Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nick London/Andy Sinton 14:21 - Oct 1 with 8813 viewsenfieldargh

I have had the dubious pleasure to watch Derby, Forest, Boro, Hull plus several more clubs. I find the 'home' commentators for Ifollow broadcasts when measured against Nick & Andy fall a very long way short by way of technique, voice sound, totally a biased fans eye based commentary.

Even many of Sky's professional commentators are not as good as our 2.

I'm amazed Nick London hasnt been snapped up by the big boys. He has a great radio voice. Yes he gets some names mixed up now and again but not much else I can find I dont like about him.

Long may they continue

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Nick London/Andy Sinton on 14:26 - Oct 1 with 4222 viewsPinnerPaul

I have been a critic of Nick's in the past, but have to say I do enjoy their commentary.

Have to mention 1 point though - neither he, Andy nor Illias had any idea why the ref gave that free kick against us after the Barbet fk on Tuesday.

Now if you're going to make your living from commentating on matches AND passing comment on referee decisions (which he is of course perfectly entitled to do) then surely you need to make sure you actually know the laws.

I'm maybe being a little unfair, in that many of the 'mainstream media's commentators are just the same, and it annoys me with them as well!
Nick London/Andy Sinton on 14:30 - Oct 1 with 4204 viewsericgen34

Nick London/Andy Sinton on 14:26 - Oct 1 by PinnerPaul

I have been a critic of Nick's in the past, but have to say I do enjoy their commentary.

Have to mention 1 point though - neither he, Andy nor Illias had any idea why the ref gave that free kick against us after the Barbet fk on Tuesday.

Now if you're going to make your living from commentating on matches AND passing comment on referee decisions (which he is of course perfectly entitled to do) then surely you need to make sure you actually know the laws.

I'm maybe being a little unfair, in that many of the 'mainstream media's commentators are just the same, and it annoys me with them as well!

Can you enlighten us on that decision actually? I was very puzzled by it too :)
Nick London/Andy Sinton on 14:38 - Oct 1 with 4169 viewsed_83

Nick London/Andy Sinton on 14:30 - Oct 1 by ericgen34

It's a new rule that says attacking players have to be at least 1m from the wall when a free kick's taken, otherwise the defending team gets an indirect free kick. Ilias was closer than that.

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11
[Post edited 1 Oct 2021 14:39]
Nick London/Andy Sinton on 14:42 - Oct 1 with 4150 viewsTheChef

Love a big "YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS" from Sinton whenever we score.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Nick London/Andy Sinton on 14:50 - Oct 1 with 4122 viewsAntti_Heinola

Nick London/Andy Sinton on 14:26 - Oct 1 by PinnerPaul

with the ludicrous law changes every season now i don't think you can be too hard on them - with the main Sky guys, yes, but I don't think this is Nick's day job is it?
If the powers that be could stop meddling with every tiny bloody thing every season, we'd all be a lot clearer about the laws and maybe give refs a break. I have no idea why laws have to change every single season, it's insane. leave it the fk alone.

Bare bones.

Nick London/Andy Sinton on 15:02 - Oct 1 with 4092 viewsA40Bosh

I have written in to the club's media team in the past to congratulate and thank them for keeping that duo presenting live commentary during the past couple of years.

They are presenting an "internal" production delivered for our fanbase and I will always forgive Nick London having the odd senior moment and getting names wrong or sometimes not keeping up with every second of the action as he goes off on a tangent. Also some people don't get his joke about "former Rangers Legend" - it's tongue in cheek and not meant to be taken seriously.

I think the relationship between the two of them is very natural and as others have said there is nothing better than "Sints" losing his sh't when an important goal goes in.

Nick London missed a couple of games I believe a few weeks back and it wasn't the same.

Long may it continue

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Nick London/Andy Sinton on 15:03 - Oct 1 with 4075 viewsBoston

Regularly have followers of other clubs listen to the broadcast. They all like London’s biased commentary, biased in a good way is their general observation.
I’m a fan, don’t care if he makes the odd mistake, it comes over loud and clear that he too is a fan. Keep it up Nick (and Andy).

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Nick London/Andy Sinton on 15:08 - Oct 1 with 4072 viewsdaveB

Nick London/Andy Sinton on 14:30 - Oct 1 by ericgen34

I had no idea either, we assumed offside or possibly a free kick due to Barbets chip being crap
Login to get fewer ads

Nick London/Andy Sinton on 15:21 - Oct 1 with 4026 viewsrobith

Nick London/Andy Sinton on 14:42 - Oct 1 by TheChef

Love a big "YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS" from Sinton whenever we score.

Came to post this. A noise that got me through lockdown
Nick London/Andy Sinton on 15:35 - Oct 1 with 3963 viewsstainrods_elbow

I was a bit critical of NL in his post-WBA interview when I had a cob on, but like him and Sinton a lot - on the whole, they do a great job of steering a course between partisan and critical - and the fact that London has two Persian cats (as he recently told us) means he clearly has a good soul. I wish they weren't so excusing of professionalism, time-wasting, and general f*cking with the spirit of the game, though, which has really degenerated in recent years in the sport, under the cynical euphemism of 'game management'. (And people who want to say that's romantic nostalgia are really just latterday uber-pragmatists, who are part of the problem.)

What does Nick London do the rest of the time if commentary isn't his 'day job' (although it's obviously his Saturday and sometimes weekday job)?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Nick London/Andy Sinton on 16:03 - Oct 1 with 3891 viewsPinnerPaul

Nick London/Andy Sinton on 14:38 - Oct 1 by ed_83

It's a new rule that says attacking players have to be at least 1m from the wall when a free kick's taken, otherwise the defending team gets an indirect free kick. Ilias was closer than that.

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11

Beat me to it!
Nick London/Andy Sinton on 16:05 - Oct 1 with 3881 viewsOldPedro

Nick London/Andy Sinton on 14:38 - Oct 1 by ed_83

And this week was the first time I've seen a free kick given against an attacker for being too close, yet it seems to happen so often, I thought the ref's weren't bothering with it.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Nick London/Andy Sinton on 16:07 - Oct 1 with 3872 viewsPinnerPaul

Nick London/Andy Sinton on 14:50 - Oct 1 by Antti_Heinola

with the ludicrous law changes every season now i don't think you can be too hard on them - with the main Sky guys, yes, but I don't think this is Nick's day job is it?
If the powers that be could stop meddling with every tiny bloody thing every season, we'd all be a lot clearer about the laws and maybe give refs a break. I have no idea why laws have to change every single season, it's insane. leave it the fk alone.

That's a fair point, but think this particular one was bought in last season.

Also IFAB DO publish a list of the changes each season, so I'm not expecting him to study the whole book every night!, but doesn't take much to note things like that.

In his defence and for balance - the handball law has been changed so many times and contains so many ifs, buts and maybes, that I do forgive anyone for not getting that!

In general though, I do agree with your point, far too many changes these days.
Nick London/Andy Sinton on 16:08 - Oct 1 with 3871 viewsMick_S

Nick London/Andy Sinton on 16:03 - Oct 1 by PinnerPaul

Beat me to it!

Is this designed to stop the pushing/shoving and the occasional lean? Got to have lean.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2021 16:08]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Nick London/Andy Sinton on 16:08 - Oct 1 with 3867 viewscolinallcars

When I started watching ifollow at the start of the pandemic I thought I was going to hate it but Nick & Andy made it an enjoyable experience. I'd like to watch for any match I'm unable to attend but of course it's just midweek and then only if bloody Sky haven't taken it.
Nick London/Andy Sinton on 16:09 - Oct 1 with 3863 viewsPinnerPaul

Nick London/Andy Sinton on 15:08 - Oct 1 by daveB

I had no idea either, we assumed offside or possibly a free kick due to Barbets chip being crap

I think Barbet should take every one of those close to the box, just for the entertainment value!

He'll score 1, one day!
Nick London/Andy Sinton on 16:11 - Oct 1 with 3853 viewsPinnerPaul

Nick London/Andy Sinton on 15:35 - Oct 1 by stainrods_elbow

I was a bit critical of NL in his post-WBA interview when I had a cob on, but like him and Sinton a lot - on the whole, they do a great job of steering a course between partisan and critical - and the fact that London has two Persian cats (as he recently told us) means he clearly has a good soul. I wish they weren't so excusing of professionalism, time-wasting, and general f*cking with the spirit of the game, though, which has really degenerated in recent years in the sport, under the cynical euphemism of 'game management'. (And people who want to say that's romantic nostalgia are really just latterday uber-pragmatists, who are part of the problem.)

What does Nick London do the rest of the time if commentary isn't his 'day job' (although it's obviously his Saturday and sometimes weekday job)?

Well its fine when we do it but not others.

Yes its a club commentary, but as you say, its either fine or not.
Nick London/Andy Sinton on 16:22 - Oct 1 with 3813 viewsBoston

Nick London/Andy Sinton on 16:08 - Oct 1 by colinallcars

When I started watching ifollow at the start of the pandemic I thought I was going to hate it but Nick & Andy made it an enjoyable experience. I'd like to watch for any match I'm unable to attend but of course it's just midweek and then only if bloody Sky haven't taken it.

Have you tried going to a game wearing a set of headphones yet?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Nick London/Andy Sinton on 16:25 - Oct 1 with 3817 viewsed_83

Nick London/Andy Sinton on 15:03 - Oct 1 by Boston

Regularly have followers of other clubs listen to the broadcast. They all like London’s biased commentary, biased in a good way is their general observation.
I’m a fan, don’t care if he makes the odd mistake, it comes over loud and clear that he too is a fan. Keep it up Nick (and Andy).

"Biased in a good way" is an excellent description - he's obviously calling the game as a Rangers fan, for an audience of Rangers fans, but he's generally pretty even-handed, as well as being well-informed and enjoyable to listen to. Another little thing the club's really taken care to do the right way, in my view.
Nick London/Andy Sinton on 16:27 - Oct 1 with 3804 viewssaxbend

I'm really not a fan of Nick London at all, but every criticism I would make of him I would also make of the majority of the BBC and ITV regulars, so it wouldn't surprise me if his counterparts at other clubs are no better. I do wish he'd stop attempting to redefine the word "legend" to mean player who's made at least one appearance for the club though.
Nick London/Andy Sinton on 16:30 - Oct 1 with 3793 viewsNorthernr

Nick London/Andy Sinton on 16:27 - Oct 1 by saxbend

I'm really not a fan of Nick London at all, but every criticism I would make of him I would also make of the majority of the BBC and ITV regulars, so it wouldn't surprise me if his counterparts at other clubs are no better. I do wish he'd stop attempting to redefine the word "legend" to mean player who's made at least one appearance for the club though.

Pretty obviously a fairly harmless running joke. The fewer games they've played, the better the joke is.
Nick London/Andy Sinton on 16:41 - Oct 1 with 3754 viewsnix

Nick London/Andy Sinton on 16:30 - Oct 1 by Northernr

Pretty obviously a fairly harmless running joke. The fewer games they've played, the better the joke is.

I like his jokes too. The cornier the better. That's the point isn't it?

Also love his passion for the sport as much as for the Rs. There's enough blandness in TV and radio presenters. Nice to see someone bucking that trend.
Nick London/Andy Sinton on 16:47 - Oct 1 with 3724 viewslondonscottish

Nick London/Andy Sinton on 15:02 - Oct 1 by A40Bosh

I have written in to the club's media team in the past to congratulate and thank them for keeping that duo presenting live commentary during the past couple of years.

They are presenting an "internal" production delivered for our fanbase and I will always forgive Nick London having the odd senior moment and getting names wrong or sometimes not keeping up with every second of the action as he goes off on a tangent. Also some people don't get his joke about "former Rangers Legend" - it's tongue in cheek and not meant to be taken seriously.

I think the relationship between the two of them is very natural and as others have said there is nothing better than "Sints" losing his sh't when an important goal goes in.

Nick London missed a couple of games I believe a few weeks back and it wasn't the same.

Long may it continue

Totally agree, they are a great double act.

I've been listening to their audio stream for years and have really enjoyed it.

The running jokes in my household are around Nick London's total bias about refereeing decisions and Sints's goal celebrations.

I was lucky enough to meet Andy a couple of years ago and told him I loved his comms because he commentated like a fan.

"Of course." was his answer "I am!".

Great answer.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Nick London/Andy Sinton on 17:03 - Oct 1 with 3668 viewsLazyFan

What's funny is Nick London gets the name wrong, you can sense that Sinton knows he's got it wrong but does not correct him straight away.
if the passage of play continues with the wrong name (as in its not passed), then Sinton says "err ... I think that's actually X" and then London goes "oh yes it is X" and so on.

I like playing a game of who will London mistake our own players for next!

zzzzzzzzzz

Nick London/Andy Sinton on 17:23 - Oct 1 with 3624 viewsBlackCrowe

They're a great double act, really enjoy them.

After Wednesday's second goal..."it's raining, it's pouring, Queens Park Rangers are scoring!"

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024