely their keeper was motm?

Their keeper played well indeed, but we have ourselves to blame because the shots we had were not good enough.....the shots were saveable and they were saved apart from one!!!
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 08:46 - Sep 19 with 1332 viewsnix

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 08:30 - Sep 19 by gazza1

Their keeper played well indeed, but we have ourselves to blame because the shots we had were not good enough.....the shots were saveable and they were saved apart from one!!!

I don't think it's that much of a science at this level. On another day, they would have shot at a slightly different angle or the goalie wouldn't have been quite as on song as he was yesterday.

We had a few matches earlier in the season where those shots were going in and we've had a patch of (2!) matches where they haven't. It doesn't mean they're suddenly poor players. Although I can see why you're sharpening your metaphorical pencil with glee, as you love to blame someone.
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 08:59 - Sep 19 with 1313 viewsWatford_Ranger

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 06:39 - Sep 19 by superhoopdownunder

However we seem to start most games slowly, concede a couple of goals in many games and have only played a couple of sides near the top so far (Bournemouth and Coventry).

I'm interested in what other supporters closer to the action think? (I am around 10,500 miles away)

As ever we probably aren’t as good as the most optimistic/excitable fans think when things are good and nowhere near as bad as the doom-mongers think when there’s a bad result or two.

It stings to control the vast majority of both halves and get sucker punched like that but we’ll win more than we lose by going for it when drawing with the players we have IMO and it’ll be infinitely better to watch. It’s a dross league mostly and we’re well capable of making the playoffs. Doesn’t mean we will.
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 09:06 - Sep 19 with 1292 viewsgazza1

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 08:46 - Sep 19 by nix

I don't think it's that much of a science at this level. On another day, they would have shot at a slightly different angle or the goalie wouldn't have been quite as on song as he was yesterday.

We had a few matches earlier in the season where those shots were going in and we've had a patch of (2!) matches where they haven't. It doesn't mean they're suddenly poor players. Although I can see why you're sharpening your metaphorical pencil with glee, as you love to blame someone.

Oh really, you think I like to see Rangers loose......very silly boy Nix. I do not give two hoots about earlier matches, yesterday we missed good chances & one of the reasons why we got beaten..

We should be scoring when these opportunities arise - plain & simple, no excuses like you are saying.
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 10:31 - Sep 19 with 1223 viewsnix

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 09:06 - Sep 19 by gazza1

Oh really, you think I like to see Rangers loose......very silly boy Nix. I do not give two hoots about earlier matches, yesterday we missed good chances & one of the reasons why we got beaten..

We should be scoring when these opportunities arise - plain & simple, no excuses like you are saying.

I am not a boy. I am not silly. And you are extremely patronising.

I didn't say you liked Rangers losing, I said you like to lay blame.

I don't care what you give two hoots about, context is important and knee jerk reactions are both pointless and irritating. Many of our chances were on target but blocked or saved. The keeper made ten saves.

Sometimes games go like that. Fulham had a similar experience yesterday. Manchester City had 16 shots and only one on target. It happens to the best teams.

Maybe you don't have enough insight to make suggestions about how to actually improve things, though. Just to criticise.
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 10:44 - Sep 19 with 1201 viewsfrancisbowles

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 10:31 - Sep 19 by nix

I don't care what you give two hoots about, context is important and knee jerk reactions are both pointless and irritating. Many of our chances were on target but blocked or saved. The keeper made ten saves.

Sometimes games go like that. Fulham had a similar experience yesterday. Manchester City had 16 shots and only one on target. It happens to the best teams.

Maybe you don't have enough insight to make suggestions about how to actually improve things, though. Just to criticise.

Sorry Nix, I hit the down vote in error.
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 10:49 - Sep 19 with 1190 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 06:39 - Sep 19 by superhoopdownunder

We're a decent footballing side but lack ruthlessness. When you're on top in a game, you need to make it count, and more often that not, we don't. Hopefully yesterday serves as a wake-up call because you couldn't get more of a sucker-punch than an injury-time winner by our ex-striker. The positive is that this league looks open - Fulham and WBA aren't racing away with it as I expected, so if we can get back to winning ways on Friday and go on a run, then today will be forgotten. Just need to take our chances.
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 11:26 - Sep 19 with 1143 viewsWatfordR

Said it a week or so back. You've got to be prepared to lose in order to try to win. This afternoon was a perfect example of that.

If we had this week back and played those three games again, we could have come out with anywhere between six and eight points more without having played very much differently.

We're playing good, attractive football, and you just know we'll go on a run of five or six wins at some stage. We're eighth without having really hit our straps.

And to be fair, you know the majority of fans see things fairly similarly when there's hardly a thread of criticism after yesterday.
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 12:21 - Sep 19 with 1077 viewsgazza1

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 10:31 - Sep 19 by nix

I made a statement and you chose to respond in a 'not nice' tone.....no probs at all but please don't moan grown if I decide to respond to your comments. I think you are a silly boy for writing those comments - certainly not adult....they were not necessary.

We should have scored more goals yesterday with the chances created - just a statement, no moaning, no criticizing individual players. Absolutely nothing to do with 'science' as you say, not sure what it has to do with scoring goals!!!

PS-I do not give a 'shite' about Fulham, Man City....only the Rangers!!!
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 13:45 - Sep 19 with 1007 viewsngbqpr

Depressing thread.

When did football become a game where you're only ever one game away from a crisis? Where EVERY SINGLE point dropped / goal conceded / chance missed causes such anger and finger pointing?

Time to take a break from the forum and stick with Northern's previews & reports. Tbh I rarely post anymore 'cos 9 times out of 10, Nix has already said exactly what I was going to say.

UUURRRsss

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 14:03 - Sep 19 with 967 viewsnix

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 12:21 - Sep 19 by gazza1

I made a statement and you chose to respond in a 'not nice' tone.....no probs at all but please don't moan grown if I decide to respond to your comments. I think you are a silly boy for writing those comments - certainly not adult....they were not necessary.

We should have scored more goals yesterday with the chances created - just a statement, no moaning, no criticizing individual players. Absolutely nothing to do with 'science' as you say, not sure what it has to do with scoring goals!!!

PS-I do not give a 'shite' about Fulham, Man City....only the Rangers!!!

I don't mind you calling me childish if you choose. Id send that straight back to you. But I'm not a boy.

And personally I don't agree that it's immature to call someone out on a negative and blaming viewpoint of the team. It does sound like moaning. It is criticism.

I didn't say you had to care what happens to Fulham or Man City, it's drawing comparisons that even the best teams have bad days.

A science in the sense that what you put in would always produce identical results. Sport isn't like that, and people have off days.
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 14:10 - Sep 19 with 954 viewsnix

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 13:45 - Sep 19 by ngbqpr

Depressing thread.

When did football become a game where you're only ever one game away from a crisis? Where EVERY SINGLE point dropped / goal conceded / chance missed causes such anger and finger pointing?

Time to take a break from the forum and stick with Northern's previews & reports. Tbh I rarely post anymore 'cos 9 times out of 10, Nix has already said exactly what I was going to say.

UUURRRsss

Sorry ngbqpr. I hope you don't leave for long.

I must admit I'm not coming here for a while if we lose on Tuesday and/or Friday. And thanks for your kind words.

I thought it would be fun this season. We're playing some great football, and we've had some cracking matches. But it seems to have made some people even angrier that they have the nerve to not win every match.

How players and managers handle it I don't know.
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 14:14 - Sep 19 with 940 viewsgazza1

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 14:10 - Sep 19 by nix

Sorry ngbqpr. I hope you don't leave for long.

I must admit I'm not coming here for a while if we lose on Tuesday and/or Friday. And thanks for your kind words.

I thought it would be fun this season. We're playing some great football, and we've had some cracking matches. But it seems to have made some people even angrier that they have the nerve to not win every match.

How players and managers handle it I don't know.

Look at their wage packets at the end of the month.....that we explain everything!!!
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 14:26 - Sep 19 with 915 viewsPinnerPaul

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 18:27 - Sep 18 by Logman

Nonsense title to this thread. Who exactly was soft ? The commitment and effort was 99%

Agree.

Whilst all goals are preventable and therefore someone's 'fault', neither of theirs could be described as 'gifts'
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 14:28 - Sep 19 with 909 viewsPinnerPaul

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 19:26 - Sep 18 by daveB

the winner was conceded more because we were desperately trying to score so left ourselves open rather than any soft under belly

We really do need to sort out first half performances out though, they are just passing us by at the moment

Bit harsh on the 1st half I think Dave.

Couple of decent saves from that ******* keeper and we hit the post.
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 14:30 - Sep 19 with 908 viewsPinnerPaul

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 19:36 - Sep 18 by nix

Absolutely this.

The Championship throws up some weird results.

Peterborough today beat Birmingham City 3-0 and only had two shots on target.

Obviously, we could tweak things and we're not perfect. But we're creating tons of chances and at some point they'll go in.

Indeed - Fulham, who were shoe ins for automatic according to many have now lost two in a row at home.
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 14:33 - Sep 19 with 904 viewsPinnerPaul

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 19:42 - Sep 18 by ManinBlack

I have been watching us for decades and today's sucker punch is something we do and I never accept it or get used to it. We have often lost games in the dying embers and that soft underbelly returned today. All that good effort was a waste of time because we are just not clinical. I just hate to lose when we are the better team. If we were garbage today then fair enough but I just get mad when we dominate and lose at the death. That is the sorry story of a team flirting with relegation snatching defeat right at the end after bossing it.

This is a confidence game and if we exit the cup and lose both the televised games we could be on another six game losing streak with confidence shot. I am downbeat now because I have seen these false dawns so many times in my lifetime I expect us to blow it.

But its not unique to us is Brian's point.

We have scored late goals ourselves this season to save matches and Bristol City lost 2 points in their last game to a last minute goal after a mistake by Bentley!!!!!

As MW has said countless times, they are not robots - 46 games - we will concede and score late goals - as we have already!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024