Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
10 years ago today……….. 11:56 - Oct 23 with 3462 viewsSnipper

…………….was the most evil atmosphere I’ve experienced at QPR.

The Chelsea players were shook up. Lol 😂.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=poEbHRNgJhk&feature=share
10 years ago today……….. on 13:15 - Oct 23 with 3221 viewsEsox_Lucius

IIRC Jon Obi Mikel said it was the most intimidating atmosphere he had ever encountered at a football match.

The grass is always greener.

10 years ago today……….. on 13:53 - Oct 23 with 3147 viewsQPRSteve

A wonderful day. Loved every minute of it.
10 years ago today……….. on 14:25 - Oct 23 with 3054 viewsManinBlack

Certainly a more enjoyable day then compared to today with them crushing Norwich 7-0.
10 years ago today……….. on 14:47 - Oct 23 with 2966 viewsJuzzie

10 years….. wow.

What a day. Chelsea’s official match preview was one of the most condescending, unprofessional and disrespectful I’ve ever seen. Maybe Neil pinned it up and let the players do the rest.

With their hundreds of £millions on show they should have won it easily, even with nine men in the 2nd half. Lampard had a very good penalty claim waved away by Sir Chris Hoy and Anelka headed point blank at Kenny when scoring may have been easier.

The atmosphere from the off was phenomenal and never let up. Mata too afraid to take throw ins or corners but fair play to Lampard who did and took the abuse with a smile. Terry getting a pasting from the fans and that was, of course, the game that shamed him for what he is.

But we played well enough to get, and deserve, the win.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 14:49]
10 years ago today……….. on 22:25 - Oct 23 with 2566 viewsloftboy

Also Ashley Cole should have been sent off right at the end, cech came up for a corner, SWP broke away and Cole already on a yellow chopped him down, Hoy decided to blow the final whistle instead.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

10 years ago today……….. on 22:28 - Oct 23 with 2551 viewsSK_hoops

I bring this game any time anyone mentions John Terry.
10 years ago today……….. on 07:00 - Oct 24 with 2355 viewsToast_R

The ramifications rocked English football. Terry stripped of the England captaincy leading to the departure of Capello as manager and Roy Hodgson as his replacement. All because of that game and the atmosphere we created, incredible really.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2021 7:01]
10 years ago today……….. on 09:46 - Oct 24 with 2171 viewsthemodfather

ray wilkins was shaken up in the commentary box, chelsea went down to 9 and cole should have been sent off at the death, few single games have an iIMPACT on the sport, THIS DID, as said before, terry lost the england captaincy, the manager went for wanting him in squad , the fall out and court hearings, fat blokes crying in tatty olf chelsea shirts in the street (lol) and still today it is called in the media "the most toxic match ever" bear in mind many other big city derbies, that says something. , i still hate trerry and them.
Login to get fewer ads

10 years ago today……….. on 14:20 - Oct 24 with 1972 viewswestberksr

amazing day at HQ; unforgettable.
10 years ago today……….. on 13:51 - Oct 25 with 1647 viewsTomS

Here you go.

https://archive.org/details/queens-park-rangers-1-0-chelsea-motd-highlights-sund

Unfortunately the BBC editing doesn't show the yellow card incidents, nor give a flavour of the unique atmosphere, but it's still worth a look.
10 years ago today……….. on 14:04 - Oct 25 with 1607 viewsloftboy

10 years ago today……….. on 13:51 - Oct 25 by TomS

Here you go.

https://archive.org/details/queens-park-rangers-1-0-chelsea-motd-highlights-sund

Unfortunately the BBC editing doesn't show the yellow card incidents, nor give a flavour of the unique atmosphere, but it's still worth a look.

Thanks for posting that, warmed my heart up before going to work

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

10 years ago today……….. on 14:30 - Oct 25 with 1547 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thanks Tom.

Never gets old!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

10 years ago today……….. on 14:54 - Oct 25 with 1524 viewsPinnerPaul

The Marc Bircham video of him watching the the game with a Chelsea fan (for the offy) was brilliant as well!
10 years ago today……….. on 15:11 - Oct 25 with 1495 viewsWokingR

10 years ago today……….. on 14:04 - Oct 25 by loftboy

Thanks for posting that, warmed my heart up before going to work

That's got to be my all time favourite Loftus Road game
10 years ago today……….. on 15:13 - Oct 25 with 1486 viewsJuzzie

"Lampard's 500th League game"
"Chelsea need one more goal to hit 6,000 in League football"

Arf, we fked both of those up!
10 years ago today……….. on 15:16 - Oct 25 with 1480 viewsHAYESBOY

Have the full game/SKY coverage on DVD. Lifted it from my old SKY+ before I changed to SKY Q.
Was in the East Paddock that day in my old seat.
Most of their team didn't know what hit them.
From Mata crapping himself at corners. Morelies giving the Paddocks the slit across the throat sign, Cole offering out fans outside (which of course he had no intention of doing), to Terry giving it large about trophies won all the time.
The most tense atmosphere in Loftus Road I have ever witnessed.
Then obviously Terry calling Ferdinand a blck c~nt. Clearly said on the playback of the live game.
As said the ramifications of that game went on for years.

The other things remembered about that game from the coverage.
Wilkins didn't think Bosingwa should have been sent of, but he clearly grabs Wright's shirt to haul him down.
Jamie Redknapp in the studio saying he didn't think this was a local derby.
Neville stating its one of the most intimidating atmospheres he has ever seen.
Wilkins wondering if he was safe in the commentary box when we scored as it was shaking badly.

Smells like a trout farm in here

10 years ago today……….. on 15:29 - Oct 25 with 1446 viewsRangers67

Agree with all of the above. For me personally it was my favourite Rangers game. Giving it to that cocky lot was pure heaven. If we ever play them again I would love to have that atmosphere. I have been to games against them since at KPF and the atmosphere was nothing like the same. So I was wondering what sparked it of that day ? Anyway would love to see any more vids of the day of either the match or reaction to it.
10 years ago today……….. on 16:24 - Oct 25 with 1350 viewsPunteR

10 years ago today……….. on 15:29 - Oct 25 by Rangers67

Agree with all of the above. For me personally it was my favourite Rangers game. Giving it to that cocky lot was pure heaven. If we ever play them again I would love to have that atmosphere. I have been to games against them since at KPF and the atmosphere was nothing like the same. So I was wondering what sparked it of that day ? Anyway would love to see any more vids of the day of either the match or reaction to it.

Wasn't it our first game against them for 15 years or something ?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

10 years ago today……….. on 16:49 - Oct 25 with 1321 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Don't get me wrong, Brentford and Fulham can absolutely be proud of everything they have done in the past 10/20 years (including a Euro Cup final) but you can't replicate what the QPR fans did that day and they way LR worked for us that Griffin Park / Lionel Rd / Craven Cottage couldn't.

Cocaine, Stella, bitterness, and Herberts. Sometimes they work for you. Fulham and Brentford just don't have it in them do they?
[Post edited 25 Oct 2021 16:51]
10 years ago today……….. on 19:11 - Oct 25 with 1143 viewsQPROslo

I got over from Oslo for that game with my 2 sons. Had tickets high up in the Loft, shouted and sang for more than 90 minutes. Great win and one of the very best atmospheres I've experienced at a game.
10 years ago today……….. on 19:32 - Oct 25 with 1089 viewsWestonsuperR

I’ve tried to find highlights of the match (not just our goal) but never been able to, anyone help?
10 years ago today……….. on 19:34 - Oct 25 with 1086 viewsGroveR

10 years ago today……….. on 16:49 - Oct 25 by BazzaInTheLoft

Don't get me wrong, Brentford and Fulham can absolutely be proud of everything they have done in the past 10/20 years (including a Euro Cup final) but you can't replicate what the QPR fans did that day and they way LR worked for us that Griffin Park / Lionel Rd / Craven Cottage couldn't.

Cocaine, Stella, bitterness, and Herberts. Sometimes they work for you. Fulham and Brentford just don't have it in them do they?
[Post edited 25 Oct 2021 16:51]

It was evident in the build up it wasn't a game for neutrals - you were QPR or Chel*** or you could fùck off. I'm pretty sure someone in the old Tommy Flynns in Hammersmith did a coffin in Chel*** colours.

I've been to 3 Old Firm derbies and this wasn't far off that (minus the sectarianism).
10 years ago today……….. on 20:23 - Oct 25 with 993 viewsJuzzie

10 years ago today……….. on 16:24 - Oct 25 by PunteR

Wasn't it our first game against them for 15 years or something ?

We played them at Stamford Bridge in the FA Cup 3rd round a couple of years earlier. Held our own, lost 1-0 due to an unfortunate rebound off the woodwork, onto Camp and into the goal.

We had the whole of the shed end;

However, the game at Loftus Road 10 years ago was the first League game since 1996 and effectively on equal terms (the friendly doesn’t count as good as it was).
10 years ago today……….. on 21:03 - Oct 25 with 939 viewsHAYESBOY

We played them in the League cup as well, lost 1-0.

Just found the below. Was there for that game but not the FA cup.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/league_cup/8257276.stm

Smells like a trout farm in here

10 years ago today……….. on 21:10 - Oct 25 with 926 viewsGaryBannisterswedge

10 years ago today……….. on 20:23 - Oct 25 by Juzzie

We played them at Stamford Bridge in the FA Cup 3rd round a couple of years earlier. Held our own, lost 1-0 due to an unfortunate rebound off the woodwork, onto Camp and into the goal.

We had the whole of the shed end;

However, the game at Loftus Road 10 years ago was the first League game since 1996 and effectively on equal terms (the friendly doesn’t count as good as it was).

I never thought the Oldham play off atmosphere would be beaten but that day was pure poison from us, the Sunday 4pm(I think?) helped with beer consumption, on a personal level I’d just split from my missus so all my anger went on them shithouses, amazing afternoon, we properly stuck it up them, if they’d forgotten we were a local rival who despised them they certainly were reminded after that, praying for them at home in a cup this year
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024